2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

The best trip thread ever was when that ozupower dude shat his pants because callaway signed stenson and it was he biggest deal in the history of the world.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to everyone for the continued participation in this thread. I'm gaming 3 Callaway clubs I probably would never had considered if not for this thread.

What happened to the TM trip thread?

It's been retired to the "past trips" forum. It served its purpose and was moved before things could potentially get negative.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

The best trip thread ever was when that ozupower dude shat his pants because callaway signed stenson and it was he biggest deal in the history of the world.

"Lydia's signing was just the appetizer, Callaway is going to drop the Xbomb on us soon, wait for it"

For people who don't recognize that .....You had to be there.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

"Lydia's signing was just the appetizer, Callaway is going to drop the Xbomb on us soon, wait for it"

For people who don't recognize that .....You had to be there.

Lol yesssss

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I can't believe it's been over 6 months since we were there. It really was a trip of a lifetime. I know it's not a contest to see who had a better trip but one of the great things about our trip were the other winners I got to go with and couldn't imagine a better trip. I really felt like we had a great group of guys representing WRX.

I think we need a reunion.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I can't believe it's been over 6 months since we were there. It really was a trip of a lifetime. I know it's not a contest to see who had a better trip but one of the great things about our trip were the other winners I got to go with and couldn't imagine a better trip. I really felt like we had a great group of guys representing WRX.

Our group was really a good match of people. We were all boring LOL. We'd be on the bus home and it would be like "Allllllright, who wants to go to a bar or strip club....am i right guys????" Followed by "ummmm.....yeah, TOTALLY"

.......followed by "you know, i'm totally fine just calling my wife and than having a drink at the hotel"

........followed by "you know, me too....let's do that instead, i mean its getting late"

.......followed by Johnny being like "you guys are the worst"

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I too am surprised at how much time has passed. I still like the clubs very much and have no thought or interest in replacing them. Yes, you were all a great bunch of guys to share this trip with. What made it even more special was how eclectic the group was: young, old, and in between, as well as representing players of varying abilities. Anyone who was interested in following the trip would find a participant they could relate to in one way or another. I am just sorry I wasn't able to try an In-N-Out hamburger. :-)

i'm definitely up for a reunion though, i can probably schedule some travel into whatever region we choose (well, except Nebraska, sorry Matt....) and then stay extra days.

We were all mostly central and east coast, we could probably find a spot that isn't more than a couple hour flight for all of us

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

i'm definitely up for a reunion though, i can probably schedule some travel into whatever region we choose (well, except Nebraska, sorry Matt....) and then stay extra days.

We were all mostly central and east coast, we could probably find a spot that isn't more than a couple hour flight for all of us

that sounds like a blast. I may know of a golf course that would comp us ;)

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Went into the kingdom and came out with 6 Callaway clubs.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Our group was really a good match of people. We were all boring LOL. We'd be on the bus home and it would be like "Allllllright, who wants to go to a bar or strip club....am i right guys????" Followed by "ummmm.....yeah, TOTALLY"

.......followed by "you know, i'm totally fine just calling my wife and than having a drink at the hotel"

........followed by "you know, me too....let's do that instead, i mean its getting late"

Dont forget unloading the bus on a side street because some one had a weak bladder.......

Dont forget unloading the bus on a side street because some one had a weak bladder.......

LOL, I could've made it! But precautions had to be taken!

I retrospect if I had known there would be that much traffic I would have had less beer

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Care to share if they're the same clubs or the same placement in your bag and...how you're playing since the trip?

Yeah, George. Please share!!!

Ha Ha. Not poking fun at you, DP. It is a little inside joke for those of us that went on the Kingdom trip! The Kingdom was the TaylorMade, trip, BTW.

You're missing out, Sand Hills is incredible!

I have been looking for an excuse to get to Sand Valley in middle Wisconsin.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

You're missing out, Sand Hills is incredible!

I have been looking for an excuse to get to Sand Valley in middle Wisconsin.

Id love to play sand hills! But isn't even that in the middle of nowhere even for Nebraska?

We don't have a site nearby so probably couldn't combine it with a business thing is what I meant which would help justify it with the wife and maybe save on flights. But I'd still make it happen wherever we chose regardless

The trip, plus Paul's talk of comped courses, I'm spoiled now... I refuse to pay for things. Everything needs to be on the hizzouse! (picture me saying that like a rapper)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Care to share if they're the same clubs or the same placement in your bag and...how you're playing since the trip?

Ha Ha. Not poking fun at you, DP. It is a little inside joke for those of us that went on the Kingdom trip! The Kingdom was the TaylorMade, trip, BTW.

I deserve to be made fun of Sir! Totally misread that!

I wouldn't want to bore you guys or derail this great thread! Any questions what is or isn't in my bag can be discussed in my WITB.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I wouldn't want to bore you guys or derail this great thread! Any questions what is or isn't in my bag can be discussed in my WITB.

Stalking to this thread..

Per my post earlier:

In one of these epic threads... someone talk about hitting per say club at a demo/fitting

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

nah, I'm good. I just need to play more. I think you told me earlier this year that I am not getting any younger so the more flexible Recoils might be best in the long run. I've hit some great shots with them. Just a few have gotten squirrely. I'll watch CPO and if a set of Steeheads with Steelfibers shows up, I'll trade out my XRs for them.

I am usually good for at least 3 seasons with irons, driver, and fairways, 1 season with wedges, weekly with putters. I have my eye on the O-Works fang CH right now. It was practically a tie with the #1 and the Fang during my fitting. A different look, but still has the toe-hang I need.

I remember saying that. However, I went back to steel because of the inconsistency.

However, some of the dudes we both know, rock steelfibers and are pretty accurate..it's a thought.

I told you never get rid of the putter.. just burning putts on punch greens #money.

We don't know each other, but I'm loving everything about the steelfiber!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

nah, I'm good. I just need to play more. I think you told me earlier this year that I am not getting any younger so the more flexible Recoils might be best in the long run. I've hit some great shots with them. Just a few have gotten squirrely. I'll watch CPO and if a set of Steeheads with Steelfibers shows up, I'll trade out my XRs for them.

I am usually good for at least 3 seasons with irons, driver, and fairways, 1 season with wedges, weekly with putters. I have my eye on the O-Works fang CH right now. It was practically a tie with the #1 and the Fang during my fitting. A different look, but still has the toe-hang I need.

I remember saying that. However, I went back to steel because of the inconsistency.

However, some of the dudes we both know, rock steelfibers and are pretty accurate..it's a thought.

I told you never get rid of the putter.. just burning putts on punch greens #money.

Steel fibers are on my list. I currently am experimenting with some Recoil 110 F5's. I'm hoping the results are similar to my Tour v's but with a little relief for my back as I tend to get sore after rounds. I've tried the Recoil in a couple driving irons before and absolutely loved them as I felt like I could just mash the ball with it without loosin any real control of the ball.

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

I too am surprised at how much time has passed. I still like the clubs very much and have no thought or interest in replacing them. Yes, you were all a great bunch of guys to share this trip with. What made it even more special was how eclectic the group was: young, old, and in between, as well as representing players of varying abilities. Anyone who was interested in following the trip would find a participant they could relate to in one way or another. I am just sorry I wasn't able to try an In-N-Out hamburger. :-)

Yea, I didn't get to try one either. I was snoozing at the firepit.

I went only one night to In and Out, LOL.....the other night you guys went i think i was assigned to make sure no strangers molested Greg while he slept next to the fire.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'll have to try to find a set of Steelfibers to try. Just for giggles

I went only one night to In and Out, LOL.....the other night you guys went i think i was assigned to make sure no strangers molested Greg while he slept next to the fire.

Thank you. You're a helluva baby sitter

Greg was a good sport about it. :drinks:

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I think I was the youngest guy on the trip and I never made it out late enough to get to In and Out. My sleep schedule was all screwed up on the west coast. I was getting up at like 4:45 am.

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003