2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Why can't these drug companies create a sleeping aid drug that doesn't make em do crazy stuff?

I've seen heroin users have more coherence than Tiger was looking like.

Either that or just plain outlaw this crap!

Oh and while they're at it, can they please outlaw these goddamn drug adverts on TV?

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to find that DJ magic with mine. Loved the look though. However, I recently fell in love with a Toulon Memphis. The face milling is great as is the feel. Could be worth checking out.

J13, new Bloodline putter right up your alley...

He was clearly snowed from the mix of medication which doesn't look intentional. I work in the medical world and ask any Doctor about pain and sleep meds. Patients can literally sleep drive, sleep cook, sleep walk ,ect and have no idea that they are doing it. This look like what's going on and to be honest when they did the breathalyzer and saw 0.000 they should have taken him to seek medical attention not jail. At that point it was clear he was on some drug/s and he could have went into cardiac arrest or a number of other issues. I honestly would be surprised if this thing took a twist on the Jupiter PD especially with them releasing this video (and they didn't have to). Ask any doctor what police should have done in that situation and everyone of them would say seek medical attention before central booking.

I am dumbfounded that someone could apologize so profusely for Tiger and blame the police instead.

Kool aid is a helleva drug...

Who apologized for him? It was horrible that he was behind the wheel but he clearly has zero control of his mental and physical faculties. Again being in the medical world you can't immediately blame someone who had zero control of what was going on unless it was his intention to get all whacked out which I find it hard to believe it was. The guy thinks he's in CA for gods sake. And I'm not attacking the PD although them selling or releasing the video is shameful. Go ask a doctor what they should have done. I wanted to point the fact out that this could take a twist if the tiger camp wants it to.

Good use of the KoolAid guy, very original.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Really sad to see him like that. I feel bad for Tiger. I think a person should be allowed to have their dash cam video kept private. What is gained by that being released? Besides more clicks/sales for media outposts.

Haven't you noticed the Tiger defenders are no longer saying things like, "He blew .000, so there is nothing to see here." The dashcam footage has showed us just how impaired he was and how he should, not only not have been on the road, but could have killed himself or somebody else. It was important for the footage to come out. I think lots of people who responded in this thread over the past two days got an eye opener from that footage. At least I hope they did. Driving impaired, no matter the cause of the impairment, is incredibly dangerous to the driver and anybody else on the roadway.

You can't seriously think that he got into that car in that shape and drove ? He couldn't walk. It's obvious he got into the car and was able to drive and then had this reaction or near over dose or whatever it is we are seeing. Sure he's still ultimately responsible for his actions , but this isn't quite the same as a drunk leaving a bar drunk.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Its sad but as a society, we enjoy the rise of a superstar and the subsequent fall. Tiger is just one of many athletes and celebrities to go down this path. Like ive said many times, its a huge cry for help.

Lets hope he gets better and can contribute to the PGA once again, in some aspect.

He should reach out to the Golden Bear.

First, Tiger needs to hire Hulk Hogans lawyer and sue TMZ for running a completely fake story. Then he needs to sue for the way this situation was handled by the police. Despicable. He could have died at the expense of these cops inflating their egos.

LOL, this is just silly- there were two trained police officers that treated him with nothing but professionalism and respect. He was clearly impaired, but functional. Do you honestly think that if either of them thought he was in any danger they wouldn't have dispatched an ambulance, especially given his celebrity? These guys scoop up drunks/druggies every day. They treated him like every other drunk/druggie they scoop up in the wee hours.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

It's amazing that if you are a type of person who waits till all evidence is available to form ones opinion you're considered a Tiger fan boy. With the amount of alternative facts floating around the interwebs and this thread itself I will withhold judgement (as if its my right to judge someone else) till all facts come to light.

As to the people who watched the dashcam footage, may I ask why? What satisfaction or sense of entitlement lets you feel that you have a right too see it. I just don't get why people believe that because someone is famous we should be able to know everything about them. I just don't get the need to watch someone at a low point in there life, celeb or not they still have right to some privacy. I imagine many who watched it also searched the web for the favorite naked celeb photos when they were hacked. Or that stupid show where they park a bait car in poor neighborhoods and catch these "terrible" criminals stealing it.

There is an underlying issue with our society to where we feel we are entitled to popular sports figures, movie stars, singers etc personal day to day lives. We feel entitled to know everything about them. When they do something stupid that many people have done, cheat on their spouse, drive impaired etc we get all high and mighty that how dare they act like dumb humans and I need to know every bit of info about them. Not only do I need to know what happened I will speculate profusely and without regard for the truth or facts.

I'm sure there will be plenty of mouth breathers who feel that I am defending the action of getting behind the wheel drunk/high. I am not. What I am defending is a persons right to some sort of privacy when it comes to certain things pertaining to their lives. He could of consciously got in the car high to go get a cookout shake and fries and fell asleep at the wheel and curbed it. Or he could of been up for hours with back spasms took a pain pill to alleviate the discomfort and figured since hes up to go get a milk shake and damn fries. Both are possible. We all know absolute nothing that lead up to the point the law arrived, 99 percent of us know nothing about what type of meds he was taking and the effects they can have when taking incorrectly.

I know this is the internet and we are on specwrx, but, its amazing the sense of entitlement some show.

Some snowflake

Not all who wander are lost.

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
Taylormade M1 5 wood speeder S
Cobra amp cell pro 3-pw X100
Cobra Tour Trusty 53-58 X100
T.P Mills RS

I don't think he did this to get high

But he does stuff to the extreme so you never know.

If 1 is good, 7 has to better right?

So, are you willing to admit that you were dead f****** wrong in saying that he took no responsibility?

Walk the walk.

I can spin anything. I've lived 25 years backing up my words with actions.

I'll bet you a dozen titleist he doesn't remember any of it.

What's he going to do? Deny it?

Saying you take full responsibility but end up doing it again is the insanity of addiction. He's done this before. This isn't a one off

But he will tell you it is

He will tel you he's fine.

He will board a plane to Dubai Saying he is fine

You're taking him at his word when his word has never been backed up by actions

I'll wait and see. His prepared statement was a start

Now watcha gonna do?

25 years sober and I STILL go to meetings 3x a week for my crap.

I was a narcissistic word not allowed every single day prior. Still can be. I'd love to show him that change is possible

Let's see him do more than talk, ok?

My translation isn't coming across. He does this a lot. But not to get high. He's hooked. His body craves it. He's defenseless.

There's a difference.

When I quit drinking and getting High, it stopped working. I wasn't drunk or high. I indulged to keep from feeling like crap

That's where he's at

He can't play golf because from this addicts couch he probably can't go 5 hours without a pill.

Just a hunch

And he's hurt becaose he can't feel what he's doing to his body

He can't hit a golf ball becaose he's in a numb state.

I'll take that as a no.

You can buy him at his word. I'm not there yet

I'm going to yell "follow the light" on good shots now

Serious note ....

I feel for the guy and hope he finds his way in life and golf again. Recovering from the physical and mental strain of multiple back surgeries will test the strength of anyone .... I've been there

Clearly, he is depressed and under a lot of mental duress since he hit the hydrant. For a man with that much pride these public breakdowns / shenanigans must have him rattled to the core

Cally AIS TD 11.5* Ventus Black 5x

Cally AI Smoke TD 16* AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

OK here's my issue: Why release that garbage dashcam video? What's the purpose other than to tear Woods down even further? This has to be a record time for this kind of video being released. Had this been another unarmed man being shot it would take an act of Congress and weeks if not months to get this video released. I'm sure his thinking was he was close to home and could've made it. I wonder how much outrage there may be if the police were accused of brutality.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 14.5

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW

Cleveland CG-10 52,56,60

Cleveland Classic 4.5

Personally, I don't think it was necessary to reveal the police videos, nothing to gain from it, just makes things worse.

BUT while watching them I've noticed that Tiger's traps and shoulders clearly show that he's been working out lately, so his back must be better than in the past.

Thats what I noticed too, the guy looks jacked up for having fusion surgery.

Really sad to see him like that. I feel bad for Tiger. I think a person should be allowed to have their dash cam video kept private. What is gained by that being released? Besides more clicks/sales for media outposts.

Haven't you noticed the Tiger defenders are no longer saying things like, "He blew .000, so there is nothing to see here." The dashcam footage has showed us just how impaired he was and how he should, not only not have been on the road, but could have killed himself or somebody else. It was important for the footage to come out. I think lots of people who responded in this thread over the past two days got an eye opener from that footage. At least I hope they did. Driving impaired, no matter the cause of the impairment, is incredibly dangerous to the driver and anybody else on the roadway.

You can't seriously think that he got into that car in that shape and drove ? He couldn't walk. It's obvious he got into the car and was able to drive and then had this reaction or near over dose or whatever it is we are seeing. Sure he's still ultimately responsible for his actions , but this isn't quite the same as a drunk leaving a bar drunk.

I don't know Blade, I'm hearing some downright weird and scary stories about Ambien. Mix it in with other pain killer meds and you have a perfect storm. It was almost like he was sleepwalking.

Regardless, it does seem like the guy needs a lot of help and I hope he gets it and finds himself better . But unfortunately I bet he has a lot of YES MEN around him, sort of like with Johnny Manzel, and no true friends that will slam the gauntlet down and say what really needs to be said.

Guy sits in a bar, has a beer, power drinks 8 or 10 tequilas just before he leaves and gets in the car to drive home. Alcohol hasn't had time to kick in yet.Looks fine initially, until the booze kicks in. No better than the guy that gets slowly wasted and then tries to drive.

Once again, Tiger is not drug naive. This is not the first time he has ever taken this stuff. We forget that in 2009, he crashed his Escalade and was found in it, half conscious, bloody and snoring. He himself admitted to taking Ambien in 2009 and it was thought that he had been prescribed Vicodin at that time as well. That was almost seven years ago, so he has good experience with these meds.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

"he clearly has zero control of his mental and physical faculties. "

Disagree. Officer told him his shoe was untied and was concerned he would trip so TW upped the ante and untied the other, then said eff this, I can do your silly test barefoot. Then again he thought the standard alphabet test was beneath him and offered to sing the national anthem backwards instead. He must have felt in total control to keep upping the stakes like that. Just like when Earl said he enjoyed watching Tiger at Memorial the most because he was playing shots to prep for the US Open that didn't fit Muirfield, but won anyway. He wanted bigger challenges that night.

Personally, I don't think it was necessary to reveal the police videos, nothing to gain from it, just makes things worse.

BUT while watching them I've noticed that Tiger's traps and shoulders clearly show that he's been working out lately, so his back must be better than in the past.

Looks like he needs to spend some time on his legs. Those calves are tiny in contrast to his upper torso.

Cop said he smelled "an odor" coming from the car.

Typical coverup going on.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

I don't know Blade, I'm hearing some downright weird and scary stories about Ambien. Mix it in with other pain killer meds and you have a perfect storm. It was almost like he was sleepwalking.

Regardless, it does seem like the guy needs a lot of help and I hope he gets it and finds himself better . But unfortunately I bet he has a lot of YES MEN around him, sort of like with Johnny Manzel, and no true friends that will slam the gauntlet down and say what really needs to be said.

Very insightful post, you pretty much hit the nail on the head, think how scary and sad

it would be to not have one caring true friend that you can count on. TW has associates rather than

friends. It seems like everyone close to him is making money for being there.

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

OK here's my issue: Why release that garbage dashcam video? What's the purpose other than to tear Woods down even further? This has to be a record time for this kind of video being released. Had this been another unarmed man being shot it would take an act of Congress and weeks if not months to get this video released. I'm sure his thinking was he was close to home and could've made it. I wonder how much outrage there may be if the police were accused of brutality.

There should be a tremendous amount of outrage if the police in this case are accused of brutality. Woods was treated with kid gloves throughout this entire scenario.

There should be a tremendous amount of outrage if the police in this case are accused of brutality. Woods was treated with kid gloves throughout this entire scenario.

FOIA (Freedom of Information Act)

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

I wasn't able to find that DJ magic with mine. Loved the look though. However, I recently fell in love with a Toulon Memphis. The face milling is great as is the feel. Could be worth checking out.

J13, new Bloodline putter right up your alley...

He was clearly snowed from the mix of medication which doesn't look intentional. I work in the medical world and ask any Doctor about pain and sleep meds. Patients can literally sleep drive, sleep cook, sleep walk ,ect and have no idea that they are doing it. This look like what's going on and to be honest when they did the breathalyzer and saw 0.000 they should have taken him to seek medical attention not jail. At that point it was clear he was on some drug/s and he could have went into cardiac arrest or a number of other issues. I honestly would be surprised if this thing took a twist on the Jupiter PD especially with them releasing this video (and they didn't have to). Ask any doctor what police should have done in that situation and everyone of them would say seek medical attention before central booking.

I am dumbfounded that someone could apologize so profusely for Tiger and blame the police instead.

Kool aid is a helleva drug...

Who apologized for him? It was horrible that he was behind the wheel but he clearly has zero control of his mental and physical faculties. Again being in the medical world you can't immediately blame someone who had zero control of what was going on unless it was his intention to get all whacked out which I find it hard to believe it was. The guy thinks he's in CA for gods sake. And I'm not attacking the PD although them selling the video is shameful. Go ask a doctor what they should have done. I wanted to point the fact out that this could take a twist if the tiger camp wants it to.

Good use of the KoolAid guy, very original.

Looks like he needs to spend some time on his legs. Those calves are tiny in contrast to his upper torso.

Cop said he smelled "an odor" coming from the car.

Typical coverup going on.

nope,, thats just "probable cause " speak for "im going to search you and preform a sobriety test.... everyone has a 'smell" coming from them at 3am... I once had a cop tell me i had drug paraphanalia ( spelling) in my ashtray at 1am.... it was a razor blade and a handful of pennys and dimes... i explained to him i was a painter and that was simply a tool of the trade...he tried to argue with me that that made no sense.... so i laughed at him and said " well its obvious youve never been in a body shop before, body supply trucks carry more razor blades than masking paper and guys who use them are very adept at usig them for anything from cutting masking lines to pickig out pinstripe tape between coats of color.... " he took my license, ran them and then came back and threw them in the window and told me ha " had another call and i needed to get home or else he would stopme again " wtf ? i hadnt been drinking, i wasnt speeding, and i literally never done a drug in my life... was just driving at 1am ... when your dealing with people like that you hate to submit to a search for fear they will plant something.... if it were all on the up and up you would easily be fine lettig them search because you know they wont find a thing.....

to be fair i have a outlaw dad 2 outlaw brothers and i have been profiled as guilty because of them since driving age .... But youd think after 20 years or so they would figure out im the one who made it and rejected their lifestyle...

anyway sorry for the rant... but him "smelling " a phantom smell isnt shocking.. its part of the script

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock