2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2017 VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS SHOOTOUT PRESENTED BY JTBC

My first post: Great win for Haru out there. She first came to my notice winning the 2016 Australian Open where i thought her swing was the best in the field at that time. She putted terribly until R4 where she landed a few bombs, even though they were dodgy and a bit lucky. But that gave her the confidence to win. Today she absorbed the mind games and turned them back on Cristie. During one episode of Kerr antics I saw her smugly grinning - a look that said she had all the time in the world to win. Kerr could do what she wanted.

I've really only been following LPGA closely since January 2016 and I am a bit taken aback by the anti-Kerr sentiment. But seeing that play-off today - well I am beginning to understand it!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerr is unbearably slow. No doubt about it.

But Nomura was plenty slow also.

When Kerr was getting ready to play her third shot on 18 in regulation almost looked like she was trying to delay it until she could see what Nomura finished with on 17. She walked up to the green and back to her ball several times.

I ended up giving up on watching. They were both too slow for my attention span.

Maybe 10,000 of us here on WRX should email the LPGA every week asking to do something re the pace of play, they'll soon get sick of reading all the emails. There officials obviously have the balls to do what they did to Lexi why are they not pushing Kerr and others to hurry up, it's not only hurting there product on TV and for the paying spectators at the course but teaching the youngsters and those starting the game that it's ok to take 3 minutes to pick a club, stuff around, wait for the wind to die down, have a drink. discuss yardage and then hit.....

I was certainly pulling for Kerr but got very agitated by her pace of play. As Judy Rankin noted, I think it hurt Kerr in the long run.

Yes but it will hurt the unfortunates playing with her more.

Slow play is a race to the bottom. it's always less stressful being the slowest player in the group because the others just have to put up with it. If you get used to being the slowest player on the entire Tour then everyone else has to accommodate their game to yours.

Another thing I don't like about Kerr is that she doesn't even wait for a player to putt out. Once she's holed out, she walks immediately to the next tee box.

I too don't like when the players I like play with Kerr. Ariya was paired with her for two days. Can't tell if it shook Inbee though as she's so stoic.

One more thing that irks me too is that the post round interview they love to bring up Kerr's wine.

Kerr is a bulldog out there, she is all business, much like Tiger was during his years of dominance. Kerr plays like she's the only one there and doesn't allow her playing partners to impact anything she does.

I am not a big fan of Kerr's but I do appreciate how she approaches competition versus some of the other girls on Tour who act like they are just playing a casual round with friends.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I'm curious if Cristie would have as much success as she's had if there was a 40 second shot clock. I highly doubt it. I don't care if they were playing in a hurricane, a twosome should not take 5+ hours to complete a round. That's a complete joke.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I was certainly pulling for Kerr but got very agitated by her pace of play. As Judy Rankin noted, I think it hurt Kerr in the long run.

Yes but it will hurt the unfortunates playing with her more.

Slow play is a race to the bottom. it's always less stressful being the slowest player in the group because the others just have to put up with it. If you get used to being the slowest player on the entire Tour then everyone else has to accommodate their game to yours.

Pace on the LPGA is generally much better than the PGA. The course set up yesterday, including the lack of some drop zones led to some funky situations that slowed things down. IBP hit the ball over the green on the peninsula hoel and went to the other side some 80 yards away.

Regarding Kerr and trying to game through slow play, absolutely.

Kerr is slow, but not the slowest.

When she's in contention she's even slower.

When the conditions are bad she's even slower.

There aren't many people who wouldn't play slower in that type of wind.

I beg to differ...who is slower? and I strongly believe she is not only slow, but often times intentionally plays cheap, bush league, classless little games. Like leaving her manhole cover sized marker obviously in her competitors line and abruptly walking away...and then giving a slight stink eye when asked to move it 2x putter heads.

Not sure I have disliked a tour golfer male or female more.....

Cristie Kerr is probably my least favorite person in golf but I watched the whole playoff. Not a Nomura fan either but I wanted to see if she could beat Kerr. So in that sense Kerr is one of the more compelling players to watch. She is a true heel though, one of only a few in golf--those whom people will root against. Not sure how much the game really needs that. Oh well, the game gets what it gets. Still think it's a little sad that she is basically the standard bearer for American women's golf lately.

Cristie Kerr is probably my least favorite person in golf but I watched the whole playoff. Not a Nomura fan either but I wanted to see if she could beat Kerr. So in that sense Kerr is one of the more compelling players to watch. She is a true heel though, one of only a few in golf--those whom people will root against. Not sure how much the game really needs that. Oh well, the game gets what it gets. Still think it's a little sad that she is basically the standard bearer for American women's golf lately.

Again, if she wasn't allowed the leeway of taking 2 to 3 minutes on a shot, would she still be the American standard bearer? I'm voting 'No'.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I strongly believe she is not only slow, but often times intentionally plays cheap, bush league, classless little games. Like leaving her manhole cover sized marker obviously in her competitors line and abruptly walking away...and then giving a slight stink eye when asked to move it 2x putter heads.

Not sure I have disliked a tour golfer male or female more.....

Good thing is that Kerr has only had 5 wins on the LPGA tour since 2010. The rest of the time she gets beat however loudly she screams at her ball.

Given her age she should fade out progressively and take her place in golf oblivion. I just hope the oblivion doesn't extend to becoming a commentator.....

Never ceases to amaze me the post round interview questions of ladies who don't speak English all that well. Stop asking them questions they obviously won't understand or know how to put a decent response together in English.

Is it really that hard to figure out?

I agree. The interviewers need to be more considerate of girls who are just learning English. Speak slowly and concisely - it's not that difficult. Drives me crazy. What also drove me crazy was Golf Channel's blatant dismissal of the LPGA by showing meaningless Zurich coverage curing Haru and Cristie's playoff.

Yep. I usually don't even watch the post round interviews no matter who won (because I hate them), but I just happened to still have the Golf Channel on and saw it. I've obviously seen it before, but again, it never ceases to half amaze me in how they interview the Asian ladies. It's teeth grinding stuff to me.

And I agree w/ your feelings about what the golf channel did in covering both events but you knew it was going to happen. It's not really fair, but as I said as it was going on yesterday, the Golf Channel's hands were kind of tied. They basically HAD to show both and pay as much attention to both as they could. It wasn't ideal by any means.

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

Another thing I don't like about Kerr is that she doesn't even wait for a player to putt out. Once she's holed out, she walks immediately to the next tee box.

I have no problem with that. If she knows her group is falling behind because of her and she has the honor, why not?

She goes to the next tee box and doesn't wait for other players to finish putting out for the same reason she deliberately slows plays other players.

Watched the replay on GC that they broadcasted in the middle of the night. It was 2 hours long. Not knowing the finish, I was wondering why the replay started in the middle of the 1st playoff hole. Now I know why. That 6-hole playoff was intense. Glad it came down to a birdie winning it vs a bogey losing it.

I was rooting for Nomura because Christie's deliberate slow play / gamesmanship was ridiculous.

Now if the playoff was 18, then 17... it probably wouldn't have gone past the 2nd extra hole!

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

I have no problem with that. If she knows her group is falling behind because of her and she has the honor, why not?

USGA:

On the Putting Green

On the putting green, players should not stand on another player's line of putt or, when he is making a stroke, cast a shadow over his line of putt.

Players should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in the group have holed out.

I like Kerr. Always have. Did not see the tourney yesterday.

So why comment?

I'm not allowed to say I'm a fan of hers ?

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

USGA:

On the Putting Green

On the putting green, players should not stand on another player's line of putt or, when he is making a stroke, cast a shadow over his line of putt.

Players should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in the group have holed out.

Bottom line, it simply poor etiquette to go to the next tee box while other players are still putting.

USGA:

On the Putting Green

Bottom line, it simply poor etiquette to go to the next tee box while other players are still putting.

How about if you need to pee?

Maybe 10,000 of us here on WRX should email the LPGA every week asking to do something re the pace of play, they'll soon get sick of reading all the emails. There officials obviously have the balls to do what they did to Lexi why are they not pushing Kerr and others to hurry up, it's not only hurting there product on TV and for the paying spectators at the course but teaching the youngsters and those starting the game that it's ok to take 3 minutes to pick a club, stuff around, wait for the wind to die down, have a drink. discuss yardage and then hit.....

Good point, if Lexi had been a lot quicker with her mismark she may have gotten away with it! Couldn't resist that.

LPGA does a way better job than most with pace of play (at least it seems so to me). Wind was an issue yesterday and nobody was getting on a clock in a two person playoff (my opinion).

USGA:

On the Putting Green

How about if you need to pee?

Then it would be even more rude to go to the next tee box. Especially if used as a pee box.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I too don't like when the players I like play with Kerr. Ariya was paired with her for two days. Can't tell if it shook Inbee though as she's so stoic.

One more thing that irks me too is that the post round interview they love to bring up Kerr's wine.

And another thing . . . ;-)