GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Getting a Tour Card

Kyengtae3 ·  
Kyengtae3Kyengtae3 Members  8WRX Points: 7Posts: 8 Bunkers

Hey guys, hopefully you guys can answer my question.

I am trying learn about the game of golf here and was wondering.

1. How do you get into PGA Tour
  2. What steps do I need to take to obtain a PGA Tour Card
  3. What is Korn Ferry
  4. How do I qualify for Korn Ferry
  5. Are there other ways to get a PGA Tour Card other than Q-School
  6. Is Q-School mandatory thing to go through to even get a foot in the door
  7. How do you become an amateur golfer status
  8. How do people pay for Q-School

If you guys can answer these questions for me it would be of great help.

Thank you ~ !!

Posted:

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Rob G 89Rob G 89 Members  869WRX Points: 81Posts: 869 Golden Tee

If you need to ask these questions your not ready for the answer.

Posted:
  • Rob G 89Rob G 89 Members  869WRX Points: 81Posts: 869 Golden Tee
    1. How do you get into PGA Tour

through the korn ferry tour, win an event as a non member, or accumulate enough fed ex cup points as the 125th finisher as non member

1. What steps do I need to take to obtain a PGA Tour Card

see above Monday qualify and win or do good on other tours and play well in WGCS and get sponsor exemptions to other events

1. What is Korn Ferry

developmental tour which I think is 2nd best tour behind pga sorry euro tour

1. How do I qualify for Korn Ferry

q school, Canadian tour, pga tour lationoamerica, or I believe they have an elite college qualifier program now

1. Are there other ways to get a PGA Tour Card other than Q-School

you can’t get to pga tour via q school anymore

1. Is Q-School mandatory thing to go through to even get a foot in the door

no you can Monday qualify

1. How do you become an amateur golfer status

dont make professionally playing or giving lessons

1. How do people pay for Q-School

Savings family members or work for it

Posted:
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer San Jose, CaClubWRX  3737WRX Points: 241Handicap: 4.1Posts: 3,737 ClubWRX

Interesting questions. Sounds like you are just picking up the game. Not sure if giving you the answers will get you there.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Callaway Epic SZ 14* Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Callaway Subzero 18 Accra M5
    Callaway 3 iron Epic pro C taper 110
    Callaway 4 iron Epic pro C taper 110
    Callaway Apex Mb 5-PW 2016 C taper 110
    Callaway MD4 52/58  C taper 110
    Odyssey O Works Black #1
    Taylormade Tour preffered X/Titliest Pro V1X

Advertisement
  • cugolf14cugolf14 Members  92WRX Points: 60Posts: 92 Fairways

Hahahaha!!! I mean that's what I'd do if I really wanted to be on tour. Way less stress too.

Posted:
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2433WRX Points: 957Posts: 2,433 Platinum Tees

Does placing high enough or winning on the Korn Ferry get you any kind of status on that tour? The Nashville Open has a Monday qualifier for it at the course I used to play in a league at.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4519WRX Points: 898Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,519 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • cadoipicadoipi Members  99WRX Points: 73Posts: 99 Fairways

Shoot even park at Jackson Park in Seattle, but you need to tee it up in the rough behind the blue tees are far as you can.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • adl300adl300 Members  80WRX Points: 22Handicap: 3Posts: 80 Fairways

monday qualifier. see if you can sneak into one of these big boy tournaments!

Posted:
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2167WRX Points: 1,619Posts: 2,167 Platinum Tees

I totally forgot that a top 10 in a PGA Tour event gets a non-exempt player into the next event without needing to Monday qualify. So you don't need to win after you Monday qualify--just make top 10's to keep it going to earn enough to get your card. Or you could win. That, of course, is the easiest way to earn a tour card.

Posted:
  • puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ FloridaMembers  5506WRX Points: 527Handicap: 6.3 HCIPosts: 5,506 Titanium Tees

Well , an old judge stated " that the world needs

ditch diggers too " ,

Posted:

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5926WRX Points: 3,383Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,926 Titanium Tees

Please go see the Off-Broadway show, "tour card blues."

Posted:
  • Ty_WebbTy_Webb New YorkMembers  3254WRX Points: 455Handicap: +0.9Posts: 3,254 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump
    Taylor Made UDI 2 iron Diamana Tensei white 90TX
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 and 56 WS
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Advertisement
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers  2022WRX Points: 475Handicap: 8Posts: 2,022 Platinum Tees

Top 25 finish will get you into the next event. Winning or a really high finish would get you enough points to get even better status but not sure on the exact details there.

Win 3 times and you get the in-season promotion up to the PGA Tour. With the pandemic putting new tour cards on hold, that's the only way to get there in 2020.

Posted:
  • Old Tom MorrisOld Tom Morris Members  371WRX Points: 331Handicap: 14Posts: 371 Greens

Years ago, if you made the 36 hole cut, you could play the next week.

Posted:

Driver: Titleist 915D2 9.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g Stiff

Fairway Woods: Titleist 906F2 15* Aldila NV 75g Stiff or Titleist Pro Trajectory 980F 17* Aldila NV 75g Stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 19* Aldila Voodoo hybrid Stiff or Titleist 909H 21* Aldila Voodoo hybrid Stiff or Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron TTDG AMT S300

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-AW TTDG AMT S300

Wedges: 54/10 and 58/10 TTDG S200

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 with Super Stroke

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist Pro V1

• Kyengtae3Kyengtae3 Members  8WRX Points: 7Posts: 8 Bunkers

What is Monday Qualify?

Posted:

Here’s a better question. So if you dont have a tour card, never had one, and dont have any fedex cup points how do you get to qualify for all these tours?

Posted:

We don't just give secrets like that away to anyone. Come back when you shooting sub 68 like clockwork on multiple courses rated 75+. Until then post your swing on YouTube so we can give you pointers.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers  1485WRX Points: 295Handicap: 12.3Posts: 1,485 Platinum Tees

As a follow up, how can OP win the Masters?

Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6514WRX Points: 1,750Handicap: 8Posts: 6,514 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 23 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 27 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

Lmaoo all these sour failed golfers whose dreams were crushed that they never made PGA. 😂😂😂 I dont have a dream of making PGA at all. I literally just picked up the game about 2 months ago and wanted to know more info and more about the game and how people actually get there. I guess everyone here is too salty about their own game to even help out new golfers expand their knowledge of the game rather then help and share the knowledge. Welp I got my answers from a friend so thanks guys! Good luck on your lives Sheldons~!

Posted:

You created an account on a web forum just to ask a question that can be easily answered with google....

If you don't understand why some people will give you obvious comedy answers, then I send you my thoughts and prayers.

Posted:
  • WhatWouldPhilDoWhatWouldPhilDo Members  65WRX Points: 20Posts: 65 Bunkers

Welcome to GolfWRX LOL these comments had me rolling!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DLiverDLiver Members  2838WRX Points: 304Handicap: 2.2Posts: 2,838 Titanium Tees

Anyone can declare themselves a professional golfer. If you want to get a job as a teaching or club pro, you generally need to earn credentials from an organization such as the PGA (not the PGA Tour). If you want to be a tournament pro, then you need to get status on one of the many professional tours throughout the world. The PGA Tour is the top pro tour, followed by the Euro Tour and the Korn Ferry Tour. If you have success on the Korn Ferry or Euro tours, it will give you some access to the PGA Tour. There are many, many lesser pro tours sprinkled throughout the world. Young players who have turned pro out of college generally turn to these if they can't work their way onto the Korn Ferry Tour or the Euro Tour. I have a friend who had some success on the MENA Tour, which got him some starts on the Euro Tour and a PGA Tour event.

Hope this helps.

Posted:

Ohhh I see, so its the small little Tours that eventually get you a chance to go on the PGA Tour. Also fo those small Tours, do you also need a Tour Card? Or are those small Tours more for Amateurs Trying to get there foot in the door?

Posted:
  • DLiverDLiver Members  2838WRX Points: 304Handicap: 2.2Posts: 2,838 Titanium Tees

The smallest tours I am aware of are regional tours that anyone can play. Just pay your entry fee and tee it up. As the stature of a tour increases, so do it's barriers to play.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21640WRX Points: 5,633Posts: 21,640 ClubWRX

I can’t believe anyone taking this entire thread seriously. Trolling efforts have really gotten weak around here.

Stick with the Under The Bridge Tour.

Posted:
This discussion has been closed.