Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Rory Takes Down Brooks

2»

Comments

• scoresscores scores Members Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Rory got the the break he needed the drain.
    Then it’s that fine line he talked about!!

Driver M1
    3W M1
    Irons Mizunos 64's 3 -pw
    Putter Spider
    58 Titleist
    52 Titeist
    Hybrid 2I Adams

Ball Taylor TP
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

DeShampoo and Bruce Cupcake ... best golf nicknames of the year
    Someone should have the vid where Bruce comes from

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:
    Awesome win! Pretty #classless, however, to not thank Jack Nicklaus in the post round press.

Why on Earth would he go out of his way to thank Nicklaus? I wouldn't either. Rory won this. Not Jack. Nicklaus was a great player..but can't see how that is relevant to today....

Nicklaus “not relevant to today”? Surely you jest.

8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:
    Awesome win! Pretty #classless, however, to not thank Jack Nicklaus in the post round press.

Why on Earth would he go out of his way to thank Nicklaus? I wouldn't either. Rory won this. Not Jack. Nicklaus was a great player..but can't see how that is relevant to today....

What relevance does jack have in Rory’s win

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,401 ClubWRX

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

LOL, says the guy who likes to rag on Jack. Love this place.

• MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers Posts: 530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Rory makes a serious run in the Masters this April. It just seems like he has found a new motivation. Something lit a fire under his butt. Seems like he wants it more now.

Cobra F8+ Driver / HZRDUS Smoke
    Cobra F8 3W / Aldila NV 2KXV Blue
    Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 50.08F
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 54.08M
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 60.04L
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

What relevance DOESN'T Nicklaus have in Rory's win. Rory could've at least thanked Nicklaus as a nod to those who came before him.

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

What relevance DOESN'T Nicklaus have in Rory's win. Rory could've at least thanked Nicklaus as a nod to those who came before him.

The ROAT!

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,401 ClubWRX

@MooJersey said:
    I think Rory makes a serious run in the Masters this April. It just seems like he has found a new motivation. Something lit a fire under his butt. Seems like he wants it more now.

How many years folks been saying that one? LOL.

He was plenty motivated, allegedly, after last season and with his start to this season, then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Hawkeye77 said:

@MooJersey said:

He was plenty motivated, allegedly, after last season and with his start to this season, then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

..............................marital problems.

• pascoepascoe Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Congrats to Rory on the win, hope to see him take the game he brought this weekend to the majors next year.

• MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Hawkeye77 said:

@MooJersey said:

Yep, there seems to always be something that leads so many to believe he has found a new motivation similar to what he had earlier in his career. I have no doubt that some of that early motivation was money, but now that he has more of that than several generations should be able to spend, that has to be gone to a very large extent now. Maybe his form over the course of this season will be some sign of him "wanting it" again, but until we are able to actually see him come out and actually prove that, I will reserve judgment on it.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

In that he should thank Palmer, Snead, Hogan, tiger and every other great player, especially tiger since the event purses skyrocketed after tiger came on the scene and definitely after last year since the pot jumped several million for the winner.

• stormbringerstormbringer Stormbringer UtahMembers Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 26, 2019 6:28pm #46

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

Really? Hogwash. We don't need winning players thanking everyone and their dogs. What do you want the Academy Awards? Did Jack give him a putting tip this week or something?

You thank those directly responsible for putting you into position to win. Coaches, trainers, caddie, tournament sponsor, agent, equipment rep, host site/city, golf facility staff, volunteers, family etc.

Driver  G410 Plus 9 Project X Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    3 Wood  Rapture 13.5 Ping TFC 949 Stiff
    5 Wood Ping G410 SFT 18 Fujikura Atmos Tour Black 7S
    Hybrid  Karsten 4 Hybrid Ping KS 401 Stiff
    Irons  G30 Black Dot 5-U Wedge Ping CFS Distance R+
    Wedges  Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 SS 56/12 & 60/14 WS Ping AWT Wedge
    Bobby Grace A** Kicker Putter 37" SS Plus XL Counter Balanced
    Ball  Titleist Tour Soft

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

In that he should thank Palmer, Snead, Hogan, tiger and every other great player, especially tiger since the event purses skyrocketed after tiger came on the scene and definitely after last year since the pot jumped several million for the winner.

Are you trying to say Tiger Woods did more for the game of golf than Jack William Nicklaus? I will warn you, good sir, if you speak ill of JWN on this site, or even allude to any of his transgressions, they will ban you. There will be no logical explanation. You will be banned. I suggest that you put some respect on JWN's name, as Rory should have in his post-round press conference.

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • RmatzenRmatzen Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Rory's putting and driving really did it for him. Guy was unbelievable off the tee and his putting has really improved. Surprisingly, he's never been too amazing with his short irons (compared to his longer), but was definitely good enough with them this past week

• chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

I don't think he's being serious although you can never tell on Golfwrx

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:
    DeShampoo and Bruce Cupcake ... best golf nicknames of the year
    Someone should have the vid where Bruce comes from

Brooks was called "Bruce" at least two times during various coverage that I watched this year.
    One time each by Verne Lundquist and David Duval.

Remember our forum friend who called him Bruce?
    That was awesome.

• cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cdnglf said:

Pam Huntington is an underrated smoke. It's gone under the radar that both Rory and JWN have never thanked her after their respective wins.

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

I agree, no need to thank Jack for this. Jack already went out of his way to show he is upset with how much they are getting paid now. I don't see how jack plays into this equation...

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

@QuigleyDU said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

I agree, no need to thank Jack for this. Jack already went out of his way to show he is upset with how much they are getting paid now. I don't see how jack plays into this equation...

He doesn't. FTR, I don't actually think Rory should've thanks Nicklaus.

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • brycefazebrycefaze Members Posts: 101 ✭✭✭

@Cincy_Ken said:

@brycefaze said:

@SCalGolfer said:
    Rory is so talented. It's hard to believe he hasn't won a major title in over 5 years. I can see him winning one next year.

hopefully the Masters

It's a little frustrating because sometimes Rory shows you why his A game is the best around. For him to have the season he's had and not factor at any of the majors is disappointing. I still feel Rory wins more majors in his 30s than his 20s but there's no reasonable explanation for how Rory should go 5 years majorless.

I agree! My opinion is he needs a new sports psychologist to help him get his mind right. Or if he doesn't have one yet, he needs to get one.

• King Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 12 degree
    • Ping G400 5 wood
    • Titleist U510 - 3i 
    • Ping i210 4-w
    • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 and 56 degree
    • Taylormade Spider
    • Taylormade TP5X, Titleist Pro V1(x)
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brycefaze said:

@Cincy_Ken said:

@brycefaze said:

@SCalGolfer said:
    Rory is so talented. It's hard to believe he hasn't won a major title in over 5 years. I can see him winning one next year.

hopefully the Masters

It's a little frustrating because sometimes Rory shows you why his A game is the best around. For him to have the season he's had and not factor at any of the majors is disappointing. I still feel Rory wins more majors in his 30s than his 20s but there's no reasonable explanation for how Rory should go 5 years majorless.

I agree! My opinion is he needs a new sports psychologist to help him get his mind right. Or if he doesn't have one yet, he needs to get one.

A mind or a sports psychologist?

• LICCLICC Members Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@physasst said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

Rory probably doesn't even realize that in Jack's prime he played with persimmon woods and balata balls.

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,294 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A little less intensity than,

Down goes Frazier!

But, not bad ; )

• brycefazebrycefaze Members Posts: 101 ✭✭✭

@GolfTurkey said:

@brycefaze said:

@Cincy_Ken said:

@brycefaze said:

@SCalGolfer said:

hopefully the Masters

A mind or a sports psychologist?

I see the confusion in how I wrote that, but he might need both!

• King Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 12 degree
    • Ping G400 5 wood
    • Titleist U510 - 3i 
    • Ping i210 4-w
    • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 and 56 degree
    • Taylormade Spider
    • Taylormade TP5X, Titleist Pro V1(x)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file