Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

agood3putt

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @collindm1 said:

> > > @memphishorn said:

> > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > >

> > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> >

> > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

>

> You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

>

We golfers are such suckers. And I include myself in the group. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @MattM97 said:

> > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > @kved said:

> > > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > > Unfortunately not yet. I am a Titleist Staff Player, and have been told that next year's Select line will no longer have any inserts. It's likely all that I will find out until the PGA Show in January.

> > > >

> > > > Thank Goodness!!! Unfortunately, I am a lefty and only have two choices (Del Mar or Newport 2), neither of which I really care for. Scotty Cameron really needs to expand their line to the left handed market and offer at least one more traditional putter to us lefties. I would love to play a newport or newport 1.5, but neither are being offered left handed according to the photo on the previous page.

> > >

> > > I'd kill for an updated Newport or Fastback version in LH. The Del Mar is so hideous and I don't think I ever see anyone (LH or RH) every playing that model/version on any brand. So frustrating

> >

> > Yeah I definitely prefer the regular Newport to the Newport 2 and would also like a Fastback option. I can't believe Scotty Cameron hasn't offered the left handed community an option for a putter with a flow neck in over a decade especially when flow necks are so popular these days!!!

>

> The reason for that is because we're (lefties) are an afterthought to him and many other companies.

>

> Funny thing with the Fastback is that it wouldn't be hard to make it a LH version but that's too easy.

Wait a second, the iconic SC fastback that has been proven and running for 10 plus years aren't offered for lefty's?

that's crazy..

and yall missing out.

> @TIM929 said:

> > @MattM97 said:

> > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > @kved said:

> > > > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > > > Unfortunately not yet. I am a Titleist Staff Player, and have been told that next year's Select line will no longer have any inserts. It's likely all that I will find out until the PGA Show in January.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank Goodness!!! Unfortunately, I am a lefty and only have two choices (Del Mar or Newport 2), neither of which I really care for. Scotty Cameron really needs to expand their line to the left handed market and offer at least one more traditional putter to us lefties. I would love to play a newport or newport 1.5, but neither are being offered left handed according to the photo on the previous page.

> > > >

> > > > I'd kill for an updated Newport or Fastback version in LH. The Del Mar is so hideous and I don't think I ever see anyone (LH or RH) every playing that model/version on any brand. So frustrating

> > >

> > > Yeah I definitely prefer the regular Newport to the Newport 2 and would also like a Fastback option. I can't believe Scotty Cameron hasn't offered the left handed community an option for a putter with a flow neck in over a decade especially when flow necks are so popular these days!!!

> >

> > The reason for that is because we're (lefties) are an afterthought to him and many other companies.

> >

> > Funny thing with the Fastback is that it wouldn't be hard to make it a LH version but that's too easy.

>

> Wait a second, the iconic SC fastback that has been proven and running for 10 plus years aren't offered for lefty's?

>

> that's crazy..

>

> and yall missing out.

Not a whole lot are offered to lefties and I really like the look of the Fastback and Newport which are not offered. So we go elsewhere or have to be on tour to get them.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @collindm1 said:

> > > @memphishorn said:

> > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > >

> > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> >

> > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

>

> You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

>

True, not as many. But Sung-hoon Kang won at the Nelson this year with one! I've seen plenty on tour with the inserts, albeit, not as many as without!

> @collindm1 said:

> > @memphishorn said:

> > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> >

> > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

>

> absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

I completely disagree but respect your opinion. The good news for you is the 2016-2018 models will be dirt cheap. A guy on BST was trying to get $325 for his 2018 newport that's selling new on ebay for under $280.

• Like 1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> > > @newportbeach said:

> > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > >

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> >

> > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

>

> Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

> @Scotty1140 said:

> > @tleader said:

> > > @Commack350Z said:

> > > Does anyone know if the new putters will have three big red cherry bombs? I'm sick of it.

> >

> > Me too. Would love to see Scotty go in a different design direction.

>

> They will have 3 dots according to some guys over at TCC.

>

Thanks for the insight. ?

New face milling, new head shapes(I assume similar to the tour pics we have seen), new weights, no insert.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

> @asroma19 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @asroma19 said:

> > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > > >

> > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> > >

> > > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

> >

> > Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

>

> Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

True - however, look at the Teryllium T22s. The production ones are the same headshape as the tour ones. The tour ones have some different/extra engraving. Hopefully the head shapes we have seen will come out minus the GSS (that is a trademark of Acushnet by the way :wink:) and some engraving that will be on the tour sticks.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Scotty always has Tour Newport that mirrors retail Newport with the additional circle T engraving.

Once you get into 009 and Timeless Newport 2, then that's where things get really interesting for tour sticks.

> @newportbeach said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> >

> > Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

>

> True - however, look at the Teryllium T22s. The production ones are the same headshape as the tour ones. The tour ones have some different/extra engraving. Hopefully the head shapes we have seen will come out minus the GSS (that is a trademark of Acushnet by the way :wink:) and some engraving that will be on the tour sticks.

• Like 1

> @newportbeach said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @asroma19 said:

> > > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> > > >

> > > > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

> > >

> > > Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

> >

> > Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

>

> True - however, look at the Teryllium T22s. The production ones are the same headshape as the tour ones. The tour ones have some different/extra engraving. Hopefully the head shapes we have seen will come out minus the GSS (that is a trademark of Acushnet by the way :wink:) and some engraving that will be on the tour sticks.

You’ve always had that. The 2016 Newport is a poor mans 009 in allot of ways. Just add in the insert , gee gaws and engraving.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @kevinscott22 said:

> Aside from a couple mallet models (Futura), nobody plays any of the production Scotty Cameron's that were made after 2011. An all time cold streak from Scotty. As a big fan, I really hate to see it

>

> Even if you play a Newport or Newport II from the past few years, you don't really enjoy it. You might reply to this and say that you love it and it looks/feels great, but you don't mean it and simply want to argue my post

>

> Hoping these new models are tolerable. From some of the comments it seems they will be

Rec and on tour the move to mid and full size mallets is more than overwhelming and anyone looking to improve there game will not be looking at a anser/Newport style putter. Like myself and many others that are older we grew up playing anser style putters and are comfortable playing them but shouldn’t be. Scotty needs to be looking at a new line of mallet putters. I really like the style Justin Thomas plays because it’s a very good start to moving away from Anser style putters. The guys on tour are moving away from anser style and they can hit in the center of the face everytime and no one reading this can.

> @kevinscott22 said:

> Aside from a couple mallet models (Futura), nobody plays any of the production Scotty Cameron's that were made after 2011. An all time cold streak from Scotty. As a big fan, I really hate to see it

>

> Even if you play a Newport or Newport II from the past few years, you don't really enjoy it. You might reply to this and say that you love it and it looks/feels great, but you don't mean it and simply want to argue my post

>

> Hoping these new models are tolerable. From some of the comments it seems they will be

Thanks for letting me know what I like or don't like. I never would have figured or out on my own.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @newportbeach said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @asroma19 said:

> > > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> > > >

> > > > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

> > >

> > > Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

> >

>

Scotty has always released some Tei3 and other putters not in the mainstream that are the same from production OTR/Limited offering and to Tour putter.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Having lost confidence in my Spider near the end of August, I bought my Golo 3 back from a friend whom I had sold it to about two years ago.

Since August I've accumulated five SC putters --- 2018 Laguna (insert), Select NP2.5 (no insert), 5s (no insert), Circa 2 (no insert) and the Golo 3 (insert).

I'll be honest --- it makes no difference to me in regards to the insert. They all sound and feel quite similar to me.

The 2018 Laguna has clearly identified itself as my #1. I had the loft tweaked a few degrees on it and it rolls perfectly for me. I just got the Circa the other day and will be using it for the first time this weekend. It needs a to be reduced a bit in loft for me, as does the Select 2.5.

FWIW, I removed the 3M tape in my Laguna's insert when I torched the putter. Does that make a difference in feel? I dunno.

All I know is that the sound of the ball dropping into the hole is the sound I listen for as opposed to the sound of an insert / no insert click. And I hear it more often with the 2018 Laguna.

• Like 1

> @Deluxe186 said:

> heard theyre re release the newport 2.0 again haven't done that in a while

Is a Newport 2.0 different than a Newport 2? I'm confused. Hasn't he released this with every Select line on a two -year cycle?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

> @scottb15 said:

> I heard they will be a 2 piece putter of some sort with no insert. Will be interesting to see ..**** I hope its just a simple design without all that other garbage hes been doing last few years

What do you mean by "2 piece putter"? Milled head with weight inserts?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

> @kevinscott22 said:

>

>

I'm laughing out loud hahahah :D :D