Golf Tec/Swing is now unrecognizable

baller4opca

Has anyone taken lessons at golf tec? I'm thinking about going there as I take instruction best when I have visual feedback. I used to be a 12 hcp but have not played as much over the winter and my game has gone back to when I first started playing. I have changed my swing so much trying to fix it myself w the youtube videos and have no clue anymore what I am doing wrong. I would guess than I'm probably playing a hcp that is about at 20 right now. I have no idea what has happened other than me tweaking it so much it is unrecognizable anymore. It seems I change it up every time I go to the range.

Good instructors are like trying to find a good mechanic....

Word of mouth is your best bet. I've had great conversations with some instructors at the big box stores and at golf shows. I've also had frightening conversations at both.

You HAVE to do your homework.

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I agree with this. I haven't found a good one yet. I did several lessons at golftec years ago, and then my instructor left that job. I was not able to schedule lessons with a new instructor that fit my schedule, so I lost out on the price of the last 3 or 4 lessons. Then I recently went to a golfdigest top 100 instructor. He gave me some things to work on, but honestly, he left me with mostly, "work on that path." Trust me, I spent three years focused on that singular goal, without progress, which is why I went in for lessons. I have one instructor left that I'm considering. I'm planning to call when it warms up some, but I can't say that I'm particularly optimistic.

The only good thing that came out of my 10 lessons with GT was that I recognized I have a bad case of early extension that leads to flipping and heel misses. He never actually used the term "early extension" in my course of lessons and the only help he really offered was telling me to rotate. No drills, nothing. I wish I had the time to devote to a good instructor who could help me focus on fixing that glaring fault in my swing.

Thanks all. I've been to several instructors and they all give me the generic flaws instead of trying to work around my swing. I learned nothing new. Being a 12hcp, I was never that bad that we couldn't just alter a thing or two instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. I live 5 miles from where Dan teaches but I can't afford paying the rate even though I know he could cure me. LOL.

Sometimes teachers can be sympathetic to earnest people who can't afford the going rate. They like money, but what really keeps them teaching is when someone gets better. It's worth asking. Or maybe you have something to barter.

I'm saying, if I felt I was 5 miles from a golf teacher who could do what I need, I'd try hard to find a way to make it happen.

• Like 1

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

Well the one good thing about golfTec that I can say is that at the very least it gets you on a ball flight monitor with a person that can read the data and at the very least diagnose the specific issues you have using video and baseline swing mechanics that they all use. They have a core philosophy that shows you the data and uses visuals and diagrams to compare your swing to correct swings. You also get a video and a plan of things to work on sent to you after the fact - so it is not all bad. You can try it out for free and see if you jibe with the instructor - that is always good as well.

I have finally hit this brick wall, It was funny Monte made a recent post about how to approach the golf swing fix. With that.... I have made so many fixes to my swing ever single round its a different swing. Its a hot mess. Watching YouTube on "recommendations" just keeps feeding this change, this feeling, this rotation, this angle etc etc. Its never ending.

I went 79, 98, 98, 88, 85 the last 5 rounds its a MESS..... I finally slapped some sense into myself..... STOP IT...... I am going back to a VERY basic natural swing. I am not focusing on ANY "beautiful" angles, positions, etc etc JUST take the club back, turn how my body turns and let everything go. This is the ONLY thing I take to the course now, NO more left wrist flat or lag or shaft lean. Cant shoot consistent golf if you dont have a consistent swing.

Seriously stop all the videos.... take your natural tendencies and stick with it for a couple of weeks even months to get your consistency back. GL OP the struggle is real

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I’ve gone in the past and it helped, I Started going again. Seeing the visual in real time helps me especially frame by frame. I find you think you are not doing the things you actually are. Having video playback when you go there to practice is helpful as well. It’s a pretty big commitment, 1.5 hours practice and a lesson a week.

I am going through the Golftec process. Bought a 10 lesson pack -- and it seems to have identified some issues that I was not aware of. I don't know if it is any better or worse than some other lessons I have taken. Jury is still out ...

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X (with 20g weight in butt)

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Taylormade MG4 56* and 60*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

OK this is just my opinion, but if most people would just do some basic mirror work, especially the setup, backswing and shaft plane they would make big improvements as this aspect seems simple but many many have issues with one or all three.

Seeing the numbers is great, but if you can't translate those into what is really causing a concern then it really doesn't matter.

Many people I talk to have a very basic misconception between launch angle and loft. Trajectory & trajectory control is everything in a great swing

I took one lesson at GolfTec a long time ago and it messed me up for a couple of rounds. I soon came to realize they try to teach the exact same swing to everybody so I went with a recommended Instructor in Houston and my swing has improved tremendously after that....then I took a few months off and forgot it all but the point is, never go to GolfTec. Our Golf Group joking call any "mechnical swing", the "GolfTec" swing.

I have used Golftec 2 times before both with the 12 lesson pack 2016 and 2018 different instructors.

At the time I was not as committed about my own process as I should have and would go every couple of weeks and in between I would not practice the drills and watch to much youtube and completely destroy what they were trying to help me with.

In between the golftec hiatus I saw Zach Allen, Jack Kim, GG and my local head pro at my club.

All told me the same thing beautiful back swing not so much on the down swing all had a little different way to try and fix it but at the end of the day I didn't practice the methods enough.

Golftec has a cookie cutter approach to get your shots to a high draw.

I find that it works well for me as I need to see real vs feel as much as I can but I also know that I am easily drawn to the daily videos on youtube that promise a fix and hit the ball better.

I am signing up again next week and going all in on there 40 package plan and I have told myself that this time I will do my best to stick to the plan, I also picked a coach based on the schedule that fits my days.

Golf Daily

I had a really bad experience with Golftec a few years ago. The pro was a Moe Norman fan and I agreed to have him teach me that swing based on the Graves Brothers approach. Every lesson he told me something different and then he quit Golftec with a couple of lessons left without telling me. I did find out before he left there and took the last two lessons in on one day or something like that I don't remember. Anyway it was a very bad set of lessons. I was not impressed with the other instructors there as they seemed really young and inexperienced. The swing jacket gizmo, video and launch monitor are good tools but there are teaching pros with better setups. As far as Golftec goes I would say that it would be a matter of running into an instructor who is really good and meshes with you.

They're all about $$$ and to get you to keep buying their lessons when they're on sale. My lesson pack was coming to an end and I had just lost my job and my "coach" suggested I put a new lesson pack on a cc to take advantage of their "sale". It was going to be around $2600. That just reaffirmed they didn't give a crap about anything other than $$$. Many of the things they taught, I felt made my game worst. I've found Clay Ballard with Top Speed Golf very informative.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond S  8.5* (Tensei 1k Pro Blue)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 3W (Tensei 1k Black)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 5W (Tensei 1K Pro Black)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 7W (Tensei 1K Pro Black)

Irons: PXG 0317T Xtreme Dark 5-PW (Dynamic Gold120 X100)

Wedge: Titleist SM9 48*

Wedge: Titleist SM9 54*

Wedge: Titleist SM9 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice

My opinion is only the clueless go there - like myself! - until I came across online lessons with guys like Dan, which is far superior than golftec. The only cool thing about golftec is getting those measurements but even that is bad because all you do is chase positions, which we know is exactly what you don't want to be doing in a vacuum.

Now, of course, you might luck across someone that's really good who happens to be there but it's just that..total luck.

One of the guys in our group has worked with them for 2+ years now. Demographically, early 70's in very good shape, no issues with walking 18 and he works out regularly. Between lessons and being fit by GT, he's added a minimum of 20 yards to his drives (220 now vs struggling to get to 200) and his index is down to 22 to 14 with a trend down to close to 12. It looks like it's worked out well for him.

Find a local PGA member at a golf course. One that has a little bit of a passion for teaching. One where you're working at a practice range and not a launch monitor chasing data points. The answer is in the dirt.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I agree a lot of it's in the dirt, but you may need "Hands on" and slow motion exercises to feel a position you need to be in that you are unaware of or resistant to because it doesn't feel "right"...

This, in concert with launch monitor data "in capable hands" will give you the quickest path to success.

All This above with the proper amount of "being resolute" and you will succeed