GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Rory Takes Down Brooks

2»

Comments

• scoresscores scores Members  1389WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,389 Platinum Tees

Rory got the the break he needed the drain.
    Then it’s that fine line he talked about!!

Posted:
    Driver M1
    3W M1
    Irons Mizunos 64's 3 -pw
    Putter Spider
    58 Titleist
    52 Titeist
    Hybrid 2I Adams

Ball Taylor TP
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13928WRX Points: 2,748Handicap: 3.1Posts: 13,928 Titanium Tees

DeShampoo and Bruce Cupcake ... best golf nicknames of the year
    Someone should have the vid where Bruce comes from

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Callaway Apex UT 30* AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

• Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members  2801WRX Points: 1,091Posts: 2,801 Titanium Tees

On -, @physasst said:

On -, @Ashley Schaeffer said:

Awesome win! Pretty #classless, however, to not thank Jack Nicklaus in the post round press.

Why on Earth would he go out of his way to thank Nicklaus? I wouldn't either. Rory won this. Not Jack. Nicklaus was a great player..but can't see how that is relevant to today....

Nicklaus “not relevant to today”? Surely you jest.

Posted:
    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2807WRX Points: 985Posts: 2,807 Titanium Tees

On -, @physasst said:

Awesome win! Pretty #classless, however, to not thank Jack Nicklaus in the post round press.

Why on Earth would he go out of his way to thank Nicklaus? I wouldn't either. Rory won this. Not Jack. Nicklaus was a great player..but can't see how that is relevant to today....

What relevance does jack have in Rory’s win

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21655WRX Points: 5,646Posts: 21,655 ClubWRX

LOL, says the guy who likes to rag on Jack. Love this place.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  602WRX Points: 137Handicap: 15.4Posts: 602 Golden Tee

I think Rory makes a serious run in the Masters this April. It just seems like he has found a new motivation. Something lit a fire under his butt. Seems like he wants it more now.

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    4W = Titleist TS2 (16.5*)
    7W = Titleist 917F2 (21*)
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    (50.08 Mid, 56.10 High, 60.5 Low)
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members  2801WRX Points: 1,091Posts: 2,801 Titanium Tees

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

What relevance DOESN'T Nicklaus have in Rory's win. Rory could've at least thanked Nicklaus as a nod to those who came before him.

Posted:
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members  3726WRX Points: 1,155Posts: 3,726 Titanium Tees

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

What relevance DOESN'T Nicklaus have in Rory's win. Rory could've at least thanked Nicklaus as a nod to those who came before him.

The ROAT!

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21655WRX Points: 5,646Posts: 21,655 ClubWRX

On -, @MooJersey said:

I think Rory makes a serious run in the Masters this April. It just seems like he has found a new motivation. Something lit a fire under his butt. Seems like he wants it more now.

How many years folks been saying that one? LOL.

He was plenty motivated, allegedly, after last season and with his start to this season, then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted:
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5931WRX Points: 3,393Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,931 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

On -, @MooJersey said:

He was plenty motivated, allegedly, after last season and with his start to this season, then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

..............................marital problems.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MCP_2013MCP_2013 Members  81WRX Points: 83Posts: 81 Fairways

Congrats to Rory on the win, hope to see him take the game he brought this weekend to the majors next year.

Posted:
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers  1595WRX Points: 333Posts: 1,595 Platinum Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

On -, @MooJersey said:

Yep, there seems to always be something that leads so many to believe he has found a new motivation similar to what he had earlier in his career. I have no doubt that some of that early motivation was money, but now that he has more of that than several generations should be able to spend, that has to be gone to a very large extent now. Maybe his form over the course of this season will be some sign of him "wanting it" again, but until we are able to actually see him come out and actually prove that, I will reserve judgment on it.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2807WRX Points: 985Posts: 2,807 Titanium Tees

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

In that he should thank Palmer, Snead, Hogan, tiger and every other great player, especially tiger since the event purses skyrocketed after tiger came on the scene and definitely after last year since the pot jumped several million for the winner.

Posted:
  • stormbringerstormbringer Stormbringer UtahMembers  94WRX Points: 86Handicap: 2.9Posts: 94 Fairways

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

Really? Hogwash. We don't need winning players thanking everyone and their dogs. What do you want the Academy Awards? Did Jack give him a putting tip this week or something?

You thank those directly responsible for putting you into position to win. Coaches, trainers, caddie, tournament sponsor, agent, equipment rep, host site/city, golf facility staff, volunteers, family etc.

Posted:
    Driver Ping G410 Plus 9 Project X Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    3 Wood Ping Rapture 13.5 Ping TFC 949 Stiff
    5 Wood Ping G410 SFT 18 Fujikura Atmos Tour Black 7S
    Hybrid Ping G410 22 Ping Tour 85 Stiff 
    Irons Ping G10 4-PW Ping AWT Stiff
    Wedges Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52/12 AWT Wedge, Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58/08 AWT Wedge
    Bobby Grace A** Kicker Putter 37" SS Plus XL Counter Balanced
    Ball  Bridgestone B330 or Titleist ProV1

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

In that he should thank Palmer, Snead, Hogan, tiger and every other great player, especially tiger since the event purses skyrocketed after tiger came on the scene and definitely after last year since the pot jumped several million for the winner.

Are you trying to say Tiger Woods did more for the game of golf than Jack William Nicklaus? I will warn you, good sir, if you speak ill of JWN on this site, or even allude to any of his transgressions, they will ban you. There will be no logical explanation. You will be banned. I suggest that you put some respect on JWN's name, as Rory should have in his post-round press conference.

Posted:
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two

Advertisement
  • RmatzenRmatzen Members  12WRX Points: 8Posts: 12 Bunkers

Rory's putting and driving really did it for him. Guy was unbelievable off the tee and his putting has really improved. Surprisingly, he's never been too amazing with his short irons (compared to his longer), but was definitely good enough with them this past week

Posted:
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1325WRX Points: 356Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

On -, @physasst said:

I don't think he's being serious although you can never tell on Golfwrx

Posted:
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5931WRX Points: 3,393Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,931 Titanium Tees

On -, @cardoustie said:

DeShampoo and Bruce Cupcake ... best golf nicknames of the year
    Someone should have the vid where Bruce comes from

Brooks was called "Bruce" at least two times during various coverage that I watched this year.
    One time each by Verne Lundquist and David Duval.

Remember our forum friend who called him Bruce?
    That was awesome.

Posted:
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members  3726WRX Points: 1,155Posts: 3,726 Titanium Tees

Posted:

On -, @cdnglf said:

Pam Huntington is an underrated smoke. It's gone under the radar that both Rory and JWN have never thanked her after their respective wins.

Posted:
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10604WRX Points: 3,726Handicap: 8Posts: 10,604 ClubWRX

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

I agree, no need to thank Jack for this. Jack already went out of his way to show he is upset with how much they are getting paid now. I don't see how jack plays into this equation...

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @physasst said:

I agree, no need to thank Jack for this. Jack already went out of his way to show he is upset with how much they are getting paid now. I don't see how jack plays into this equation...

He doesn't. FTR, I don't actually think Rory should've thanks Nicklaus.

Posted:
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • brycefazebrycefaze Members  122WRX Points: 59Handicap: 16Posts: 122 Fairways

On -, @Cincy_Ken said:

On -, @brycefaze said:

On -, @SCalGolfer said:

Rory is so talented. It's hard to believe he hasn't won a major title in over 5 years. I can see him winning one next year.

hopefully the Masters

It's a little frustrating because sometimes Rory shows you why his A game is the best around. For him to have the season he's had and not factor at any of the majors is disappointing. I still feel Rory wins more majors in his 30s than his 20s but there's no reasonable explanation for how Rory should go 5 years majorless.

I agree! My opinion is he needs a new sports psychologist to help him get his mind right. Or if he doesn't have one yet, he needs to get one.

Posted:
    • King Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 12 degree
    • Ping G400 5 wood
    • Titleist U510 - 3i 
    • Ping i210 4-w
    • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 and 56 degree
    • Taylormade Spider
    • Taylormade TP5X, Titleist Pro V1(x)
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members  622WRX Points: 153Posts: 622 Golden Tee

On -, @brycefaze said:

On -, @Cincy_Ken said:

On -, @brycefaze said:

On -, @SCalGolfer said:

Rory is so talented. It's hard to believe he hasn't won a major title in over 5 years. I can see him winning one next year.

hopefully the Masters

It's a little frustrating because sometimes Rory shows you why his A game is the best around. For him to have the season he's had and not factor at any of the majors is disappointing. I still feel Rory wins more majors in his 30s than his 20s but there's no reasonable explanation for how Rory should go 5 years majorless.

I agree! My opinion is he needs a new sports psychologist to help him get his mind right. Or if he doesn't have one yet, he needs to get one.

A mind or a sports psychologist?

Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29197WRX Points: 6,034Posts: 29,197 Titanium Tees

A little less intensity than,

Down goes Frazier!

But, not bad ; )

Posted:

Advertisement
  • brycefazebrycefaze Members  122WRX Points: 59Handicap: 16Posts: 122 Fairways

On -, @GolfTurkey said:

On -, @brycefaze said:

On -, @Cincy_Ken said:

On -, @brycefaze said:

On -, @SCalGolfer said:

hopefully the Masters

A mind or a sports psychologist?

I see the confusion in how I wrote that, but he might need both!

Posted:
    • King Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 12 degree
    • Ping G400 5 wood
    • Titleist U510 - 3i 
    • Ping i210 4-w
    • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 and 56 degree
    • Taylormade Spider
    • Taylormade TP5X, Titleist Pro V1(x)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.