2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

Ughhhh, damnit.

I wanted to like the Apex Pro’s but pic after pic I just think they look so CHEAP.... oh well. If they perform who cares right?

It looks cheap??

Yes. Imo they look cheap, that is what I said. Who knows maybe it’s just the pics and seeing them in person might change my mind, I hope at least

Standard Apex looks great, cannot wait to purchase.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

according to what we’re hearing T minus 10 days to pre order!

In my OGIO RTC Bag
Mavrik (for now)
EPIC FLASH SZ 3 wood
EPIC FLASH % wood
APEX 19 5-AW

MD4 52 custom by AT
MD5 56, 60
Toulon Garage Memphis or Palm Beach
2020 Chrome Soft TT

Held the whole line in hand today. Driver and woods look great, better in person. What stood out to me was the driver looks really balanced.

What really got me excited was the Apex irons line. They are smaller and more compact than the prior Apex and Apex Pro. Also less offset. The Apex have the new DG elevate 95 and the Apex Pro have the DG elevate tour which I believe are 120 gram. Absolutely love the blade length I am talking Titleist CB 718 or Cobra King Pro CB small in both irons. Very impressed!!

I was actually hoping the standard version would be the same blade size but just less offset. I don't need even shorter blades. Callaway already has plenty of other offerings that cater to those who want even smaller heads. The CF16 standard version already had a more squat head...really don't want it any smaller.

Agree with you on keeping profile size similar to cf 16. Funny I played the Apex 14 /4-p,/Recoil 95 and didn’t care for looks or profile of the 16s so was fitted and bought the 545s when they came out which worked out well. Owned a few more various sets since and not until NOW do I have an appreciation for the CF16. There size is good for me and anything smaller gets dicey from 165+ out. That said my current are 900 Hot Metals and Wilson c-300 Forged . Now I feel the HMs can seem a bit large but the c-300 Forged are perfect.Great irons that fly under the radar. Think I am going to get a decent set of used cf16s because if the cf19s are smaller I don’t feel at this stage of life and proficiency I want to put $1200 into a harder to hit set. Also I want to keep and play the Wilsons also thus I don’t want that $1200 sitting in a corner for weeks. JMHO

Held the whole line in hand today. Driver and woods look great, better in person. What stood out to me was the driver looks really balanced.

What really got me excited was the Apex irons line. They are smaller and more compact than the prior Apex and Apex Pro. Also less offset. The Apex have the new DG elevate 95 and the Apex Pro have the DG elevate tour which I believe are 120 gram. Absolutely love the blade length I am talking Titleist CB 718 or Cobra King Pro CB small in both irons. Very impressed!!

I was actually hoping the standard version would be the same blade size but just less offset. I don't need even shorter blades. Callaway already has plenty of other offerings that cater to those who want even smaller heads. The CF16 standard version already had a more squat head...really don't want it any smaller.

Agree with you on keeping profile size similar to cf 16. Funny I played the Apex 14 /4-p,/Recoil 95 and didn’t care for looks or profile of the 16s so was fitted and bought the 545s when they came out which worked out well. Owned a few more various sets since and not until NOW do I have an appreciation for the CF16. There size is good for me and anything smaller gets dicey from 165+ out. That said my current are 900 Hot Metals and Wilson c-300 Forged . Now I feel the HMs can seem a bit large but the c-300 Forged are perfect.Great irons that fly under the radar. Think I am going to get a decent set of used cf16s because if the cf19s are smaller I don’t feel at this stage of life and proficiency I want to put $1200 into a harder to hit set. Also I want to keep and play the Wilsons also thus I don’t want that $1200 sitting in a corner for weeks. JMHO

I have the c300’s forged and can attest to how awesome the irons are both playability and feel

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I have the c300’s forged and can attest to how awesome the irons are both playability and feel

Fully agree, the C300 Forged are absolute $$$

My order is already in and I will be receiving on the 19th.

I ordered the standard apex forged and let me tell you, they have slimmed down the sole and top-line and it feels really really solid.

I also hit the apex pro forged and it also felt really solid but the difference for me was forgiveness.

I think once people see the head in person and feel how solid the club is, there minds will be changed about a more forgiving iron. Heck, the Callaway rep even said he was going to fit himself into the standard this year.

- KC

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Ping Glide 4.0 Raw (52S/56S/58T)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

I ordered the standard apex forged and let me tell you, they have slimmed down the sole and top-line and it feels really really solid.

I also hit the apex pro forged and it also felt really solid but the difference for me was forgiveness.

I think once people see the head in person and feel how solid the club is, there minds will be changed about a more forgiving iron. Heck, the Callaway rep even said he was going to fit himself into the standard this year.

- KC

I put an order in with a retailer. Don't know when they can actually place the order with Callaway though. Told them I would confirm the shaft once I actually knew what was being offered. Did you order with a custom shaft, stock, or one of their no charge options?

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

- KC

I put an order in with a retailer. Don't know when they can actually place the order with Callaway though. Told them I would confirm the shaft once I actually knew what was being offered. Did you order with a custom shaft, stock, or one of their no charge options?

I hit maybe 6 different shaft options and fitted into the KBS C-Taper 130 X, which was no up-charge. I know the KBS Tour X are also no charge (looking at your signature).

Callaway offers a lot of shaft options at no up-charge; True Temper (including the new tour issue), KBS, Project X and Nippon. Only offerings for an up-charge are the UST Recoils and Steelfibers.

Edit: Also let me pick any grip without an up-charge.

- KC

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

- KC

That's awesome to hear. I'm really looking forward to seeing the info Callaway releases on these irons even though I already know I'm purchasing them. I'll be going Steelfiber shafts again but think I'm going to go for the FC series instead of the i series. If they don't work out I'll just have my old CF16 i series shafts swapped into the new CF19's.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

- KC

How did the offset look on the regular apex?

- KC

That's awesome to hear. I'm really looking forward to seeing the info Callaway releases on these irons even though I already know I'm purchasing them. I'll be going Steelfiber shafts again but think I'm going to go for the FC series instead of the i series. If they don't work out I'll just have my old CF16 i series shafts swapped into the new CF19's.

I know the FC are listed as available for the new big Bertha irons so one can “assume” they’ll be available for selection on the new flagship irons

- KC

How did the offset look on the regular apex?

No clue. I don't usually pay attention to that stuff. I liked how it sat at address and how it preformed for me.

- KC

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

Any info on the Stroke Lab putters?

Release?

Retail options?

I believe tomorrow we will be getting the scoop on these.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

- KC

Great too hear!

1/19 or 2/19?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

- KC

Great too hear!

1/19 or 2/19?

1/19

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

Any info on the Stroke Lab putters?

Release?

Retail options?

Early feb, probably same as the flash. Heard $280 pricetag, odd number but its what I was told

Odyssey twitter says tomorrow as others posted.

$280, please no......

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Just hit the flash drivers - sub and std as well as apex and apex pro irons. I’m a 6 and hit it pretty straight, but only 95 driver ss.

Sub zero is taller and 600 less spin for me... better sound and feel than reg flash.

Irons are not even close. While I don’t like the shiny finish on the pros, they feel far better and are very forgiving. The std apex is very “clickly” and no upg from cf16 IMHO.