Bridgestone Golf Tour B 2020 Lineup

Comments

• OldboyOldboy Members  2513WRX Points: 248Posts: 2,513 Titanium Tees

no noticeable advantage to either for me.. just better feel around the greens and off the putter

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  354WRX Points: 218Handicap: 3.4Posts: 354 Greens

2020 (but i would be the worst person to really say for now, as I also changed to the SIM driver, so my big distance gains on Sunday's round was probably a combo of new ball + new driver). I do have another dozen of the "old 2019" Tour BX, which I shall compare to the new one in the next few rounds.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

• kasting333kasting333 Members  78WRX Points: 84Posts: 78 Fairways

the dimples look way more subdued

Posted:
    913 D2 9.75 Kuro Kage 70 X
    Ping G 14.5 Tour X
    Mizuno MP-30 2 iron / Ping G25 20* Hybrid
    Mizuno MP-37 3-PW S300
    Ping Glide Stealth 52*/ Ping Glide 58*
    Odyssey TriHot #2
    Pro V1
  • bryanwmilburnbryanwmilburn Members  1493WRX Points: 61Posts: 1,493 Platinum Tees

Any difference in feel off the driver? Not that feel is a huge deal but the only complaint off the previous gen that I have is the dead feel off the driver and I wish it had a little more action around the greens. If they improve those - I’m all in.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 LST 9 w/ Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X @ 44"
    3 wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 3 wood 14.5 with Mitsubishi Tensei White Pro 75X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 19 degrees with Alidila RIP 85X
    Irons: Mizuno MP20 HMB 3, MMC 5-6, MB 7-PW w/ KBS C Taper 130X
    Wedges: Cobra King Black 50-56 w/ KBS C-Taper S, TaylorMade Hi-Toe 62
    Putter: TBD
    Ball: Snell MTBX
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members  2657WRX Points: 276Handicap: +.7Posts: 2,657 Titanium Tees

Honestly those are the exact two things they improved on. In my opinion feel is better or a tad softer and it definitely spins more around greens. Specifically inside 60 yds. So many time with last years BX I’d try to play little skinny nippers from 25-30 yds and it would just clank off of the face and roll out 15-20 ft. The new ball doesn’t do that.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade M6 Tensei Pro Orange V3 70TX
    Cally X Forged UT 21 AD DI 95x
    Cally Apex Pro Dot 4-PW DG TI X100
    Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 Modus 125 Wedge
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    Snell MTB X
    Ping Hoofer Multicam
  • bryanwmilburnbryanwmilburn Members  1493WRX Points: 61Posts: 1,493 Platinum Tees

That’s great news. I’m with you on those “nipper” shots. I like playing those and struggled with the BX. Switched to Snell MTB Black and those seem to react well for me. I’ll definitely give these a shot though! Thank you!

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 LST 9 w/ Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X @ 44"
    3 wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 3 wood 14.5 with Mitsubishi Tensei White Pro 75X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 19 degrees with Alidila RIP 85X
    Irons: Mizuno MP20 HMB 3, MMC 5-6, MB 7-PW w/ KBS C Taper 130X
    Wedges: Cobra King Black 50-56 w/ KBS C-Taper S, TaylorMade Hi-Toe 62
    Putter: TBD
    Ball: Snell MTBX

Advertisement
  • jesusdelallatajesusdelallata Members  196WRX Points: 58Handicap: 10.3Posts: 196 Fairways

I played the B-RXS this Saturday and loved it. Great all around, and plenty of control/spin around the greens. The past 5 rounds I had been playing a Pro V1, but I love the new B-RXS and will continue to play it this year. Several years back I was fitted for this ball, but never really got into it. This time I plan on sticking with it. I think that for me the combination of distance, spin, feel and trajectory is in tune with what I want in a ball. I've tried a lot of other balls, which I really like but for some reason there is always a trade-off.

Posted:
    Driver - Callaway Rogue
    3w - Callaway Rogue
    5w - Callaway Rogue
    Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
    Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 54 and 60 degrees
  • Sons_of_PitchesSons_of_Pitches Members  150WRX Points: 64Posts: 150 Fairways

For those that play the yellow version of this ball anyone have trouble finding them? My local Dick's/GG doesn't seem to have them and I ordered 4 dozen from golfballs.com but they say they are out of stock at the moment. Anyone else seeing the same?

Posted:

Sons_of_Pitches,

• Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* /w Fujikura Ventus Black 6-S
    • Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* /w Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-S
    • Titleist 818 H1 23* /w Aldia RIP Phenom Hybrid 80g S
    • Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4-PW /w Project X LZ 6.0
    • Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges 50.10F/54.8M/58.8M
    • Putter: Scotty Cameron 2018 Fastback / Tommy Armour Impact No. 3
    • Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

• deep18deep18 Members  2170WRX Points: 322Posts: 2,170 Platinum Tees

Yeah they do. The main dimples and the “mini dimples” both do. There was something about them tweaking the dimples in the article about Tiger helping develop them I believe. Looking forward to giving the X and XS a run.

Posted:
  • rwhitlockrwhitlock Members  40WRX Points: 42Handicap: 5Posts: 40 Bunkers

Here in Utah it's still cold, so take this with that in mind. I've been playing the new Tour B X and have really liked it. Even in the cold weather it travels within 10 yards of my 'warm weather' drives. It really does spin well off the wedges around the greens too. It does feel firm off the driver and irons, but then again, it's between 40 and 45 degrees outside :(

So far, I'm happy I picked up two dozen of these new balls! :-)

Posted:
  • MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, CaliforniaMembers  548WRX Points: 120Handicap: 7.3Posts: 548 Golden Tee

Would game 100%. Tour B XS performed as the box details. I probably said, " I've never been this far down the fairway" about 8 times. Noticeably longer than RTP. Wedge and Iron spun like RTP but with a nicer feel.

Now I have to try the RX since i'm under the suggested 105mph. I worry the RXS will spin too much.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers  662WRX Points: 366Handicap: 14.5Posts: 662 Golden Tee

The R balls will spin less than the non R balls.

Posted:
    Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Ping G410 4H
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  354WRX Points: 218Handicap: 3.4Posts: 354 Greens

you understand the swing speed thing is a myth, right? it was proven on "you know who's" ball test, that ANY and EVERY swing speed benefits from a firmer ball and everyone will hit it longer with a firmer ball, period. That makes the choices reduced down to 2 in the BX line, either BX or BXS, depending if you want more distance or more spin. the 2 other balls will be shorter by design, no matter the swing speed.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

• seeshawnseeshawn Members  44WRX Points: 21Handicap: 10Posts: 44 Bunkers

I played the new BXS yesterday and after coming from the TP5X, I really liked it. The biggest thing was the 60 yard and in chip shots, they stopped much better for me. I also liked the feel off the putter better. This will be my ball of choice for a while.

Posted:
  • SpringveldtSpringveldt Members  2WRX Points: 19Posts: 2 Starters

Off the driver yes, but off iron no. The B RX goes significantly further off of irons for me compared to the B X. My SS is around 104mph with driver and 89mph with a 7 iron and the RX is at least 5 yards longer on irons. This is the 2019 ball I'm comparing though.

Posted:
  • Twin2LTwin2L Members  356WRX Points: 244Handicap: 12Posts: 356 Greens

My experience mirrors yours Springvelt. It’s a coin toss for distance with driver, but with irons at least a half club longer and more consistent distances.

Posted:
    It matters not what others call you. What you choose to answer to identifies who you are.

Wishon 919THI  11* S2S Black 65 S
    Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
    Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
    Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2  54* & 60*
    Wishon S2R #1 milled face putter

Advertisement
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members  619WRX Points: 277Handicap: +2.9Posts: 619 Golden Tee

So last night I compared the BX to the '19 TP5x, which I play. On my GC2, spin off the 7 iron was about 500 rpm's higher with the BX. But I was also getting 1-2 mph better ball speed, so distance ended up being the same. The BX ball was launching about .5* lower, so nothing there. My driver swing is garbage at the moment, but I was also getting 1-2 mph faster ball speed off the driver as well. (my swing speed averages around 103 mph with driver). Spin with both averaged 2200 rpm. Launch was again .5* lower with the BX on average. This ball feels so good off the driver. If it will ever dry up down here, I'm going to get the ball on the course. Need to see how I like it with chips and pitches. But I'm already about convinced this will be replacing TP5x for me in 2020.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* - Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6s
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 15* - Tour AD TP 7s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Bettinardi Three Step Jam 

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers  662WRX Points: 366Handicap: 14.5Posts: 662 Golden Tee

This has nothing to do with swing speed and everything to do with spin. There are very few people who will over compress a ball off irons. The softer ball will spin less with the same ball speed, and hence go further. If you are willing to trade spin for distance off you irons, you can go the RX or RXS. But most of us aren't trying to reduce spin with the irons.

Posted:
    Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Ping G410 4H
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3258WRX Points: 590Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,258 Titanium Tees

In my opinion most people don’t consider what impacts playing a ball with reduced spin will have on their iron and wedge game. All they care about is the extra yards they gained until they get the dreaded “flyer”. And I suppose there’s an argument to make about playing less club into a green but I find getting the right combo of launch/peak height, spin, descent angle critical to my game. There’s only one TW, I look at Tiger wanting a spiny ball and Mark Crossfield’s comment about the golf course taking spin away from players as reasons why I happily give up a few yards carry for a ball that spins more from. I went to a spinier ball last year and my scores improved despite giving up some yardage for consistency. For us internet golf info lovers, the couple extensive ball tests have opened our eyes but the vast majority of golfers don’t know and don’t care about the benefits they are missing out on. And maybe the new Tour level balls entering the market make it easier to not care because manufacturers have found ways to lower spin where it’s useful to lower it yet keeps high spin at the scoring end of the bag.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

•  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7372WRX Points: 422Handicap: 5Posts: 7,372 Titanium Tees

Mostly correct except the new RX balls spin around the green properly......I've played all of the other balls listed .....

Not even close in spin with the new reactiv cover!

Posted:
  • Twin2LTwin2L Members  356WRX Points: 244Handicap: 12Posts: 356 Greens

I guess being an old guy who came up playing wound balls before the balata, I have always had a preference for a softer ball. I remember hating the old “rock flights” of the 70’s and how big a deal it was when Titleist came out with the 80 then 90 compression ball. A few years later when they had the 100, I figured someone must like expensive rock flights with thin skin.

After returning to the game after a 20 year lay off I returned to a game played with a metal watermelon on a stick instead of wood, irons as big as shovels and offset that crossed my eyes. I have noticed though, that one thing never changed. It’s that good ol’ cave man mentality...

“hard ball go far”.

I hit a driver maybe 10-12 times per round. I want a ball that’s compatible with the majority of the game.

I figure they make different balls because each of us will benefit from and/or prefer different characteristics. With my forged traditional loft irons, the last thing I need or want is more spin. Some people need more, I’m not that guy.

For a few seasons I played the hard balls because I was “supposed to”. The B330 was my favorite of the rock variety, then the V1x, then the Z-StarXV.

FInally, I tried the TM Red. It was soft, it flew far and it reminded me of how a golf ball felt when I learned the game.

Since a significant neck injury, I prefer the BRX. I’ve hit it side by side with all the usual higher compression suspects and don’t give up anything off a driver Andy love the feel,my, trajectory and distance off my forged traditional loft irons.

I also don’t go home in pain and I typically don’t end up with a cervical headache because I didn’t pound a rock for 4 hours.

I play a softer ball because it’s best for me and my game.

For you guys that need an extra yard or two off the driver and believe you get increased spin into a green, go pound those rocks and enjoy the game that’s best for you.

Posted:
    It matters not what others call you. What you choose to answer to identifies who you are.

Wishon 919THI  11* S2S Black 65 S
    Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
    Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
    Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2  54* & 60*
    Wishon S2R #1 milled face putter

Advertisement
  • AmazinBlueAmazinBlue Members  1184WRX Points: 171Handicap: 11Posts: 1,184 Platinum Tees

I'm planning in playing the new RXS, not because I may get a few more yards off the irons. I prefer a softer feeling ball, especially off the putter and irons. And I want t ok play a yellow/ green ball. I have been a Bridgestone fan for years. At one point I stopped playing the B330 X becausenit became to firm and clicky. I have never liked the Titleist Pro V, or the Callaway Chromesoft.

Last ye aw r I played the Maxfli Tour, but I think it's kinda firm and clicky too.

Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR 460 Tour Issue Pro Launch Blue 44.25"
    Cobra F9 14.5  Tensei Blue AV S 42.75"
    Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
    Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22*
    TM Burner TP (Japan) irons 5-P Nippon 1150 GH Tour X
    Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM7 58*/14* D Grind Tour Chrome
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie 33.5" 
    Bridgestone 2020 RXS Yellow
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7372WRX Points: 422Handicap: 5Posts: 7,372 Titanium Tees

The RXS is really soft and to me the RX is perfectly soft if that makes sense

Posted:
  • monks66monks66 Members  918WRX Points: 121Posts: 918 Golden Tee

I received my two ball trial of the new 2020 BRX, so I compared it to the 2019....I putted in living room, 2020 BRX is definitely softer off putter.....so I went out back and chipped with both balls, and i didnt see much difference between the two. both stopped the same on wedge shots....so dont think i will swiutch to new BRX, I have a small stock of prior gens to use up....again feel is subjective

Posted:
  • monks66monks66 Members  918WRX Points: 121Posts: 918 Golden Tee

anxious to hear more reviews on the 2020 BRX.....mostly thoughts on whether it holds greens better, eventhough I didnt see much difference., i wasnt on a golf course,

Posted:

I didn't try the previous gen BRX but I've used the BXS ....the 2020 BRX stops as good if not better than BXS but feels better.....subjective I know.....but this was side by side.....did not try off driver side by side

Posted:

Advertisement
  • hatethefadehatethefade Members  15WRX Points: 16Posts: 15 Bunkers

Just bought a box of B-RXS, but won't use them for at least a month. Anything that's hit these days just sticks in the mud around here so I'm running through some old balls.

Posted:
    Post edited by hatethefade on
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members  4777WRX Points: 531Posts: 4,777 Titanium Tees

why do so many amateurs 10+ HDCP worry so much about the ball they play? it doesnt really matter when you are talking Prov1 vs TP5 vs CHromesoft vs Srixon......every single ball plays the same for high hdcp players.

Posted:

Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.