2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger cleared for full golf activity

Shilgy

And the goalpost just keeps moving......

Lol seriously? Im not the one making crazy claims here... i said the same thing here last year when he finished before last place that it didnt matter yet and we would have to see him play a real tour event.Tiger fanatics were bragging that he led the field in birdies!!!! he played 5 practice rounds there last year to get reps and still finished badly. he was then exposed at torrey and so on and then hurt.Im rooting for the guy but good grief show some composure in your expectations

The only claim you responded to was that it would be a good sign if Tiger top 10'd this quickly in his recovery and that wrx would go nuts.

No claims of other wins

No claims of Masters win

No claims of anything

You don't think this place would go nuts?

Shil all joking aside i actually respect your posts on here and think of you as a level headed person. i dont just dont see how a top 10 in a 17 person exhibition means anything. He shot a 65 there in the second round i believe last year and the the tiger fans were claiming he was back and i said the same thing. it means nothing because this isnt 2007 tiger this is 2017 tiger. No matter his result in this exhibition i maintain january will provide more answers as to where he stands. I think you know me enough to know that im actually rooting for him but his performance in this event wont influence me one way or another just like it didnt last year. Im fascinated by the position of some posters here that if he plays well its a great omen and if he plays badly like he did last year its the opposite. we wont know until the season starts regardless of this corporate obligation. i didnt like his body language last year around the greens and off the tee he looked weird, unatural. I guess im not emotionally invested as much as some of the "fans" in here but i have reason not to be you know like the last 9 years tigers been playing... besides his health he has to find his game. which happens first in your opinion?

Simple to answer your question. I have said many times a healthy Tiger will win, if not healthy he'll be off the tour and retired. I don't see a middle ground.

But I disagree with you on the Hero. A top 10 against that field would mean he is further along than expected and wrx would go nuts. No, it would not mean really anything in the long run but when has wrx cared about the long run? Make you a deal. If he finishes in the top 10 I won't say a word about how good he did if you promise not to write I told you so he is done if he finishes dfl. What have you done for me lately is the form on wrx? Even Trevino was posted as a journeyman lol.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the goalpost just keeps moving......

Lol seriously? Im not the one making crazy claims here... i said the same thing here last year when he finished before last place that it didnt matter yet and we would have to see him play a real tour event.Tiger fanatics were bragging that he led the field in birdies!!!! he played 5 practice rounds there last year to get reps and still finished badly. he was then exposed at torrey and so on and then hurt.Im rooting for the guy but good grief show some composure in your expectations

The only claim you responded to was that it would be a good sign if Tiger top 10'd this quickly in his recovery and that wrx would go nuts.

No claims of other wins

No claims of Masters win

No claims of anything

You don't think this place would go nuts?

Shil all joking aside i actually respect your posts on here and think of you as a level headed person. i dont just dont see how a top 10 in a 17 person exhibition means anything. He shot a 65 there in the second round i believe last year and the the tiger fans were claiming he was back and i said the same thing. it means nothing because this isnt 2007 tiger this is 2017 tiger. No matter his result in this exhibition i maintain january will provide more answers as to where he stands. I think you know me enough to know that im actually rooting for him but his performance in this event wont influence me one way or another just like it didnt last year. Im fascinated by the position of some posters here that if he plays well its a great omen and if he plays badly like he did last year its the opposite. we wont know until the season starts regardless of this corporate obligation. i didnt like his body language last year around the greens and off the tee he looked weird, unatural. I guess im not emotionally invested as much as some of the "fans" in here but i have reason not to be you know like the last 9 years tigers been playing... besides his health he has to find his game. which happens first in your opinion?

Simple to answer your question. I have said many times a healthy Tiger will win, if not healthy he'll be off the tour and retired. I don't see a middle ground.

But I disagree with you on the Hero. A top 10 against that field would mean he is further along than expected and wrx would go nuts. No, it would not mean really anything in the long run but when has wrx cared about the long run? Make you a deal. If he finishes in the top 10 I won't say a word about how good he did if you promise not to write I told you so he is done if he finishes dfl. What have you done for me lately is the form on wrx? Even Trevino was posted as a journeyman lol.

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.

Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.

Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....

Hes been healthy and hasnt won so I dont believe thats all thats holding him back. How do you explain not sniffing a major in almost 10 years? not winning in about his last 25 starts or so to go with only 3 top 10s in that span? Also, I dont do the I told you so bit so no worries about me. but when you say WRX would go nuts do you mean tiger fans? because you guys get excited for anything so i dont see that being the case for all of WRX. If he does finish DFL as you say it wont mean anything either for whats its worth and if he finishes higher it wont mean hes "ahead" of anything either.

Finally there is a middle ground, you just have to see it with your own eyes to realize it. He has already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy which leads to believe that more of that is to come.This isnt his last kick at the can, hes not greg norman who had more money waiting for him of the course than on in his 40s. Even if he has a setback he'll be back because honestly hes a lifer, hes got nothing else really (not that its a bad thing) it will be a pill to big to swallow this early IMO.

Someone who hasnt won in 5 yeaas is suddenly going to because hes self declared "healthy" take 4? I dont see it personally but am not rooting against it either but realistically....

You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.

But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.

Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's. But even that came true once in'86.

You sure like to read a lot into posts that is not there. But in those last 24 starts how many was he really healthy? Hmm? If you read my post again I said either healthy and will win or not and will be done. If you think the Tiger you saw in 2014 and 2015 was healthy I worry for your sanity. The idea he would hang around the tour if not healthy is absurd. And note I am not using your "self proclaimed healthy" standard. Even you said "already grinded out a few seasons without winning both healthy and unhealthy" so clearly you are not even believing your proclamation that he was healthy for those 25 events.

But your job as the voice of reason in all of the Tiger threads is intact. Keep on posting in them to help us non golf fans temper our enthusiasm.

Reminds me a lot of the "Bear is back" proclamations of the early 80's. But even that came true once in'86.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.

Well i guess i dont understand you then. if he said he was healthy those years but according to you wasnt are we to take him at his word or not? Whats different from what he said last year? the surgery? he had surgery last year too. after his disastrous showing in the the 2015 majors and tourneys were we suppose to assume he played all those events unhealthy? how about 2010, 2011 or 2014? you cant have it both ways. its an easy cop out to say if hes healthy he wins. What if he plays a full schedule this year and next and doesnt win? not healthy or no longer good enough? I dont know how healthy he was in those last 25 starts but neither do you. Its all good, youre excitement is not an issue for me. im happy youre happy my good man but im also realistic based on what weve seen the last 5 years golf wise.

He hasn’t been healthy since sept 2013.

Don’t believe anything health related that comes out of tiger or his agent’s mouth, those 2 make Kellyanne Conway look like honest Abe. Professional liars and dissemblers.

Shigly is correct, IF he is (and can stay) healthy for an extended period of time, he’ll win a golf tournament(s) of some variety eventually. The talent is still there, that doesn’t go away. The question is his body/back. And to a much lesser extent, his desire.

Sadly, I don’t think he will be able to play/practice enough at a pro golf level without getting hurt again.

Here's how I look at the health/age discussion.

1) Make a list of anyone who's won anything after turning 42.

2) Make a list of anyone who's won anything after having four back surgeries.

3) Check to see if there's any overlap between the two lists.

Maybe that's over-simplistic, maybe TW will be the exception to it. Who knows. But really, the dude needs to get through four rounds and make a cut in a real event first. Until then all of this is strictly academic.

Sorry I don't have it quoted here, but whoever brought up Tom Watson almost winning the British at age 59 needs to take a careful look at Watson's swing. That's a swing that's designed to last a lifetime. That's a swing that puts as little stress on the body as you could ever design. The other TW has made his career using a very different type of swing.

What does winning majors have to do with this discussion? You can play well and lose a major like Phil at the Open or just be the last man standing. I don't have the same majors are the be all end all attitude that you seem to.

Again, yes it been a Tiger fan but I don't have a whole lot of enthusiasm about his return. I have not made any claims about his winning multiple majors and catching Jack or anything close. You seem to be thinking you need to chastise any post that supports Woods. Butt hey, that's your schtick so keep it going. It's always a entertaining and enlightening read.

What does winning majors have to do with this discussion? You can play well and lose a major like Phil at the Open or just be the last man standing. I don't have the same majors are the be all end all attitude that you seem to.

Again, yes it been a Tiger fan but I don't have a whole lot of enthusiasm about his return. I have not made any claims about his winning multiple majors and catching Jack or anything close. You seem to be thinking you need to chastise any post that supports Woods. Butt hey, that's your schtick so keep it going. It's always a entertaining and enlightening read.

Come on Shil, youre better than that. i dont have a shtick and certainly dont chastize posts that support woods.Heck, I support woods, I just dont understand these posts that are full of qualifiers. Ifs and buts. thats all. Lots of tiger fans here see things with rose colored glasses and i dont. Im a fan of the guys game but dont see how anyone could say he'll win if hes healthy and if you disagree youre a hater when the last 10 years has shown thats not the case or a mixed bag at best. The majors is where Tiger aspires to perform, thats why for me its disconcerting that he hasnt contended in almost 10 years at any of them. Thats why im not optimistic.i dont believe its his health only holding him back. i really believe hes in phil territory where putting 4 rounds together is tough. Phil has almost won a majors in each of the last 6 years except this year however.Tiger can make no such claim further more hes embarassed himself at some of these majors

Many people with bad backs have "healthy" periods where the back allows them to do most things. Then, in a heartbeat, it knocks you to your knees and that is when you fear that you have been kidding yourself. Tiger had healthy moments which gave him the optimism to declare himself healthy and pain free. And then the other shoe dropped. How might I know this probably is how it happened?

Because I lived the same lie. And I, like Tiger, believed it was the truth. Until I went to my knees again.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Here's how I look at the health/age discussion.

1) Make a list of anyone who's won anything after turning 42.

2) Make a list of anyone who's won anything after having four back surgeries.

3) Check to see if there's any overlap between the two lists.

Maybe that's over-simplistic, maybe TW will be the exception to it. Who knows. But really, the dude needs to get through four rounds and make a cut in a real event first. Until then all of this is strictly academic.

Sorry I don't have it quoted here, but whoever brought up Tom Watson almost winning the British at age 59 needs to take a careful look at Watson's swing. That's a swing that's designed to last a lifetime. That's a swing that puts as little stress on the body as you could ever design. The other TW has made his career using a very different type of swing.

LOL, make a list of those who've won 79 times on the PGA Tour

make a list of those who've won 14 majors

check to see who overlaps both lists

:rofl:

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Tiger Woods subject to random drug testing as part of plea deal

https://sports.yahoo.com/tiger-woods-subject-random-drug-testing-part-plea-deal-194708109.html

Wonder how that works. Will he have to report to a probation officer? Will a PO just randomly show up at his house? With his out of state/country travel schedule, I could see him having a difficult time living up to the stipulations in his plea agreement.

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

Ha, but Rickie can hammer the ball too!

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Fowler said it's true that Tiger is hitting the ball way by him. He didn't say way by left, right, or further down the fairway though.

I think we should withhold judgement until we hear from someone bigger than 5'7" and 140 lbs. ;)

Agree. Lets see what JT says.

I think he is 5'9, 153 lbs ; )

It’s hard to outdrive a linebacker.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Tiger does overtrain though, on his recent podcast he said he was about to ride 40 miles on the bike. I mean that’s not even necessary.

Biking is not good on your back unless Tiger is using a recumbent

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Tiger does overtrain though, on his recent podcast he said he was about to ride 40 miles on the bike. I mean that's not even necessary.

Biking is not good on your back unless Tiger is using a recumbent

Tiger's back is great! No worries! What is a recumbent?

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

So assuming your 5'8" and 141 or bigger, can you hit it by Rickie?

I'm 6'3" / 165lbs and I can definitely hit it miles further left than Rickie can. :bb:

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Tiger finished 15th last year (out of 17). What are the odds he cracks top 10 this year? What are the odds top 5?

9* Taylormade Sim 2 with Ventus Black 7x

15* Taylormade Sim 2 with Tensei Pro Blue 80tx

Mizuno Fly-Hi 3,4,5 iron Project X 6.5

Mizuno MP-5, 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 115x

Titleist Vokey 50*, 54* with Project X 6.5

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60* with Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

Tiger threads never get old and they entertain every time. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.