Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

10 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

they don’t feel the same. Much better feel in the 770 when middled.

Thank you for your opinion. You're welcome for mine.

Edited by Konklifer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

For anyone that has hit the 770s outside, how would you compare the turf interaction to say a Ping I200, T200, or JPX919F?(listed best to worst IMO)  Does the 770 compare to either of these three models when it comes to digging in the dirt? (after impact lol)  I have a nerve condition in my hands that is sensitive to this. This may be the first TM iron I have ever purchased in 40 yrs, and I will not have a chance to try them outdoors.  The 1* bounce on the 4 iron scares me, but the angles ramp up fast after that so, for the rest of the set, I am not as concerned.   I currently play the T200 now, and like the performance, but not the clicky/clacky feel/sound despite hitting them pure, so I may return them under the retailers 90 day 100% credit deal and order the 770 if I like them after hitting indoors.

I was originally drawn to the P770 and still think they are great clubs, but if I were to move on from my HMBs it would be because of the P7MC.  Beautiful iron.  Have a fitting next week and will see what happens.  I would consider a P770 in the 4/5, but if I'm changing it will be because the P7MC was too good to pass up.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Taylor Made has absolutely nailed it with this release.  Great looking stuff and even a combo chart.  

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Just now, ASN21 said:

Wunder on his podcast also compared the 770's to the PXG Gen 3 T's. He also said his 770 4 iron went further than his P790 4 iron..

and what did he say, compared to the Gen 3 0331t?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

10 hours ago, chasemyaccord said:

Yeah. Fml i waited one day and lost a month. Just ordered 770 4-PW with PX LZ 6.0 a few minutes ago and expected delivery on 10/14.

I kind of made a mistake though. Asked for 1.5 upright but should've just kept standard as I plan on getting fitted somewhere else later. Any chance I can have the order changed after submitting? Anyone do this before? 

They were on the course so just visually observed. And it was a 7 iron but same loft difference. Yeah had a hard time believing it myself. But theyre both wayyyy better than I am so.....*shrug*

I think you can as long as they haven't started building it yet, which they probably haven't given your est ship date. Contact TM if  you ordered through them, or your shop.

• Like 1

Just now, Micrys2 said:

So I got on chat and was asking rep if forgiveness and distance was close to the 790’s.  Answer no to both.  

So I am wondering if those who have demoed can speak to this. 

Also rep said targeted at 5 and below handi. I am a 10. To high to play?

First part is true. It shouldn't be as long as the 790's and their chart shows the 770s to have less forgiveness...the rep is wrong in telling you that this is targeted for 5 hc and below. Maybe he meant 15 and mis-typed?

TaylorMade UK have sold out of their entire first allocation....they are advising November for any orders placed now!!

I’m still undecided whether to bother getting fitted or just try and get a stock set on release date (I can get 20-30% off stock specs)

I never keep irons long enough to justify the fitting costs!!

I gotta go demo the 770’s, but I think it may too big a jump from my PXG 0211’s that have treated me well. Smaller headed iron would be nice though. Played 790’s prior and liked them just ok. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, nickosbad said:

TaylorMade UK have sold out of their entire first allocation....they are advising November for any orders placed now!!

I’m still undecided whether to bother getting fitted or just try and get a stock set on release date (I can get 20-30% off stock specs)

I never keep irons long enough to justify the fitting costs!!

Lead times in UK have slipped also for initial orders due to a lack of grips! Shocking...

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Ping Blueprint S 4-PW
SM10 Nickel Wedges 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Phantom 9.5

33 minutes ago, adklee said:

Anyone comparisons between the 770's and the Mizuno MP20 HMB's?  Looks, feel, sound, forgiveness?  I'm assuming the HMB's might be longer due to slightly stronger lofts.  

I was hard set on a MP 20 combo set but the new P7 line has me thinking real hard.  

Looks wise the 770's are more closer to the tour than HMB. HMB going to look chunky in comparison. 

1 hour ago, adklee said:

Anyone comparisons between the 770's and the Mizuno MP20 HMB's?  Looks, feel, sound, forgiveness?  I'm assuming the HMB's might be longer due to slightly stronger lofts.  

I was hard set on a MP 20 combo set but the new P7 line has me thinking real hard.  

Blade length is a hair longer on HMB.  Sole width, at least in the 6 iron down is slimmer on the HMB.  Top lines are similar, but the HMB looks smaller because of the beveling.  I fully expected the P770 to be all around smaller.  They are not.  

141ACAF2-7CF8-4F4B-8AE1-4759B4772AF1.jpeg

0F78F94B-E0C5-473C-A3B4-B2467518F74F.jpeg

F71CE664-F500-43E2-9E39-74D50B51C880.jpeg

Edited by Oknows
  • Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

11 minutes ago, Oknows said:

Blade length is a hair longer on HMB.  Sole width, at least in the 6 iron down is slimmer on the HMB.  Top lines are similar, but the HMB looks smaller because of the beveling.  I fully expected the P770 to be all around smaller.  They are not.  

Good stuff.  I haven't seen the 770's in person yet but I also expected them to be smaller than the HMB's.  A few long iron 770's + MC combo sounds like a potential winning ticket.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Oknows said:

I completely agree. I was expecting the 770s to be smaller than they are.  I'm demoing all three (770, P7MB, and P7MC) side-by-side tomorrow, and I'm really hoping the MB and MC are significantly smaller.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

6 minutes ago, Weston11 said:

I completely agree. I was expecting the 770s to be smaller than they are.  I'm demoing all three (770, P7MB, and P7MC) side-by-side tomorrow, and I'm really hoping the MB and MC are significantly smaller.

MC's and MB's are a bit shorter heel to toe. Soles obviously thinner. When I compared the MBs to my Blueprints it made the Blueprints look tiny.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gambit said:

MC's and MB's are a bit shorter heel to toe. Soles obviously thinner. When I compared the MBs to my Blueprints it made the Blueprints look tiny.

That's because the Blueprints are tiny. ?

As far as the whole new series it all looks great.  P7MC will be going in my bag.  I personally thought the P770 looked a little funky in the hosel area at address.  I also liked the looks of the DHY a lot but worry about the finish on the back being reflective in sun light at address.  Will have to take it outside and look at it. 

As long as the DHY isn't reflective in the sun, I will be doing the following:

DHY 19° w/ Thump 90S (1° Strong)

P7MC 4-PW Modus 105S (1° Strong)

Keep my raw MG2 50/54/60

I also noticed the Thump is not the aftermarket, as the specs are different.  I don't know if this has been discussed.  I also wonder since these clubs look so great if they hired new people to do the building.  ? (When I ordered my wedges from the custom department they were supposed to be 1° flat and 1/4" over.  They came standard and were around 1-2° upright.)  I was very impressed with the 760 head weights.  Only had to add a 2g weight to the 5 iron to get 7g between heads....

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

45 minutes ago, Masse1369 said:

That's because the Blueprints are tiny. ?

As far as the whole new series it all looks great.  P7MC will be going in my bag.  I personally thought the P770 looked a little funky in the hosel area at address.  I also liked the looks of the DHY a lot but worry about the finish on the back being reflective in sun light at address.  Will have to take it outside and look at it. 

As long as the DHY isn't reflective in the sun, I will be doing the following:

DHY 19° w/ Thump 90S (1° Strong)

P7MC 4-PW Modus 105S (1° Strong)

Keep my raw MG2 50/54/60

I also noticed the Thump is not the aftermarket, as the specs are different.  I don't know if this has been discussed.  I also wonder since these clubs look so great if they hired new people to do the building.  ? (When I ordered my wedges from the custom department they were supposed to be 1° flat and 1/4" over.  They came standard and were around 1-2° upright.)  I was very impressed with the 760 head weights.  Only had to add a 2g weight to the 5 iron to get 7g between heads....

Hahahaha...yea, I never realized how small the BPs are. They look perfect at address to me.

I didn't find anything funky about the hosel on the 770s at all, but these are all preferences. I like how the offset is comparable to the MCs and MBs though. Did you try the SIM UDI? Even tho I ordered the 770s, the MC/MB combo is still on my mind.

33 minutes ago, gambit said:

Hahahaha...yea, I never realized how small the BPs are. They look perfect at address to me.

I didn't find anything funky about the hosel on the 770s at all, but these are all preferences. I like how the offset is comparable to the MCs and MBs though. Did you try the SIM UDI? Even tho I ordered the 770s, the MC/MB combo is still on my mind.

I didn’t hit them. Got some inflammation going on in my arm right now. I looked at the UDI but didn’t like the hosel again. Reminded me of old Hogan irons from the 90s which I hated the looks of then and now.  Hosel on the 770 could just be the fitting heads. I always think they look funky. The 770 looked to have too much offset to me for the length of the blade. They only have .1mm more offset then my 760. Will have to wait and see in person the whole sets when they are released. 

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock