Koepka defends title; shows charisma with fist pump; glfwrx goes wild

tiderider

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > @Moo said:

> > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > > @Moo said:

> > > > > Tiger might have been a little bit hurt or swinging with the intention of preventing a major injury. Several times with the driver it looked like his left side was high, like he wasn't turning through it.

> > > >

> > > > Either Tiger was terrible because he didn’t practice, or Tiger was terrible because he couldn’t practice. Doesn’t matter. Either way, Tiger was terrible. He can’t just show up and expect everyone to run scared. He got smoked in front of his own crowd on a course he knows well. This won’t be the last time.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'll buy into both of those ideas. He looked, very, very unprepared. And back issues or not, those short clubs can still be gamed. His short game and putting were as bad as the tee work.

> > > Unfortunate, as I'm a fan.

> >

> > Nothing for nothing but the untimely lawsuit didn't help either.....

>

> Y’all understand that when Tiger is favored to win a major the odds are created by the people taking bets. They are preying on people’s emotions.

>

>

That's how the books make their money.

• Like 1

> @FredCouplesFan said:

> Don't really see how TW wins another major that isn't played at Augusta.

The British sets up pretty well for him. Don't need to be super long to win it. Need experience and need the right attitude for links golf. Need great course management in links golf. Tiger has the experience, attitude, and course management to play well in the British for a long time...if his body will cooperate.

• Like 2

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @youdamantiger said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > >

> > > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

> >

> > He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

>

> Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

>

> Who is GOAT?

> Tiger, Jack or Brooksy?

I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

> @FredCouplesFan said:

> Don't really see how TW wins another major that isn't played at Augusta. Brooks is putting on a clinic and I am not really fan.

it's easier for Tiger to obtain Jacks record than it is for Brooks to obtain Tigers record

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

A seven shot lead after 36 holes is a PGA record, but not a major record.

Henry Cotton shot 67-65 to start the 1934 British Open to lead by NINE at Royal St. George's.

He shot 72 in the third round to lead by ten.

Then closed with a 79! as the winds picked up Friday afternoon (36 hole finish) to still win by five.

The largest 54 hole lead in PGA history is five shots. Ray Floyd did it in both of his victories. Tom Watson blew his five shot lead at Oakmont in 1978 and never did win the PGA.

I doubt Brooks will be too motivated tomorrow..let me see who he's playing with...

Oh, it's Jordan.

The so called Golden Child that's gotten all the good press the last five years and also has three majors and is going for a Grand Slam that will probably be mentioned by Jim Nantz a hundred times tomorrow. A player that hasn't had a top twenty finish all year and has the 193rd best scoring average on Saturday.

This could get ugly.

James Carville Circus Ugly.

• Like 1

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> I doubt Brooks will be too motivated tomorrow..let me see who he's playing with...

>

> Oh, it's Jordan.

>

> The so called Golden Child that's gotten all the good press the last five years and also has three majors and is going for a Grand Slam that will probably be mentioned by Jim Nantz a hundred times tomorrow. A player that hasn't had a top twenty finish all year and has the 193rd best scoring average on Saturday.

>

> This could get ugly.

>

> James Carville Circus Ugly.

>

>

hyperbole at its finest. Who hes paired with wont add or remove motivation. Hes playing great, out of his mind really but he could stall tomorrow. Percentages kick in at one point.Im not doubting him but lots of golf still to play

I got my present at Augusta with Tiger winning but I did gain much respect for Brooks who I didn’t care for much before than. What I like best is at least until now you don’t see him leaking oil every time he sniffs the lead. DJ , Rory, Rickie, JT, Rahm all great players until Sunday rolls around and they have a chance to win. Tiger, now Brooks, throw in a Tiger at Pebble and hopefully Rory at Portrush and I’m a happy man.

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> >

> > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

>

> He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

Not many players have won 10 majors, only 3 to be precise Tiger, Jack, and Hagen. That said 5 fewer majors and 51 fewer total wins than Tiger? Gotta hand it to Woods and it's not even remotely close. Brooks is only 14 years younger than Tiger so it's a much smaller time frame than with Hogan (born 1912) vs Jack (1940) vs Tiger (1975) just as an example.

• Like 2

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @youdamantiger said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > > >

> > > > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

> > >

> > > He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

> >

> > Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

> >

> > Who is GOAT?

> > Tiger, Jack or Brooksy?

>

> I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

Hypo but say Tiger gets to 90 with "only" 16 .....the measurement is he didn't get 18/19? Nothing else has weight or merit? Why does Michael Jordan surpass Bill Russell when it's 10 to 6 for Bill? #DOALLTITLESMATTER?

> @TMoakley1547 said:

> Brooks not being motivated will not be an issue. If he has game anything like yesterday and today hes going to lap the field twice.

ya, I think Brandel pissed him off

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

What BK is doing at the PGA is impressive but I’m like meh. I know there is 36 holes left but I’m not that excited about him winning it. Maybe he’s making it look too easy. Would be cool seeing Adam Scott contending but his putting is horrific. Such a shame really.

And my concerns about Tiger being spent after the Masters was spot on it seems. He looked rusty and I’m betting had he not won, he would of played at least one tournament leased into this week. But like he said, he has the Masters and if he won one major a year going forward that would be amazing so excepting him to win 2, alone back to back was probably not fair and crazy talk.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @youdamantiger said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @youdamantiger said:

> > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > > > >

> > > > > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

> > > >

> > > > He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

> > >

> > > Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

> > >

> > > Who is GOAT?

> > > Tiger, Jack or Brooksy?

> >

> > I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

>

> Hypo but say Tiger gets to 90 with "only" 16 .....the measurement is he didn't get 18/19? Nothing else has weight or merit? Why does Michael Jordan surpass Bill Russell when it's 10 to 6 for Bill? #DOALLTITLESMATTER?

team sports are not individual sports.

> @sbjinx said:

> What BK is doing at the PGA is impressive but I’m like meh. I know there is 36 holes left but I’m not that excited about him winning it. Maybe he’s making it look too easy. Would be cool seeing Adam Scott contending but his putting is horrific. Such a shame really.

>

> And my concerns about Tiger being spent after the Masters was spot on it seems. He looked rusty and I’m betting had he not won, he would of played at least one tournament leased into this week. But like he said, he has the Masters and if he won one major a year going forward that would be amazing so excepting him to win 2, alone back to back was probably not fair and crazy talk.

I agree only replace Adam with Jordan.

I think Tiger ought to try and play at least one event between majors, this new schedule is not doing him, or anyone over the age of 40 any favors.

• Like 1

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @youdamantiger said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > > > >

> > > > > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

> > > >

> > > > He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

> > >

> > > Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

> > >

> > > Who is GOAT?

> > > Tiger, Jack or Brooksy?

> >

> > I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

>

> Hypo but say Tiger gets to 90 with "only" 16 .....the measurement is he didn't get 18/19? Nothing else has weight or merit? Why does Michael Jordan surpass Bill Russell when it's 10 to 6 for Bill? #DOALLTITLESMATTER?

Couple of points. The criteria for GOAT in the NBA has never been titles. If Pippen had been drafted by another team people would still argue Jordan was the GOAT even though he would've gone his entire career without a title.

The criteria for GOAT in golf and tennis has ALWAYS been majors. No one argues that Snead was a better player than Nicklaus or Hogan because he has more regular Tour wins. I'm not going to change the rules in the middle of the game simply because Tiger may come up short.

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @youdamantiger said:

> > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > > > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

> > > > >

> > > > > He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

> > > >

> > > > Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

> > > >

> > > > Who is GOAT?

> > > > Tiger, Jack or Brooksy?

> > >

> > > I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

> >

> > Hypo but say Tiger gets to 90 with "only" 16 .....the measurement is he didn't get 18/19? Nothing else has weight or merit? Why does Michael Jordan surpass Bill Russell when it's 10 to 6 for Bill? #DOALLTITLESMATTER?

>

> Couple of points. The criteria for GOAT in the NBA has never been titles. If Pippen had been drafted by another team people would still argue Jordan was the GOAT even though he would've gone his entire career without a title.

>

> The criteria for GOAT in golf and tennis has ALWAYS been majors. No one argues that Snead was a better player than Nicklaus or Hogan because he has more regular Tour wins. I'm not going to change the rules in the middle of the game simply because Tiger may come up short.

>

>

That's because 7 and 9 don't even add up to 18. Appreciating the nuances of overall accomplishment is not changing the rules, especially when the two players are so close in stature.

• Like 1

Just back from my own golf. Nice Brooks!! That is impressive. I know it’s not as impressive as when someone else does it, but damn impressive nevertheless.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

> > > >

> > > > Who is GOAT?

> > >

> > > I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

> >

> > Hypo but say Tiger gets to 90 with "only" 16 .....the measurement is he didn't get 18/19? Nothing else has weight or merit? Why does Michael Jordan surpass Bill Russell when it's 10 to 6 for Bill? #DOALLTITLESMATTER?

>

> Couple of points. The criteria for GOAT in the NBA has never been titles. If Pippen had been drafted by another team people would still argue Jordan was the GOAT even though he would've gone his entire career without a title.

>

> The criteria for GOAT in golf and tennis has ALWAYS been majors. No one argues that Snead was a better player than Nicklaus or Hogan because he has more regular Tour wins. I'm not going to change the rules in the middle of the game simply because Tiger may come up short.

>

>

Actually, Pippen was drafted by another team. ;)

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Who is GOAT?

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

But who was deemed GOAT prior to Nicklaus, Hogan or Hagen? I'm not buying Hagen based on majors but that's the rules you speak of

> @lowheel said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Who is GOAT?

> > >

> >

>

> team sports are not individual sports.

No one is equating teams sports to individual sports BUT an individual in a team sport has been designated as the GOAT due to 6 rings yet I'd argue that punk a** Lebum does on a court than Jordan often times with FAR less surrounding him.....yet we take it on face value that Jack ,only because of Major play, gets the crown ....my eye says otherwise as a golfer..... we're all entitled to thoughts and opinions but I'm guessing here the Title is determined until otherwise passed with no exceptions ....oh but again, who was the GOAT prior to Jack? Jones, Hagen, Hogan? #subjectivity is amazing

So, with regard to the idea that Brooks doesn't get any respect, I will add this:

The official PGA Championship website has a video purporting to have the 10 best shots from Round 2. I'm not saying Brooks should have been awarded the best shot of Round 2 for his 3-wood on 13, but I do find it ridiculous that none of his 65 shots made it in the video, especially when you consider that he is 7 shots ahead of second place.

I could be just be overly impressed by a 3-wood, hit into the wind, that traveled 287+ yards and landed softly within 15 or so feet of the hole, though.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @FredCouplesFan said:

> > Don't really see how TW wins another major that isn't played at Augusta.

>

> The British sets up pretty well for him. Don't need to be super long to win it. Need experience and need the right attitude for links golf. Need great course management in links golf. Tiger has the experience, attitude, and course management to play well in the British for a long time...if his body will cooperate.

>

this x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

tiger is a threat to win at the british open more than at augusta ...

> @tiderider said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @FredCouplesFan said:

> > > Don't really see how TW wins another major that isn't played at Augusta.

> >

> > The British sets up pretty well for him. Don't need to be super long to win it. Need experience and need the right attitude for links golf. Need great course management in links golf. Tiger has the experience, attitude, and course management to play well in the British for a long time...if his body will cooperate.

> >

> this x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

> tiger is a threat to win at the british open more than at augusta ...

Honestly I was pretty shocked he got Augusta instead of the British, if he was gonna get another major at all of course. I think most of us figured he wouldn't win another one in general, but the British seemed the most likely scenario to me. Augusta has changed a lot since his heyday in the late 90's and early 2000's.

> @dwboston said:

> > @youdamantiger said:

> > > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > @youdamantiger said:

> > > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > > > > > > so if brooks finishes with 20 majors and 25 total PGA tour wins who's the GOAT?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He would be the goat even with 19 Majors and 0 pga tour wins.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He is the GOAT if he gets to 10 majors and 30 wins. #DeeperFields

> > > > >

> > > > > Disagree. But let me throw this out there. What if, just for arguments sake. Brooks wins 18 majors. Tiger wins 15 or 16. Tiger wins 90 events, Brooks 30.

> > > > >

> > > > > Who is GOAT?

> > > > > Tiger, Jack or Brooksy?

> > > >

> > > > I was being facetious in my post. I'm an objectivist. The yardstick for greatness since the days of Jones and Hagen has been major championships so until Tiger or Brooks notches numero 19 I'm firmly in the Nicklaus camp.

> > >

> > > Hypo but say Tiger gets to 90 with "only" 16 .....the measurement is he didn't get 18/19? Nothing else has weight or merit? Why does Michael Jordan surpass Bill Russell when it's 10 to 6 for Bill? #DOALLTITLESMATTER?

> >

> > Couple of points. The criteria for GOAT in the NBA has never been titles. If Pippen had been drafted by another team people would still argue Jordan was the GOAT even though he would've gone his entire career without a title.

> >

> > The criteria for GOAT in golf and tennis has ALWAYS been majors. No one argues that Snead was a better player than Nicklaus or Hogan because he has more regular Tour wins. I'm not going to change the rules in the middle of the game simply because Tiger may come up short.

> >

> >

>

> Actually, Pippen was drafted by another team. ;)

In the same realm most people likely don't realize that Kobe was not drafted by the Lakers. Dave Cowens, Charlotte coach at the time, lost that trade big time. Kobe for Vlade Divac. LOL!