Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

14 hours ago, VNutz said:

Anybody else still get GroupGolfer emails? Was surprised to get one this morning for Mill Creek. I thought they were done for, several times.

I just unsubscribed maybe 3 days ago because I always found them annoying and has never actually booked from them.  Plus I was getting them for two states, so many emails. 

6 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

Why are the ball speed numbers on GC2 in the bays at the PGATSS so off (10 mph usually), but they usually get my distance correct? 

... Haha better than me. I am useless hitting indoors. Carry my 7 iron 160-165 on the course but doing 'golf swing' indoors and not 'golf shots' I usually have about a 145 yd carry with a 7 iron. Driver is worse. I got fitted indoors at PGASS from the Titlesist rep for the T200's and they suggested a senior flex 70gm shaft gw-6 iron and hybrids in my 5-4. I tried to tell him I am a +1 and my 4 iron is my favorite club and I usually carry it around 190 and saw that "yea buddy, I hear these I normally carry my driver 300yds Walter Mitty stories every fitting" in his eyes so I just thanked him for his time and took his specs and dropped them in the garbage on my way out of the store.  

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

3 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

Why are the ball speed numbers on GC2 in the bays at the PGATSS so off (10 mph usually), but they usually get my distance correct? 

I’ve had the opposite experience at the Schaumburg location. I think in the 10-12 times I’ve hit there, my driver distance has ranged between 250-325 with a ball speed that never deviated from around 166-168. Usually when I’ve gone to hit there I focus more on the feel and sound pieces since I’ve never felt comfortable trusting the yardage or ball flight tracking.

About 2 months ago I did get a kick out of the guy in the bay next to me. I overheard him tell the fitter he couldn’t believe he was hitting the SIM2 315 yards since he’s always been around 250 off the tee. The fitter told him he had optimized his launch angle and the shaft was 1/2” longer than his current club so those gains were “definitely possible”. I stepped back to watch him hit and my immediate reaction was that they had the juiced the settings big time. The guy ended up buying it but I’d love to know how quickly he tries to bring it back in the spring once he realizes his drives are in the same spot as his last driver.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

7 minutes ago, AUTIGER07 said:

I overheard him tell the fitter he couldn’t believe he was hitting the SIM2 315 yards

... Well now that he is officially a typical WRX member driving it well over 300 yds he can buy MB's and join the gang! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

28 minutes ago, AUTIGER07 said:

I’ve had the opposite experience at the Schaumburg location. I think in the 10-12 times I’ve hit there, my driver distance has ranged between 250-325 with a ball speed that never deviated from around 166-168. Usually when I’ve gone to hit there I focus more on the feel and sound pieces since I’ve never felt comfortable trusting the yardage or ball flight tracking.

About 2 months ago I did get a kick out of the guy in the bay next to me. I overheard him tell the fitter he couldn’t believe he was hitting the SIM2 315 yards since he’s always been around 250 off the tee. The fitter told him he had optimized his launch angle and the shaft was 1/2” longer than his current club so those gains were “definitely possible”. I stepped back to watch him hit and my immediate reaction was that they had the juiced the settings big time. The guy ended up buying it but I’d love to know how quickly he tries to bring it back in the spring once he realizes his drives are in the same spot as his last driver.

My ball speed seemed to go up and down as my distance went up and down, as it normally should. I know my ball speed on Trackman and at Top Golf is 165-175, but it’s hard to even crack 160 at the PGATSS on GC2. How can GC2 be that off? It’s not a cheap device. Is it just not calibrated correctly? 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

1 hour ago, Holy Moses said:

My ball speed seemed to go up and down as my distance went up and down, as it normally should. I know my ball speed on Trackman and at Top Golf is 165-175, but it’s hard to even crack 160 at the PGATSS on GC2. How can GC2 be that off? It’s not a cheap device. Is it just not calibrated correctly? 

It might not have been setup correctly but I've had that experience almost every time there. For what it's worth the 166-168 is what I've had pretty much everywhere but the distances and ball flight tracking was definitely off. 

Edited by AUTIGER07

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

5 minutes ago, AUTIGER07 said:

It might not have been setup correctly but I've had that experience almost every time there. For what it's worth the 166-168 is what I've had pretty much everywhere but the distances and ball flight tracking was definitely off. 

I’ve never had the right ball speed numbers there and I’ve been there 100 times

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

4 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Milf Creek dropped their ask from $69 to $32. Someone please say what I'm thinking.

I mean…the joke is RIGHT THERE. Just ask young Tiger in the profile Charles Pierce wrote. 
https://www.gq.com/story/tiger-woods-profile

• Like 1

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

On 1/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, DavePelz4 said:

Milf Creek dropped their ask from $69 to $32. Someone please say what I'm thinking.

can't say always.......

• Like 1

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

3 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

Range time at GC of DP this morning. 

This target always makes me smile. 

0130221005a.jpg

How frozen were the balls today? I almost went this morning.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

19 minutes ago, TheBear95 said:

How frozen were the balls today? I almost went this morning.

in this weather straight is more important than distance.

good to get full swings in the off season.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

24 minutes ago, @_the_crook said:

in this weather straight is more important than distance.

good to get full swings in the off season.

The concern is more with cracking a face with a frozen range ball. Irons only when I go to the DP range in sub-freezing conditions.

Edited by TheBear95

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

1 hour ago, TheBear95 said:

The concern is more with cracking a face with a frozen range ball. Irons only when I go to the DP range in sub-freezing conditions.

same here - I have one set for range duties like this. sturdy cast clubs.

wiping those balls pre-shot can make a difference.

so many have been in use since the place opened that they have almost no dimples or color left......

my towel was grubby at the end of a 90 min session.

I am surprised to see players busting full shots with nice drivers on days like today.

Edited by @_the_crook
data
  • Like 1

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

12 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

same here - I have one set for range duties like this. sturdy cast clubs.

wiping those balls pre-shot can make a difference.

so many have been in use since the place opened that they have almost no dimples or color left......

my towel was grubby at the end of a 90 min session.

I am surprised to see players busting full shots with nice drivers on days like today.

Geez I'm old or it's just been too long since I've played, or both.  CG of DP???

23 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

I checked out X Golf in Schaumburg today. It’s been open for a month.

Positives: The ball tees upon its own. There’s buttons that you tap to move the tee higher or lower, alignment switches that are right next to the mat, and a mulligan button that is handy. Your numbers pop up right on the screen between shots. I made a lot more putts than I did at Legends. I think I’ve made one putt in 5 rounds there, but I made four putts today. The rough takes 20% of your power away and the sand takes 50% away, so you are rewarded with accuracy. Since you don’t have to fetch your ball every time, the round does go by more quickly. Good sized bar. Priced where the competition is per hour ($40). 

Negatives: X Golf supplies their own balls, but they felt a bit cheap and beat up. You also can’t really tee up a 3W because the tee area is cut out separate from the mat and there’s a gap in the mat right where you want to place your club. My ball speed numbers seemed off. I was carrying the ball 300 yards a few times, but my ball speed barely cracked 160. 

I like the location and X Golf will be my preferred indoor location.

I went to the X Golf in Downers Grove yesterday. Definitely a nicer setup than Legends, but Legends gets the job done if you're just looking to swing the club and have some beers.

I agree 100% about the balls... we actually removed a few from our bay that were cracked. And man to those balls leave marks on your club face (woods with darker faces especially), but I guess it helps to see if you hit the sweet spot! I'm also with you that it's kind of annoying you can't tee up anything other than driver because of that cutout between the mat and tee. I think we paid more than you did (maybe it's depends on the time/day) at $60/ hour, but with 4 guys for 2 hours it was still decently priced.

Nice to have a decent selection of booze (drafts at $5 were cheaper than I anticipated) and at least some selection of food.

Will definitely be back. Interested to see how the new Game of Irons in Oak Brook is when it finally opens.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 Titleist TS2 3w Titleist TS2 Hybrid Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

2 hours ago, cpeck12 said:

I went to the X Golf in Downers Grove yesterday. Definitely a nicer setup than Legends, but Legends gets the job done if you're just looking to swing the club and have some beers.

I agree 100% about the balls... we actually removed a few from our bay that were cracked. And man to those balls leave marks on your club face (woods with darker faces especially), but I guess it helps to see if you hit the sweet spot! I'm also with you that it's kind of annoying you can't tee up anything other than driver because of that cutout between the mat and tee. I think we paid more than you did (maybe it's depends on the time/day) at $60/ hour, but with 4 guys for 2 hours it was still decently priced.

Nice to have a decent selection of booze (drafts at $5 were cheaper than I anticipated) and at least some selection of food.

Will definitely be back. Interested to see how the new Game of Irons in Oak Brook is when it finally opens.

As they're franchised the pricing is all over the place which is bizarre.  DG seems to be pricier than Orland Park and Schaumburg.  I was actually told they use Chromesoft balls branded for XGOLF which is interesting if true.

It's a nice facility and the logistics of automatic tee, alignment buttons and large bay and screen are nice.  However after a few visits and talking to others their numbers seem way off, ESPECIALLY Iron shots.

Having to club up 1 or even 2 irons and I talked to three others who say the same thing.  Even flushing an iron and it comes up short.  Apparently their tech is their own, they don't use trackman obviously or the other big ones.

Might explain the discrepancy in yardages.  Nice place and vibe, just annoying regarding the yardage thing and pricing being all over the place.

12 minutes ago, BTee17 said:

As they're franchised the pricing is all over the place which is bizarre.  DG seems to be pricier than Orland Park and Schaumburg.  I was actually told they use Chromesoft balls branded for XGOLF which is interesting if true.

It's a nice facility and the logistics of automatic tee, alignment buttons and large bay and screen are nice.  However after a few visits and talking to others their numbers seem way off, ESPECIALLY Iron shots.

Having to club up 1 or even 2 irons and I talked to three others who say the same thing.  Even flushing an iron and it comes up short.  Apparently their tech is their own, they don't use trackman obviously or the other big ones.

Might explain the discrepancy in yardages.  Nice place and vibe, just annoying regarding the yardage thing and pricing being all over the place.

I forgot to mention that I had numerous chips that went almost sideways for no reason. Hitting out of the rough is also very difficult to control. And the ball speed numbers were way off. 

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

3 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

I forgot to mention that I had numerous chips that went almost sideways for no reason. Hitting out of the rough is also very difficult to control. And the ball speed numbers were way off. 

I had numerous chips that didn't register... got pretty annoying. On one particular shot, it didn't register until my 4th swing. I also noticed iron yardages were pretty for off, having to club up on virtually every shot.

Titleist TSi2 Titleist TS2 3w Titleist TS2 Hybrid Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

I was in Kohler for the weekend so I tried out the Kohler Swing Studio.  Their simulator was the most detailed in providing stats that I had seen but my driver yardage was 30 yards off.  On the other hand, my irons were EXACT to real world.  That could be me or maybe this is an issue with alot of these sims.

11 minutes ago, Shriner said:

I was in Kohler for the weekend so I tried out the Kohler Swing Studio.  Their simulator was the most detailed in providing stats that I had seen but my driver yardage was 30 yards off.  On the other hand, my irons were EXACT to real world.  That could be me or maybe this is an issue with alot of these sims.

Other than the driver lol

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna