#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• D0ch0l1d4yD0ch0l1d4y Members Posts: 1,045 ✭✭

this might be a dumb question but can they do the jailbreak technology on irons and hybrids also

Seems like the newest big bertha irons have that speed frame with 2 bars in the cavity, could be jailbreak inspired ?

The Jailbreak tech is meant to minimize distortion of the crown and frame...not really applicable in irons. Maybe on fairways/hybrids but the crown material on those aren't nearly as thinned out as a driver.
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,631 ✭✭
    I think the most anticipation I have is to see who the true wrx ho is that changes something up first.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members Posts: 3,014 ✭✭
    Tcann32 wrote:

I haven't been able to go back and read the 15-20 pages I've missed out on, but is there any word on pre-order dates yet? Need to get that done before the money burns a hole in my pocket and I end up with more irons and 5 new wedges.

Seen at least one poster say they've already placed a pre-order.
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • double or triple?double or triple? Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

Tcann32 wrote:

I haven't been able to go back and read the 15-20 pages I've missed out on, but is there any word on pre-order dates yet? Need to get that done before the money burns a hole in my pocket and I end up with more irons and 5 new wedges.

Seen at least one poster say they've already placed a pre-order.

I have. Some retailers already have the sku loaded in their systems.
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,668 ✭✭
    Are the fairways multi material as well?
  • HISPLHISPL Members Posts: 3,068
    cz13X4 wrote:

Are the fairways multi material as well?

Yes image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members Posts: 8,538 ✭✭
    swizbeatz wrote:

I think the most anticipation I have is to see who the true wrx ho is that changes something up first.

I'm going to order a SZ right off the bat because I want to dominate my winter simulator league.
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,479 ✭✭

swizbeatz wrote:

I'm going to order a SZ right off the bat because I want to dominate my winter simulator league.

I can tell you from experience the simulator reads those extra yards buddy! LOL.

Let's just say i had a score to settle with Torrey Pines, too
    Cobra F8+ 9.5 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members Posts: 8,538 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

I can tell you from experience the simulator reads those extra yards buddy! LOL.

Let's just say i had a score to settle with Torrey Pines, too

That's what I want to hear!!
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX Posts: 956 ClubWRX
    Got another range session in yesterday. I'm starting to really like the new SZ 3 wood. It seems every bit as long as my M2 3 wood. But its a little easier to hit a draw with.
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,056 ClubWRX
    Brizam wrote:

Got another range session in yesterday. I'm starting to really like the new SZ 3 wood. It seems every bit as long as my M2 3 wood. But its a little easier to hit a draw with.

I was able to sneak out to the range for about an hour yesterday. It was my first time swinging the new clubs since Torrey, so I was a little rusty. I too hit the 3W and was really impressed. Is it just my head, or does your 3W have a weird seam where the face meets the crown? It doesn't affect performance, but I can feel it with my finger and was surprised.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
    Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX Posts: 956 ClubWRX
    QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

I was able to sneak out to the range for about an hour yesterday. It was my first time swinging the new clubs since Torrey, so I was a little rusty. I too hit the 3W and was really impressed. Is it just my head, or does your 3W have a weird seam where the face meets the crown? It doesn't affect performance, but I can feel it with my finger and was surprised.

I haven't noticed it. Ill check it out today
  • pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭
    QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

Talk about a weird seam where the face... not only where the face meets the crown, but everything....

Cobra-King-Ltd-Fairway-Wood-7.jpg
    917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
    917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
    816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
    716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
    716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,208 ✭✭
    Has there been any list what the standard shaft(s) will be and the shafts that will be available (including upcharge amount) for the "driver not to be named"?
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,278 mod
    Brizam wrote:

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

**** Texas residents and their "winter" range sessions.
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
    Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,668 ✭✭
    I can't wait for more fwy pics. Anyone compare to an 816?
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,424 ✭✭
    HipCheck wrote:

Brizam wrote:

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

**** Texas residents and their "winter" range sessions.

Feel your pain, Brother!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members Posts: 1,600 ✭✭
    It was 80 today in ft Worth.
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,596 ✭✭
    cz13X4 wrote:

I can't wait for more fwy pics. Anyone compare to an 816?

I prefer the 816 shape but I like the performance of the new fairway. It's not as rounded as the 816.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,880 ClubWRX

Stop it.........just stop it.

image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />
    TaylorMade M1 9.5* Tour Issue - Black AD DI 6X
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tour Issue - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
    TaylorMade M1 19* Tour Issue - Fuji Motore Tour Spec HB 9.8
    PING iBlades 4-PW - Project X 6.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 60 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Tracy 2 Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members Posts: 1,600 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Winter warmth in dfw always has an asterisk. High humidity and howling southern winds.
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members Posts: 15,316 ✭✭
    Coming from a fellow Texan that doesn't live in TX right now...

Cry me a river... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Callaway Rogue SZ *9.0 w/ UST Mamyia Proforce V2 6F4 (US Open Edition)

Callaway Rogue SZ *13.5 w/ Project X Even flow 75 S

Callaway SZ Rogue SZ *18 w/ Project X Even flow 75 S

Callaway 18' Xforged 4-P w/ KBS $taper 120 S

Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200

Odyssey #6 Long Neck White Hot

#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,208 ✭✭

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Winter warmth in dfw always has an asterisk. High humidity and howling southern winds.

If any of you lucky 8 that live in a snow and cold area would like to send your 2017 driver down to me, I promise to let it get out in warmer weather and send it back up to you when your weather improves.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,880 ClubWRX
    TM_HOYER wrote:

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

If any of you lucky 8 that live in a snow and cold area would like to send your 2017 driver down to me, I promise to let it get out in warmer weather and send it back up to you when your weather improves.

That's mighty nice of you!

I live in Richmond, VA and the weather here is hit-or-miss. One day its 50 and the next its 30. I am fortunate that I ca play through most of the winter.
    TaylorMade M1 9.5* Tour Issue - Black AD DI 6X
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tour Issue - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
    TaylorMade M1 19* Tour Issue - Fuji Motore Tour Spec HB 9.8
    PING iBlades 4-PW - Project X 6.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 60 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Tracy 2 Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

Talk about a weird seam where the face... not only where the face meets the crown, but everything....

I checked mine (low-spin version) yesterday at the range. It doesn't look like that; it doesn't have that gap from face to body all around. The face meets the crown, but it is like the crown is a tiny bit over the face. Hard to explain; I wish I could show pictures.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • D0ch0l1d4yD0ch0l1d4y Members Posts: 1,045 ✭✭
    edited Dec 29, 2016 #1677
    QMany wrote:

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

I checked mine (low-spin version) yesterday at the range. It doesn't look like that; it doesn't have that gap from face to body all around. The face meets the crown, but it is like the crown is a tiny bit over the face. Hard to explain; I wish I could show pictures.

That looks a lot like the Cobra F6 speed channel:

• 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,858 ✭✭
    QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

Is it anything like the Razr FIT crown? I had to return one before because it was noticeable and was told it's just where the body met the cup face. You could barely see the seam in the sun but definitely felt it running your finger across it. Same thing as the FT drivers back in the day.
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

TM_HOYER wrote:

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

That's mighty nice of you!

I live in Richmond, VA and the weather here is hit-or-miss. One day its 50 and the next its 30. I am fortunate that I ca play through most of the winter.

That is kind of him HotRod. :-)

Here in the Boston area it's not Ft Worth like. A few winters ago we received 9 feet of snow...I felt like I was living in northern Canada with a very short golf season. The next year, not as much snow, but COLD. Same thing last year.

I can't complain though, I'm the idiot that chose to live here...well sorta...
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
    cb5fad6b5b9513f56d9c42d253fb675f.jpg
    Currently in #TheWRX...