Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

2 hours ago, Philomathesq said:

I have to give a huge shout out to my man @OspreyCI and @TaylorMade Golf. I emailed TaylorMade support to see if they would adjust my order by retroactively applying the Military discount, totally expecting the answer to be no. But, they came through, and on a Sunday, no less. Excellent customer service. 

Thanks to both of you.

Right on man. Good to hear they treated you right.

And thank you for your service!

Edited by OspreyCI
  • Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

14 hours ago, Genostarrr said:

Been following this string for awhile now since I been interested in ordering me a set of 770s. I placed an order through a big chain golf store last Tuesday and was told shipping would for sometime in October. However, I checked the TaylorMade site right now to see what the estimated ship date was if I ordered a set today and it just changed to 8/28/20. Previously it said 10/26/20. Maybe there’s hope we get ours earlier? Not sure how TaylorMade magically found more heads to get out. Good thing as I was starting to consider other options!

101E47C1-9754-40AF-8B2D-C6FDBA09B302.jpeg

Weird, I just tried and says 10/24. I placed my order a few days ago and current ship date is 10/12. Hitting myself for not ordering these the week before, could've gotten them a month earlier...:(

Never saw them marketed as "designed by and with DJ in mind". Also, Rory put the MB in his bag immediately... and he's kinda good at golf last time I checked. 

I'll admit, I'm a Mizuno fan, but TM clearly knocked it outta the park with all 3 iron offerings. If I could afford any of these sets I'd jump on it. But, I can't. 

Edited by seth514

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour

16 hours ago, Genostarrr said:

Been following this string for awhile now since I been interested in ordering me a set of 770s. I placed an order through a big chain golf store last Tuesday and was told shipping would for sometime in October. However, I checked the TaylorMade site right now to see what the estimated ship date was if I ordered a set today and it just changed to 8/28/20. Previously it said 10/26/20. Maybe there’s hope we get ours earlier? Not sure how TaylorMade magically found more heads to get out. Good thing as I was starting to consider other options!

101E47C1-9754-40AF-8B2D-C6FDBA09B302.jpeg

This same thing happened in April or May when I tried to order p760. The dates would jump all over the place

21 hours ago, DoNDoN said:

I ordered it directly from my rep the day it was available. 

4-PW

Modus 120s

I had my pro check my order yesterday afternoon and it said it was shipped on 8/22. A nice surprise but I guess I'll have to decide which set to play for this weekend's state midam/senior tournament. Ha.

• Like 1

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

A friend of mine won our weekend club championship with a 2 day score of -2. I saw that he was playing P-790 and asked if he had seen the new 770 and told him they are basically a smaller version of his 790's. His response was that he didn't want anything smaller. Definitely made me think of how I approach buying irons at a 10 cap. If a guy who is a legit plus index doesn't see the need to play anything less forgiving the 790's what in the hell am I doing? 

I have always been against stronger lofts as I do not need more distance but the 770's might be in my acceptable range. I need to give them a try outdoors and see if they can replace my T100's. 

Edited by JStang

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

10 minutes ago, Aggielefty said:

JStang, I also have the T100's. I ordered a set of the 770's. I am curious how they will compare. I love my T100's from the 7-AW. I am don't love the 4,5, and 6 iron. I think I would like a little more spin and forgiveness with those irons.

I hit my T100's just fine through the bag. My issues are more path to face related than equipment but I would love to see how these compare. 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

1 hour ago, Genostarrr said:

@youngunz5840 what was the end result with the 760s? Earlier than expected or later? Quit playing games with our hearts TM :’(

Never got the p760. I ordered them but TM kept going back and forth so I cancelled them and figured I would wait until these were announced. I’m going to call to see if mine were shipped. Not that I can play with thunderstorms and fires going on

12 hours ago, Philomathesq said:

Does anyone find it odd that TaylorMade has marketed the P7MB's as being designed by and with DJ in mind, but he didn't use them in the Northern Trust? I'm not trying to say TaylorMade has done anything wrong, I just find it odd that he didn't use "his" clubs. And, given how well he played this week, I don't think he should make the switch. 

There's nothing odd about DJ not switching. The P7MB took some design cues from the DJ Proto, specifically a little longer blade length than the retail P730, but they are not DJ's irons.

There's no reason to expect the tour staff to switch into the new irons right now with the PGA Championship, FedEx Cup Playoffs, and US Open happening in a condensed stretch. Yes, Rory used the time off to move into the P7MB, but Wolff and Rahm are still in P750 and Morikawa is still in his P730. DJ is historically a late adopter, so he's the last one I would expect to switch.

You'll see them move into the new stuff later this fall, or possibly 2021 if they don't want to make a change before the Masters in November.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

1 hour ago, JStang said:

A friend of mine won our weekend club championship with a 2 day score of -2. I saw that he was playing P-790 and asked if he had seen the new 770 and told him they are basically a smaller version of his 790's. His response was that he didn't want anything smaller. Definitely made me think of how I approach buying irons at a 10 cap. If a guy who is a legit plus index doesn't see the need to play anything less forgiving the 790's what in the hell am I doing? 

I have always been against stronger lofts as I do not need more distance but the 770's might be in my acceptable range. I need to give them a try outdoors and see if they can replace my T100's. 

Just depends on your needs. If distance and a little extra offset helps you, go for 790s. If you want a bit more workability or having issues with low spin, then P770s. Comes down to how confident you are with your iron game. I used to have a set of MP-57's and was always able to fade as needed but since I switched to JPX forged sets with more offset, I've had trouble doing this. Gladly made the trade-off since they were a bit too much club for me at the time but now I want something with a bit more control. Hoping this fits the bill...otherwise I'll have to unload the 770s and go into the 790s, which is what I was originally fitted for a month ago. The Average Golfer guy on YouTube has a video playing with a pro who games the 790s so there's definitely some solid players out there using them. To each his own.

4 minutes ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

As you can imagine, the demand has been off the charts for these irons (P770s, P7MCs and P7MBs) since launch. The official retail date is 4th September, but some of you who ordered close to the announcement may receive will be sets prior to that. Forecasting and planning for demand during a pandemic (especially when production started while golf was still closed) has been challenging, so we apologize if some of you are getting dates in Oct or even November for new orders. Bear with us. We're doing everything we can to fulfill orders and provide the most accurate expected date we can. Your retailer or our customer service team are the best folks to answer any questions you have on delivery.

Thanks for your support.

What about the TW wedges?  Do you expect a severe backorder on those too?

2 hours ago, JStang said:

I hit my T100's just fine through the bag. My issues are more path to face related than equipment but I would love to see how these compare. 

Heard thru txg that the t100s’s may be fade biased.  Any notice of that tendency?

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Saw the demo 770 7 iron today at my local Edwin Watts. Looks really really good. Compact head, clean lines, low offset. If you are ordering and think the 770 might be too big/bulky for the lower half of the set, don't worry. I went MC's 7-pw and now kind of wish I would have gone all 770's, or at least up through the 7 iron in 770's. 

• Like 1

I just checked my order status and it shows the custom components for my clubs are now being compiled. I ordered literally 5 minutes after they came live on TM's site. I ordered mine with C-Taper 130X's and Tour Velvet Midsize.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

1 minute ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

People gonna be selling their spot in line like it's a new Tesla model at this rate...

I could see people profiting on these if they get them early. The thirst is real!

I was given a 9/4 ship date through Discount Dan’s.  I emailed to check in and got a your order is one that has been pushed back to late Sept. FYI, I ordered first thing Monday morning. Lame.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

37 minutes ago, gambit said:

Checked with DD on my order and they still said around 9/4. Sooner would be better lol.

When did you order.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

7 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

I was given a 9/4 ship date through Discount Dan’s.  I emailed to check in and got a your order is one that has been pushed back to late Sept. FYI, I ordered first thing Monday morning. Lame.

7 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

When did you order.

I ordered on 8/14 in the afternoon sometime. That sucks bro. They should've given you a heads up earlier and give u the option to cancel.

56 minutes ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

People gonna be selling their spot in line like it's a new Tesla model at this rate...

great work, unfortunately in Europe is not really a  customer service or even a online shop in place!?

If you do not have a sales rep or custom TM fitting day you can not really order or even pre-order....