Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Demo arrived today so hopefully the snow melts tomorrow. I have had some good results with a higher loft head and low launch shaft, so we’ll see if that continues with the F9. Look at address is great, head looks small and sleek and the shape is excellent (some of the past Cobra drivers have had more triangular-ness than I prefer).

A note on my experience with the Atmos - Black is stout but in a good way. I found it to feel a little more crisp and more one-piece than past Fujikura shafts I’ve tried. You’ll quickly know if you tip too much as it became a bit unmanageable, and although it was super accurate, it was a lot of work for me. I expected the blue to be similar but it was much looser in comparison, but I was never able to try it with any tipping. Both were 6x.

Its funny you mention the blue compared to the black and I found the same thing in stiff. The blue felt like a noodle and the Black was perfect. This was after I ordered my club and was looking over the clubs at a GG while waiting and was scared when they only had a blue 6s on the rack and as I waggled it andI was like holy crap (this thing is flimsy) and was hoping my black doesn't feel that way when it shows up. Called my pro and he said don't worry you tested the black and if it's not like the one you demoed I'll swap the shafts. Good write up

Any idea how the black 7 stacks up against the black 6?

Pretty sure I had a Black 7x last year that I tried out for a couple weeks in a 3w. If I recall most reports were that the 70g Atmos were noticeably stiffer than the 60g version, especially in the black. I was surprised by it in the 3w though, it launched higher than I expected but didn’t spin enough for me to work in a fairway. Would be amazing in a strong 3w. I don’t recall if it was tipped, but Fujikura is a little unique in that they don’t recommend tipping in D or 3W, so YMMV there and may take some experimenting.

Order placed, thank you DD for making the decision easier!

If I ever decide to buy new clubs... DD's is the clear choice.

By the way another youtuber, Ali Taylor, tested flash v m5 v f9 v 410. F9 WINNNNNNERRRR!! WOOOO

Hummm. Interesting. Another speed confirmation.

Here it is for those that dont want to search

FYI mine should be here in a couple days. I went 10.5 with Atmos black.

I’ll give my .02 on the shaft.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

I ordered mine sight unseen. because I have owned every cobra driver since the bio cell. ordered from DD, special order, F9 9 degree avalanche with helium shaft. will arrive in less than a week. I live in CA, so only 2 day shipping,

Sold my F8 a month ago.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

OK, gonna pull the trigger. Just don't know what shaft FUUUU.

Help me out here guys. 161-165 ball speed, quick/hard transition, was just fit into the speeder evolution V 757X. Was thinking Atmos TS Blue 7X but not sure if any of the options might be better. I fight a hook if that matters.

Here is Fujikura's answers to some questions asked them to compare the Evolution V vs. the Atmost TS in a live chat from a while back:

"EVO V will launch higher but have similar spin to Atmos TS Blue. Atmos is part of the Tour Spec lineup of shafts which has a much stiffer handle, mid, and tip. Atmos TS shafts are for the player that loads it aggressively from the top. You’ll have a smoother feel with EVO V. The Fuel and XLR8 shafts had a softer midsection and provided more kickspeed for certain swing types."

"ATMOS TS Red has a stiffer handle section for someone with a harder load, and TS red should spin more than the EVO 5."

"We touched on this with someone else's question, but main difference is materials and handle stiffness."

Sounds like the Atmos will feel a bit stiffer in the handle, give you similar spin numbers, and launch a bit lower.

I'd go with the Blue if you want an Evo type feel. No tipping.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

If you order from DD, will they do the Tour length (44.5 inches) with the heavier weights, like the Cobra website?

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

If you order from DD, will they do the Tour length (44.5 inches) with the heavier weights, like the Cobra website?

They order the club from Cobra and it is drop shipped to you. So, anything that Cobra offers is on the table.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Just ordered the F9 Tour length in avalanche on the Cobra site.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

Dude. Have you not been reading this thread? We are trying to help each other. Order from a local mom and pop shop or from DD.

The small shops are selling them For substantially less than MSRP.

For real, I spit out my drink when DD gave me the price on the hybrid.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Dude. Have you not been reading this thread? We are trying to help each other. Order from a local mom and pop shop or from DD.

No, I didn't read the whole thread. Just been seeing a lot of good reviews online, and I am a Cobra fan. I also see Cobra as an under dog, compared to the other big golf companies, so I kind of pull for them.

LEFT HANDED

No, I didn't read the whole thread. Just been seeing a lot of good reviews online, and I am a Cobra fan. I also see Cobra as an under dog, compared to the other big golf companies, so I kind of pull for them.

Ok. Just letting you know that there are lots of places that will sell them for less than Cobra list price.

For real, I spit out my drink when DD gave me the price on the hybrid.

DDs is by far the best in the business!

Ok. Just letting you know that there are lots of places that will sell them for less than Cobra list price.

I do appreciate it. I am juggling a lot of things right now (working etc.) and just went with Cobra, since I could order it immediately in the left handed Tour length, without having to call and speak with anyone. On a different day, I would cancel and order through DD but tonight, it was an impulse buy and I have to go back to work.

LEFT HANDED

You'll be happy with it either way Mob. If the driver doesn't work for you, I think resale prices this year will be very good compared to the TM and Callaway buyers paying 500+ for their drivers.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

It’s going to be 60* plus the next 4 days here in Oklahoma so I’m going to be testing my F9 out quite a bit. Unfortunately 2 weeks now and they still haven’t sent me the correct weights that were supposed to be in my original order. I have an 18g, 14g, 10g and 2g. It was supposed to come with 14g, 6g 2g but came with 18g and 10g. Once the 6g comes I’ll be able to really get it dialed in.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Man everyone placing orders on these things like it’s a cheap purchase. I’m scheduled for a Cobra fitting so hopefully I can get my specs and give dd a call. Right now I’m thinking 10.5 head in white with atmos ts black 7x.

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 6X

Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana S+ 80TX

Titleist 818H1 19, 23 Atmos TS Blue 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-SW Modus3 120S

Taylormade MyHiToe LW Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Triple Wide 

Just got shipping notification for the order I placed on Wednesday (was supposed to ship next week). I saw the weights on Cobras site, but has anyone had luck with them just sending you one or two if you already ordered a driver? $25 is a bit steep per weight and they have been pretty cool with sending out the small parts in the past by just calling to ask.

Hit the F9 3/4 last night into my woods. Extremely excited for golf season to get here. I feel like that club could be special. Awesome sound/feel, ball flight looks so explosive.

Have the Atmos TS Blue 7s, the 7x would probably be a better fit, may see if I can find someone to that wants to swap.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

I hit the single length hybrid yesterday and was really impressed how easy it was to hit and the feel was great. 21 degree with a regular flex was all they had so was leaving them right but the flight was identical shot after shot. Going one length irons and may put a few of these in play.

I briefly played a F8 OL 4 hybrid last year and liked it for the most part. There were times it felt too short and would throw me off (probably a mental thing). I really wish somebody would produce iron length hybrids (to match steel shaft lengths).

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Fitting is extremely important. I got fitted for my F8+ a year ago and i had a whole other swing back then since i had just barely started. Got fitted with a stiff aldila 65 green shaft to lower the shots. Nowdays i hit much more down on the ball. I tried the F9 with atmos blue regular shaft and i gained like 5mph ballspeed and around 20 yards carry. I am getting a custom fit for this driver next saturday and i just cant wait to see the results.

Return your Cobra order and call DDs. It's a very substantial difference between Cobra direct and them. That way A) you support local small guys, B) you still support Cobra and C) you save $$.

anyone wanna speculate on why the f8 and f9 hybrids are fixed hosel? did they not sell enough f7 hybrids because you could adjust them so much?

I LOVE that I can chang my gapping aroind as needed with the f7s and they prob aren’t going anywhere for a while because of it. I can pull an iron and loft the hybrids up or add one and crank em down.

just wish the f9 adjusted. maybe the f10s will have the milled face and they’ll go back to a neck sleeve.

Return your Cobra order and call DDs. It's a very substantial difference between Cobra direct and them. That way A) you support local small guys, B) you still support Cobra and C) you save $$.

Yes, good point

LEFT HANDED

Regarding DD and Cobra... I placed an order through DD for F9 irons on Monday, Cobra shipped Tuesday, and I received Friday. Unreal turn time to go with friendly pricing.

Rogue ST Max 9 Degree Tensei AV White 65x
G400 3 Wood Tour75x

Sub70 699U 2 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
PXG 0211DC 5-GW Tour Elevate x
PXG 0311 52 & 58 Tour Elevate x
Taylormade Spider X

I do not know, never hit the Black 7

I hit one at my local shop and then out at the range with the black 7X. My swing speed is typically 105-107 and that thing felt really boardy. I hit it straight but kept leaving it out left (lefty here). I tried the blue is 6S and I agree with whoever above that said it felt like a noodle. Those were the only two viable options available so going to have to get them to order a black in 6X and see how that one works.

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black