2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

I am not very familiar with Chinese history in general or recent Chinese history specifically. Robespierre's story is so rich in irony and so very, very applicable today.

Ancient Chinese secret huh?

Calgon?

The only thing I know about the Chinese for sure is that their intelligence agency has all my personal information on file.

I knew soemthing was off. You’re a double agent. You’re way too smart to be hanging around here with this bunch of heathens.

Not a double agent, but I have been privileged to work on some interesting stuff. Now just a retired Darwinian anti-SJW fat lady trying to learn how to hit my 5-iron more consistently.

It’s all about Smash Factors, TP.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I know about the Chinese for sure is that their intelligence agency has all my personal information on file.

I knew soemthing was off. You're a double agent. You're way too smart to be hanging around here with this bunch of heathens.

Not a double agent, but I have been privileged to work on some interesting stuff. Now just a retired Darwinian anti-SJW fat lady trying to learn how to hit my 5-iron more consistently.

It's all about Smash Factors, TP.

Yep. Searching for center club contact.

I knew soemthing was off. You're a double agent. You're way too smart to be hanging around here with this bunch of heathens.

It's all about Smash Factors, TP.

Yep. Searching for center club contact.

I’ll try to stop being a smart a**. I can’t hit a 5 iron either.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Any facts in here yet?

A few.

Someone doesn't know the difference between "roll" and "role" or "then" and "than", "Reed" or "Reid", or his handicap and a legitimate one.

And now that his 90 days in jail are up we're going to be subjected to his mindless drivel again.

Other then(sic) that, not sure.

Oh, and Thinking Plus is actually a triple agent. Fortunately for her I don't know any Chinese nationals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TP, try putting with your 5 iron. That's about the only way I can hit it solidly. :russian_roulette:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Any facts in here yet?

A few.

Someone doesn't know the difference between "roll" and "role" or "then" and "than", "Reed" or "Reid", or his handicap and a legitimate one.

And now that his 90 days in jail are up we're going to be subjected to his mindless drivel again.

Oh, and Thinking Plus is actually a triple agent. Fortunately for her I don't know any Chinese nationals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TP, try putting with your 5 iron. That's about the only way I can hit it solidly. :russian_roulette:

I wondered where he had been when I saw his name pop up here.

Any facts in here yet?

A few.

I wondered where he had been when I saw his name pop up here.

Just a guess. I have no "inside information".

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Morning folks. How is everyone?
I've been up for over7hours.
I’d been awake for a couple hours already but I jumped in the car and drove for 2.5 hours before I hopped back in the thread-saddle. Throwing this out there - been meaning to for several pages... I don’t even like Kuchar. I’ve never rooted for him. His swing is ugly and his putting stroke I don’t care for either. He’d have to give me at least 10 strokes to even start to make it interesting if we played - even then I highly doubt I could take him. Fix your swing, Matt. I’ve seen peasants with a prettier swing! Carry on and good day to all.

;)

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png

I should add that even though I don’t find myself rooting for Kuch I do respect his game. Hard not to admit that he is one of the best on planet earth.

Just rather root for GOAT Dechambeau

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Phil kind of reminded me of Matt early in his career. Kind of fake in everything. When Phil was interviewed it came off as very insincere and very rehearsed. But that changed over time. Matt still seems to be like that. Fake smile, fake emotion. I just can’t buy into this guy although I will admit he makes the most of his game. I never liked him but never thought of him as cheap. Now I just don’t like him.

Phil kind of reminded me of Matt early in his career. Kind of fake in everything. When Phil was interviewed it came off as very insincere and very rehearsed. But that changed over time. Matt still seems to be like that. Fake smile, fake emotion. I just can’t buy into this guy although I will admit he makes the most of his game. I never liked him but never thought of him as cheap. Now I just don’t like him.

In your mind how much was Matt supposed to pay a resort caddy whom simply carried Matt's bag? Keep in mind this guy didn't even do a fraction of the job that a tour caddy does.

Kuchar didn't find the caddy...course did. The course was likely involved in communicating to Kuchar what the cost for the caddy would be (little English for caddy) for the tournament (Let's assume $3,000). So, a fee of $3,000 and a tip of $2,000 is over a 65% tip!

• This is not a normal Player/Caddy situation where it's part of the job to usually get a percentage of the winnings on top of the daily salary.
  • El Tucan did not likely do anything more than he would in his regular job.
  • Kuchar and El Tucan were not business partners in this venture.
  • El Tucan was a casual laborer arranged by the Golf Course.

When looked at under the normal Player/Caddy partnership, yah this looks bad. Kuchar could have gave more, but is it not similar to this?

I arrange to have an important business meeting at a high end steak house. I call the restaurant ahead of time and explain the situation. I would like a private room and best waiter you have so that everything can go well. Night goes great, I sign a business deal for over $1 million and I'm happy with the work the restaurant and waiter did. Bill came to $3,000. I leave a $5,000...that's over a 65% tip. But now my colleges look down on me because I didn't give the waiter/restaurant 10% of my $1 Million dollar deal? The waiter made the night go smooth, made the clients feel at ease and even told me to relax and take a breath at one point during my presentation. To some here, I know owe the waiter $100,000???

Same analogy fits for me playing in a big money game on the golf course while using a resort course caddy. Does he now get a percentage of my winnings?

Bumping this ^^^^

More people should read this before commenting further.

Kuchar didn't find the caddy...course did. The course was likely involved in communicating to Kuchar what the cost for the caddy would be (little English for caddy) for the tournament (Let's assume $3,000). So, a fee of $3,000 and a tip of $2,000 is over a 65% tip!

• This is not a normal Player/Caddy situation where it's part of the job to usually get a percentage of the winnings on top of the daily salary.
  • El Tucan did not likely do anything more than he would in his regular job.
  • Kuchar and El Tucan were not business partners in this venture.
  • El Tucan was a casual laborer arranged by the Golf Course.

When looked at under the normal Player/Caddy partnership, yah this looks bad. Kuchar could have gave more, but is it not similar to this?

I arrange to have an important business meeting at a high end steak house. I call the restaurant ahead of time and explain the situation. I would like a private room and best waiter you have so that everything can go well. Night goes great, I sign a business deal for over $1 million and I'm happy with the work the restaurant and waiter did. Bill came to $3,000. I leave a $5,000...that's over a 65% tip. But now my colleges look down on me because I didn't give the waiter/restaurant 10% of my $1 Million dollar deal? The waiter made the night go smooth, made the clients feel at ease and even told me to relax and take a breath at one point during my presentation. To some here, I know owe the waiter $100,000???

Same analogy fits for me playing in a big money game on the golf course while using a resort course caddy. Does he now get a percentage of my winnings?

Bumping this ^^^^

More people should read this before commenting further.

Why would they want to let actual facts get in the way?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Phil kind of reminded me of Matt early in his career. Kind of fake in everything. When Phil was interviewed it came off as very insincere and very rehearsed. But that changed over time. Matt still seems to be like that. Fake smile, fake emotion. I just can't buy into this guy although I will admit he makes the most of his game. I never liked him but never thought of him as cheap. Now I just don't like him.

Phil is the modern Arnie. How authentic is anyone really? Tigers not exactly "authentic" either but who cares? If you lost respect for Kuchar, boy wait until you speak to people who have served tiger in the orlando area back in the day.the blue martini staff would draw straws not to serve him he was so cheap. Does that matter? absolutely not. You didnt like kuchar before this so this just validates it for you which again is okay but lets put the whole phony thing to bed as the reason.

Ugh.... 40 pages. Can someone provide a summary? Did he get $3K, $5K.... or did Kuch actually do the right thing. You would think after winning Hawaii too, that he would retroactively fix the situation. I got to page 8 and gave up.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

Ugh.... 40 pages. Can someone provide a summary? Did he get $3K, $5K.... or did Kuch actually do the right thing. You would think after winning Hawaii too, that he would retroactively fix the situation. I got to page 8 and gave up.

Yes we have facts, or a fact at least . Kucher did in fact pay him. So guess what.......he did the right thing.

You’re asking how much he paid him and then in the next sentence saying he should “fix” something? Pretty much exemplifies the side of this discussion that doesn’t like Kucher, you really don’t know squat about what happened, but he’s still in the wrong.

There is no right or wrong thing here. There was likely a contract, either written or verbal, to pay the caddie a certain amount. Kucher seems to have fulfilled the contract. End of story. However, there are still very few facts and fewer reputable sources. There will likely be little to no further verifiable information available.

Here's a brief summary of what we know so far, beyond the initial reports of the 3K payment:

-Kuch and the Caddy were actually mortal enemies, Kuch had been trying to not pay him for several years

-It led to a showdown at an airplane hangar, and they fought and in the process the caddy was knocked into a coma

-Kuch recommended he and the caddy "switch faces" in order for Kuch to find out more about the caddy's lifestyle and learn about him

-The caddy awoke unexpectedly and then used Kuchar's face.

-Both guys than ran with each other's gangs for a few weeks, posing as the other one

that's what we know so far

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Here's a brief summary of what we know so far, beyond the initial reports of the 3K payment:

-Kuch and the Caddy were actually mortal enemies, Kuch had been trying to not pay him for several years

-It led to a showdown at an airplane hangar, and they fought and in the process the caddy was knocked into a coma

-Kuch recommended he and the caddy "switch faces" in order for Kuch to find out more about the caddy's lifestyle and learn about him

-Both guys than ran with each other's gangs for a few weeks, posing as the other one

LOL! You Canadians and your hockey.

LOL! You Canadians and your hockey.

MTJeff was apparently checked into the boards a few too many times.

Can someone tell me what a pro looper does vs a cc/resort looper? And I'm not talking about a full time relationship, but one that a pro might pick up the night before a tournament..say Bones had twisted his ankle at the Pro Am dance, and Phil needed a pro caddie (not Tim!) on his bag...he's paying full freight, no? Also, I've had former pro caddies (journeyman caddies, you might say) caddie for me at clubs...they're no better or worse than the excellent locals.

Here is a quote from Ben Crenshaw regarding a certain local caddie:

"I don't know if I can last that long," Crenshaw says. "Especially with as much course as they've got out there now. If and when I give it up, I'll do everything in my power to make sure Carl has somebody's bag during the Masters for as long as he wants to continue. I do know this: Everything I've achieved over the years in the Masters, I owe to Carl Jackson."

My guess is Ben paid Carl pretty well. Heck, from what I've read, Phil tips the various locker room attendants more during Masters week than Kuchar paid for his win!

"Oh, I'm sorry. You 2 never met ???"

""Facts", meet "Lawyer. "Lawyer, meet "facts""

Ping Glide Pro 48*

So you’re saying that Tucan hooked up with Kuch’s wife during the face swap and, after discovering this, Kuch was cool with it?

Debt paid in full.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Maybe experienced caddies can get 10%. Maybe this guy being an unknown could only negotiate 3k. It’s no different in my work... I can’t expect to be paid as much a the senior manager when I don’t have the same experience or education.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 10.5* driver 

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 3 wood

Adams tour proto 20 hybrid

Titleist t100s (4-pw)

Vokey sm9 52/58 wedges 

Scotty fastback 1.5 putter