2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Greg Norman's Obsession With Tiger Continues

chrismikayla

Tiger has three times more talent than Norman had. Norman's swing was flawed but because he practiced non stop he was able to keep it in good shape. Once he got older and injured more often he couldn't keep it up. That is why he never played the champions tour. His game had fallen off so much by then it would have taken to much work for him to get it back.

I don't think he ever excepted that. He tries to stay relevant in the game by any means but his time has passed him by. He had his run.

Tiger has earned the right in golf to do what he wants. He doesn't have to talk to Norman. Why should he? He doesn't owe him anything. They were never friends. Norman just needs to move on. Enjoy his success. Why does he care anymore? He has nothing to prove to anybody either.

If it is true that he was and is a true dick then it always comes back to haunt you in life, one way or another.

Why do people love Jack? or Arnie? for the same reason, they love Tiger now. He was humbled and he learned from it. Norman never did.

> @"Old Tom Morris" said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @"Old Tom Morris" said:

> > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > I generally disassociate character and talent. It's convenient and necessary to a degree. Einstein left his wife and kids for his cousin. Does his contribution to humanity diminish? Athletes and artists suffer the need to be validated to a greater degree than most so it's not surprising there's an under lying shadow of bad character there. Or it might be, their absorption to be great, retards some character traits. Norman's big crime is he's always been a Tool. He measures his success by his bank account. Tiger always cared about history more and there's little doubt it still does. If Tiger were more like Norman, he would have hung it up 5 years ago. If Norman had had Tiger's sensibility, he would have won 10 majors and that letter would have been answered. Either way, I'm still a fan of both.

> > >

> > > Great summary of this whole episode and fair assessment of both men. Both very talented.

> > >

> > > Greg Norman was the original FIGJAM, and sometime during the late 90s Tiger assumed the #1 FIGJAM.

> >

> > Big difference between

> >

> > FIGJAMe and FIGJAThem ; )

> >

> > gfmyiqzw59pf.png

> >

> >

>

> Both players were very popular. Their popularity has nothing to do with each player's unabashed arrogance and selfishness.

My reply was directed toward your FIGJAM comment.

It's on target for Norman. The guy loves talk about himself. He also seems to like to kick TW when he was down and say things like,

“He will win again. He will win other tour events. But a major? I don’t see it.” OR

"Tiger's a tough guy, but I was a tough guy on the course, too. I probably would have beat him."

That's the definition of FIGJAM

TW, otoh, is the opposite. You can ask him....but he won't say a word ; )

• Like 1

Does anyone else recall him losing at ANGC to Faldo, one of the first sentences out of his mouth post round was " I just got XX million out of my Cobra sale ..."

gTFOH dude

• Like 3

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @Malvern said:

> > @Badds said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > It does make him look needy. He needs to concentrate on his love interest, if he has one. Sounds lonely.

> >

> > Greg Norman's love interest is himself, Greg Norman.

> >

>

> What makes you say that?

>

> fw9jjb8x0oe6.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

That's got to be a Rodin ; )

Thread is TL,DR all of it, but whatever happened to Greg Norman's huge announcement that was going to change the game? This was in 2016 or 2017, said he was going to break the iron grip the ruling bodies had on the game or some other nonsense? He was going to have a big media event at his office, then .................................................................................... only mouse farts since.

• Like 2

> @golfandfishing said:

> Thread is TL,DR all of it, but whatever happened to Greg Norman's huge announcement that was going to change the game? This was in 2016 or 2017, said he was going to break the iron grip the ruling bodies had on the game or some other nonsense? He was going to have a big media event at his office, then .................................................................................... only mouse farts since.

I remember when Greg Norman claimed (circa 1998 Shark Shootout) that invented the "stinger" shot.

> @golfandfishing said:

> Thread is TL,DR all of it, but whatever happened to Greg Norman's huge announcement that was going to change the game? This was in 2016 or 2017, said he was going to break the iron grip the ruling bodies had on the game or some other nonsense? He was going to have a big media event at his office, then .................................................................................... only mouse farts since.

You've "triggered" some mice with that comment :)

> @Malvern said:

> > @Badds said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > It does make him look needy. He needs to concentrate on his love interest, if he has one. Sounds lonely.

> >

> >

>

>

> fw9jjb8x0oe6.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

your responds made me laugh.....it was right on time...

> @golfandfishing said:

> > Thread is TL,DR all of it, but whatever happened to Greg Norman's huge announcement that was going to change the game? This was in 2016 or 2017, said he was going to break the iron grip the ruling bodies had on the game or some other nonsense? He was going to have a big media event at his office, then .................................................................................... only mouse farts since.

>

We could speculate but then we would only be gassing.

> @Malvern said:

> > @Badds said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> >

> >

>

>

> fw9jjb8x0oe6.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

I had no idea that photo existed. Incredible. Though ultimately not surprising in the least.

> @Dpavs said:

>

> > @golfandfishing said:

> > > Thread is TL,DR all of it, but whatever happened to Greg Norman's huge announcement that was going to change the game? This was in 2016 or 2017, said he was going to break the iron grip the ruling bodies had on the game or some other nonsense? He was going to have a big media event at his office, then .................................................................................... only mouse farts since.

> >

>

> We could speculate but then we would only be **gassing.**

>

>

Too many black beans?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @Malvern said:

> > @Badds said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> >

> >

>

>

> fw9jjb8x0oe6.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

Crippled creeping Jesus on a three wheeled bike; I can't even imagine ever doing something like this and I'm pretty full of myself.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

Never knew all the details of the 96 collapse. This piece is excellent....

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-sharks-collapse-20-years-later

“Frank yells at me, ‘Did you tell the whole world that Greg was going to choke and not win the Masters? Greg wants to put his hands on your throat!’ ” Kostis recalls. Only then did Kostis realize that his remarks about Norman’s swing made their way onto the air. That the Masters leader got wind of it and called Chirkinian to complain hours before his tee time spoke to Norman’s fragile state of mind.

“I said to Frank, ‘If all he’s got to do on the most important golf day of his life is call you, he’s not in a good place,’ ” Kostis says.

Twenty years later, Norman doesn’t disagree.

“I knew deep down Sunday morning I wasn’t feeling great,” Norman says. “I was completely off.”

> @Man_O_War said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @BeerPerHole said:

> > > Odd that he'd take the snub public...

> >

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Norman is a classless, pompous, immoral jerk. I stopped buying anything he makes, sells, endorses many years ago. I suggest others do the same.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > immoral - how so?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > https://amp.smh.com.au/national/greg-norman-stole-my-wife-mill-20070819-gdqwdd.html

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not only did he do this once but twice. A 4x homewrecker. The guy is morally bankrupt. He's sounding lonely and desperate for attention.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > maybe dont go down this road considering what we know about tiger. Lets put the morality card back in the deck as it doesnt help either of them.if you call one immoral you have to call the other one the same considering this was like 2 years ago

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > lkrnja2p95v7.png

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > none of it matters. I dont care about tigers crap just as i dont care about normans crap. trying to measure one or the other for stuff outside golf is futile.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't care about Tiger's crap but you show a picture of him not wrecking a home ... guy was on pain meds that ffed him up. Unless one's head has been under a mushroom you are aware of the dangers of opiods and what "normal" citizens have been known to do under this influence...other than kill themselves. The drugs got Tiger...no home wrecker here...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seriously? thats what you got from that? hes not a home wrecker? are we in opposite land? its okay we'll leave it at that...

> > > > >

> > > > > Tigers old neighbor would prob disagree...

> > > >

> > > > oops..forgot..he wrecked his own home...at least. Still think putting that picture of Tiger drugged out to prove a point..proved a point.

> > >

> > > yes much more honorable... good grief man are you hearing yourself? one is not better than the other, that was the point

> >

> > Low I often agree with you but not this time. My point was NOT to compare TW to GN immorality, but to remind people of Norman's dishonorable behavior. He's a well know narcissistic person and a d***head as Richard said it. Norman is also serial homewrecker, ruining not only two of his own marriages but stealing married women including his best friends wife. That's pretty low and should be known before anyone defends him.

>

> he doesn't get that there isn't a moral equivalence between a man who undergoes surgery, in pain and gets his meds wrong...at least that was the picture he chose to show.. to back his "thoughts" up. He could have shown Elin with a putter at Tiger's head and that's a different story. People like Norman normally go with women they can dominate... Chris Evert i don't think was one such woman...he hasn't really recovered since

The amount of projection in your post is disturbing. He was on pills way before this last surgery so please stop this BS. Your feelings got hurt because i posted that picture of tiger and you cant get over it. let it go man. As for what type of women Greg gets with, i mean are you hearing yourself? While were at it tell me what types of women Tiger prefersand what does that say about him? see? it goes nowhere fast. Lets be adults about this. You hate Norman i get it and thats your right but to make the excuses you have about one and excuse the other is pretty revealing. Im very happy tiger didnt hurt himself or anyone else that night and his pill popping which started over a decade prior to that incident doesnt change how i feel about him or root for him. There is an absolute moral equivalence you simply deny it because you love one guy and hate the other. Its ok, just be honest about it. I love both players for how different they were( 1 was uber talented with tremendous work ethic almost always a bridesmaid,a tragic loser/figure most of the time and the other was as well a relentless worker blessed prodigy who was a stone cold killer when he had a chance to close out tournaments) I dont care a lick about their personal stuff but facts are facts even when theyre inconvenient to your fandom.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @BeerPerHole said:

> > Odd that he'd take the snub public...

>

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > Norman is a classless, pompous, immoral jerk. I stopped buying anything he makes, sells, endorses many years ago. I suggest others do the same.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > immoral - how so?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://amp.smh.com.au/national/greg-norman-stole-my-wife-mill-20070819-gdqwdd.html

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not only did he do this once but twice. A 4x homewrecker. The guy is morally bankrupt. He's sounding lonely and desperate for attention.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > maybe dont go down this road considering what we know about tiger. Lets put the morality card back in the deck as it doesnt help either of them.if you call one immoral you have to call the other one the same considering this was like 2 years ago

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > lkrnja2p95v7.png

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > none of it matters. I dont care about tigers crap just as i dont care about normans crap. trying to measure one or the other for stuff outside golf is futile.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't care about Tiger's crap but you show a picture of him not wrecking a home ... guy was on pain meds that ffed him up. Unless one's head has been under a mushroom you are aware of the dangers of opiods and what "normal" citizens have been known to do under this influence...other than kill themselves. The drugs got Tiger...no home wrecker here...

> > > > >

> > > > > Seriously? thats what you got from that? hes not a home wrecker? are we in opposite land? its okay we'll leave it at that...

> > > >

> > > > Tigers old neighbor would prob disagree...

> > >

> > > oops..forgot..he wrecked his own home...at least. Still think putting that picture of Tiger drugged out to prove a point..proved a point.

> >

> > yes much more honorable... good grief man are you hearing yourself? one is not better than the other, that was the point

>

> Low I often agree with you but not this time. My point was NOT to compare TW to GN immorality, but to remind people of Norman's dishonorable behavior. He's a well know narcissistic person and a d***head as Richard said it. Norman is also serial homewrecker, ruining not only two of his own marriages but stealing married women including his best friends wife. That's pretty low and should be known before anyone defends him.

I guess were talking past each other then because theres confusion. I guess your biggest issue is norman getting with married women and that trumps everything else.?

> @bscinstnct said:

> Never knew all the details of the 96 collapse. This piece is excellent....

>

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-sharks-collapse-20-years-later

>

>

> “Frank yells at me, ‘Did you tell the whole world that Greg was going to choke and not win the Masters? Greg wants to put his hands on your throat!’ ” Kostis recalls. Only then did Kostis realize that his remarks about Norman’s swing made their way onto the air. That the Masters leader got wind of it and called Chirkinian to complain hours before his tee time spoke to Norman’s fragile state of mind.

>

> “I said to Frank, ‘If all he’s got to do on the most important golf day of his life is call you, he’s not in a good place,’ ” Kostis says.

>

> Twenty years later, Norman doesn’t disagree.

>

> “I knew deep down Sunday morning I wasn’t feeling great,” Norman says. “I was completely off.”

That was always an issue with Greg. He had rabbit ears. He didnt handle criticism well. Thats what made tiger and Jack so great. They used those types of things as motivation and let their play do the talking. They knew how to win and more so how to win without their best stuff. If Greg wasnt firing on all cylinders hed fold. its a shame because had he broken through sooner who knows? could have gone on to a watson light type career. When he was on it was very impressive just didnt happen often enough. I recall the interview youre talking about. He woke up had breakfast and started feeling the nerves. its understandable and human. He was blessed with the ability but never the mind.

• Like 1

> @lowheel said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > Never knew all the details of the 96 collapse. This piece is excellent....

> >

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-sharks-collapse-20-years-later

> >

> >

> > “Frank yells at me, ‘Did you tell the whole world that Greg was going to choke and not win the Masters? Greg wants to put his hands on your throat!’ ” Kostis recalls. Only then did Kostis realize that his remarks about Norman’s swing made their way onto the air. That the Masters leader got wind of it and called Chirkinian to complain hours before his tee time spoke to Norman’s fragile state of mind.

> >

> > “I said to Frank, ‘If all he’s got to do on the most important golf day of his life is call you, he’s not in a good place,’ ” Kostis says.

> >

> > Twenty years later, Norman doesn’t disagree.

> >

> > “I knew deep down Sunday morning I wasn’t feeling great,” Norman says. “I was completely off.”

>

> That was always an issue with Greg. He had rabbit ears. He didnt handle criticism well. Thats what made tiger and Jack so great. They used those types of things as motivation and let their play do the talking. They knew how to win and more so how to win without their best stuff. If Greg wasnt firing on all cylinders hed fold. its a shame because had he broken through sooner who knows? could have gone on to a watson light type career. When he was on it was very impressive just didnt happen often enough. I recall the interview youre talking about. He woke up had breakfast and started feeling the nerves. its understandable and human. He was blessed with the ability but never the mind.

Ya, hope you doing good, btw.

But what was the big thing he wished he “confessed” to Butch on Sunday?

Thanks for the responses. Many of you seem to agree that Greg left this note for his own ego and feelings. If you leave a congratulatory note, be satisfied that you sent a nice note without expecting anything like acknowledgement in return.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 14.5

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW

Cleveland CG-10 52,56,60

Cleveland Classic 4.5

> @Malvern said:

> > @Badds said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> >

> >

>

>

> fw9jjb8x0oe6.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

Yikes. There's being full of yourself and then there's this.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 14.5

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW

Cleveland CG-10 52,56,60

Cleveland Classic 4.5

> @lowheel said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @BeerPerHole said:

> > > Odd that he'd take the snub public...

> >

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Norman is a classless, pompous, immoral jerk. I stopped buying anything he makes, sells, endorses many years ago. I suggest others do the same.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > immoral - how so?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > https://amp.smh.com.au/national/greg-norman-stole-my-wife-mill-20070819-gdqwdd.html

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not only did he do this once but twice. A 4x homewrecker. The guy is morally bankrupt. He's sounding lonely and desperate for attention.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > maybe dont go down this road considering what we know about tiger. Lets put the morality card back in the deck as it doesnt help either of them.if you call one immoral you have to call the other one the same considering this was like 2 years ago

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > lkrnja2p95v7.png

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > none of it matters. I dont care about tigers crap just as i dont care about normans crap. trying to measure one or the other for stuff outside golf is futile.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't care about Tiger's crap but you show a picture of him not wrecking a home ... guy was on pain meds that ffed him up. Unless one's head has been under a mushroom you are aware of the dangers of opiods and what "normal" citizens have been known to do under this influence...other than kill themselves. The drugs got Tiger...no home wrecker here...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seriously? thats what you got from that? hes not a home wrecker? are we in opposite land? its okay we'll leave it at that...

> > > > >

> > > > > Tigers old neighbor would prob disagree...

> > > >

> > > > oops..forgot..he wrecked his own home...at least. Still think putting that picture of Tiger drugged out to prove a point..proved a point.

> > >

> > > yes much more honorable... good grief man are you hearing yourself? one is not better than the other, that was the point

> >

> > Low I often agree with you but not this time. My point was NOT to compare TW to GN immorality, but to remind people of Norman's dishonorable behavior. He's a well know narcissistic person and a d***head as Richard said it. Norman is also serial homewrecker, ruining not only two of his own marriages but stealing married women including his best friends wife. That's pretty low and should be known before anyone defends him.

>

> I guess were talking past each other then because theres confusion. I guess your biggest issue is norman getting with married women and that trumps everything else.?

When you ruin not only your own marriages twice plus two other families which includes your best friends wife that's a special kind of dirtbag. On top of that Norman is a well known serial d**khead. It's pathetic that he's trying to play the victim because he didn't hear from Tiger.

PS you should know from my years of being very critical of tiger that I'm far from a fanboy.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @BeerPerHole said:

> > > > Odd that he'd take the snub public...

> > >

> > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > @Man_O_War said:

> > > > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Norman is a classless, pompous, immoral jerk. I stopped buying anything he makes, sells, endorses many years ago. I suggest others do the same.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > immoral - how so?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > https://amp.smh.com.au/national/greg-norman-stole-my-wife-mill-20070819-gdqwdd.html

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Not only did he do this once but twice. A 4x homewrecker. The guy is morally bankrupt. He's sounding lonely and desperate for attention.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > maybe dont go down this road considering what we know about tiger. Lets put the morality card back in the deck as it doesnt help either of them.if you call one immoral you have to call the other one the same considering this was like 2 years ago

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > lkrnja2p95v7.png

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > none of it matters. I dont care about tigers crap just as i dont care about normans crap. trying to measure one or the other for stuff outside golf is futile.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't care about Tiger's crap but you show a picture of him not wrecking a home ... guy was on pain meds that ffed him up. Unless one's head has been under a mushroom you are aware of the dangers of opiods and what "normal" citizens have been known to do under this influence...other than kill themselves. The drugs got Tiger...no home wrecker here...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Seriously? thats what you got from that? hes not a home wrecker? are we in opposite land? its okay we'll leave it at that...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tigers old neighbor would prob disagree...

> > > > >

> > > > > oops..forgot..he wrecked his own home...at least. Still think putting that picture of Tiger drugged out to prove a point..proved a point.

> > > >

> > > > yes much more honorable... good grief man are you hearing yourself? one is not better than the other, that was the point

> > >

> > > Low I often agree with you but not this time. My point was NOT to compare TW to GN immorality, but to remind people of Norman's dishonorable behavior. He's a well know narcissistic person and a d***head as Richard said it. Norman is also serial homewrecker, ruining not only two of his own marriages but stealing married women including his best friends wife. That's pretty low and should be known before anyone defends him.

> >

> > I guess were talking past each other then because theres confusion. I guess your biggest issue is norman getting with married women and that trumps everything else.?

>

> When you ruin not only your own marriages twice plus two other families which includes your best friends wife that's a special kind of dirtbag. On top of that Norman is a well known serial d**khead. It's pathetic that he's trying to play the victim because he didn't hear from Tiger.

>

> PS you should know from my years of being very critical of tiger that I'm far from a fanboy.

no worries i didnt call you a fanboy, i was trying to understand exactly what you meant. thanks for clarifying.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > Never knew all the details of the 96 collapse. This piece is excellent....

> > >

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-sharks-collapse-20-years-later

> > >

> > >

> > > “Frank yells at me, ‘Did you tell the whole world that Greg was going to choke and not win the Masters? Greg wants to put his hands on your throat!’ ” Kostis recalls. Only then did Kostis realize that his remarks about Norman’s swing made their way onto the air. That the Masters leader got wind of it and called Chirkinian to complain hours before his tee time spoke to Norman’s fragile state of mind.

> > >

> > > “I said to Frank, ‘If all he’s got to do on the most important golf day of his life is call you, he’s not in a good place,’ ” Kostis says.

> > >

> > > Twenty years later, Norman doesn’t disagree.

> > >

> > > “I knew deep down Sunday morning I wasn’t feeling great,” Norman says. “I was completely off.”

> >

> > That was always an issue with Greg. He had rabbit ears. He didnt handle criticism well. Thats what made tiger and Jack so great. They used those types of things as motivation and let their play do the talking. They knew how to win and more so how to win without their best stuff. If Greg wasnt firing on all cylinders hed fold. its a shame because had he broken through sooner who knows? could have gone on to a watson light type career. When he was on it was very impressive just didnt happen often enough. I recall the interview youre talking about. He woke up had breakfast and started feeling the nerves. its understandable and human. He was blessed with the ability but never the mind.

>

> Ya, hope you doing good, btw.

>

> But what was the big thing he wished he “confessed” to Butch on Sunday?

>

>

I heard him say that too and didnt understand it. I think it was to tell butch that he woke up with a bad back and it was pretty bad and stiff. Thats what i understood

Guy was/is a strange cat.

He didnt handle the spotlight well. Tremendous businessman and all that but the ultimate what couldve been golfer. Phil has thrown away tournaments and some majors but hes mentally tough and has closed the deal a ton. He also had to contend with a prime Tiger. Norman came after nicklaus and watson and seve to some extent and had a window where he should have won at least 5-6 majors.

• Like 1

> @Ferguson said:

> Boil any thread topic down to it's basic elements, and what's left in the pan?

> Marital problems.

>

>

>

>

>

And tiger. As in tiger can be inserted successfully into any golf conversation. “ how’d you play today bob ? ..... ok. Didn’t putt like tiger , but I did have my 9 wood stinger working “. It’s just the basic element. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Ferguson said:

> Boil any thread topic down to it's basic elements, and what's left in the pan?

> Marital problems.

>

>

>

>

>

Tried that in the Instruction forum - didn't help.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > Boil any thread topic down to it's basic elements, and what's left in the pan?

> > Marital problems.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> And tiger. As in tiger can be inserted successfully into any golf conversation. “ how’d you play today bob ? ..... ok. Didn’t putt like tiger , but I did have my 9 wood stinger working “. It’s just the basic element. Lol.

6 degrees of separation:

I can take any tour topic and in 6 degrees bring it back to marital problems.

This thread:

Greg writes letter to Tiger.

Tiger doesn’t respond.

Greg is now seemingly obsessed with Tiger, and Greg is now ticked off for not getting what he wants.

Norman’s obsession seems to be a personality flaw, citing Chris Evert.

Marital problems.