Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Just read the Mizuno 2019 woods release:

ST190: $400

Shafts: Mizuno offers 26 (real deal) shafts without upcharge.

Then lets compare to TaylorMade:

M6 D-Type $500

Shafts: TaylorMade offers 1 shaft without upcharge: Project X EvenFlow Max Carry 45

So with TaylorMade for the extra $100 you get 25 less shaft options. :D

Would add a poop emoji here if it was available.

One could also say that Mizuno has to throw the kitchen sink in just to drum up interest in their clubs, whereas TaylorMade doesn't.

Just saying that from the standpoint of a club retailer. I sell both Mizuno and now TaylorMade (adding them and dropping Callaway), and I like Mizuno. But their woods are a HAAAAARD sell to make. Even when people are fit into them and hit them far better than their current clubs, they will almost always still ask for a TaylorMade or Callaway or PING. Selling Mizuno woods is stupidly difficult.

Perception is always difficult to get around. I know people who won't even really consider anything other than TM or Callaway, and often times Titleist also.

M6 D-Type $500

Shafts: TaylorMade offers 1 shaft without upcharge: Project X EvenFlow Max Carry 45

One could also say that Mizuno has to throw the kitchen sink in just to drum up interest in their clubs, whereas TaylorMade doesn't.

Just saying that from the standpoint of a club retailer. I sell both Mizuno and now TaylorMade (adding them and dropping Callaway), and I like Mizuno. But their woods are a HAAAAARD sell to make. Even when people are fit into them and hit them far better than their current clubs, they will almost always still ask for a TaylorMade or Callaway or PING. Selling Mizuno woods is stupidly difficult.

Even tough the previous Mizuno driver was an improvement for the brand they still need to fight off the brand perception on their woods line similar to Wilson. Mizuno has always been good at offering a good selection of shafts for their irons and for the woods they need to entice the masses to give it a go.

While having a large choice of premium or close to premium stock shafts companies especially someone like TM who is trying to turn financials around also need to be cautious about what they carry and offer. The offferings are usually based around what fits the large majority of golfers and have several shafts of th same profile doesn’t always make sense.

It would be interesting to know for each of the companies who offer a large amount of stock shafts how many of each is actually sold. I would venture to guess ifba brand offers 25 they done sell all 25 over the course of the release

M6 D-Type $500

Even tough the previous Mizuno driver was an improvement for the brand they still need to fight off the brand perception on their woods line similar to Wilson. Mizuno has always been good at offering a good selection of shafts for their irons and for the woods they need to entice the masses to give it a go.

While having a large choice of premium or close to premium stock shafts companies especially someone like TM who is trying to turn financials around also need to be cautious about what they carry and offer. The offferings are usually based around what fits the large majority of golfers and have several shafts of th same profile doesn’t always make sense.

It would be interesting to know for each of the companies who offer a large amount of stock shafts how many of each is actually sold. I would venture to guess ifba brand offers 25 they done sell all 25 over the course of the release

M6 D-Type $500

There are quite a few shafts available for no up charge in the custom build screen for the 2018 products so i would think that would continue

M6 D-Type $500

Just out of curiosity, I'd also like to know where this idea of TM only offering one shaft without upcharge comes from? They still have most, if not all of the no upcharge shafts theyve had for a while now. I'm still seeing XTorsion Copper, Synergy, Atmos Orange, Black, the HZRDUS line, evenflow blue...Tensei CK white/blue...Rogue Silver...

M6 D-Type $500

Just out of curiosity, I'd also like to know where this idea of TM only offering one shaft without upcharge comes from? They still have most, if not all of the no upcharge shafts theyve had for a while now. I'm still seeing XTorsion Copper, Synergy, Atmos Orange, Black, the HZRDUS line, evenflow blue...Tensei CK white/blue...Rogue Silver...

Where can these be seen online? On the website they list only the 1 shaft for the M6 D-Type.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

M6 D-Type $500

Where can these be seen online? On the website they list only the 1 shaft for the M6 D-Type.

Not sure where they can be seen online. I'm just looking at the catalog/price list.

Not sure where they can be seen online. I'm just looking at the catalog/price list.

Yeah seem like they will carry more shafts then they list on the website of the club, I looked at the press release and it states in the M5 the following:

"Both the M5 & M5 Tour come equipped with ... either a Mitsubishi CK Tensei Orange 60 and Project X’s new HZRDUS Smoke 70 shaft with numerous additional shaft options available at no additional cost. The stock grip is the MCC Decade grip from Golf Pride."

And in the M6 / M6 D-type:

"Both drivers are available with numerous additional shaft options at no additional cost."

Would really like to know what shafts will be available.. Thanks Chris for pointing this out, was assuming all the non up-charge options where listed on the website.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

M6 D-Type $500

Once the release date for purchase comes the option to “customize” the order the various shafts they offer will show for both free and upcharge

After many custom orders from Taylormade's custom department, I would recommend that if you are considering ordering this way and paying full retail that you go to a reputable clubfitter and have them build you one instead. Quality control, swingweighting, head weighting, etc are just too unpredictable from Taylormade. The whole thing where they just automatically tip every shaft an inch just adds too much uncertainty to your order and if you're going to pay the full retail price, you might as well get exactly what you want/need.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

That list will be updated once M5/M6 is launched. Ive been trying to find out if it will be updated on 1/18, when pre-orders start, or if we will have to wait until close to 2/1 launch.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

That list will be updated once M5/M6 is launched. Ive been trying to find out if it will be updated on 1/18, when pre-orders start, or if we will have to wait until close to 2/1 launch.

You’d think they would give you the shaft options for pre order?

Weird, no Tour version of the fairway woods this year? I need that smaller head shape.

In fact, they don't even list the head size on their website. I wonder why that is.

Here ya go...perfect size even for you.....

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1695522-taylormade-m5-m6-woods-pics-added-page-46/page__st__2490#entry18451950

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

You’d think they would give you the shaft options for pre order?

Let’s hope so!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Weird, no Tour version of the fairway woods this year? I need that smaller head shape.

In fact, they don't even list the head size on their website. I wonder why that is.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18451950

The adjustable head fairway woods have always been smaller than the other ones.

M1 smaller than M2.

M3 smaller than M4.

So I'm assuming the M5 will be smaller than the M6, but they don't have the M6 sizes listed on TaylorMade's website. I don't like the adjustable versions of the fairway woods.

I'm currently gaming a 2017 M2 Tour 3-wood. Which has a head size of 156cc.

If the new M5 3-wood is 161cc, I can only assume the M6 would be even larger.

If that's true, I have no interest in this year's clubs from TM.

After many custom orders from Taylormade's custom department, I would recommend that if you are considering ordering this way and paying full retail that you go to a reputable clubfitter and have them build you one instead. Quality control, swingweighting, head weighting, etc are just too unpredictable from Taylormade. The whole thing where they just automatically tip every shaft an inch just adds too much uncertainty to your order and if you're going to pay the full retail price, you might as well get exactly what you want/need.

I got fitted at club champion. Which I took advantage of the full bag for half price fitting around Christmas time. Back ground, I haven’t golfed much in the last decade and my clubs are from the early 2000’s. I’m now 35 and can afford the time and money to enjoy the sport more now. I couldn’t justify buying a driver at full retail and then upcharge for shafts I can get direct from taylormade. Ordering from taylormade will get clubs that will be close to ideal for me but also saving $$$$. I can get the irons built to the same specs but probably not as exact as a premium clubfitter. I can get woods shafts that are in the ballpark for what I was fit to. I’m not sure the fitting would have me as dialed in anyways since I was quite rusty in the booth. After a couple years with them, I imagine I can justify doing another fitting and getting clubs dialed in more for me.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18451950

The adjustable head fairway woods have always been smaller than the other ones.

M1 smaller than M2.

M3 smaller than M4.

So I'm assuming the M5 will be smaller than the M6, but they don't have the M6 sizes listed on TaylorMade's website. I don't like the adjustable versions of the fairway woods.

I'm currently gaming a 2017 M2 Tour 3-wood. Which has a head size of 156cc.

If the new M5 3-wood is 161cc, I can only assume the M6 would be even larger.

If that's true, I have no interest in this year's clubs from TM.

Tour versions are smaller than retail and I believe M6 will be smaller than M5

They seem to always be available after first release.

No cost Shaft options are on the taylormade site.

Those "options" are the most depressing part about this lineup, 500 to 550 for a driver and shaft options are weak asf. D-Type for example get 1 high launch shaft, whyyy TaylorMade?

TM will say 365 more sleeps till we offer a real selection of good shafts. Smaller oems have them crushed in this field. It's sad.

As consumers we gotta stop getting excited at mediocre teaser pics and call out the BS. Offer some real deal elite shafts. Enough with the fancy paintjobs and marketing hype. Focus on what actually matters

Ever consider that they just dropped a ton of $$ into a completely new manufacturing process that requires them to test and adjust every head that goes out the door (a process that is sure to be costly both in terms of time and money), and that in order to maintain any kind of healthy margin they have needed to limit the selection of stock shafts to avoid a sticker price in the $600+ range?

Yep considered it. Can still offer better shaft selection. Cool point though

M6 D-Type $500

Do Mizuno make woods?

So I play an 8.5 M4. Is the M6 coming at under 9*?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

M6 D-Type $500

Do Mizuno make woods?

Mizuno is hard to sell because Americans want Americans to buy American.

No cost Shaft options are on the taylormade site.

Those "options" are the most depressing part about this lineup, 500 to 550 for a driver and shaft options are weak asf. D-Type for example get 1 high launch shaft, whyyy TaylorMade?

TM will say 365 more sleeps till we offer a real selection of good shafts. Smaller oems have them crushed in this field. It's sad.

As consumers we gotta stop getting excited at mediocre teaser pics and call out the BS. Offer some real deal elite shafts. Enough with the fancy paintjobs and marketing hype. Focus on what actually matters

Ever consider that they just dropped a ton of $$ into a completely new manufacturing process that requires them to test and adjust every head that goes out the door (a process that is sure to be costly both in terms of time and money), and that in order to maintain any kind of healthy margin they have needed to limit the selection of stock shafts to avoid a sticker price in the $600+ range?

Yep considered it. Can still offer better shaft selection. Cool point though

Guys - here's a sneak peek at all the custom shaft options that will be available when pre-order starts on 1/18. Plenty of cool free options there for you.

I got fitted at club champion. Which I took advantage of the full bag for half price fitting around Christmas time. Back ground, I haven't golfed much in the last decade and my clubs are from the early 2000's. I'm now 35 and can afford the time and money to enjoy the sport more now. I couldn't justify buying a driver at full retail and then upcharge for shafts I can get direct from taylormade. Ordering from taylormade will get clubs that will be close to ideal for me but also saving $$$$. I can get the irons built to the same specs but probably not as exact as a premium clubfitter. I can get woods shafts that are in the ballpark for what I was fit to. I'm not sure the fitting would have me as dialed in anyways since I was quite rusty in the booth. After a couple years with them, I imagine I can justify doing another fitting and getting clubs dialed in more for me.

I know that Club Champion charges a lot for what they offer. It's by far easier to order direct through the OEM. In the past TM custom shop did not make swingweight adjustments. So if you are fit into clubs that are longer or shorter than standard the swingweights could be off. If you are fit for shafts that are counterbalanced, heavier, or lighter than the stock shafts you may end up with wonky swingweights as well. That bothers some people, it doesn't make any difference to others. Just wanted to make sure you knew. It would be a shame to buy brand new shiny irons and then have to put lead tape on them out of the gate. (My lie adjustments through the custom shop were all completed spot on.)

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

M6 D-Type $500

Guarantee you that's wrong regarding one shaft without an upcharge (likely one stock shaft offering for the model). Either way, if you're in the market for an M6 D-Type you've likely got much bigger fish to fry to fix your golf game than which driver shaft you're playing.

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy

M6 D-Type $500

Do Mizuno make woods?

Mizuno is hard to sell because Americans want Americans to buy American.

It really has little to do with that. Even though this is a side-track from this thread's subject, the average consumer buys what they "see". In golf, that means what they see when they watch golf...whether it be in Tour players' hands, or on commercials (with Tour players). That's why TM, Callaway, Titleist spend SO much money with marketing, advertising, and Tour presence. Mizuno has virtually no presence when you are watching golf. And customer's opinions when trying to make these sales back it up...I constantly hear..."well if it's as good as you say, why does no one (Tour players) play this, or say they play it?" I've heard it for years and years.