Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Do we have confirmation that the tour driver is in fact releasing a month later? The guy at golf galaxy last night told me their info is 2/1 with the rest of the clubs. Also, the shop I always order through has also told me 2/1

Taylormade has no issue posting all those stupid assss â€Å“five more sleeps†posts but they canâ€â„¢t pop in and tell us the actual release date?

Everything available on 2/1...except M5 Tour, which is coming 3/1.

Only 26 more sleeps. :smilie_tm:

Looks like everyone but those who wants the tour get faster on 2/1 ... 54 more sleeps haha

Go figure, the Tour becomes available when I’m going to be out of the country. Perfect timing...

I’m going to have to look for a different driver. I don’t want to wait that long. I just sold my M3 440 under the assumption 2/1 meant 2/1 haha. Oh well... Taylormade wont miss me and they’ll survive without my $550

There are plenty of good ones out there to choose from, no doubt about it.

First round out this year. I had not swung a club since 11/4/18. No, I did not have m5 or m6 in play ..... but TwistFace simply works for me. If I can get another 5-10 yds w/m6 or m5, I’ll be all in.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Do we have confirmation that the tour driver is in fact releasing a month later? The guy at golf galaxy last night told me their info is 2/1 with the rest of the clubs. Also, the shop I always order through has also told me 2/1

Taylormade has no issue posting all those stupid assss â€Å"five more sleeps†posts but they canâ€â„¢t pop in and tell us the actual release date?

Looks like everyone but those who wants the tour get faster on 2/1 ... 54 more sleeps haha

Go figure, the Tour becomes available when I’m going to be out of the country. Perfect timing...

I'm going to have to look for a different driver. I don't want to wait that long. I just sold my M3 440 under the assumption 2/1 meant 2/1 haha. Oh well... Taylormade wont be sad without me and I'm sure they'll survive without my $550

Sorry you feel that way. DJ, Rory, Rahm and Day all playing M5 460 in Maui. We'll be here if you change your mind.

Taylormade has no issue posting all those stupid assss â€Å“five more sleeps†posts but they canâ€â„¢t pop in and tell us the actual release date?

I’m going to have to look for a different driver. I don’t want to wait that long. I just sold my M3 440 under the assumption 2/1 meant 2/1 haha. Oh well... Taylormade wont be sad without me and I’m sure they’ll survive without my $550

You must be in a warm climate. Otherwise us guys in the frozen tundra of the north could give a shite if it’s 2/1 or 3/1.

I’m going to have to look for a different driver. I don’t want to wait that long. I just sold my M3 440 under the assumption 2/1 meant 2/1 haha. Oh well... Taylormade wont be sad without me and I’m sure they’ll survive without my $550

You sold your driver knowing you're still a month away from getting the new stuff, but are now upset that you'll have to wait 28 more days for the tour head?

Kind of silly to.do and then come griping about it.

You sold your driver knowing you're still a month away from getting the new stuff, but are now upset that you'll have to wait 28 more days for the tour head?

Nobody is “griping”. It’s a golf forum.. don’t take everything so seriously. I’m just having fun with the fact that social media posts are all like “2/1 this 2/1 that” and then they throw a curveball and say “nah bruh 3/1”.

But yes I was planning on having it in hand 2/1 so I am disappointed I’ll have to wait another 28 days on top that. If that’s ok with you. ?

Nobody is “griping”. It’s a golf forum.. don’t take everything so seriously. I’m just having fun with the fact that social media posts are all like “2/1 this 2/1 that” and then they throw a curveball and say “nah bruh 3/1”.

But yes I was planning on having it in hand 2/1 so I am disappointed I’ll have to wait another 28 days on top that. If that’s ok with you. ?

Seems you could benefit from a retailer with a playability guarantee...

28 days with the non tour, return for the tour.

Seems you could benefit from a retailer with a playability guarantee...

28 days with the non tour, return for the tour.

All I can see is me dropping it on the cart path or the bag falling off the cart and me eating that driver haha

Taylormade has no issue posting all those stupid assss “five more sleeps†posts but they can’t pop in and tell us the actual release date?

You can still order it. Just send it to me, I'll take good care of it while you're gone!

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

Nah. There just both going farther down the hole. Gapr ? ( I owned one ). Tm isn’t done with the odd releases.

And yes callaway has followed suit. Same same.

I agree TM still puts out some odd stuff but they had greatly improved their release and stock issues and imo reduced customer confusion while Callaway has reverted back to their old ways.

Callaway tried to use the logic that releasing one line of GI this year then another set next year and keep them on two year cycles isnt yearly release but to the general consumer they see 10 iron sets and have no idea where to start. Now with the drivers they are saying the epic was a breakthru with jailbreak but as soon as rogue came Epic wasn’t all that and rogue improved on epic but isnt a replacement but the consumer walks in an sees epic cheaper than rogue and wonders why. Now they will see rogue reduced less than a year from release and the epic flash next to it.

Not sure why the face screws are necessary. Add the goop resin before fixing the carbon crown or sole to the clubhead?!

I dont know. Just seems like it’s unnecessary but I’m not an engineer by any means.

Edit* guess because they test the face and then use the algorithm to insert a specific amount of resin. Nevermind.

Visible tech makes it easier to tell and sell.

I don’t know about the stock issues.

Just had this conversation last week with my pro shop. Owner was explaining to me that they aren’t really discounting m3-m4 as they should to clear them out. Not like in the past. He said “ I guess they will pick them all up then .... we won’t be able to sell them once the new ones hit “. He had most of the gapr stuff all rounded up to one spot , awaiting a sale or the rep to come by. This is a green grass shop that sells every major brand and has since the 1970s.

Same shop owner that told me TM required a stock order this time well in advance of actually seeing even a picture of the new product.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Taylormade has no issue posting all those stupid assss “five more sleeps†posts but they can’t pop in and tell us the actual release date?

Insulting them seems like a sure fired way of getting them to respond.

Oh relaaaaaaaxxx.

All good Sphynxy. I'm just messing around.

You don't mind if I call you Sphynxy, do you Sphynxy?

No cost Shaft options are on the taylormade site.

Those "options" are the most depressing part about this lineup, 500 to 550 for a driver and shaft options are weak asf. D-Type for example get 1 high launch shaft, whyyy TaylorMade?

Edit: Was mistaken, TaylorMade does offer more shafts without up-charge, they just don't bother to tell it online in the main website of the driver. Or what they will be.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Those "options" are the most depressing part about this lineup, 500 to 550 for a driver and shaft options are weak asf. D-Type for example get 1 high launch shaft, whyyy TaylorMade?

TM will say 365 more sleeps till we offer a real selection of good shafts. Smaller oems have them crushed in this field. It’s sad.

As consumers we gotta stop getting excited at mediocre teaser pics and call out the BS. Offer some real deal elite shafts. Enough with the fancy paintjobs and marketing hype. Focus on what actually matters

TM will say 365 more sleeps till we offer a real selection of good shafts. Smaller oems have them crushed in this field. It's sad.

As consumers we gotta stop getting excited at mediocre teaser pics and call out the BS. Offer some real deal elite shafts. Enough with the fancy paintjobs and marketing hype. Focus on what actually matters

Ever consider that they just dropped a ton of $$ into a completely new manufacturing process that requires them to test and adjust every head that goes out the door (a process that is sure to be costly both in terms of time and money), and that in order to maintain any kind of healthy margin they have needed to limit the selection of stock shafts to avoid a sticker price in the $600+ range?

I call BS on the shaft thing. They could easily simply choose better options. That is is shaft company gravy they all want to be the stock shaft.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

TM will say 365 more sleeps till we offer a real selection of good shafts. Smaller oems have them crushed in this field. It's sad.

Ever consider that they just dropped a ton of $$ into a completely new manufacturing process that requires them to test and adjust every head that goes out the door (a process that is sure to be costly both in terms of time and money), and that in order to maintain any kind of healthy margin they have needed to limit the selection of stock shafts to avoid a sticker price in the $600+ range?

Let’s remember where they are made. It’s not as if they built a new assembly line or a new facility or put on more workers. The Margain for each head just moved a small fraction. That’s all.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Let's remember where they are made. It's not as if they built a new assembly line or a new facility or put on more workers. The Margain for each head just moved a small fraction. That's all.

Possibly, or possibly it's more impactful than that. But in any event TM has clearly made the call that they are going to invest their COGS allowance into creating the high-tech clubhead, not into packaging a slightly better stock shaft into their offering. I'm sure they figure that if you care that much you're going to be playing with something aftermarket anyway, so the logic makes sense to me.

I'm sure they figure that if you care that much you're going to be playing with something aftermarket anyway, so the logic makes sense to me.

This is what I thought as well, that there's a large % of potential customers that would probably already have the aftermarket shaft they want and chances are good it has a TM adapter on it ready to go already.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

GMR-

I could only follow that logic if they decided to sell heads only for say $350. Which isn’t going to happen.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

They should have always been testing each head in my opinion how is it fair to pay 499 for a brand new driver and it be a 230-235 ct and the next is 248.

If they went through all this trouble to try and make them more consistent it was obviously a bigger problem then what we really thought.

They should have always been testing each head in my opinion how is it fair to pay 499 for a brand new driver and it be a 230-235 ct and the next is 248.

If they went through all this trouble to try and make them more consistent it was obviously a bigger problem then what we really thought.

TM has always tested at 3 different times throughout the manufacturing process. There was always wiggle room because the usga had a range the face could be in so it left room for manufacturing tolerance and nw that has changed on the usga side to include the entire face and not just the center.

Will the PX Smoke 60 and 80 be offered, as well as the 70?

Thanks!

Let’s hope so. When the TS line came I was fit for a smoke 70 6.5 and 80 6.5. Im also hoping that TM adds some more custom shafts to their line up

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

any reference or link to a USGA testing or stance change ? 1st ive heard of it

That poster might be referring to the fact that the "official" CT limit for a club is 239, but there is an allowable tolerance of an additional 18 units (I think they are microseconds), for a total of 257. But most people just reference this total of 257 as the CT limit.

any reference or link to a USGA testing or stance change ? 1st ive heard of it

That poster might be referring to the fact that the "official" CT limit for a club is 239, but there is an allowable tolerance of an additional 18 units (I think they are microseconds), for a total of 257. But most people just reference this total of 257 as the CT limit.

yep.. i get that part ...it just read like the excepted tolerance had changed ... or that heads are now tested all over.. to my knowledge they were only tested on 2 spots..center and toeside center ...But i dont know that 2 is an actual fact .. Just that all the TM tour heads i have had the 2 white test dots on the face

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Let's remember where they are made. It's not as if they built a new assembly line or a new facility or put on more workers. The Margain for each head just moved a small fraction. That's all.

True.

I wonder why didn't they just adopt the old Adams manufacturing process (that they own) of testing to make sure all heads were max CT. A la Adams XTD.

Face goop sells?

Just read the Mizuno 2019 woods release:

ST190: $400

Shafts: Mizuno offers 26 (real deal) shafts without upcharge.

Then lets compare to TaylorMade:

M6 D-Type $500

Shafts: TaylorMade offers 1 shaft without upcharge: Project X EvenFlow Max Carry 45 (had to come and edit this post in light of more info in from TaylorMade, more shaft offering available also for the M6 D-Type, 18 no up-charge shafts in the lineup)

See it here: http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18455888

So with TaylorMade for the extra $100 you get 7 less shaft options. :D

Wouldn't add a poop emoji anymore here, even if it was available.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

M6 D-Type $500

Shafts: TaylorMade offers 1 shaft without upcharge: Project X EvenFlow Max Carry 45

So with TaylorMade for the extra $100 you get 25 less shaft options. :D

Would add a poop emoji here if it was available.

Let’s be happy they didn’t change the tip ?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

M6 D-Type $500

Shafts: TaylorMade offers 1 shaft without upcharge: Project X EvenFlow Max Carry 45

So with TaylorMade for the extra $100 you get 25 less shaft options. :D

Would add a poop emoji here if it was available.

One could also say that Mizuno has to throw the kitchen sink in just to drum up interest in their clubs, whereas TaylorMade doesn't.

Just saying that from the standpoint of a club retailer. I sell both Mizuno and now TaylorMade (adding them and dropping Callaway), and I like Mizuno. But their woods are a HAAAAARD sell to make. Even when people are fit into them and hit them far better than their current clubs, they will almost always still ask for a TaylorMade or Callaway or PING. Selling Mizuno woods is stupidly difficult.