2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Dang it, found a decent deal on the F9. I was fit into the speeder evolution V 757...but the no upcharge for the Atmos TS is very enticing. The TS blue 7x and the Evo V have very similar butt/tip stiffness values from the Fuji website, but not sure how the over-all profile is. I had great numbers with the 757 so didn't try too many other shafts, wish I had given the atmos a whirl!

YMMV but I found the Evo Speeder's to feel very different to Atmos, despite what it says on paper.

Evo shafts are known (at least all the ones I hit, evo speeder ii, iii, iv) for fairly pronounced kicks. To me... the Atmos was not lively at all and I barely felt any loading effect, even in the blue. I've hit both the blue and black atmos in the 6 driver, and the hybrids and the feel was fairly the same; lack of pop/kick/energy transfer. The speeders were absolute kicking mules to me compared to that. Not whippy as the tips are quite stable... but they must drop off in mid stiffness a good amount. Fairly "rare" profile IMO with the Speeders... tip stiff, softer middles, stiff butt. The Atmos felt more like stiff, stiff, slightly less stiff.

This was during fittings too and I hit the Speeders much better than either Atmos.

Hmmm, perhaps this will lessen my desire to do the impulse buy lol. But I did find a place selling the F9+Evo V for only $100 more than retail....

Okay, the snow has officially broken me.

Emailed DD's for a price check on the hybrid. The 19 degree would be a great tweener club for me- I have a 17° fairway that I can loft down and the next club down is a 21° Fli Hi. I don't hit fairway woods off the turf very well so a strong hybrid could give me an extra option with less risk.

Sadly Cobra doesn't offer anything above 85g for hybrids, which sucks. I might try the 780 Smacwrap, avoid the upcharge, and then upgrade to a Recoil 110 if it sucks. On the other hand, does anyone have experience with the HZRDUS 85 hybrid shaft?

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Hello - Any feedback on the F9 driver for those with slower 90mph SS?

Wondering what gains you are getting, thank you

I swing between 98-103 typically and I didn't see a huge distance gain compared to other clubs available (my Honma 737TW 445 is much longer). The Epic Flash was longer of the new clubs, though not consistent enough for me to ever consider gaming it. The TS2 was actually the best for me overall, but the F9 was just barely behind in most categories with a much tighter dispersion. I think with the right shaft it would have been longer, but they didn't have any of the shafts I wanted to try and I'm super low spin (if you put me in a low spin setup I could get sub-1000).

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Question about the "Tour Length" versions Cobra does. Do they butt trim the club or tip trim it when it's tour length?

If I decide to order one, I'm going to request 1/2" total tipping. Figure a note like that will clear up any confusion.

Anyone in the know, does Cobra still do straight-in installs with their adapter? I never heard of them tipping anything. The MyFly adapter is one of the few that doesn't have a cog-type end which must shorten up the BBGM.

I posted earlier about it. I spoke with one of their techs about it directly. Cobra only uses manufacturer suggested tipping, which most of the time is zero for a driver.

If you want specific tipping you must include it on your order. Anyone wanting a tour length should consider asking for tipping. Cutting off an inch and adding 8 grams of weight will definitely soften up the club a bit. That might actually be positive for someone in between flexes. If you've always been between a S and an X, it might be just great, but if you want a stout X in a tour length you should definitely ask for it tipped.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I usually tip a stiff to get an inbetween flex, but may just go straight in X if I order the F9 Tour Length.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

Dang it, found a decent deal on the F9. I was fit into the speeder evolution V 757...but the no upcharge for the Atmos TS is very enticing. The TS blue 7x and the Evo V have very similar butt/tip stiffness values from the Fuji website, but not sure how the over-all profile is. I had great numbers with the 757 so didn't try too many other shafts, wish I had given the atmos a whirl!

YMMV but I found the Evo Speeder's to feel very different to Atmos, despite what it says on paper.

Evo shafts are known (at least all the ones I hit, evo speeder ii, iii, iv) for fairly pronounced kicks. To me... the Atmos was not lively at all and I barely felt any loading effect, even in the blue. I've hit both the blue and black atmos in the 6 driver, and the hybrids and the feel was fairly the same; lack of pop/kick/energy transfer. The speeders were absolute kicking mules to me compared to that. Not whippy as the tips are quite stable... but they must drop off in mid stiffness a good amount. Fairly "rare" profile IMO with the Speeders... tip stiff, softer middles, stiff butt. The Atmos felt more like stiff, stiff, slightly less stiff.

This was during fittings too and I hit the Speeders much better than either Atmos.

Agree with your feel perspective 100%. Atmos felt like it had no play in it. I have an evo2 in my 3wood and even x flex tipped 2 inches it has a bit of play.

OK, so I tried the F9 again today.

The previous time I'd hit it with the Atmos (Black ?) and struggled.

Today I picked out 2 other shafts, the Aldila 2NKV(?) 60 weight stiff and the Evenflow Blue, also 60 weight stiff.

With the Alidla I was all over the place, definitely not a fit.

With the Evenflow however I got some really good results. About 4 MPH more ball speed than my previous best with the Honma 747/455. And very low spin, averaging in the low 2,000s. Impressive.

Problem was consistency and dispersion though. While the better hits were very good and even some slight misses were also very good the consistency and dispersion left a lot to be desired. But I DO see the higher ball speeds and the forgiveness near the sweet spot and can certainly understand how someone more consistent than I can fall in love with it.

I'll try it again in future sessions, with the Evenflow again and see if there are any other shafts available.

Why have you not tried with the Hzrdus Smoke Black 60?

Would love to but they don't have it (or I couldn't find it). Their shaft selection right now for the new head is rather limited. If I find it I will try it as I love my current Hzrdus Black (in my Fusion).

I think they changed the adapter this year ?

The adapter is the same, it's just labeled differently.

Agree with your feel perspective 100%. Atmos felt like it had no play in it. I have an evo2 in my 3wood and even x flex tipped 2 inches it has a bit of play.

Similar experience for me too. Granted, I'm comparing a Motore 757 to the Atmos Black.

The Atmos doesn't feel overly stiff but there is a less 'fluid' loading feeling and it makes the club feel much lighter. I think adding a little head weight might give it a little more feedback. The 757 though is my favorite- it responds really well to aggressive swings and feels fantastic.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Man what a day! Nothing like a new club and hitting it for the first time after removing the plastic. Only had 15 balls laying around to hit and confirmed F9 is the real deal. So happy! I have about a 235 carry across my fields to the woods and pounded some shots that were coming down 20+ yards into the trees at the fields edge. So happy I actually went into my bag and hit a sleeve of XV's that carried further and lost forever in the virginia creeper [swallows balls] and leaves (happiest new balls I've ever lost). This boy has gotten me back into that 260+ carry range for my 102/103ss. Ecstatic! Tried posting some photo's but came up files to big each time I tried to post photos. I've found the right driver for me and wish others the same success I found with this shaft/head combo...

Man what a day! Nothing like a new club and hitting it for the first time after removing the plastic. Only had 15 balls laying around to hit and confirmed F9 is the real deal. So happy! I have about a 235 carry across my fields to the woods and pounded some shots that were coming down 20+ yards into the trees at the fields edge. So happy I actually went into my bag and hit a sleeve of XV's that carried further and lost forever in the virginia creeper [swallows balls] and leaves (happiest new balls I've ever lost). This boy has gotten me back into that 260+ carry range for my 102/103ss. Ecstatic! Tried posting some photo's but came up files to big each time I tried to post photos. I've found the right driver for me and wish others the same success I found with this shaft/head combo...

Download the IMGUR app. Upload photos from your phone to the app, then use the links in the app to post the image URL here.

Download the IMGUR app. Upload photos from your phone to the app, then use the links in the app to post the image URL here.

Thank you Ziggy but I went and found some balls in the woods, gonna hit a few more its hit the low 40's up here... Will get uploaded later.

I swing between 98-103 typically and I didn't see a huge distance gain compared to other clubs available (my Honma 737TW 445 is much longer). The Epic Flash was longer of the new clubs, though not consistent enough for me to ever consider gaming it. The TS2 was actually the best for me overall, but the F9 was just barely behind in most categories with a much tighter dispersion. I think with the right shaft it would have been longer, but they didn't have any of the shafts I wanted to try and I'm super low spin (if you put me in a low spin setup I could get sub-1000).

Thank you for the feedback. Never thought of the Honma, but will look into it.

I just my try the ST190 with a Speeder lV or Accra TZ series.

Thanks again!

Two mph over my F8+ at 88 MPH SS.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Whooaa Nelly! Back up and cancel everything I've said. Dad burn it! Played around and dropped this thing to 9.5 (-1.0 setting draw) and another gear just showed up. I'm going to shut up now and just play with this new Nuclear Missle and report back when I'm done. I didn't know shinola (and probably still don't) but I do know now that 9.5 gave me similar height and spin def down...This thing is putting it over the 40ft poplar trees now at a better flatter descent....gonna have to go down below the va creeper now and look for balls in places I've never looked before :)

PS. This shaft ain't for everyone but this Atmos Black TS 6 stiff is doing it for me... Haven't hit a foul ball yet with it and my home track has some 30 yard wide areas and you're out of play if you're 25 yards off center either way...Man I'm pumped (guess I didn't need to say that) Later!!!

Right side eliminated. Aim down right side and give her the gas!!!

I got my price quote....and ordered the hybrid immediately!

19° with the NV 2KXV. Recoil will be the backup plan if that doesn't work out. Figured with the larger head and new design for higher launch, going with a soft-tipped Smacwrap shaft wasn't the best idea for me.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Whooaa Nelly! Back up and cancel everything I've said. Dad burn it! Played around and dropped this thing to 9.5 (-1.0 setting draw) and another gear just showed up. I'm going to shut up now and just play with this new Nuclear Missle and report back when I'm done. I didn't know shinola (and probably still don't) but I do know now that 9.5 gave me similar height and spin def down...This thing is putting it over the 40ft poplar trees now at a better flatter descent....gonna have to go down below the va creeper now and look for balls in places I've never looked before :)

PS. This shaft ain't for everyone but this Atmos Black TS 6 stiff is doing it for me... Haven't hit a foul ball yet with it and my home track has some 30 yard wide areas and you're out of play if you're 25 yards off center either way...Man I'm pumped (guess I didn't need to say that) Later!!!

Cmon, man. Mine is supposed to be delivered Sat or Monday, which is great, except that we are getting 1-2 feet of snow on Sun-Mon...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Will be excited when mine gets here. The shop was apparently ordering it Monday so hoping to have it soon. I also got fitted into the black and was a bit skeptical but glad to hear your enjoying it. from previous posts I gather we are around the same swing speed. While not everything, its good to know its working for you. Question, did you go full length or chop it down? I normally play my drivers to 44.5 but the rep talked me into full length. I'm only 5'10" and have been regretting not cutting it down (especially now that I see if I do, the weights cost $25 each!). Curious what you did there.

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

Will be excited when mine gets here. The shop was apparently ordering it Monday so hoping to have it soon. I also got fitted into the black and was a bit skeptical but glad to hear your enjoying it. from previous posts I gather we are around the same swing speed. While not everything, its good to know its working for you. Question, did you go full length or chop it down? I normally play my drivers to 44.5 but the rep talked me into full length. I'm only 5'10" and have been regretting not cutting it down (especially now that I see if I do, the weights cost $25 each!). Curious what you did there.

I got it at full length 45.5. Im 5'10 also and played my ping gls at 44.75 (AD-GP7X) and was consistently hitting a little towards the toe. I tried and post photo's of the strike pattern after 10 hits today to no avail but this length I'm hitting middle face 4 out of 5 (thrilled). It suppose to be D3 but haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. Thrilled with the shaft hope it works great for you too!

Demo arrived today so hopefully the snow melts tomorrow. I have had some good results with a higher loft head and low launch shaft, so we’ll see if that continues with the F9. Look at address is great, head looks small and sleek and the shape is excellent (some of the past Cobra drivers have had more triangular-ness than I prefer).

A note on my experience with the Atmos - Black is stout but in a good way. I found it to feel a little more crisp and more one-piece than past Fujikura shafts I’ve tried. You’ll quickly know if you tip too much as it became a bit unmanageable, and although it was super accurate, it was a lot of work for me. I expected the blue to be similar but it was much looser in comparison, but I was never able to try it with any tipping. Both were 6x.

Demo arrived today so hopefully the snow melts tomorrow. I have had some good results with a higher loft head and low launch shaft, so well see if that continues with the F9. Look at address is great, head looks small and sleek and the shape is excellent (some of the past Cobra drivers have had more triangular-ness than I prefer).

A note on my experience with the Atmos - Black is stout but in a good way. I found it to feel a little more crisp and more one-piece than past Fujikura shafts Ive tried. Youll quickly know if you tip too much as it became a bit unmanageable, and although it was super accurate, it was a lot of work for me. I expected the blue to be similar but it was much looser in comparison, but I was never able to try it with any tipping. Both were 6x.

Its funny you mention the blue compared to the black and I found the same thing in stiff. The blue felt like a noodle and the Black was perfect. This was after I ordered my club and was looking over the clubs at a GG while waiting and was scared when they only had a blue 6s on the rack and as I waggled it andI was like holy crap (this thing is flimsy) and was hoping my black doesn't feel that way when it shows up. Called my pro and he said don't worry you tested the black and if it's not like the one you demoed I'll swap the shafts. Good write up

https://imgur.com/a/17H3OkY

Initial photo's. Ziggy helped me with this. Don't know if they're showing up?

Second gallery is my range on my property. 235 to the trees limbs overhanging in the middle. Caught my XV pretty good on my new 9.5 draw setting and tried to relive the moment in here. was a good 40 yards deep in the woods as it flew over the top of the 2 centered poplar tree. That's my aiming point.

https://imgur.com/a/UzJszf0

If these don't show up let me know I'll delete the post.

OK, gonna pull the trigger. Just don't know what shaft FUUUU.

Help me out here guys. 161-165 ball speed, quick/hard transition, was just fit into the speeder evolution V 757X. Was thinking Atmos TS Blue 7X but not sure if any of the options might be better. I fight a hook if that matters.

Here is Fujikura's answers to some questions asked them to compare the Evolution V vs. the Atmost TS in a live chat from a while back:

"EVO V will launch higher but have similar spin to Atmos TS Blue. Atmos is part of the Tour Spec lineup of shafts which has a much stiffer handle, mid, and tip. Atmos TS shafts are for the player that loads it aggressively from the top. You’ll have a smoother feel with EVO V. The Fuel and XLR8 shafts had a softer midsection and provided more kickspeed for certain swing types."

"ATMOS TS Red has a stiffer handle section for someone with a harder load, and TS red should spin more than the EVO 5."

"We touched on this with someone else's question, but main difference is materials and handle stiffness."

Sounds like the Atmos will feel a bit stiffer in the handle, give you similar spin numbers, and launch a bit lower.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Yeah I think will just grab the TS Blue 7X. Worst case evolution I's are dirt cheap on ebay. I put a cheap epic/Evo together while I wait for my epic flash/evo V to arrive and the initial results seemed promising for me.

Let's see if the Cobra/TS Blue 7X will best the Epic Flash/Evo V for half the price :taunt:

Demo arrived today so hopefully the snow melts tomorrow. I have had some good results with a higher loft head and low launch shaft, so we’ll see if that continues with the F9. Look at address is great, head looks small and sleek and the shape is excellent (some of the past Cobra drivers have had more triangular-ness than I prefer).

A note on my experience with the Atmos - Black is stout but in a good way. I found it to feel a little more crisp and more one-piece than past Fujikura shafts I’ve tried. You’ll quickly know if you tip too much as it became a bit unmanageable, and although it was super accurate, it was a lot of work for me. I expected the blue to be similar but it was much looser in comparison, but I was never able to try it with any tipping. Both were 6x.

Its funny you mention the blue compared to the black and I found the same thing in stiff. The blue felt like a noodle and the Black was perfect. This was after I ordered my club and was looking over the clubs at a GG while waiting and was scared when they only had a blue 6s on the rack and as I waggled it andI was like holy crap (this thing is flimsy) and was hoping my black doesn't feel that way when it shows up. Called my pro and he said don't worry you tested the black and if it's not like the one you demoed I'll swap the shafts. Good write up

Any idea how the black 7 stacks up against the black 6?