TaylorMade M3 and M4 Drivers and Metalwoods

ludeatude

Do you guys prefer the M3 440 or 460 version?

I like the 460 more. I don't have either of the new models, but I hit them at my local demo day this past weekend. I'm not in the need for a new driver, but I asked the rep how many guys he had seen go with the 440 over then 460. He said he had not fitted a single person into the 440, and he didn't know of any guys on tour using it. It's not so much that the 440 isn't performing well, but there's not a good enough benefit for guys to go with it over the 460.

The 440 head looks so much better to my eye behind the ball. I love that deep face...

I went 440 based on the headshape, and I haven’t noticed had any problems with it. Great sound too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys prefer the M3 440 or 460 version?

I like the 460 more. I don't have either of the new models, but I hit them at my local demo day this past weekend. I'm not in the need for a new driver, but I asked the rep how many guys he had seen go with the 440 over then 460. He said he had not fitted a single person into the 440, and he didn't know of any guys on tour using it. It's not so much that the 440 isn't performing well, but there's not a good enough benefit for guys to go with it over the 460.

The 440 head looks so much better to my eye behind the ball. I love that deep face...

I went 440 based on the headshape, and I haven’t noticed had any problems with it. Great sound too.

Great info and your bag setup is sweet!!

Any more reviews that can be shared on the M3 3wood?? Comparison to 2017 M1 would be a bonus! Thanks!

I’m working on this now. I’ve had the 17 M1 3 wood in the bag for awhile. Tinkering with a M3 3 HL last night and tonight. I’ll report back.

Thanks shakey. I still have my Nike Vapor Fly woods and am looking at maybe going to the M3 this year. Really only need a shaft change as ball speeds are actually higher with the Nikes, but I've got a good deal at Taylormade that the cost of a new club won't be too much. Any thoughts on them would be great.

I sometimes miss my Vapor Fly woods. They looked so good! But I struggled with them off the deck. It’s the main reason I moved away from them. The 17 M1 3(15) was very solid for me off the tee, but still a little low on most days. Since I hit 3 wood mostly off the tee, I sort of dealt with it. I liked the way it looked and the size was perfect. Feel was ok. But the fwy shots were tough to deal with. I would probably hit 1 out of 5 at a decent trajectory off the ground. Others were head high. I could have bumped the loft up, but too hook faced.

The M3 3HL has been better all across the board so far. I know part of it is getting the more loft...goin from 15 to 17. But the M3 just feels hotter off the face. I hitting it longer off the tee (roughly 10 yds off the tee) and the fwy shots are easier to elevate. I was able to knock it on the green from 245 (slightly uphill) the other night. That’s a huge carry for me off the deck. My 3 wood off the ground usually only carries about 230 due to low launch and spin. And that’s if I hit it good.

Plan is to get out this weekend. Hopefully it continues to go well with the M3.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Enjoying a nice honeymoon with the M4. Long, high and straight. Maybe gained a few yards over my 917D3. Not convinced about the benefits of Twist Face, but.... Time will tell!

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

Picked up my M3 440 three weeks ago. Guess still in honeymoon phase. Plus after the honeymoon it comes to an end anyway. Some good tee shots some not so good. My miss was a diving hook. It’s gone with the M3 but sometimes end up in the right rough/pickers. Just seems inconsistent. M3 and I have a small chat before tee shots. Saying I will replace you with the Callaway Rogue Sub Zero if you don’t behave. Then it works. Maybe I’ll start giving it a lick before tee shots. Joking aside I’m close to ordering the SZ. Let the two battle it out. Winner stays loser gets sold. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Got a M3 460 about a month ago, and have been very happy with the results so far. My miss has always been to over cook my draw, and so far any of the high toe hits haven’t “snapped” into unplayable situations. When I first got it, I walked out in the evening on the course I live on, and just hit some drives with it. A few of the holes were ones I’d never hit driver on, short & tight, but they ended up right down the middle. I have found it so far to be very forgiving and easy to control.

Driver: GBB 9* 
3wd: GBB 15*  
Hybrid: Big Bertha 3hy
Irons: Apex cf 16 4-AW  
Wedges: MD4 54 & 58 W grind  
Putter: O-Works 7 black

Still loving my M3 460 with AD IZ 6x. I'm as confident as I've ever been with a driver. I've found it to be surprisingly easy to work in either direction considering how forgiving it is.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

The M3 has been great for me. My misses have a lot gotten smaller, it's as long as anything I've played and it's been very consistent for me. I've had the same ball in play for the last 4 rounds. I don't get to retire them often.

I've never been this confident with any combo I've played. Loving the Atmos shaft in it.

My playing partners are missing watching me try to grind out pars from ridiculous locations on the course. I'm enjoying boring golf.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Picked up my 440 9* today. I cannot wait to get some course time in with this beast!

Congrats!

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I'm hoping to try the 460 and 440 soon with the Synergy Black I have.

Perhaps my results willl be as good as yours

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I have an M3 460 9 degree with the synergy shaft in it that I love. Longer and much more forgiving than my M1 460 10.5, For the most part I think twist face works well, with toe misses less of a penalty. The downside however is if you have a toe miss with the face open, that ball turns into a very wicked high fade that just keeps going right. Thankfully that is not a miss that I have very often, usually when I am trying to hit a high draw.

i work part time at a golf store and these are number 4 in terms of sales. 1. Cally rogue 23. Ping g400s 3. suprisingly cobra f8. then the taylormade is number 4.

i have hit them all extensively and have bounced around in what i liked. I feel that for me the M3 is very good. i really like how it feels and sounds. i was playing with the settings Friday and found that with one weight all the way forward and the other in the most fade setting i was getting really really good numbers. the next time i am at work i will take a pic of the numbers and post them.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

been gaming my m3 (10.5*) for quite awhile now -- more i play with it the more i love it. i have mine paired with a 2kxv blue 60tx at 45", D4 swingweight. it's got the weights with one all the way forward and the other at full draw setting. also, have four 2" strips of lead tape running parallel (2 each side) of the main track.

it's a bomber for sure -- but i feel like i could get away with a little less spin. it launches high but, don't get a ton of roll-out. it's point/shoot tho, so, i can't really complain a whole heck of a lot; losing 10y or so to hit a fairway? i'll take it.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Has anyone had any testing or bagging the M4 Driver in 12.0 degrees vs the lower lofts? I hit one at a local demo days and was shocked how far it went and how easy it was to hit I should say.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Has anyone had any testing or bagging the M4 Driver in 12.0 degrees vs the lower lofts? I hit one at a local demo days and was shocked how far it went and how easy it was to hit I should say.

I have the 10.5 M4 adjusted to 12.0 using the hosel adjustment (in the flat lie setting). I'm thinking M4 must be a pretty low-spin head because the 12.0 setting gets me a bit more carry but the ball still lands and runs out very well.

My previous driver (Cobra F6 10.5) when adjust to 12.0 degrees would just stop where it landed, more like an iron shot than a driver.

Any cuts or hooks I accidentally hit with the M4 are very mild. Like hardly any curve at all. It's been a great driver for me.

P.S. I'm a lefty and did not have the option of a 12-degree clubhead, if they made one that's what I would have bought for my 90mph swing.

i work part time at a golf store and these are number 4 in terms of sales. 1. Cally rogue 23. Ping g400s 3. suprisingly cobra f8. then the taylormade is number 4.

i have hit them all extensively and have bounced around in what i liked. I feel that for me the M3 is very good. i really like how it feels and sounds. i was playing with the settings Friday and found that with one weight all the way forward and the other in the most fade setting i was getting really really good numbers. the next time i am at work i will take a pic of the numbers and post them.

Have had a bout with the lefts on my M3 and I switched into these settings late last week and I am back to a much more neutral flight. Liking the T1100 a lot in this head, and even though I’ll probably test out a couple others in the stable, but I think there’s something in this setting (1 weight forward, the other all the way back either fade/draw).

Have had a bout with the lefts on my M3 and I switched into these settings late last week and I am back to a much more neutral flight. Liking the T1100 a lot in this head, and even though I'll probably test out a couple others in the stable, but I think there's something in this setting (1 weight forward, the other all the way back either fade/draw).

how's your spin numbers with the T1100? i've contemplated...lol

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Have had a bout with the lefts on my M3 and I switched into these settings late last week and I am back to a much more neutral flight. Liking the T1100 a lot in this head, and even though I'll probably test out a couple others in the stable, but I think there's something in this setting (1 weight forward, the other all the way back either fade/draw).

how's your spin numbers with the T1100? i've contemplated...lol

I thought you were gaming the Synergy Black? ?