Nick Faldo

ksuWildcat

Yeah I saw in another thread something about 'Pizza Boy' comment but have no idea what the context/meaning was?

Faldo was commenting on Ricky Fowler's shirt. Untucked and beach look. He said something about Fowler looking like someone that would bring a pizza. Hilarious. Not sure how the other side will take it.

Fowler seems to have a pretty laid back approach to the world. I'm sure he would laugh if he heard the Faldo pizza comment, lol

He should be fined, and suspended until he can adhere to the dress code.

And if they don’t have one, it’s time.

I think the loudmouth brand style is way more offensive than an untucked shirt. I like JD as much as anyone but this is clownish.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called respect for the game and those that came before him.

Faldo was a machine, hardly missed a shot. It didn't matter what the rankings said, everyone knew who was the best in the world.

those that came before him had plenty of flaws, regardless of the way they dressed ... it's a game, just like any other game, and the people that play it are not -

or at least, should not be - the standard of anything other than their score ...

You have your opinions, I have mine.

I beleive golf is bifferent than other sports, and it’s players should act accordingly.

lol ... cause walter hagen and bobby jones represented the best of humanity? ... ok ...

I said respect the game, mentioned nothing about the people playing it. Enjoy the Waste Mamagement this year. I’m sure I will enjoy the Masters.

Found it odd that he seemed to be confusing the apex number of certain drives with clubhead speed the other day.

Lol yes! It became annoying after a while because he kept harping on it. A producer needed to be in his ear telling him that those were apex numbers not club head speed numbers.

All in all I like him. Mostly because his name isn't Johnny Miller.

Faldo was a machine, hardly missed a shot. It didn't matter what the rankings said, everyone knew who was the best in the world.

those that came before him had plenty of flaws, regardless of the way they dressed ... it's a game, just like any other game, and the people that play it are not -

or at least, should not be - the standard of anything other than their score ...

I beleive golf is bifferent than other sports, and it’s players should act accordingly.

Like the guy in your avatar?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Faldo tends to ramble on about things a little too much for my tastes. But I don’t dislike him. Sometimes I even find him entertaining..

I still can’t get over his bipolar image of what he was perceived as as a player vs. now. He was like a cyborg when he played, now he’s just kind of goofy.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Faldo tends to ramble on about things a little too much for my tastes. But I don’t dislike him. Sometimes I even find him entertaining..

I still can’t get over his bipolar image of what he was perceived as as a player vs. now. He was like a cyborg when he played, now he’s just kind of goofy.

Curtis Strange, another crowd favorite, had a great line about Faldo. After his 18 hole playoff victory over Faldo in the U.S. Open, he was asked what it was like to play with Nick. Curtis said, "it's like playing by myself...but slower".

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

Curtis Strange, another crowd favorite, had a great line about Faldo. After his 18 hole playoff victory over Faldo in the U.S. Open, he was asked what it was like to play with Nick. Curtis said, "it's like playing by myself...but slower".

Nice quote.

Play to win, not to make friends.

Always enjoy listening to Faldo. I much prefer watching any CBS broadcast to NBC. Better cinematography, and much better commentators on CBS. Jim Nantz, Nick Faldo, Ian Baker Finch, Peter Kostis, and Gary McCord who always brings humor. Amanda Balionis isn’t so bad to look at either. CBS pretty much has the dream team in my opinion.

lol ... cause walter hagen and bobby jones represented the best of humanity? ... ok ...

Hmmm, that's an interesting comment. I wouldn't pick Walter Hagen as a role model, but one has to acknowledge that he lived life his own way, made a million putts, and won 2 US opens and 4 British. He also killed a kid in a car accident after a tournament (maybe he had a few beverages?), and so never wanted to drive his own car after that. For all of us that enjoy an alcoholic beverage on the course, it is arguable that Hagen might have played a good bit under the influence. Or hangover. On the other hand, Walter did so much to improve the status of professional golfers all over the world. Not so good at marriage, but great at traveling the world doing exhibitions, and growing the game of golf.

Jones, on the other hand, was a highly educated person, and a family man as well. Shucks, he even converted to his wife's Catholicism on his death bed. He wrote his own magazine articles and books. By the way, he won 4 US Opens and 3 British, a combination that has only been equaled by Jack Nicklaus and Harry Vardon. He envisioned, and helped design, a golf course that is widely acknowledged as one of the best in the world, and the venue for one of the four majors. Most people who knew Jones considered him a consummate gentleman. He was beloved by Scots, who considered him one of their own.

When it comes to reputations, I don't think that you can compare Hagen and Jones in the same sentence. Not to disrespect Hagen, but Jones was class above.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

So, back to the subject matter on hand, I enjoy listening to a player who has won majors and lots of tournaments, as opposed to "coaches." For that reason, I can do without Peter Kostis. I can do without Cameron McCormick. I will take Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo every day.

I just wish the producer would tell all of them that it isn't necessary to fill all of the silence. Sometimes, the shot speaks for itself, and a short, pithy comment suffices.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Yeah I agree it’s a personal thing but don’t say he should be suspended and kicked off the course for it. A simple “it’s not my style” will convey that point brilliantly.

Yeah I agree it’s a personal thing but don’t say he should be suspended and kicked off the course for it. A simple “it’s not my style” will convey that point brilliantly.

True, maybe a little harsh, but I don’t think it should be allowed. I think putting with the flag in looks horrible, what do I know?

True, maybe a little harsh, but I don’t think it should be allowed. I think putting with the flag in looks horrible, what do I know?

I bet you're a barrel of laughs at parties.

I've always liked Nick Faldo..... I have seen many comment in other threads that they can't stand him and he was a jerk when he played but it was a totally different

atmosphere back then. Hell most every player back then was the same as Nick and he has said in interviews he wished he could have had better friendships on tour.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Hmmm, that's an interesting comment. I wouldn't pick Walter Hagen as a role model, but one has to acknowledge that he lived life his own way, made a million putts, and won 2 US opens and 4 British. He also killed a kid in a car accident after a tournament (maybe he had a few beverages?), and so never wanted to drive his own car after that. For all of us that enjoy an alcoholic beverage on the course, it is arguable that Hagen might have played a good bit under the influence. Or hangover. On the other hand, Walter did so much to improve the status of professional golfers all over the world. Not so good at marriage, but great at traveling the world doing exhibitions, and growing the game of golf.

Jones, on the other hand, was a highly educated person, and a family man as well. Shucks, he even converted to his wife's Catholicism on his death bed. He wrote his own magazine articles and books. By the way, he won 4 US Opens and 3 British, a combination that has only been equaled by Jack Nicklaus and Harry Vardon. He envisioned, and helped design, a golf course that is widely acknowledged as one of the best in the world, and the venue for one of the four majors. Most people who knew Jones considered him a consummate gentleman. He was beloved by Scots, who considered him one of their own.

When it comes to reputations, I don't think that you can compare Hagen and Jones in the same sentence. Not to disrespect Hagen, but Jones was class above.

Bob "I walked off the course during the 1921 British Open" Jones?

Not even Daly, Tiger and Phil on their most ill mannered days have managed that.

He also tossed a club that hit a woman in 1921 and had another club throwing incident in the 1916 US Amateur.

George Herbert Walker (yes THAT one) once told him "You will never play in an USGA event again unless you can control your temper."

Bob Jones was so stressed out by competing he usually chain smoked and drank the night away before a round just like Hagen. Unlike Hagen, he didn't eat and usually lost a lot of weight that week.

Jones was not a marble statue, he was a human being.

Oh yes, I love Faldo in the booth.

Faldo just said,

"Thats what Im talkin about"

With an attempted New Yawk accent.

But it came out sounding like Arnold in The Terminator. Lol.

Welll. He is a natural Brit and a naturalized Appalachian american. There gots to be a speech impediment somewhere in that mix. Lol. Then he tries to do a New York accent? Too much nick. Too much.

To the topic at hand. I like Nick in the booth. A lot. He’s quite insightful and very smart about a lot of things.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I'm completely fine with Nick in the booth. Gary McCord on the other hand, needs to go. Just constant verbal diarrhea.

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

Faldo talks just for the sake of talking. He just spits nonsense for hours and no one is better off for hearing it. My 2 cents.

Umm, thats kinda is the job description....

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'm completely fine with Nick in the booth. Gary McCord on the other hand, needs to go. Just constant verbal diarrhea.

Agree 100%. McCord reminds of a neighbor I had one time when I lived in Richmond. Luckily he was across the street from me. The people on either side had it really rough. Annoying doesn't begin to cover it. Him moving away represented the 8th best day of my life at the time. A group of surrounding neighbors had a cookout the night after he left. We celebrated his departure. We were so happy.

Agree 100%. McCord reminds of a neighbor I had one time when I lived in Richmond. Luckily he was across the street from me. The people on either side had it really rough. Annoying doesn't begin to cover it. Him moving away represented the 8th best day of my life at the time. A group of surrounding neighbors had a cookout the night after he left. We celebrated his departure. We were so happy.

haha, what was the 7th?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

So, back to the subject matter on hand, I enjoy listening to a player who has won majors and lots of tournaments, as opposed to "coaches." For that reason, I can do without Peter Kostis. I can do without Cameron McCormick. I will take Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo every day.

I just wish the producer would tell all of them that it isn't necessary to fill all of the silence. Sometimes, the shot speaks for itself, and a short, pithy comment suffices.

+1. They could take a cue from the European Tour coverage. Silence is golden.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X