> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He didnt handle the spotlight well. Tremendous businessman and all that but the ultimate what couldve been golfer. Phil has thrown away tournaments and some majors but hes mentally tough and has closed the deal a ton. He also had to contend with a prime Tiger. Norman came after nicklaus and watson and seve to some extent and had a window where he should have won at least 5-6 majors.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think John Daly is more of a "what could have been" situation than Norman. At least Norman won a ton of tournaments around the world and was #1 in the rankings for the equivalent of 6+ years. For the most part he lived up to his talent. Daly is just a huge waste of talent.

> > > >

> > > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He didnt handle the spotlight well. Tremendous businessman and all that but the ultimate what couldve been golfer. Phil has thrown away tournaments and some majors but hes mentally tough and has closed the deal a ton. He also had to contend with a prime Tiger. Norman came after nicklaus and watson and seve to some extent and had a window where he should have won at least 5-6 majors.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think John Daly is more of a "what could have been" situation than Norman. At least Norman won a ton of tournaments around the world and was #1 in the rankings for the equivalent of 6+ years. For the most part he lived up to his talent. Daly is just a huge waste of talent.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Agreed. And Daly is no art collector.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > There is a myth that art collectors such as Greg Norman collect "everything art." If they're art collectors, that automatically means they collect all art, right? The answer is two thumbs down - no. The overwhelming majority collect very specific types of art. They do not buy randomly or arbitrarily wander the vast expanses and write big checks. Nor do they give every artist or gallery on the planet equal consideration. They are on missions to augment their collections entirely with art that fits their (often strict) acquisition parameters. Devoted collectors, especially more experienced ones, do not buy art simply because artists or galleries contact them from out of nowhere, unless by some miracle what they're being contacted about is a perfect match with what they already collect and what they happen to be looking for at that precise instant. In other words, a sale (or even a conversation) is eminently unlikely to happen except in exceptional cases. The overwhelming majority of collectors have progressively narrowed and focused their interests, they know what they're looking for, they know where to find it, they know who to buy it from, they know what fairs or shows to attend, they're networked in, and over time, have cultivated and established circles of trusted contacts with galleries, artists, curators and consultants.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Lol, I still don't know why you think GN is an art collector? You havin a troll, I'm sure ; )

> > >

> > > He seems to lack the patience and other attributes required to enable the thought process you detail...

> > >

> > > "It's 1996, and Greg Norman is sitting in the front passenger

> > > seat of his Chevy Suburban, stuck behind the Little Toyota That

> > > Couldn't on a Miami boulevard. He does not have time for this.

> > > This is a man with a need for speed, a desire to get everything

> > > done a week ago. Enraged that the Camry isn't giving 101%,

> > > Norman reaches in front of Flash, who's driving, and honks the

> > > horn. Norman makes a halfhearted attempt to grab the wheel. He

> > > honks again and curses like a longshoreman. It's odd, because

> > > seconds ago he seemed to be in a fine mood. All of a sudden he's

> > > Krakatoa. "You silly motherf-----!" he shouts. "Get out of the

> > > way!"

> > >

> > > It never happens on the golf course. It never happens in the

> > > press room, where he has shown up for all 51 of his second-place

> > > press conferences. But Greg Norman will lose it on you. In

> > > England in the early '80s he chased down a motorist who kept

> > > swerving in front of him and punched the man in the jaw."

> > >

> > > https://www.si.com/vault/1996/04/15/211915/on-top-of-the-world-greg-norman-the-best-golfer-on-earth-isnt-happy-unless-hes-racing-through-life-at-the-speed-of-an-f-14

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > So Norman as a person with road rage is incapable of being a collector of fine art?

> > I don't follow.

> >

> >

> > I see road rage every single day by all sorts of people.

> > One's status as a "collector" has nothing to do with it.

> >

> >

>

> Lol, he seems the the type of "collector" that would be like....

>

> I really like this painting. Can you make the same one, only much bigger? I've got really big rooms and need something really big. Oh, and this gray part, can you make it red?

Now I’m really starting to feel bad about Myself. Lol.

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @mocokid said:

> > > @"Strömsborg" said:

> > > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > >

> > > > The girls finished up, got the bill, and they would rotate so it was Elin’s turn and she took care of the tab, they said goodbye to the guys and left.

> > > >

> > > > Bro, if that was your wife, would you not have taken care of your wife’s and her friends’ bill?????

> > >

> > > From a Swedish perspective there's nothing strange going on.

> >

> > Seems like she-Elin wanted to do her own thing independently of you know who, don't see no harm in her paying bill, especially in front of her peers, no worries. Yeah I know that at the end of the month the Amex bill is paid by him. Or I should say, the little people who take care of those things for him in Steiny's back office.

>

> Lololol, no wonder Maddie laughingly wanted me to post that story cuz she was convinced that most would see it from her(and the girls’) point of view, lol

>

> I’m a dinosaur?, or possibly as my Best Bud says, “very closed minded,” lolol

>

> I prefer the former?

>

> Thanks for responding and have a great Holiday

> Season Brother?

>

> My Best,

> RP

I doubt this helps. It just means there’s two of us on the hotdog mobile , but I agreed with you. It’s part of the manners I was taught by my grandfather . His response to someone’s possible offense was “ if politeness offends the person. It’s their issue _F-em and go on”. That was the two tours in WWII I don’t give a poop coming out in him. Lol

I’ve been out with my wife and her pals many times. I’ll hold the door for all of them , and Generally speaking , if I’m there when the check comes , I’ll grab it. I have no ulterior motives. I just enjoy the idea of being that dinosaur .

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @mocokid said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He didnt handle the spotlight well. Tremendous businessman and all that but the ultimate what couldve been golfer. Phil has thrown away tournaments and some majors but hes mentally tough and has closed the deal a ton. He also had to contend with a prime Tiger. Norman came after nicklaus and watson and seve to some extent and had a window where he should have won at least 5-6 majors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think John Daly is more of a "what could have been" situation than Norman. At least Norman won a ton of tournaments around the world and was #1 in the rankings for the equivalent of 6+ years. For the most part he lived up to his talent. Daly is just a huge waste of talent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He didnt handle the spotlight well. Tremendous businessman and all that but the ultimate what couldve been golfer. Phil has thrown away tournaments and some majors but hes mentally tough and has closed the deal a ton. He also had to contend with a prime Tiger. Norman came after nicklaus and watson and seve to some extent and had a window where he should have won at least 5-6 majors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think John Daly is more of a "what could have been" situation than Norman. At least Norman won a ton of tournaments around the world and was #1 in the rankings for the equivalent of 6+ years. For the most part he lived up to his talent. Daly is just a huge waste of talent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Agreed. And Daly is no art collector.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is a myth that art collectors such as Greg Norman collect "everything art." If they're art collectors, that automatically means they collect all art, right? The answer is two thumbs down - no. The overwhelming majority collect very specific types of art. They do not buy randomly or arbitrarily wander the vast expanses and write big checks. Nor do they give every artist or gallery on the planet equal consideration. They are on missions to augment their collections entirely with art that fits their (often strict) acquisition parameters. Devoted collectors, especially more experienced ones, do not buy art simply because artists or galleries contact them from out of nowhere, unless by some miracle what they're being contacted about is a perfect match with what they already collect and what they happen to be looking for at that precise instant. In other words, a sale (or even a conversation) is eminently unlikely to happen except in exceptional cases. The overwhelming majority of collectors have progressively narrowed and focused their interests, they know what they're looking for, they know where to find it, they know who to buy it from, they know what fairs or shows to attend, they're networked in, and over time, have cultivated and established circles of trusted contacts with galleries, artists, curators and consultants.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, I still don't know why you think GN is an art collector? You havin a troll, I'm sure ; )

> > > > >

> > > > > He seems to lack the patience and other attributes required to enable the thought process you detail...

> > > > >

> > > > > "It's 1996, and Greg Norman is sitting in the front passenger

> > > > > seat of his Chevy Suburban, stuck behind the Little Toyota That

> > > > > Couldn't on a Miami boulevard. He does not have time for this.

> > > > > This is a man with a need for speed, a desire to get everything

> > > > > done a week ago. Enraged that the Camry isn't giving 101%,

> > > > > Norman reaches in front of Flash, who's driving, and honks the

> > > > > horn. Norman makes a halfhearted attempt to grab the wheel. He

> > > > > honks again and curses like a longshoreman. It's odd, because

> > > > > seconds ago he seemed to be in a fine mood. All of a sudden he's

> > > > > Krakatoa. "You silly motherf-----!" he shouts. "Get out of the

> > > > > way!"

> > > > >

> > > > > It never happens on the golf course. It never happens in the

> > > > > press room, where he has shown up for all 51 of his second-place

> > > > > press conferences. But Greg Norman will lose it on you. In

> > > > > England in the early '80s he chased down a motorist who kept

> > > > > swerving in front of him and punched the man in the jaw."

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.si.com/vault/1996/04/15/211915/on-top-of-the-world-greg-norman-the-best-golfer-on-earth-isnt-happy-unless-hes-racing-through-life-at-the-speed-of-an-f-14

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So Norman as a person with road rage is incapable of being a collector of fine art?

> > > > I don't follow.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I see road rage every single day by all sorts of people.

> > > > One's status as a "collector" has nothing to do with it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Lol, he seems the the type of "collector" that would be like....

> > >

> > > I really like this painting. Can you make the same one, only much bigger? I've got really big rooms and need something really big. Oh, and this gray part, can you make it red?

> >

> >

> >

> > Who knows? It could be that his passion for art started with some zen garden figures or a few pencil etchings.

> > Hard to say really. No doubt his personality he would lean toward something bold and large.

> >

> >

>

> Probably that HOF sports artist LeRoy Neiman- slashing, bold colors. Did LN do a series on GN, who knows?

Absolutely he did...

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/592626711/leroy-neiman-greg-the-shark-norman-golf

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Forged4ever said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > As you can see, art collectors fall into one of four buckets, generally. No offense to anyone here into art with my characterizations. Greg Norman seems to be a hybrid collector. I would say he is driven financially as a trophy hunter but his collection would lean somewhat toward the connoisseur. Even as a collector, Norman seems to be a strange bird.

> > >

> > > ippfkr05au1n.png

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Fergs, I stay out of the mechanical swing threads in the Instruction section cuz they’re using trigonometry & physics when my highest level with the golf swing was always general arithmetic, however this is friggin calculus and I got dizzy tryin to think of guys that I know and where they’d fit, lol

> >

> > Art collectors, connoisseurs & trophies aside....

> >

> > Norman’s still a d!ck?

> >

> > Stay well Brother?

> > RP

>

>

> Hello Richard -

>

>

> No doubt that he’s a d---.

>

> I’m just trying to see if anyone knows if there is side to this guy in his private life (aside from the businesses and cavorting) that is into culture.

> Maybe he got the art bug from his mom or dad? His dad was an engineer, I think.

>

>

> Maybe Greg just wants to share the spotlight (as a former #1) with Tiger?

> "Look at us we're business and golf pals."

Ferg, whilst years in America may have changed him, deep down he's still a Queenslander and perhaps identifies as a Far North Queenslander (a separate breed to the normal one).

C(Q)ulture is dress thongs, not the rubber ones, beer in a glass and holidays in exotic locations like Bali where you can hit the piss with other Queenslanders. My former BIL had a singlet he proudly wore' "There's only two states to be in, Queensland and pissed".

The most commonly sold piece of "art" in Qld would be a print of dogs playing pool.

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > > @dpb5031 said:

> > > > Sounds like Norman really was a d!ck.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger doesnt exactly have a stellar rep with locker room attendants and club/event staff on Tour either. Equally d!ckish and cheap to boot by most accounts

> > >

> > > Hey Bro, I hope all’s well?

> > >

> > > I think that this story is hilarious, though it’s more in the symbolism than anything said or done, and it goes to what you were saying about Tiger’s cheapness. Back when Tiger was married, they lived on the next street from my Sis, Tracey Lynn(pictured below with her youngest, who’s a riot, lol) who has three girls, the youngest being the same age as Samantha(12yo) and they used to go to the same yoga studio or whateverTF they’re called and they’d take their lil one(s) and then my Sis, Elin and one other mother who lived near them would go have coffee/croissants at this restaurant/diner afterwards.

> > >

> > > My Sis had met Tiger prior though didn’t know him other than to say hi and so he walked in with a Bud, who turned out to be Notah, saw Elin, walked over, bent over and kissed her and Sam, said hi to my Sis and the third girl, introduced Notah, then they both went to another table and sat down.

> > >

> > > The girls finished up, got the bill, and they would rotate so it was Elin’s turn and she took care of the tab, they said goodbye to the guys and left.

> > >

> > >** Bro, if that was your wife, would you not have taken care of your wife’s and her friends’ bill?????**

> > >

> > > My Sis and Maddie said that they would not expect either my Sis’s husband or me to pick up the tab, but WTF?????

> > >

> > > I’m not condemning Tiger on this, as you guys all know that I love the guy as a Player and competitor, but WTDoubleF?????

> > >

> > > Tiger’s “so cheap that he squeaks” doesn’t do him justice as Jimmy Furyk told a couple of similarly hilarious stories, and this kinda sh•t is the stuff of Icons??

> > >

> > > That’s as bad as when Pete, Sam and I would go to this lil dive joint down the road from Pete’s range and Sam would ask for THREE CHITS??? Even though Pete would say bring one chit, Sam would always say to bring “at least” two??

> > >

> > > We’re talkin less than $20 for all three of us, lmao

> > >

> > > The stuff of Icons!!

> > >

> > > Stay well Brother and have a Blessed Holiday Season?

> > >

> > > My Best,

> > > Richard

> > >

> > > nx8wguvl9ecg.jpeg

> >

> > The wife's bill story I don't think is very bad. Maybe he didn't want to involve himself in their meal/group. Like you said they sat at a separate table.

> >

> > Also, Tiger did pay for it since who do you think paid Elin's credit card bill and paid for her life? :D

> >

> > Hope you're well Richard. Love your posts just might disagree on that one.

> >

> > Although I'm sure Tiger has been very cheap on other occasions.

>

> Hey Brother, I’m done with everything cept PT and trying to get some semblance of a swing in place for next season, lolol?

>

> I tried to preface my post in a lighter manner and that I wasn’t “ripping” Tiger and needless to say Madison agrees with you and the other guys, though I do remember when she told me about it, my initial thoughts were “why didn’t he take of the check or at least offer to,” however Maddie did open my eyes to the fact that Elin was an adult female, out with her friends and that if I did that if the situation involved us, that she would be sort of embarrassed because had I not been there, with it being her turn to pay, she would have with no second thoughts or concerns.

>

> I may be a lil slow, thought I’m not a moron and I will say that if I ever walk into a situation similar to this one with Madison and her friends, I would handle it like Tiger did, lolol.

>

> Have a great Holiday Season Bro?

>

> All the Best,

> Richard

>

Haha. Yeah, your heart is in the right place.

Maybe also Tiger doesn't want to be looked at as a walking ATM and wants people to just see him as a normal guy :D Good luck with that one Tiger.

I'm glad your health is good and I am sure you will find a great swing again. Even if it takes 3-5 rounds to figure it out. The fun is in the journey.

I played in the rain today by myself. Walking at an executive course. Am I crazy? It's a fine line.

Thanks for the well wishes. Merry early Christmas!

-Mike

> @Malvern said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > As you can see, art collectors fall into one of four buckets, generally. No offense to anyone here into art with my characterizations. Greg Norman seems to be a hybrid collector. I would say he is driven financially as a trophy hunter but his collection would lean somewhat toward the connoisseur. Even as a collector, Norman seems to be a strange bird.

> > > >

> > > > ippfkr05au1n.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Fergs, I stay out of the mechanical swing threads in the Instruction section cuz they’re using trigonometry & physics when my highest level with the golf swing was always general arithmetic, however this is friggin calculus and I got dizzy tryin to think of guys that I know and where they’d fit, lol

> > >

> > > Art collectors, connoisseurs & trophies aside....

> > >

> > > Norman’s still a d!ck?

> > >

> > > Stay well Brother?

> > > RP

> >

> >

> > Hello Richard -

> >

> >

> > No doubt that he’s a d---.

> >

> > I’m just trying to see if anyone knows if there is side to this guy in his private life (aside from the businesses and cavorting) that is into culture.

> > Maybe he got the art bug from his mom or dad? His dad was an engineer, I think.

> >

> >

> > Maybe Greg just wants to share the spotlight (as a former #1) with Tiger?

> > "Look at us we're business and golf pals."

>

> Ferg, whilst years in America may have changed him, deep down he's still a Queenslander and perhaps identifies as a Far North Queenslander (a separate breed to the normal one).

>

> C(Q)ulture is dress thongs, not the rubber ones, beer in a glass and holidays in exotic locations like Bali where you can hit the **** with other Queenslanders. My former BIL had a singlet he proudly wore' "There's only two states to be in, Queensland and pissed".

>

> The most commonly sold piece of "art" in Qld would be a print of dogs playing pool.

>

SO the plot thickens.

> @mocokid said:

> > @Malvern said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > As you can see, art collectors fall into one of four buckets, generally. No offense to anyone here into art with my characterizations. Greg Norman seems to be a hybrid collector. I would say he is driven financially as a trophy hunter but his collection would lean somewhat toward the connoisseur. Even as a collector, Norman seems to be a strange bird.

> > > > >

> > > > > ippfkr05au1n.png

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Fergs, I stay out of the mechanical swing threads in the Instruction section cuz they’re using trigonometry & physics when my highest level with the golf swing was always general arithmetic, however this is friggin calculus and I got dizzy tryin to think of guys that I know and where they’d fit, lol

> > > >

> > > > Art collectors, connoisseurs & trophies aside....

> > > >

> > > > Norman’s still a d!ck?

> > > >

> > > > Stay well Brother?

> > > > RP

> > >

> > >

> > > Hello Richard -

> > >

> > >

> > > No doubt that he’s a d---.

> > >

> > > I’m just trying to see if anyone knows if there is side to this guy in his private life (aside from the businesses and cavorting) that is into culture.

> > > Maybe he got the art bug from his mom or dad? His dad was an engineer, I think.

> > >

> > >

> > > Maybe Greg just wants to share the spotlight (as a former #1) with Tiger?

> > > "Look at us we're business and golf pals."

> >

> > Ferg, whilst years in America may have changed him, deep down he's still a Queenslander and perhaps identifies as a Far North Queenslander (a separate breed to the normal one).

> >

> > C(Q)ulture is dress thongs, not the rubber ones, beer in a glass and holidays in exotic locations like Bali where you can hit the **** with other Queenslanders. My former BIL had a singlet he proudly wore' "There's only two states to be in, Queensland and pissed".

> >

> > The most commonly sold piece of "art" in Qld would be a print of dogs playing pool.

> >

>

> SO the plot thickens.

The art world is full of people that prefer to keep their "collecting habits" private. A guy like Norman goes shooting his mouth off about a 1M painting at his house and the next thing you know he's got security issues.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @mocokid said:

> > > @Malvern said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > As you can see, art collectors fall into one of four buckets, generally. No offense to anyone here into art with my characterizations. Greg Norman seems to be a hybrid collector. I would say he is driven financially as a trophy hunter but his collection would lean somewhat toward the connoisseur. Even as a collector, Norman seems to be a strange bird.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ippfkr05au1n.png

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Fergs, I stay out of the mechanical swing threads in the Instruction section cuz they’re using trigonometry & physics when my highest level with the golf swing was always general arithmetic, however this is friggin calculus and I got dizzy tryin to think of guys that I know and where they’d fit, lol

> > > > >

> > > > > Art collectors, connoisseurs & trophies aside....

> > > > >

> > > > > Norman’s still a d!ck?

> > > > >

> > > > > Stay well Brother?

> > > > > RP

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hello Richard -

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > No doubt that he’s a d---.

> > > >

> > > > I’m just trying to see if anyone knows if there is side to this guy in his private life (aside from the businesses and cavorting) that is into culture.

> > > > Maybe he got the art bug from his mom or dad? His dad was an engineer, I think.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Maybe Greg just wants to share the spotlight (as a former #1) with Tiger?

> > > > "Look at us we're business and golf pals."

> > >

> > > Ferg, whilst years in America may have changed him, deep down he's still a Queenslander and perhaps identifies as a Far North Queenslander (a separate breed to the normal one).

> > >

> > > C(Q)ulture is dress thongs, not the rubber ones, beer in a glass and holidays in exotic locations like Bali where you can hit the **** with other Queenslanders. My former BIL had a singlet he proudly wore' "There's only two states to be in, Queensland and pissed".

> > >

> > > The most commonly sold piece of "art" in Qld would be a print of dogs playing pool.

> > >

> >

> > SO the plot thickens.

>

>

>

> The art world is full of people that prefer to keep their "collecting habits" private. A guy like Norman goes shooting his mouth off about a 1M painting at his house and the next thing you know he's got security issues.

>

I think his "collecting habits" are so private

Even he doesn't know about them ; )

Plus, does this guy look like he needs any security? Most secure guy on the planet....

31y319mzt47j.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6522233/Born-wild-Greg-Shark-Norman-goes-bikie-mode-swings-Christmas-workmates.html

OAWUGUQ98C7Y.jpgLooks like the submissive guy to Wez in The Road Warrior.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Hi Mike? Richard did have his heart in the right place but I have to agree with you and the guys, hahaha. I really think that between Richard being raised by his grandmother and having spent so much time with Pete that he picked up a lot of their beliefs and I know that that is why Pete was like my father(I never met my biological father) and why Richard stood out from his friends to me, who were a lot like him but he had a “switch,” that he seemed to flip when around females or guys that were not like he and his friends, whereas his friends did not always hit that switch. He’s not as close minded as he purports to be, as he has changed a lot since I first met him as a playing partner, lol.

Regarding Tiger, obviously I saw nothing wrong with his behavior that day and I think that while he adored and emulated his father while he was alive, as he matured following his death, while a lot of his self destructive behavior came to the forefront, through his missteps and mistakes, he gained a level of humility and I believe that with that humility came an increased level of empathy, understanding and kindness towards others that he did not possess in his 20’s and well into his 30’s. It is impossible for 99.999% of the guys out there to understand the microscope that he has been under since well before his teen years, and then to add the adulation that he had for a man who, I will just leave it at he looked at others for what they could do for HIM, what they could give HIM and how the relationship could benefit HIM(this was told to me by Sam based on a discussion with Earl that occurred in the mid-90’s), well, let’s just say that Tiger’s dominant life principles and traits were not built on the soundest foundation. He’s done just fine. He’s a better man today than he was a decade ago and that’s all that I think you can ask of someone, that they right their wrongs and improve themselves and their treatment of others. So he’s cheap, hahaha. One of Richard’s friends from the club is worse. When he’s at Richard’s bar and gets the .90 draft, he always picks up the dime, hahaha. At the end of an evening when he has spent about $20, between beer, liquor and appetizers, he will ALWAYS leave a $2 tip. Richard has joked about banning him “on principle,” haha. Take care Mike and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Madison?

• Like 1

Yea, I forgot about him, lolol?

He’s much worse than Tiger, and you forgot to mention the “get well” card incident, lol??

So I’m in the hospital this past spring following an eye surgery and I come back from PT and there’s this pale yellow envelope on my bed. I open it, read the front and it was very sentimental, like something that either a significant other, relative or loved one would send.

Opening it and reading the inside and then who sent it and then I was like “WTF,” as it was signed by this idiot that Madison was speaking of, lolol.

Also, there was white out above the card script, as though someone had written the recipient’s name above the script and then there was white out below the script, covering an obvious message along with the original sender’s name.

I reread the whole card again as I had gotten my pain meds before PT, and I wanted to make sure that I read this all correctly.

Yeppers, I’d read the card correctly, it was indeed whited out and then signed by this moron?

I snapped a pic of the outside and inside of card and sent it to Madison, and though I had a pretty good idea of what had happened, I wanted her to see this, lolol

So I called my Bud, thanked him for stopping by and then asked “WTF?!?!?”

Short answer, he stopped at the dollar store, they didn’t have any get well cards and in his briefcase he had a card that his Sis had given him last year when he’s had an acute appendicitis attack, was hospitalized and had the surgery. He had stopped by my father’s office at the hospital, borrowed their “white-out,” and wala, my get well card was created.

He’s also the guy who tried to pay for a SWAT loss through his PayPal account??

We already accepted personal checks from him(they’ve always been good, he just doesn’t carry much cash) however we said “GTFOH” regarding the PayPal, lol

I’m pretty “normal” compared to some of the idiots that I hang around, lol?

Stay Well Gents?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Apologies, as I couldn’t get the “quote” to work so that I could respond directly to Maddie’s post, lol.

I also am unable to edit any of my posts. Are you able to edit your posts. If it’s relevant, I use my phone for 95%+ of my posts.

Thanks Much Brother?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

This is a little off topic but I don’t want guys who may not know much about Sam to think that Richard was serious about him being a cheapskate. Sam was a very very generous man going back to his tour days when he would lend young struggling pros $400-500, which at the time was a lot of money, so that they could stay on the road and get to the next few tournaments, laughingly telling the to just remember him when they cashed their first check. Probably his most famous “loan” was the $1500 that he gave to a struggling Ralph Guldahl, who’s IOU Sam carried in his wallet to his last day. He also bought homes for disabled veterans back from the Vietnam war in his hometown of Hot Springs, VA. He paid for more caddies’ college educations than he could remember, one medical school and two law schools, that I know of. While Sam could be miserly, and contrary to a lot of stories out there, he usually did not play in a lot of the big money games when he came to town, usually playing for $2 and $5 nassaus with Richard’s father and friends, he never ever let me pay for so much as a coke and when he used Richard’s caddy from the club when he came up to play in town, he paid Jason $200/round, versus the other pros were giving their caddies $100/round. Yes, Sam would play games with Pete and Richard with the checks, though he gave Richard a beautiful Filson field coat for his 40th birthday that Richard still wears to this day. Sam was a very generous man. Usually it’s Richard that goes off the rails but I just didn’t want guys to put Sam in the same category as Tiger for miserliness, hahaha. Madison?

• Like 1

Kinda makes me think that Tiger was basically Cobra Kai before, and now he's Miyagi-Do. Only makes sense if you watched the Karate kid YouTube dramas, or still remember the Karate Kid movies. Would have been interesting to see if he would have won just as much with this new mentality vs his old no mercy style.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

I believe Norman and Tiger don't get along because they are too alike. And people don't like people who are too much like themselves. They're both self-absorbed and have been idolized. They've both been world No. 1 for more than a month or two.

Both have a presence. Both cannot go anywhere without being recognized. Most PGA Tour players don't get recognized with a change of clothes. It doesn't matter what these two are wearing, even non-golfers are going to recognize them anywhere. They can't go to a restaurant without people gawking at them. And they both put on their costume and walk their walk when out in public.

On the other hand, I could be full of crap, in which case I'll run for some political office.

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key