2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Wouldn't it be good when they do a review like this producing this kind of results if they would hit some balls with something else to see what numbers the tester was getting on that particular day with another club?

Agreed. They essentially did what you suggest in the previous video comparing F8 to F9.

That’s what led to this video. Matt had 5.4 mph higher ball speeds with the F9 but he was not comfortable with the set up and thought he would have Even better results if things were fine tuned a bit.

...and presto, he was right.

After hitting the F9 driver I figured might as well try the three wood. That thing felt great and traveled. The face is milled on that also so I’m sure that helps with feeling. So I’m going to order that when Cobra gets the shaft I want back in stock.

On the 3 wood front, don’t forget Discount Dans. The deal is even better on this one than the driver from a % standpoint. Mine is on the way.

No doubt I’ll be ordering from DD. If Cobra ever gets my shaft back in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

This video is forcing me to go get fit and order a cobra...dam.

:cheesy:

Oh, I'm sorry. You meant get fit for a Cobra ? My bad. I took it as you demoing different clubs.

BTW, vis-a-vis this latest video. I certainly can't relate to those ball speeds and carry distances but did you guys (who can relate) notice that,,,,,,,,,,,,

a) His smash factor was nowhere near 1.5 (which could either be a good thing or a bad thing - LOL)

b) While he nailed half his drives right down the center line, the other half of his shots were 30-45 yards OFF line ? (Or don't you care ? :D )

I mean don't get me wrong. If I can get the roughly 2% ball speed improvement he got on his "personal best" (185 vs. 181+) that would make me notice, even at my SS. But personal best isn't what I look at. Average center strike is what I look at. PB doesn't happen all that often. ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Oh, I'm sorry. You meant get fit for a Cobra ? My bad. I took it as you demoing different clubs.

BTW, vis-a-vis this latest video. I certainly can't relate to those ball speeds and carry distances but did you guys (who can relate) notice that,,,,,,,,,,,,

a) His smash factor was nowhere near 1.5 (which could either be a good thing or a bad thing - LOL)

b) While he nailed half his drives right down the center line, the other half of his shots were 30-45 yards OFF line ? (Or don't you care ? :D )

I mean don't get me wrong. If I can get the roughly 2% ball speed improvement he got on his "personal best" (185 vs. 181+) that would make me notice, even at my SS. But personal best isn't what I look at. Average center strike is what I look at. PB doesn't happen all that often. ;)

Did you actually what the video of all his shots on the combo he ended up with? Basically everyone was fairway all day except one he pulled right

This is going to look great in my bag next year after I buy used.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

I think the crazy thing about TXG is that Matty doesn't even look like a fast swinger but damn he pounds the ball a mile. Every time I watch one of their videos it gives me false hope I can get my own numbers back up there again.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I spent an hour at TXG's facility in Toronto yesterday going through a putter fitting. Had a good chat with Ian about the Cobra F9 and he is over the moon about the product's capabilities. Excellent people who know their stuff.

My son is a fitter in their Burlington facility and he did my putter fitting in Toronto. My initial data yielded this comment:

"Those are the worst putter readings I've ever seen." :cheesy:

It was soon corrected by ball position, more toe hang, and 2* of loft. :taunt:

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I saw in here somewhere that guys were ordering the Atmos TS black 6...…...I see now that Cobra is not listing that shaft....I guess this would mean it is out of stock.

Shucks....I ordered one with Atmos TS Black Stiff Monday. Guess I need to check and see if they are getting it out this week. Damn you wogbon I was planning on having it early next week when temps hit mid 60's here.... and I just sold my other driver to pay for this thing on the bay and dropped off at USPS yesterday...plz get mine out Cobra!! Driverless in VA

I saw in here somewhere that guys were ordering the Atmos TS black 6...…...I see now that Cobra is not listing that shaft....I guess this would mean it is out of stock.

Shucks....I ordered one with Atmos TS Black Stiff Monday. Guess I need to check and see if they are getting it out this week. Damn you wogbon I was planning on having it early next week when temps hit mid 60's here....

I would say if they had it when you ordered you would be OK...….I know Cobra had it on their site and I didn't see it this morning.....A few days ago, DD's said I could get it, but looking at my email, I see I didn't specify the 6 or the 7. I didn't order, just got a price.

My driver actually just shipped. Just got the email

When did you order?

Shucks....I ordered one with Atmos TS Black Stiff Monday. Guess I need to check and see if they are getting it out this week. Damn you wogbon I was planning on having it early next week when temps hit mid 60's here....

I would say if they had it when you ordered you would be OK...….I know Cobra had it on their site and I didn't see it this morning.....A few days ago, DD's said I could get it, but looking at my email, I see I didn't specify the 6 or the 7. I didn't order, just got a price.

Thanks for that information... Just excited and having some fun!

My driver actually just shipped. Just got the email

When did you order?

Thanks for that information... Just excited and having some fun!

Monday Thru DD. Tour Length hzrdus black white head

Did you actually what the video of all his shots on the combo he ended up with? Basically everyone was fairway all day except one he pulled right

To be honest, no, I didn't. But I expect, with enough resources (and ca$h), most really good players can get most anything to work for them. Maybe not the longest driver but it'll still work.

I'm more investigative than the average golfer but even *I*, even with so much time on my hands, won't try the exotic combinations and/or spend the time, & especially money, to get as "properly" fit as the guy on the video - then again they're making money doing what they're doing, not spending it.

I have the time, but not the money or curiosity to go "all out" as these guys can/do. I will try any stock or upcharge shaft on the rack but I'm not going to Club Champion.

Perhaps the gentlemen going "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" about this driver have all the time, money and resources to do all this investigative work to find the same combo the guy in the video did ? Or they can afford to buy and later sell all sorts of shafts until they get it just right ?

Maybe. And the best of luck to them. :good:

Point is (I guess) is that many drivers work for many different people and just because it provides great numbers for one doesn't mean it will for everybody. So while these videos are definitely interesting, I don't personally put quite so much weight on them.

Justin Rose outdrove John Rahm all weekend at Torrey Pines. Is anyone (but me :lol: ) talking about the Honma driver ? Nope. Oh well. :)

Ping Glide Pro 48*

To be honest, no, I didn't. But I expect, with enough resources (and ca$h), most really good players can get most anything to work for them. Maybe not the longest driver but it'll still work.

I'm more investigative than the average golfer but even *I*, even with so much time on my hands, won't try the exotic combinations and/or spend the time, & especially money, to get as "properly" fit as the guy on the video - then again they're making money doing what they're doing, not spending it.

I have the time, but not the money or curiosity to go "all out" as these guys can/do. I will try any stock or upcharge shaft on the rack but I'm not going to Club Champion.

Perhaps the gentlemen going "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" about this driver have all the time, money and resources to do all this investigative work to find the same combo the guy in the video did ? Or they can afford to buy and later sell all sorts of shafts until they get it just right ?

Maybe. And the best of luck to them. :good:

Point is (I guess) is that many drivers work for many different people and just because it provides great numbers for one doesn't mean it will for everybody. So while these videos are definitely interesting, I don't personally put quite so much weight on them.

Justin Rose outdrove John Rahm all weekend at Torrey Pines. Is anyone (but me :lol: ) talking about the Honma driver ? Nope. Oh well. :)

Now Just think how much further Rose would have out drove Rahm if he had the F9...........

I spent an hour at TXG's facility in Toronto yesterday going through a putter fitting. Had a good chat with Ian about the Cobra F9 and he is over the moon about the product's capabilities. Excellent people who know their stuff.

My son is a fitter in their Burlington facility and he did my putter fitting in Toronto. My initial data yielded this comment:

"Those are the worst putter readings I've ever seen." :cheesy:

It was soon corrected by ball position, more toe hang, and 2* of loft. :taunt:

That's hilarious. Probably meanest thing I've ever heard a Canadian say!!

To me what's craziest is how much distance and speed Matt kept on low strikes. Generally they are so horrible due to gear effect... but he was still getting miles of distance. I won't be buying one new, but... I don't think at this point I can pass up the chance to buy one used in a few months.

Interesting.

Did Rickie just change this week to a graphite design tour AD Di black in his F9??

Watching the tourney right now and that’s what he’s got in the bag.

Cobra site still says IZ but I could swear I just saw a Di.

They are practically the same shaft

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

You wont typically see 1.5 on GC Quad like you can easily do 1.5-1.52 on Trackman. Ball speed is king.

And you should really watch the entire video, as well as the rest of the videos these guys have. The guy is extremely consistent and hits it a ton, his "average" with mis-hits with the F9 is better than a nutted one with just about everything recently released. He hit one square off the leading edge and it still had 178mph ball speed

Being skeptical is fine, but at least give it more than a quick browse and review all the data before getting super critical

You wont typically see 1.5 on GC Quad like you can easily do 1.5-1.52 on Trackman. Ball speed is king.

And you should really watch the entire video, as well as the rest of the videos these guys have. The guy is extremely consistent and hits it a ton, his "average" with mis-hits with the F9 is better than a nutted one with just about everything recently released. He hit one square off the leading edge and it still had 178mph ball speed

Being skeptical is fine, but at least give it more than a quick browse and review all the data before getting super critical

Well, you're right about watching the whole thing. I believe I admitted as much. But I'd disagree about being "super" critical.

I only saw the first 3 shafts with some club head weight tweaking. I have no doubt the guy got "perfectly" by the end. And I agree the numbers are impressive.

I hit the F9 some weeks ago and was suitably impressed at the time although I haven't hit it again. I hit these in sims when the store isn't busy so nobody bothers me. And I seldom spend a lot of time testing multiple heads and shafts at the same time.

I also haven't eliminated any of the new clubs yet except maybe the M5. I just don't seem to get any good results with TM products. Maybe just a psychological thing (even though 1 of my best drivers ever was a TM). :dntknw:

I guess my whole point is about my surprise over such knowledgeable guys here going overboard over a video.

We've got a scratch player here who's brought down the Cobra site buying so many of them. :cheesy:

After all, the average reader here ISN'T quite so knowledgeable and I guess I'd like to add a little perspective before a lot of them go out spending their ca$h for something that might not work for them. Sort of a PSA if you will. :D

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Well, you're right about watching the whole thing. I believe I admitted as much. But I'd disagree about being "super" critical.

I only saw the first 3 shafts with some club head weight tweaking. I have no doubt the guy got "perfectly" by the end. And I agree the numbers are impressive.

I hit the F9 some weeks ago and was suitably impressed at the time although I haven't hit it again. I hit these in sims when the store isn't busy so nobody bothers me. And I seldom spend a lot of time testing multiple heads and shafts at the same time.

I also haven't eliminated any of the new clubs yet except maybe the M5. I just don't seem to get any good results with TM products. Maybe just a psychological thing (even though 1 of my best drivers ever was a TM). :dntknw:

I guess my whole point is about my surprise over such knowledgeable guys here going overboard over a video.

We've got a scratch player here who's brought down the Cobra site buying so many of them. :cheesy:

After all, the average reader here ISN'T quite so knowledgeable and I guess I'd like to add a little perspective before a lot of them go out spending their ca$h for something that might not work for them. Sort of a PSA if you will. :D

I think that is what is causing a stir. I actually think most of the folks here are extremely knowledgeable, know the delta from release to release is pretty small, know CORs have been maxed for years, so for these guys to see such gains and forgiveness is a bit of an eye opener.

"Knowledgeable"? Might want to step down off that cross. Most seem knowledgeable within this thread. I've never retailed clubs but I'd wager golfing knowledge due to playing the game since the 70s. It was a great video and the point of it in case anyone missed it, is that this particular golfer and fitter had never seen speeds like this until the creation of the F9. That's pretty big news on a social media website. If not news or excitement then what's the point of this or any other site that focuses on golf.