Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

You guys need to chill, I have finally found something with driver and now I’m feeling the urge to ho for this or the TS2 when I absolutely do not need a new driver.

Stop belly aching and get out the credit card!

I have My LTD, a TS3, and a ST 180 in the bag right now waiting to do a test with the F9 I’m going to borrow from my favorite shop tomorrow.

If it wins or ties, it gets ordered and the TS3 and Mizzy go up for sale. LTD stays no matter what. It’s my buddy.

I'll take speed all day. You can change spin and launch by manipulating the club head a bit (add weight in places, shaft changes, loft changes) but you can't add ball speed.

Besides, most OEM's are adding distance by lowering spin. That's a dangerous line to walk because that only works well for higher speed guys, and also for guys who don't struggle turning the ball over. That 1800 spin bomb is literally a few degrees away from being a 220 yard duck hook OB.

Manipulate the head and you may change where you consistently hit the clubface which could alter speed. Heads that are within 1 mph of each other means none of them are better on speed.

You guys need to chill, I have finally found something with driver and now I’m feeling the urge to ho for this or the TS2 when I absolutely do not need a new driver.

Stop belly aching and get out the credit card!

I have My LTD, a TS3, and a ST 180 in the bag right now waiting to do a test with the F9 I’m going to borrow from my favorite shop tomorrow.

If it wins or ties, it gets ordered and the TS3 and Mizzy go up for sale. LTD stays no matter what. It’s my buddy.

Very interested to hear your results.

Just got fitted into the f9 and thought I’d share my findings below.

Handicap: between +1 and 1

Swing speed: old driver 116mph with f9 119mph

Old driver: 9* Ping G driver w/ tour 65x

Fit into: 10.5 f9 with 6.5 smoke shaft

Despite my swing speed I have always been classed as low launch/low spin for a stock shot.

Over the last 2 years nothing’s been able to beat the ping out. Cobra f8+ At 10.5 Beat it out in terms of ball speed and launch but not dispersion last year, but didn’t pull the trigger as it went a little too left on me.

Went into the fitting and started with my ping with pretty solid numbers for me. Around 116 SS, 9* launch. 260m carry (I only care about carry due to my courses soft conditions)

Started with the 9 degree fastback which yielded faster ball speed and more distance, but was a little low for my liking. Moved to the 10.5 degree head and voila! Carry distance went up to 270m and launch went up 3 degrees to 12.1* with spin staying the same as the ping (around 2000). Ball speed was up 3mph on the ping.

Never thought I’d move away from ping due to the forgiveness, but this f9 is the real deal. Low heel shots weren’t too far off centre and retained great ball speed.

Any questions please shoot them through!

Replying to my own post.

Unfortunately I had to let the F9 go.

Played 3 rounds + a range session with it and I couldn't keep it off the left side of the course.

Tried lead tape, opening the face but nothing worked. Violent snap hooks.

Had to setup like I was trying to hit a 40 yard slice to keep relatively straight and doing that it felt like a glancing blow.

Despite my swing speed I have always been classed as low launch/low spin for a stock shot.

Over the last 2 years nothing’s been able to beat the ping out. Cobra f8+ At 10.5 Beat it out in terms of ball speed and launch but not dispersion last year, but didn’t pull the trigger as it went a little too left on me.

Went into the fitting and started with my ping with pretty solid numbers for me. Around 116 SS, 9* launch. 260m carry (I only care about carry due to my courses soft conditions)

Started with the 9 degree fastback which yielded faster ball speed and more distance, but was a little low for my liking. Moved to the 10.5 degree head and voila! Carry distance went up to 270m and launch went up 3 degrees to 12.1* with spin staying the same as the ping (around 2000). Ball speed was up 3mph on the ping.

Never thought I’d move away from ping due to the forgiveness, but this f9 is the real deal. Low heel shots weren’t too far off centre and retained great ball speed.

Replying to my own post.

Played 3 rounds + a range session with it and I couldn't keep it off the left side of the course.

Had to setup like I was trying to hit a 40 yard slice to keep relatively straight and doing that it felt like a glancing blow.

Pains me to say it also but having trouble finding a comfortable set up with it, dropped the loft, different shaft and still struggling with a left miss. The weight of the head feels heavy to me also, going to try a few different weight options but right now it’s just not working

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Anybody switch to the F9 from the Rogue SZ? I've got the Evenflow stiff now and it's virtually eliminated my left miss but it seems a bit too wieldy for me but it's been a fairway finder. I'm in "like but not love" mode right now, but I feel I'm being a bit nitpicky given all the fairways I hit with it. 90 mph ss.

Wondering if the F9 in a stiff shaft but a lighter weight might give me a bit more speed so I can gain a few yards without bringing left back into play. Looking at the Hazardous Smoke 60 in stiff. Hmmm...

... Being old school I love the gloss yellow head. But all my drivers in recent memory have had a white alignment logo and I was not a fan of the yellow. No doubt I could have gotten used to it after a few rounds but I used some paint fill and traced the Cobra logo. Looks pretty bad up close but at address it looks like a normal logo. I am also playing mine at 44.25" with the 18gm weight in the rear.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Barring anything crazy in the next few minutes, we're looking at another win for F9 and Cobra in 2019.

good enough for me....lol

I just ordered a white one at 46" with Atmos Black7

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Replying to my own post.

Pains me to say it also but having trouble finding a comfortable set up with it, dropped the loft, different shaft and still struggling with a left miss. The weight of the head feels heavy to me also, going to try a few different weight options but right now it’s just not working

Have you given thought to a counterbalanced shaft? Always works for me with heavy heads.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Has anyone confirmed for sure that the ltd pro adapter with fade settings will work with the f9?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

... Being old school I love the gloss yellow head. But all my drivers in recent memory have had a white alignment logo and I was not a fan of the yellow. No doubt I could have gotten used to it after a few rounds but I used some paint fill and traced the Cobra logo. Looks pretty bad up close but at address it looks like a normal logo. I am also playing mine at 44.25" with the 18gm weight in the rear.

would be cool if someone made some stickers that are the exact size to cover it up. id prob get some

Has anyone confirmed for sure that the ltd pro adapter with fade settings will work with the f9?

Work in what way? I presume to add some "fade", as it's a MyFly adapter and does fit in the head. I tried the Tensei Tour AV in the F9, but the swing wasn't consistent enough to see the changes the sleeve might have made.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Work in what way? I presume to add some "fade", as it's a MyFly adapter and does fit in the head. I tried the Tensei Tour AV in the F9, but the swing wasn't consistent enough to see the changes the sleeve might have made.

Correct, as in to add more “fade” as in flatter compared to the stock adapter.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Correct, as in to add more "fade" as in flatter compared to the stock adapter.

Can't confirm, but a left-handed adapter should provide some relief to the lie angle, no? I'll see if I can build some sort of makeshift way of measuring the lie

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Sooo…...Here is my for what it's worth post.

I jumped on the F9 bandwagon for 3 reasons 1. I hit about 10 balls with one indoors and liked it.

2.All the good reviews.

3. All the good comments here on the forum.

I drove to my buddy's golf shop today, who is a pretty good fitter, not for a fitting, but to hit some balls on the monitor,

and buy the 10.5 with atmos black that he had in stock...Unlike I normally do which is grab the driver I want to hit and start swinging,

he had me warm up with my current driver (g400 LS 10.5) I went in thinking that over the years my club head speed had dropped to

around 105 or 106, which was the case with my first 10 swings which is all I normally take.....Surprisingly, after about 8 more swings,

I was at 111 and then on up to 116.....Just telling you that so you know where I am coming from.

Now I hit the cobra 10.5 with the atmos and quickly discover that that is not going to work...High spin and going left. Hit it with weights in both positions.

He put in the Smoke stiff shaft and I hit it well.

I now hit the m5 with the same smoke shaft and then some more with my g400 LS.

I am rambling here so let me get to the point....At least for now, I am off the F9 bandwagon.

Here is what I found with the three clubs...…..accuracy- All about equal. Ball speed and clubhead speed-All about equal Sound-I can't tell hitting indoors.

Feel-I like them all, although when hit perfectly, the cobra feels fantastic. Spin-Cobra was the highest and m5 was the lowest. My spin with the m5 was between 1900 and 2900...Obviously, my swing was not as good as I would like Distance-M5 was the longest.

I was really impressed on the adjustability of the TM......Every adjustment seems to really make a difference.

Not expecting anyone to make any decisions based on this, just wanted to relate my experience.....By the way, he had his X stiff shafts lent out, so I wasn't

able to try them. One more thing. I have never been a numbers guy and feel the true test for me is outside, preferably on a course.

Black sharpie. Just make the logo go away.

Anyone playing the smoke 6.5? Doesn't seem like there hardly any chatter on the boards about it.

Tried the Smoke in 6.0 as that’s what came in my demo and wasn’t a fan. Felt almost exactly like I expected though, mid flight and smoother than the black with a little bit of pop in the middle section.

F9 thoughts: feel off the face is outstanding, and the sound is one of the best I’ve heard. Reminds you of the LTD but slightly higher pitch and more powerful sounding. Had a lot of rust to knock off but what I like is that it makes the same sound anywhere on the face but still gives you enough feedback to know the strike location. Typical miss is low for me and this head does great with that strike which I remember hearing in some of the reviews. Really never found the center all day, just a little towards the toe or low, but no major misses and direction was very neutral - either a push or just a slight fade which is perfect for me. Hit against my gamer on a handful of holes and F9 was consistently longer, but will have to do some more testing. Very encouraging though and can’t wait to try some shafts that should be a better fit.

Anyone playing the smoke 6.5? Doesn't seem like there hardly any chatter on the boards about it.

Tried the Smoke in 6.0 as that's what came in my demo and wasn't a fan. Felt almost exactly like I expected though, mid flight and smoother than the black with a little bit of pop in the middle section.

F9 thoughts: feel off the face is outstanding, and the sound is one of the best I've heard. Reminds you of the LTD but slightly higher pitch and more powerful sounding. Had a lot of rust to knock off but what I like is that it makes the same sound anywhere on the face but still gives you enough feedback to know the strike location. Typical miss is low for me and this head does great with that strike which I remember hearing in some of the reviews. Really never found the center all day, just a little towards the toe or low, but no major misses and direction was very neutral - either a push or just a slight fade which is perfect for me. Hit against my gamer on a handful of holes and F9 was consistently longer, but will have to do some more testing. Very encouraging though and can't wait to try some shafts that should be a better fit.

Thanks - if you do get more and want to combine resources/shafts to test lmk. So far I have the smoke 6.5 tipped 1 inch and kkxd tipped 1 inch

Just got fitted into the f9 and thought Id share my findings below.

Over the last 2 years nothings been able to beat the ping out. Cobra f8+ At 10.5 Beat it out in terms of ball speed and launch but not dispersion last year, but didnt pull the trigger as it went a little too left on me.

Never thought Id move away from ping due to the forgiveness, but this f9 is the real deal. Low heel shots werent too far off centre and retained great ball speed.

Replying to my own post.

Pains me to say it also but having trouble finding a comfortable set up with it, dropped the loft, different shaft and still struggling with a left miss. The weight of the head feels heavy to me also, going to try a few different weight options but right now its just not working

Have you given thought to a counterbalanced shaft? Always works for me with heavy heads.

I have, I ordered it with the Tensei Pro Orange, I have never had much success with counter balanced shafts and nothing changed with this. They sent it with an 18g weight to offset the counterbalanced shaft, but I tried it with both a 14 and 18, fought the lefts even more with the 14.

Put a Pro White in it for today and used a 14, and it turned down 1.5 degrees, still fought some lefts but also struggled to find consistent solid contact on a day where everything else was pretty solid.

I jumped on the F9 bandwagon for 3 reasons 1. I hit about 10 balls with one indoors and liked it.

2.All the good reviews.

I drove to my buddy's golf shop today, who is a pretty good fitter, not for a fitting, but to hit some balls on the monitor,

and buy the 10.5 with atmos black that he had in stock...Unlike I normally do which is grab the driver I want to hit and start swinging,

he had me warm up with my current driver (g400 LS 10.5) I went in thinking that over the years my club head speed had dropped to

around 105 or 106, which was the case with my first 10 swings which is all I normally take.....Surprisingly, after about 8 more swings,

I was at 111 and then on up to 116.....Just telling you that so you know where I am coming from.

Now I hit the cobra 10.5 with the atmos and quickly discover that that is not going to work...High spin and going left. Hit it with weights in both positions.

I am rambling here so let me get to the point....At least for now, I am off the F9 bandwagon.

Here is what I found with the three clubs...…..accuracy- All about equal. Ball speed and clubhead speed-All about equal Sound-I can't tell hitting indoors.

Feel-I like them all, although when hit perfectly, the cobra feels fantastic. Spin-Cobra was the highest and m5 was the lowest. My spin with the m5 was between 119 and 129...Obviously, my swing was not as good as I would like Distance-M5 was the longest.

I was really impressed on the adjustability of the TM......Every adjustment seems to really make a difference.

Not expecting anyone to make any decisions based on this, just wanted to relate my experience.....By the way, he had his X stiff shafts lent out, so I wasn't

able to try them. One more thing. I have never been a numbers guy and feel the true test for me is outside, preferably on a course.

wow 116ss You've got me wondering now what I may be at as I usually just divide by carry by 2.4 to guess my ss. Been getting some 265 carries based on arccos gps. Hate it didn't work out for you but I'm sure you've been following some of the ST190 post and reviews that thing seems like a super low spin driver. Good for you that you're still swinging it that fast.

Replying to my own post.

I have, I ordered it with the Tensei Pro Orange, I have never had much success with counter balanced shafts and nothing changed with this. They sent it with an 18g weight to offset the counterbalanced shaft, but I tried it with both a 14 and 18, fought the lefts even more with the 14.

Put a Pro White in it for today and used a 14, and it turned down 1.5 degrees, still fought some lefts but also struggled to find consistent solid contact on a day where everything else was pretty solid.

Just a side note, Ian from TXG had Matt in a D8 setup with the F9 and he was pushing it left. Put it in D4.5 and was hitting it straight. Point being, maybe try even more weight in the head? Idk what SW you're at now, but perhaps it could work better being just a couple grams heavier.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Correct, as in to add more "fade" as in flatter compared to the stock adapter.

No, the "fade adaptor" was just a normal adapter but was labeled differently. With the LTD, it was a head that was fade biased. When you moved the "Fade" adapter to what all other adaptors label as "Draw" you were neutral on the LTD. When you moved the "fade" adapter to the "Fade" settings, those are just the normal settings on a std adaptor. The fade was just built into the head.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

2.All the good reviews.

Feel-I like them all, although when hit perfectly, the cobra feels fantastic. Spin-Cobra was the highest and m5 was the lowest. My spin with the m5 was between 119 and 129...Obviously, my swing was not as good as I would like Distance-M5 was the longest.

wow 116ss You've got me wondering now what I may be at as I usually just divide by carry by 2.4 to guess my ss. Been getting some 265 carries based on arccos gps. Hate it didn't work out for you but I'm sure you've been following some of the ST190 post and reviews that thing seems like a super low spin driver. Good for you that you're still swinging it that fast.

I haven't given up on it by any means.....Just taking a step back......After all, it is Feb. 3 in central Pa. No sense getting in a hurry.

Sam- I have been waiting for your review of the F-9. Is it significantly better than the F-8?

@300_Straight

That’s where the problem is for me, I don’t like overly heavy drivers, they don’t feel comfortable swinging. I just checked the swingweight, with the 18g weight and Tensei Pro White and it’s right about D-6.5, I don’t have a 14g to check with at the moment but if you’re going by the thought that 2g of Head weight equals 1sw then I’m looking at around D-4 or 4.5 with the 14g weight which I what I used today and that still feels uncomfortable.

My previous driver set up was a Tour Issue M1 and that was around D1-D2 which is a comfortable preference.

I couldn’t imagine going any heavier and feeling good about it.