Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

TXG F9 Driver fitting video Jan 31st. Should be interesting

TLDR, fastest ball speeds Matt has ever had... This might have convinced me to get one lol.

I called DD's though and they don't offer my shaft of choice, so that's... sort of good. Means I'm still not 100% tempted to buy one lol.

I really want to see an F9 Tour comparison to LTD fairway and LTD pro vs F9.

I did a LTD Pro/F9 driver comparison a few pages back. TLDR same shaft ltd gave me highest ball speed but averages were almost identical. Ltd spun less, f9 more forgiving. Ltd felt a little softer off the face for me. More testing needed.

I won't be buying one because I just bought the ltd but it was excellent.

Ah I must have missed it/forgotten. This thread is moving fast.

Yeah I think honestly the LTD is a unicorn...center strikes are probably keeping right up with F9 but I would imagine F9 maybe marginally higher on forgiveness. Honestly, that's all I really expect/need from a driver anyway. I was getting really good speeds out of this club already, nearly perfect efficiency... can't expect much more. Only way might be if I swung F9 faster which... with a lighter head and "aerodynamics" maybe that's possible. My weakness in my game isn't driving really, it's short game, especially putting. I've had a many rounds in the 80's last year with 38 and 39 putts. Granted I could blame that on bad iron shots...

Anyway, I'm trying my very very best to hold off lol. As you can see... it's not easy.

I watched the TXG review...also watched plenty of others. TXG guy was the only one to see such dramatic ball speed increases, which were largely from swinging the club faster. With many of the slower swinging players it was marginal...maybe 1-2mph max in terms of ball speed. So I wonder if it really is the Aero. Aerodynamic drag increases with the square of velocity, so I wonder if faster swingers will benefit from it most. I top at 113-115 max so I may not see the same gains as someone consistently swinging 120+

True...that's a very solid point. I think I remember another user on here (quiggley something or other...) saying how he tested and thought higher CHS players would see the most benefit. I'm in your CHS range, too, but I have aspirations of 170+ ball speed this year, so 120 isn't out of the question.

More than anything, I could not believe how much speed he retained on a few of those poor strikes. On my old M2 I would literally lose 10mph ball speed on anything remotely heel struck.

TXG F9 Driver fitting video Jan 31st. Should be interesting

TLDR, fastest ball speeds Matt has ever had... This might have convinced me to get one lol.

I called DD's though and they don't offer my shaft of choice, so that's... sort of good. Means I'm still not 100% tempted to buy one lol.

I did a LTD Pro/F9 driver comparison a few pages back. TLDR same shaft ltd gave me highest ball speed but averages were almost identical. Ltd spun less, f9 more forgiving. Ltd felt a little softer off the face for me. More testing needed.

I won't be buying one because I just bought the ltd but it was excellent.

Ah I must have missed it/forgotten. This thread is moving fast.

Yeah I think honestly the LTD is a unicorn...center strikes are probably keeping right up with F9 but I would imagine F9 maybe marginally higher on forgiveness. Honestly, that's all I really expect/need from a driver anyway. I was getting really good speeds out of this club already, nearly perfect efficiency... can't expect much more. Only way might be if I swung F9 faster which... with a lighter head and "aerodynamics" maybe that's possible. My weakness in my game isn't driving really, it's short game, especially putting. I've had a many rounds in the 80's last year with 38 and 39 putts. Granted I could blame that on bad iron shots...

Anyway, I'm trying my very very best to hold off lol. As you can see... it's not easy.

I watched the TXG review...also watched plenty of others. TXG guy was the only one to see such dramatic ball speed increases, which were largely from swinging the club faster. With many of the slower swinging players it was marginal...maybe 1-2mph max in terms of ball speed. So I wonder if it really is the Aero. Aerodynamic drag increases with the square of velocity, so I wonder if faster swingers will benefit from it most. I top at 113-115 max so I may not see the same gains as someone consistently swinging 120+

I really struggled to get swing speed up with F9. I swung around 107mph on two separate occasions. Other clubs averaged 109mph first time and 110-111 second time.

Best to go get fit and not buy simply based on reviews. The smash factor was highest with Cobra, which kind of leads me to believe trackman wasn't capturing CHS properly. That said, I still got higher ball speeds with other clubs.

I may still buy an F9 to test in real world on course. It was consistently long on the LM, but all over the place.

FYI, you can still get the LTD Pro adapter and they will work for the F9. This will allow you to set the driver to Fade setting which is flatter. Something to think about if folks are missing left.

Excellent point. I forgot to mention that the fade setting on the LTD Pro adapter WORKS. Turned my left miss into a soft draw with both drivers in my comparison. A couple I swore would be a 50 yard hook turned out to be just slightly left. Again, shaft plays a big part too.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Give me some time and I can do just that.

LTD Pro && F9 w/ Tensei Tour AV proto

LTD 3/4 && F9 Tour 3/4 w/ ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke 6.5

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

FYI, you can still get the LTD Pro adapter and they will work for the F9. This will allow you to set the driver to Fade setting which is flatter. Something to think about if folks are missing left.

Excellent point. I forgot to mention that the fade setting on the LTD Pro adapter WORKS. Turned my left miss into a soft draw with both drivers in my comparison. A couple I swore would be a 50 yard hook turned out to be just slightly left. Again, shaft plays a big part too.

Works on the LTD Pro but I’m not sure putting an Pro adapter into the “fade” setting makes the F9 fade biased. I’m under the impression the adapters are actually the same with different markings.

I have 4 different Cobra shafts for my LTD Pro and F7+ after some issues with stock (long story but I bought an F7+ and the shaft was broken and somehow with Cobras awesome customer service I ended up with 3 different shafts at no cost after months of back and forth).

4 shafts have 3 different adjustment settings: 7-10 deg with fade, 8-11 and 9-12 with draw. They’re all the same adapter with different label as told to me by the rep. It’s the head shape that determines the actual draw or fade bias.

Aka

LTD Pro adapter “fade” = F7/8/9 “neutral”

LTD Pro adapter “neutral” = F7/8/9 “draw”

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Works on the LTD Pro but Im not sure putting an Pro adapter into the fade setting makes the F9 fade biased. Im under the impression the adapters are actually the same with different markings.

I have 4 different Cobra shafts for my LTD Pro and F7+ after some issues with stock (long story but I bought an F7+ and the shaft was broken and somehow with Cobras awesome customer service I ended up with 3 different shafts at no cost after months of back and forth).

4 shafts have 3 different adjustment settings: 7-10 deg with fade, 8-11 and 9-12 with draw. Theyre all the same adapter with different label as told to me by the rep. Its the head shape that determines the actual draw or fade bias.

Aka

LTD Pro adapter fade = F7/8/9 neutral

LTD Pro adapter neutral = F7/8/9 draw

This is correct.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Not to mention now they use Std, -1, +1 so there are at least 4 MyFLY adapters that are interchangeable.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Works on the LTD Pro but I’m not sure putting an Pro adapter into the “fade” setting makes the F9 fade biased. I’m under the impression the adapters are actually the same with different markings.

4 shafts have 3 different adjustment settings: 7-10 deg with fade, 8-11 and 9-12 with draw. They’re all the same adapter with different label as told to me by the rep. It’s the head shape that determines the actual draw or fade bias.

Aka

I think you're right. It definitely seemed to work on the F9, though. Placebo maybe?

Aka

I think you're right. It definitely seemed to work on the F9, though. Placebo maybe?

My bad. I thought the Pro adapter acted like Ping’s new adapter or PXGs adapter. Those have true flat settings which do the opposite of draw and flatten the lie angle. I was almost sure there are adapters used by the Cobra tour staff that will flatten the lie as well. Maybe I am not remembering correctly.

If anyone on this site orders directly from the Cobra site or calls them to order directly, YOU ARE THROWING AWAY A LOT OF MONEY.

Order from an independent small shop that can play with the price a bit.... You will NOT have to pay $449 for one.

Does DD's carry VA Composite shafts?

I might be able to get one. Pm me

Nothing is safe in my bag!

It’s just one mans opinion here but I think we play launch monitor on WRX more than we play golf. The real test for me is ALWAYS on the green grass.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

It’s just one mans opinion here but I think we play launch monitor on WRX more than we play golf. The real test for me is ALWAYS on the green grass.

Completely agree. I have been guilty of this multiple times. This is the main reason I am sticking with the G400 LST for this upcoming season. It is not as low spin as other "low spin" offerings, but on the course it is the most accurate driver I have ever hit. I am willing to give up the occasional bomb for slighlty more spin on a toe miss to keep it in play.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours away from watching Matty get fit w the F9 after recording 5 mph more ball speeds than any other driver avg speeds. Going to be interesting to see his distance and dispersion numbers once completed. TWX reviews are so much better than others out there for those of us that look at numbers. Like others in here I find myself looking at buying another one....maybe the Avalanche white w matte top just to switch it up some. I need an intervention .

2 hours away from watching Matty get fit w the F9 after recording 5 mph more ball speeds than any other driver avg speeds. Going to be interesting to see his distance and dispersion numbers once completed. TWX reviews are so much better than others out there for those of us that look at numbers. Like others in here I find myself looking at buying another one....maybe the Avalanche white w matte top just to switch it up some. I need an intervention .

I got my reminder set. Looking forward to it.

We're here for you buddy... just remember, every time you think of buying a driver, do you breathing. Maybe we should set up weekly meetings??

The white with the matte top is money, looks so good in person and setting up to the ball

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Blue+ 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52F & SM10 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Hummm. Funny you say that.

I was a professional instructor and fitter in the 90’s and I have Used a launch monitor exactly ONCE for fitting myself in the last 20 years, and that was 4 years ago at an outdoor demo day. If I can’t see the actual ball flight outside I don’t want to bother with it. I’ve been playing long enough to know what my ideal ball flight should look like.

I will probably go down to Miles of golf this spring when it warms up a little and hit on their monitors onto the range at their “cluboratory”. Do my own shaft testing. I’ll just bring a few of the shafts that I know have worked well for me over the last few years and see which one actually gives me the best numbers. I’ll have an LTD head and an F9 head with the weight adjusted up to where I need it to play them at 43.5” and perhaps 4 or 5 different shafts with Cobra tips.

Simple test. If the F9 beats the LTD it goes in the bag, if not, it goes on BST.

This is where I stop reading this thread until I watch the video. Then come back to discuss.