Reed Unhappy with Jordan and Jim in Interview

Holy Moses

We need to hear Spieth’s side of the story. However, I do agree with Reed about playing more because he lives for this moment similar to Poulter.

Furyk was a bad captain with questionable pairings and that is undeniable given the results. Yes, players have to play, but captains have to captain too. This was a complete failure on all accounts.

Agreed, you have to play Reed over Tiger at least one of those sessions, Tiger had zero energy and drug the team down.

Reed shot in the 80's on Saturday and who knows what else was going on with him behind the scenes, he belonged on the sidelines riding a cart.

• Callaway Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 60X
  • Callaway Epic Max  3W 14.5* Mitsubishi MMT 70X
  • Ping G410 Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
  • Mizuno HMB 4 iron, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 
  • Mizuno MMC 5-PW, KBS $-Taper 130x
  • Titleist Vokey SM7 52F, Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56, and Vokey SM8 60M
  • Odyssey White OG 7s

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to hear Spieth’s side of the story. However, I do agree with Reed about playing more because he lives for this moment similar to Poulter.

Furyk was a bad captain with questionable pairings and that is undeniable given the results. Yes, players have to play, but captains have to captain too. This was a complete failure on all accounts.

Agreed, you have to play Reed over Tiger at least one of those sessions, Tiger had zero energy and drug the team down.

Reed shot in the 80's on Saturday and who knows what else was going on with him behind the scenes, he belonged on the sidelines riding a cart.

I am genuinely wondering if Reed is going down the cry baby route that he is to try and deflect just how pi$$ poor he was on Saturday. His performance was honestly, one of the worst I have ever had the pleasure (it was a pleasure) of watching a Pro produce.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Reed had zero business playing alternate shot. Both of them should have been on the bench.

How do we even know Jordan "refused" to play with Patrick?

Could it have been a simple "Hey Jim, can I try playing with JT this go around?" "Yea, Jordan, that's a solid idea, Patrick can pair up with his idol Tiger. Split one great team into two great teams, should work out well" "Cool, thanks Jim"

Then Patrick Reed pukes all over his Nike's, shoots 80+ in front of his idol and states that YJS REFUSED to play with Patrick, while going 3-1 with JT.

How do we even know Jordan "refused" to play with Patrick?

Could it have been a simple "Hey Jim, can I try playing with JT this go around?" "Yea, Jordan, that's a solid idea, Patrick can pair up with his idol Tiger. Split one great team into two great teams, should work out well" "Cool, thanks Jim"

Then Patrick Reed pukes all over his Nike's, shoots 80+ in front of his idol and states that YJS REFUSED to play with Patrick, while going 3-1 with JT.

Could be that simple - (not saying there couldn't have been a "hey, I've been a good teammate but it's someone else's turn" as well). But could be that simple. The guys are lifelong golf friends after all.

I’m not sure that’s true. Speith and Reed were both showing poor form coming into this Ryder Cup. I wouldn’t consider that pairing a sure thing.

It was never a sure thing, but guys find things in the Ryder Cup (see Sergio) and you at least put them out there in Round 1 and see what happens.

Like Phil? Sorry, couldn't help it!

I try to like him and defend him but Reed seems like more harm than good at this point.

He could have a point, but you don't go sharing it with the media directly after the event.

Reed, you didn't play well enough to complain about anything.

He and his wife seem to have this delusional, entitled attitude that they can do no wrong and it's always someone else's fault.

STILL not a top 5 player.

i am no fan of Reed but I am sure there are a lot of Top 5 players who would trade their top 5 ranking for his Green Jacket....i.e...Lee Westwood, Luke Donald, Colin Montgomerie, Ian Poulter,....insert other names who can't get it done on their own in the majors...need an exhibition to come around every two years to mask the fact they can't close when real tourney's are on the line...(Masters, U.S Open, Open Champ and PGA Champ)

"Dang it, someday we should play together in the Ryder Cup just to screw over some random ANNOYING kid!"

Just added a little there Hawk.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Reed will take any little thing as a slight, dump on everyone, and then somehow he's all the better for it.. If nobody likes him, then it's because he wants it that way.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

"Dang it, someday we should play together in the Ryder Cup just to screw over some random kid!"

Yeah, two kids who grew up playing together get to play together in the Ryder Cup? That should be a great, feel-good story, right? Something you should be proud to see on your team, right? Nice of Mr and Mrs Reed to crap all over it.

I have a hard time seeing how anyone can defend P. Reed at this point. The guy is a classless douchebag.

For whatever reason, we seem to like pariahs in this country at the present moment.

Sometimes pariahs are actually geniuses, but I don't think that is the case with Reed. He's just a douchebag.

He could become the best golfer in the world, and his victories will always be hollow.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Reed has a history of not getting along with his team that stems back to his high school and college days. We can blame his mother, father or wife but at some point he has to make the effort to change the perceptions and build friendships on the Tour if he wants to continue Ryder Cup.

The other guys on the team have to also stop being "Mean Guys" and recognize he makes their team better so they need to put their personal differences aside for a few days if they really want to have the best chance to win.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

If Reed would have played better this would be a non-issue. Tiger was practically carrying Reed in the Foursomes. This sounds like someone (and their wife) blaming someone else to keep from taking the blame them self

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Reed has a history of not getting along with his team that stems back to his high school and college days. We can blame his mother, father or wife but at some point he has to make the effort to change the perceptions and build friendships on the Tour if he wants to continue Ryder Cup.

The other guys on the team have to also stop being "Mean Guys" and recognize he makes their team better so they need to put their personal differences aside for a few days if they really want to have the best chance to win.

Where is any evidence during the week the "other guys on the team" were "mean guys", lol? Nonsense.

"Dang it, someday we should play together in the Ryder Cup just to screw over some random kid!"

Side track-

I thought about that pic yesterday and wondered if their parents ever came close to imagining those two each winning $10mil Fedex cup , pairing Inc a Ryder cup and both being major champs ? Maybe one of or not the most special kid to adult superstar duos ever in sport. I know alt of kids play together In AJGA buy most aren’t as connected as those two seem to have always been.

Anyway. Just an observation.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

From the little I watched, it appeared we gave away as many holes as the Euros won. It was a new and different course, but driving it in the fairway is a pretty standard requirement. Hitting greens is also pretty standard. Not hitting it in the water, hey, I've known that for years. This pairing or that, it comes down to basic execution.

Side track-

I thought about that pic yesterday and wondered if their parents ever came close to imagining those two each winning $10mil Fedex cup , pairing Inc a Ryder cup and both being major champs ? Maybe one of or not the most special kid to adult superstar duos ever in sport. I know alt of kids play together In AJGA buy most aren't as connected as those two seem to have always been.

Dream come true for those guys, we've got something to build on!

My guess is Patrick's wife has a Yoko Ono complex.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

First off I've been a fan of the Ryder Cup since 1989 (bring on the old guy comments). I would love for the US to figure this out and get back to winning on a regular basis, particularly in Europe.

Some observations:

I don't recall the Europeans whining in the media room after their loss in 2016. I feel like after watching the presser yesterday, the American's had a lot of unresolved issues going into the matches.

Reed's comment about sitting him with his Ryder Cup history; he did manage to hit two fairways on the way to shooting 85 so not in the best form. I was glad to see him win his match on Sunday. Going forward he is likely to make teams on points so someone (PGA of America) is going to have to deal with him, and his wife.

Some have said Jim is too close to the players. Davis Love won at the Wyndam one year prior to the 2016 Ryder Cup so I don't think that's a valid argument.

Phil and Tiger are clearly two of the best to ever play the game. Having said that, they have been horrible for the Ryder Cup. Losing teams, losing records. I just don't think there is any way they can be on the 2020 team. Unless of course they make it on points then Stricker will have to deal with it.

On a positive note, I think the future is bright with JT, Finau, Jordan and yes, Bryson.

I love it when a player says other players need to check their egos. Which means they aren't checking theirs. He could use a wife that would tell him to shut up and make birdies rather than get him even more fired up of perceptions about him. Justine is a straight up redneck.

I don't think the captains picks were good given the course setup. I think his use of Phil was totally misplaced in alternate shot. I think playing Tiger in the mornings was wrong given his energy level. Bryson is a bad fit for the course too.

Let's be honest though. No matter the pairings, this Ryder Cup shows how course selection and setup matters a lot. If this had been on a 7700 yard course with light rough, does anyone think Molinari would have even won a match? Or that Tiger, Phil, and Bryson wouldn't have played better? As would JT, DJ, and Koepka. The Euros did it right to win.

Case in point - the US has already selected venues out 8 years. The Euros don't even know their next venue since the one in Rome is uncertain. The right move for the US would be to go as far west as possible to like a Riviera. The Tour plays it every year and they can get the greens moving really fast. And with the Western time zone, maybe the Euros won't have so much spunk. Or Erin Hills which is long and wide open. But the Euros are smart. I expect their captain's picks will have whatever is needed for Whistling Straits in 2 years. Heck, it's like soft links golf anyways. Might as well be in Ireland.

Side track-

I thought about that pic yesterday and wondered if their parents ever came close to imagining those two each winning $10mil Fedex cup , pairing Inc a Ryder cup and both being major champs ? Maybe one of or not the most special kid to adult superstar duos ever in sport. I know alt of kids play together In AJGA buy most aren't as connected as those two seem to have always been.

Dream come true for those guys, we've got something to build on!

That is one of the only silver linings in this debacle. Finau and Simpson are the others.

I love it when a player says other players need to check their egos. Which means they aren't checking theirs. He could use a wife that would tell him to shut up and make birdies rather than get him even more fired up of perceptions about him. Justine is a straight up redneck.

I don't think the captains picks were good given the course setup. I think his use of Phil was totally misplaced in alternate shot. I think playing Tiger in the mornings was wrong given his energy level. Bryson is a bad fit for the course too.

Let's be honest though. No matter the pairings, this Ryder Cup shows how course selection and setup matters a lot. If this had been on a 7700 yard course with light rough, does anyone think Molinari would have even won a match? Or that Tiger, Phil, and Bryson wouldn't have played better? As would JT, DJ, and Koepka. The Euros did it right to win.

Case in point - the US has already selected venues out 8 years. The Euros don't even know their next venue since the one in Rome is uncertain. The right move for the US would be to go as far west as possible to like a Riviera. The Tour plays it every year and they can get the greens moving really fast. And with the Western time zone, maybe the Euros won't have so much spunk. Or Erin Hills which is long and wide open. But the Euros are smart. I expect their captain's picks will have whatever is needed for Whistling Straits in 2 years.

Yeah. I was thinking Riv or Olympic could work nicely.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black