Sergio disqualified from the Saudi tournament on the European tour

Here comes the Boom

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. All the greens were terrible. Several players made mention. Rose was obviously frustrated by them. Even DJ made comment about them after 3rd round.

2. Where his ball landed in the bunker apparently was left un-raked by groups ahead.

3. DQ punishment fit the crime - 1 putter swipe and 4 foot drags

No way this fits the crime. Sergio is a repeat offender. I thought he should have been rejected by the game after his "fried chicken" comments, he should be banned from the Euro Tour and sponsors should be pulling out.

The fried chicken comment was an indication of his dislike for Tiger and general ignorance, I won't call it racist because I don't know him well enough. That comment is very different from his outbursts on the course, what he did this weekend was inexcusable, that wasn't just someone a little angry, he had completely lost control when he hacked up the sand trap. He needs to be suspended, not just so he can seek help but it will also send a message to Rahm to get control over that fiery Spainard mentality he seems to be showcasing more and more.

are you actually comprehending what you wrote? that his racist comments were directed against Tiger...who he dislikes so that's fine. lol. really... is this the standard? He used a racial stereotype not a Tiger stereotype.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

1. All the greens were terrible. Several players made mention. Rose was obviously frustrated by them. Even DJ made comment about them after 3rd round.

2. Where his ball landed in the bunker apparently was left un-raked by groups ahead.

No way this fits the crime. Sergio is a repeat offender. I thought he should have been rejected by the game after his "fried chicken" comments, he should be banned from the Euro Tour and sponsors should be pulling out.

The fried chicken comment was an indication of his dislike for Tiger and general ignorance, I won't call it racist because I don't know him well enough. That comment is very different from his outbursts on the course, what he did this weekend was inexcusable, that wasn't just someone a little angry, he had completely lost control when he hacked up the sand trap. He needs to be suspended, not just so he can seek help but it will also send a message to Rahm to get control over that fiery Spainard mentality he seems to be showcasing more and more.

are you actually comprehending what you wrote? that his racist comments were directed against Tiger...who he dislikes so that's fine. lol. really... is this the standard? He used a racial stereotype not a Tiger stereotype.

No, I consider calling someone a racist a very serious thing and I don't know Sergio well enough to make that accusation. What I said was he was using a stereotypical comment to belittle Tiger, someone he knowingly doesn't like, that on it's own doesn't provide me with enough insight to determine if he's racist but he's clearly ignorant.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Sergio anti social behavior patterns from recent memory

1. Bethpage 2002 US Open flipping off the crowd when he had his regrip regrip regrip issues

2. Bethpage 2002 US Open - whining about the weather conditions and whining that if Tiger was out there they would've stopped the round

3. Throwing his shoe at scoreboard after slipping

4. Spitting into the cup after missing a putt

5. Woe is me my ball hits pin and bounces off the green while others stay close to the cup. Woe is me I get all the bad breaks

6. Whining again at TPC 2012 about Tiger making noise

7. Making "fried chicken" references toward Tiger

8. "I don't know if I have what it takes to win a major"

9. Damaging 5 greens this past week

I'm sure there is more

Is he ever going to grow up?

Think those Bethpage fans will let him forget about this at the PGA?

Ah, karma is a........

No, I consider calling someone a racist a very serious thing and I don't know Sergio well enough to make that accusation. What I said was he was using a stereotypical comment to belittle Tiger, someone he knowingly doesn't like, that on it's own doesn't provide me with enough insight to determine if he's racist but he's clearly ignorant.

Never said he was an out an out racist, but what he said was incredibly racist and insulting. And he got a pass for it. No suspension, no nothing. The Sergio in Saudi Arabia is the true Sergio, from disrespecting fans in NY at Bethpage to acting like a 5 year old by throwing his shoe. Golf, IMO needs to distance itself from him.

I once worked for an insane person. When we were playing golf once he also got mad and spit in the hole. I said, "Dammit John...I'm gonna drop trau in the next hole!" Everybody laughed. But, eventually, one of us felt compelled to physically threaten him in the office. Eventually, most of us outgrow having people like this in our lives. I hope Sergio grows up...

Hopefully this is a wake up call to not only Sergio, but several other guys as well to stop acting like children. Sergio, Rahm, Bryson, Hatton, Bubba. You look ridiculous when act like this.

We can include El Tigre in that list too, although he seems a little bit more mellow these days.

Yea, it’s not a comprehensive list. Just the guys that stand out off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I think Sergio is an a**.

But, I wonder sometimes with the "friend chicken" comment and now the "suicide bomber" if it's just his sense of humor. I think he would consider himself to be very likable and have a good sense of humor. He just has no filter, and I think some of the blame falls on the Tours for not having given him stronger consequences along the way.

In this case, it would be nice if the ET and PGA had a joint policy that a suspension would be upheld on either tour. If he really had to sit out until after the Masters he probably wouldn't do it again. Going to the champions dinner without teeing it up would be a lot of humble pie.

Would be awesome if the Masters revoked his invite for the year to encourage him to have more respect for other venues. When he made the same "tin cup" shot into the lake last year to miss the cut he didn't act like a jerk. Well, no more of a jerk than it is to try and hit the exact same shot with the exact same result 3 times.

But, I wonder sometimes with the "friend chicken" comment and now the "suicide bomber" if it's just his sense of humor. I think he would consider himself to be very likable and have a good sense of humor. He just has no filter, and I think some of the blame falls on the Tours for not having given him stronger consequences along the way.

In this case, it would be nice if the ET and PGA had a joint policy that a suspension would be upheld on either tour. If he really had to sit out until after the Masters he probably wouldn't do it again. Going to the champions dinner without teeing it up would be a lot of humble pie.

Would be awesome if the Masters revoked his invite for the year to encourage him to have more respect for other venues. When he made the same "tin cup" shot into the lake last year to miss the cut he didn't act like a jerk. Well, no more of a jerk than it is to try and hit the exact same shot with the exact same result 3 times.

I think the first sentence of your post summed things up. The rest is nonsense.

They are not going to listen to you or your suggestions, no mater how awesome.

And, if that qualifies as "awesome" in your world, you must live a charmed life.

Behavior like this doesn't come from simply having a frustrating round.. He has some rooted issues that must be causing him some major stress in his life and he's likely at the breaking point...

That said, a man of his age should have the maturity and mental fortitude to avoid such blowups in public. It really is a pathetic scene.

What sort of rooted issues? Please share.

If that's his way of expressing himself - who cares? We can't do anything about it.

SG is not trying to be a role model. He's a professional athlete in a tough sport.

Moreover, I think it's improper for anyone to point fingers. We've all done dumb stuff in our lives.

Perhaps rooted in his personal life? *shrugs* I just know that life and relationships can cause immense stress .. a basic shot, with an avg/decent result for a pro, shouldn't warrant such a reaction.... Or, I could be completely off and that's simply just his normal self and reaction... i actually feel bad for the guy...

Titleist....

And, if that qualifies as "awesome" in your world, you must live a charmed life.

Thank you and yes I do.

I think a little poetic justice would be swell. Not optimistic about changing the minds of any of the green coats, that's for sure.

Thank you and yes I do.

I think a little poetic justice would be swell. Not optimistic about changing the minds of any of the green coats, that's for sure.

I am sure they will shield him. As Bobby Jones would do.

A Masters Jacket is like a "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

Think we can all say that we are surprised and disappointed with Sergio's latest meltdown (maybe some of us aren't so surprised). It's so easy to judge and criticize his destructive behavior, but I think all of us have had some experience with losing our temper or saying the wrong thing in the heat of the moment...some of us have this happen more often than others.

I've been very critical of his antics in the past and I get fairly annoyed that these flare ups continue to occur with Sergio, but ultimately...I hope he finds a way to calm the demons that haunt him from time to time.

I still think he would have been a much happier dude if he won that 1999 PGA. He seemed like a pretty happy kid around that time. There would have been no major monkey on his back for so many years and he likely would have won more majors as a result. But it is still pretty surprising to see his latest outburst. I thought the wife had really helped calm him down in recent years.

Obviously, winning a major earlier in a career and getting that monkey off the back would take a lot of pressure off of him (and other sports professionals), but I feel like there are other emotional or psychological factors at play here. Whether it's the comments that the gods are against him, his displays of anger or spitting into a cup...I wonder what can cause him to feel so distraught.

Fast forward and he's won his major and he has a wife...whatever he's battling internally, I don't think it has to do with him winning a major or finding a soul mate...whatever it is...it gets triggered and you see the outbursts. I'm just hoping he can find some peace.

Behavior like this doesn't come from simply having a frustrating round.. He has some rooted issues that must be causing him some major stress in his life and he's likely at the breaking point...

That said, a man of his age should have the maturity and mental fortitude to avoid such blowups in public. It really is a pathetic scene.

What sort of rooted issues? Please share.

If that's his way of expressing himself - who cares? We can't do anything about it.

SG is not trying to be a role model. He's a professional athlete in a tough sport.

Moreover, I think it's improper for anyone to point fingers. We've all done dumb stuff in our lives.

Perhaps rooted in his personal life? *shrugs* I just know that life and relationships can cause immense stress .. a basic shot, with an avg/decent result for a pro, shouldn't warrant such a reaction.... Or, I could be completely off and that's simply just his normal self and reaction... i actually feel bad for the guy...

We've found with these guys that 9 times out of 10 it's marital problems. Especially for a guy like SG - he's a stallion. And you can't hold back the stallion.

Fuzzy made the same joke.

Also I was not a part of the shoot but I was on the range when Tiger was doing a shoot for Gatorade (a friend who a part of it asked if I wanted to go). Another player came up to say hello during a break, but as he was walking up he goes “I didn’t know Gatorade made fried chicken flavored!” Tiger laughed and shot back “suck on my...” the whole crew just started laughing.

Not really much to add other than share a funny story.

Think we can all say that we are surprised and disappointed with Sergio's latest meltdown (maybe some of us aren't so surprised). It's so easy to judge and criticize his destructive behavior, but I think all of us have had some experience with losing our temper or saying the wrong thing in the heat of the moment...some of us have this happen more often than others.

I've been very critical of his antics in the past and I get fairly annoyed that these flare ups continue to occur with Sergio, but ultimately...I hope he finds a way to calm the demons that haunt him from time to time.

I still think he would have been a much happier dude if he won that 1999 PGA. He seemed like a pretty happy kid around that time. There would have been no major monkey on his back for so many years and he likely would have won more majors as a result. But it is still pretty surprising to see his latest outburst. I thought the wife had really helped calm him down in recent years.

Obviously, winning a major earlier in a career and getting that monkey off the back would take a lot of pressure off of him (and other sports professionals), but I feel like there are other emotional or psychological factors at play here. Whether it's the comments that the gods are against him, his displays of anger or spitting into a cup...I wonder what can cause him to feel so distraught.

Fast forward and he's won his major and he has a wife...whatever he's battling internally, I don't think it has to do with him winning a major or finding a soul mate...whatever it is...it gets triggered and you see the outbursts. I'm just hoping he can find some peace.

Probably something to do with not having a normal childhood due to your parents' living out their dreams of success by forcing you to live like a golf concubine? Just a guess. Seemed to contribute to another well-known player's troubles with sex addiction.

Probably something to do with not having a normal childhood due to your parents' living out their dreams of success by forcing you to live like a golf concubine? Just a guess. Seemed to contribute to another well-known player's troubles with sex addiction.

Uh yeah...no doubt. I've always felt that the many elite competitors in professional sports have some quirks and oddball issues...in my mind...driving yourself to be the best comes with a lot of sacrifices that many "normal" folks would not be willing to make.

Definitely more to it than just being unhappy with how a few shots turned out on the day.

Whether we ever find out what it is is another matter. It wouldn't be the worst thing for the Tours to "suspend" him as cover for sorting whatever it is out. Worked for DJ. The sheer rage on display though is what is worrying more than anything. That isn't normal.

Wow, Sergio must have gone bizerk. Here's a video of him going nuts in a bunker the day before the DQ.

I'm sure Chamblee's comment regarding Rickie was meant for Sergio: "He had a 5-shot lead and dropped that, then fell 1 shot back, but you didn't see him whine....you didn't see him throw a club.....you didn't see him curse! He's the stuff that corporate sponsors love." or something like that.

https://twitter.com/GeoffShac/status/1092259661758160896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1092259661758160896&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fgolf%2Fnews%2Flook-sergio-garcia-has-intense-bunker-meltdown-prior-to-saudi-international-disqualification%2F

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

are you serious? let me spell it out for you...if you use a derogatory term for another race to describe another person of that race partially, fully how ever you define it that's a racist move. period and it makes the pronouncer a racist. doesn't mean they are neo-nazis...if that's what you think a racist is.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B