Buyer on BST returns item, is he entitled to refund?

njspence

Bro....You can't have it both ways, you are digging yourself a bigger hole here, and in front of the rest of these members. I sent you a PM today asking to handle this privately moving forward, now you're saying that we should be doing this privately, that's exactly what I asked originally, and now you take one of those PMs and post it? To all the people on this board reading this, I am tapping out on this thread until this deal is closed. I have been more than reasonable, and this is just getting out of control. there's not one of you on this board who would allow somebody to have a putter and the money in their possession and then take their sweet time deciding what they want to do after it was agreed upon to refund, and now he's telling me the putter is coming back. Is is exhausting. Thanks guys. That's it for now

JGG1G2ILV383.png

My 2 cents is:

1) Seller should have posted better photos. However, buyer is also responsible to ask for better photos if they aren't satisfied with the ones there.

2) Buyer seems to have this arbitrary, personal code that a buyer is allowed to "unwind" things if they aren't happy. And a seller has to check in with the buyer to make sure the buyer is totally super happy before the deal is done - - - I do not think a majority of GolfWRX BST users believe in this way of operating - - - what about the expense the seller underwent just for you to see the putter in person before finalizing your decision? What about the other people that the seller could have sold this to? I believe most people would just re-list and sell the putter in this case if they were really unhappy with it.

3) I believe most people would say a deal is a deal, unless something was grossly misrepresented or the seller sends the wrong item. And you should have never sent money via Friends and Family

4) However, there is no way to fix this except to simply refund and move on (assuming putter is in same condition)

• Like 4

Buyer, you keep saying it's not cool seller has the putter and the money. You keep reiterating that he shouldn't threaten that fact. But you are the one who sent F&F payment and then sent back a putter without any agreed upon resolution. Why do you feel that your personal code should just dictate the outcome? "I am an old member and this is how I think things should go" is not persuasive by any means.

Every single person in this thread has at one point told someone "that's why you never pay F&F" and yet when this buyer does it somehow he should still be afforded the full protection? Man, pony up the extra few dollars and let a third party decide the outcome (which as we all know is likely in your favor).

OP, unfortunately I think the only real solution is going to be a refund and re-list. It's a bitter pill, to be sure. I just don't think any pictures are going to matter since value is subjective. Besides, you are going to be paying to ship it to someone anyways, and if it's really a good deal at your price, you'll be able to sell it again quickly.

• Like 3

I bought one time off BST - same irons (well, heads anyway) that are still in the bag, literally over a decade ago (yes, diff user name).

While those admissions may get me booted from here, there's a real change any frequent reader here can notice: this kind of behavior used to be shamed, eliminated, rooted out - and Im talking about both parties here.

Without feedback, I'll take my chances on the bay - thinking about liquidating some cool older stuff - won't be done here.

because he wouldn’t post those and I have since deleted our conservation and blocked him after he threatened me. Someone earlier said yeah it’s pry egos, but the buyer to me acted so entitled, I’ve never heard of someone sending a club back without confirmation it would be accepted.

Buyer: Next time, please work with the seller when you are looking into returning something and waiting for a proper reply before jumping the gun.

Seller: Your pictures in the ad need to be clear. You knew it was not clear and yet continued with the ad and now you can see the end result of your lack of effort. Upon inspection of the returned item if it was in the same condition, just refund and relist.

Consider this lesson learned, from both sides.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

it's 2020 and technology has come a far way. unless you're taking photos with a motorola razr (the old one) there's no excuse to not have decent, clear and proper sized photos.

also, this isn't your retail shop and the customer isn't always right. jumping the gun and straight returning it doesn't work just because you had buyers remorse.

both are wrong IMO. seller, i'd just refund...block the buyer and move on.

• Like 3

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

This is not try it and if I dont like it, make an excuse to send it back. If the pictures are not clear enough for you to make a buying decision, either pass or ask for more pictures. No refunds or exchanges, most of the equipment sold here is used, so its going to have imperfections, this is not your local retail store.

• Like 3
Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

Here...this will make refund go down a bit easier. Think of all the selling you have done over the last 11 years here. Where else would you have sold that stuff and made some decent dollars -- garage sale, craigslist, trade in...or just piled up in the basement...not a chance. These things happen...why make a bigger deal of it. You had a great 11 year run.

Im not talking about profit...I am simply talking about a platform to sell everything you have sold over the years. It makes perfect sense. The platform has its faults...miscommunication, mail, returns here and there. But its better than trying to trade stuff in at a local shop for pennies on the dollar, or garages sales, or having it pile up in the basement.

Crappy situation wouldn’t want to be either party.

I would just refund the buyer to avoid this nonsense and move on.

As a buyer I would just chalk it up as making a purchase without asking questions and be a bit more thorough in the future.

Good luck guys, hopefully you can come to a resolution and shake hands.

I’ve bought and sold here for 14 years and knock on wood have not had any issues but then again when I sell, I take the time to provide quality photos for a potential buyer to make a reasonable decision for themselves, and as a seller if I am interested but the photos don’t tell the story I request photos of what I need to make a buying decision. Sometimes I miss out on an item because the seller may not want to put additional effort in, but then again maybe it is for the better.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

I also don’t think either of you are wrong for feeling the way you guys do. I don’t believe either of you gentlemen are trying to pull one on the others. There just isn’t any winning here for either of you the longer this is dragged out and the more personal it gets. It isn’t worth it.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

The only thing I’ve taken away from this is that ill never do business with either one of you.

• Like 3

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

I usually don't jump in on these but I feel like I have to defend the OP here. I do a lot of buying and selling on Kijiji and another smaller, local golf forum and the pictures here are more than fine. We have a clear top, face, and bottom picture. Sure the other 3-4 are a bit small and maybe a tad out of focus...but c'mon we are dealing with a 15 year old putter here. And a common one at that. We aren't talking a never gamed, carpet-only Circle T here. I think the price is very typical of used Camerons and is definitely not out of line. The buyer admits that the price fit right in the meat of the curve for price and condition and got price with shipping, which you wouldn't get on eBay.

While I don't do any buying or selling here, I strongly feel the buyer is in the wrong here. Those of you who are jumping on the OP for the pictures are blind...the pictures are not that bad and in the ad it is stated more pictures on request. Sorry, buyer, this is 100% on you. I really feel like this is a case of buyer's remorse and likely scooped up one of the few better condition, cheaper options and is now stuck with 2 putters. The condition of the putter is very good for its age and raw finish.

OP, I personally wouldn't refund, as all of my sales I state are final. However, this is a sticky situation as it sounds like he had basically popped it in the mail/was strong arming you into some made-up BST code because that's how he rolls and thinks everyone should abide by that. Not the case. Used equipment is buyer beware and final sale. Even the local shops around me have a "you buy it's yours" policy. If not, it becomes a revolving door of free demos to try. Just refund, block them, and resell the putter. I don't see you not getting $200 for this thing...it's a good find and in good condition.

• Like 3

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips