Club Champion Perfect Fit Guarantee

CMoore2J

Has anyone had experience with getting a second look from Club Champion? I went thru the fitting process and got my irons in early July thru Club Champion - the fitting felt a little rushed, was scheduled for 1.5 hour iron fitting session which was completed in 30 mins. I was gaming the Ping G410 irons at the time.. and ended up being fitted into the Titleist T100 irons. Which shocked me to be honest. I did question it in the fitting, I wasn’t exactly striping it consistently but when I hit the ball well - it was exactly what we would be looking for. He assured me it was the correct fit. We were looking to improve landing angle and my occasional miss long which he attributed to the game improvement category of irons I was gaming at the time. I went with it - thinking okay, this guy knows what he is talking about and I Will trust him. 2.5 months later - I couldn’t be more unhappy with the fit. I had a couple of decent 9 hole evening rounds with them but my scores have generally gone UP since being fitted. 9 hcp consistently shooting 90+ scoring rounds in the last 2 months. Without net doubles, a few of them would actually be 100+. 

Does anyone have an experience with their Perfect Fit Guarantee? I spent over $2000 on a set of irons and I feel like they aren’t for me, will they re-fit? 

Not first hand knowledge here as I'm happy with my CC irons. The whole reason I went to CC in the first place though is because a good friend of mine recommended them and went thru several iterations and tweaks as he bought his whole bag from them. I'd imagine it varies by location but he has been more than impressed by their willingness to get it right.

6 minutes ago, Long_Left said:

Not first hand knowledge here as I'm happy with my CC irons. The whole reason I went to CC in the first place though is because a good friend of mine recommended them and went thru several iterations and tweaks as he bought his whole bag from them. I'd imagine it varies by location but he has been more than impressed by their willingness to get it right.

Good to know - I was able to get a session scheduled next Monday for them to take a second look. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMoore2J said:

Good to know - I was able to get a session scheduled next Monday for them to take a second look. 

Let us know how this resolves... be good to see that they stand by there fittings.

sounds like your initial experience was less than ideal. 

I know a local fitter who was interviewing for the club champion here in Louisville... he said their sales targets were aggressive, so I have some concerns about their business model, but don’t have any actual experience. 

hopefully, they make things right! 

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

28 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

Let us know how this resolves... be good to see that they stand by there fittings.

sounds like your initial experience was less than ideal. 

I know a local fitter who was interviewing for the club champion here in Louisville... he said their sales targets were aggressive, so I have some concerns about their business model, but don’t have any actual experience. 

hopefully, they make things right! 

Personally, I’d have a hard time trusting a fitter whose goal was to up-sell me into anything other than exactly what I need.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDCON said:

Personally, I’d have a hard time trusting a fitter whose goal was to up-sell me into anything other than exactly what I need.

I don’t mean to imply that was the goal of the sales targets, but from what I’ve heard of their fittings, it seems like they focus on “the best fit regardless of cost”... 

I don’t know... fitting is such an interesting and developing industry... it’s interesting to watch the market develop in real time. 

It’s also got the interesting incentives of squeezing maximum revenue out of a fitting vs building a long term relationship... honestly, one of the things I most respect about ping is how they focus on relationships. 

my dad had a great fitting through them and didn’t end up in anything crazy...

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

29 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

I don’t mean to imply that was the goal of the sales targets, but from what I’ve heard of their fittings, it seems like they focus on “the best fit regardless of cost”... 

I don’t know... fitting is such an interesting and developing industry... it’s interesting to watch the market develop in real time. 

It’s also got the interesting incentives of squeezing maximum revenue out of a fitting vs building a long term relationship... honestly, one of the things I most respect about ping is how they focus on relationships. 

my dad had a great fitting through them and didn’t end up in anything crazy...

I’ll definitely try Ping soon. Never played Ping.

I have done a couple fittings over the years. I talked to the fitter beforehand and explained what I was looking for performance wise and even discussed misses. I even expressed what my budget was and understood the perfect fit may not be in the budget so I needed the best fit within the budget. He was very accommodating and did exactly as I requested. 

Sales are what the fitters rely on to make at least part of their wages but in the long run a good fitter will provide you with the numbers for you to make the decision on and their honestly will lead to more sales. 

major issues need sent to the corporate office. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mws82 said:

I have done a couple fittings over the years. I talked to the fitter beforehand and explained what I was looking for performance wise and even discussed misses. I even expressed what my budget was and understood the perfect fit may not be in the budget so I needed the best fit within the budget. He was very accommodating and did exactly as I requested. 

Sales are what the fitters rely on to make at least part of their wages but in the long run a good fitter will provide you with the numbers for you to make the decision on and their honestly will lead to more sales. 

major issues need sent to the corporate office. 

If it’s not fixed,  corporate is definitely the best route... give them a chance to fix it and hopefully address local issues... they can’t fix what they don’t know about (assuming the local store doesn’t fix it)

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I had a iron fitting with CC in December. Was looking for more club head speed and height.. Thought the Taylor-made 790 titanium would be the ticket.  Certainly the titanium head gave the smash factor and ball speed I have never had before. However, the height and trajectory wasn't any better than my current irons.  Fitter said they were strong lofted and once bent weaker,  lofts 3 degrees weaker, the height would be what I needed.   Chicago tried bending lofts and with just one (1) degree the hosels broke. Titanium too brittle.  The TM 790TI was a sale bust for TM. No sales on TGW, no sales on Ebay and no threads on Golf Works. Plus I couldn't tell where the swing was or where I was hitting the ball on the club. Titanium has no feel.. I finally got the 'playability guarantee' but it took forever. Just got my replacement irons  This week, September.

A 8 month ordeal. Wasn't really the fitters fault but cooperate. Covid had there staffing and work load overwhelmed. Then when new irons, Epon 706's, showed up, shafts half inch short. 

$2600.00 set of irons.. Ironically, they just terminated the head fitter / manager. too bad, he was really good fitter and work his tail off.  

CC is silly. You can get as good a fitting locally and not pay 3 times retail. they have a great marketing campaign, but who wants to up-pay for original components that, when sold on line cost 1/3 what you pay. If you play at all u can fit with 3 swings, using Trackman and the range, your feel and a good pro. Get lessons, practice and buy a good set of OEMs fitted to your swing.....PT was right !!! golf swinging GIF

• Like 1

Did a fitting at CC. Spent the $150, felt uncomfortable the whole time, fitter landed on a set very quickly (like after 3-4 shots) and kept coming back to that as his recommendation. Felt very much like a sales job. Left without buying. 

Ended up doing a fitting at PGA SS at their Studio Experience here in Atlanta. Complete opposite, first it was $50 cheaper. Environment felt far more relaxed. They gave me more time than what was scheduled. The other fitter wrapped his session up early and assisted with the fitting (getting other clubs ready, offered suggestions without pushing, etc). Spent a lot of time talking through the options but never felt any pressure to buy. 

Full disclosure, I'm probably going to exchange what I bought, but that is primarily due to hitting them outside. Don't like the turf interaction and sound. But as far as the process, night and day better than CC

Shame on CC for putting you in T100s from G410s without you specifically asking to make this jump or serious discussion around what you were about to do. There are a dozen iron sets between T100 and G410 that would have been better options. I say this assuming you're not a 5 HDCP or better.

As a consumer though, you have to know these guys aren't rocket scientists, they are golf club fitters. My suggestion to friends heading into a CC fitting is to always narrow down to some shafts and heads to start with. I've walked in both times and said I want to hit these 2-3 heads and these 2-3 different shafts. YOU.....expert club fitter tell me if you have a better suggestion or two and let's compare. What CC does know well is what certain heads spin more or less, same with shafts, etc. I'm a low spin player and they were able to say clearly, no this head won't work for you, we know it to be very low spin, let's stay away from that.

I do think they get lost in the numbers some time and don't use common sense. Let's see I have a guy going from G410 irons to T100s. I play G410 style irons and I would NEVER go to T100s EVER. Maybe a move to T200s, 921 Forged, P790, Z585...A little more reasonable jump.

Edited by hd.softail
  • Like 2

I do all of my fittings at CC and use their recommendations and what I like and make my own decision on what to buy. I don't buy anything from them though I order through other means to get cheaper prices. I love going in and getting fit there but I'm also able to use the data they give me and go by my own feel and what I see to buy what I want. I never feel pressured to buy from them and have never been pushed to test something more expensive. Think people have preconceptions on CC trying to upsell them so that's what they are thinking they are trying to do the whole time. They have always let me test out anything I wanted to just by asking. 

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

I was fitted for irons there a few years ago- p790 with Oban CT shafts. $1900. Turns out those irons were horrible for my swing, too many fliers. I asked CC if I could get a refund or at least refit for something else, was told there was nothing they could do.

will never go there again. 

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour, 4-P, PX LZ 5.5 blackout

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

I think charging for a fitting is the largest scam that ever happened within the golf industry.

If a player has clubs produced during the past 20 years then 98% of good consistent shot making will come from proper technique.

If a player wants to shoot lower scores then paying money to a competent instructor and buying buckets of range balls is the best sense strategy.

• Like 2

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

A lot of our customers have had no luck getting resolution from CC.  The builds are inconsistent from whoever in Chicago is making them and they apparently don't like to fix what's wrong.  The fit MAY be right, but the build is the wild card.  We have a lot of business making things right for their former customers.  But we've consistently seen bad fits and builds.  However, thank you CC for the business!  LOL

Edited by tbowles411

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

On 9/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, CMoore2J said:

Has anyone had experience with getting a second look from Club Champion? I went thru the fitting process and got my irons in early July thru Club Champion - the fitting felt a little rushed, was scheduled for 1.5 hour iron fitting session which was completed in 30 mins. I was gaming the Ping G410 irons at the time.. and ended up being fitted into the Titleist T100 irons. Which shocked me to be honest. I did question it in the fitting, I wasn’t exactly striping it consistently but when I hit the ball well - it was exactly what we would be looking for. He assured me it was the correct fit. We were looking to improve landing angle and my occasional miss long which he attributed to the game improvement category of irons I was gaming at the time. I went with it - thinking okay, this guy knows what he is talking about and I Will trust him. 2.5 months later - I couldn’t be more unhappy with the fit. I had a couple of decent 9 hole evening rounds with them but my scores have generally gone UP since being fitted. 9 hcp consistently shooting 90+ scoring rounds in the last 2 months. Without net doubles, a few of them would actually be 100+. 

Does anyone have an experience with their Perfect Fit Guarantee? I spent over $2000 on a set of irons and I feel like they aren’t for me, will they re-fit? 

I have first hand experience with the Perfect Fit Guarantee.  They will first try to get you back into the store to see what adjustments, if any, that they can make to the club to make it perform better.  If that's not an option or it doesn't end up working out, they will have to get you back in the store to do a "re-fit".  This basically means that you do the fitting all over again to try and find a better replacement over your original fitting.  Once a potential replacement is found, they have to prove out that the proposed replacement is performing better (based on Trackman data).  Sort of a pain but my CC guy was easy to work with and understanding, and I got the sense he was doing what he could to rectify the situation.  But it's ultimately not his decision to make.  In the end, CC did end up accepting my "re-fit" and they swapped out my equipment (free of charge).

• Like 1

I've done two fittings with two different fitters at two different Club Champion locations.  I will likely not return for a third for several reasons:

1. I have yet to walk out feeling more confident with the equipment than when I walked it

2. They fit people into the most expensive merch more often than not (read the various Oban CT experiences, and my personal experience where all the driver shafts were in the $410 - $500 range MSRP - which of course they tried to sell me for $800 - no joke)

3. They don't have midsized grips

I've spent my $300, given them a couple chances, but at the end of the day - it just hasn't been a great use of time or money for me, and I don't think the sales motivations tend to lead to the best results.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

New here but not to golf.  Love the game.

Found this timely thread as I was looking for others opinions on their Club Champion experience. Wish I would of researched Club Champion more fully before I wasted my time and $1400 on new steel shafted G410 irons. I didn't have to buy them sure, but thought I'd splurge a little after playing mostly off the shelf clubs forever.  I went to local CC, the fitter was friendly enough, but he set me up with a set that cost far more than they should of. And the launch screen set up vs hitting balls outside leaves something to be desired. Unless you the buyer are in tune with that you may not get the results you're expecting. I presume it works for many though.

After waiting 6 weeks to get the clubs the clubs didn't work. They felt terrible. Less distance, poor trajectory. Inconsistent from club to club. I suspect the build was sub par. My feeling is these so called "master club builders" they have in Chicago may be rookies, trainees, or who knows. I also would of thought there would be some sheet maybe initialed or signed off by the builder indicating the specs called out by the fitter were met. 

My local Club Champion store was non responsive for the most part once they realized I wasn't happy. I'd never use them again. I sold them at a loss because the clubs were worthless to me.

In summary, I could of fit myself better and should of went stock or with one of the other shaft options offered by Ping. Could of saved enough money to buy a top of the line Driver or something else.

Lesson learned, moving on. Playing my old Callaway irons better than ever too. Except for this morning.

Good luck to all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have experience w/ the perfect fit guarantee, but I have done 2 club fittings at 2 different club champions here.  The first was a full bag fitting and 2nd was a long game fitting.  The 1st I told the fitter that I didn't have a budget and just wanted to find out what was the best set up for me.  Overall I thought the fitting process was good in the 1st fitting.  I didn't hit my driver, fairway or wedges very good and they just stopped me during the fitting and said come back on another day and we can try those fittings again.  Which I thought was nice cause I defiantly wasn't swinging those particular clubs good that day.  The iron fitting was good.  I tried several different heads and shafts till we got to the one that produced the best results.  Same with hybrids.  Putter fitting was good and I actually stayed in my putter they just adjusted the loft and lie on it to fit me better.  The sticker price was a shocker however.  I believe it was upwards of almost 7 grand if not more for a set of irons (6-PW) and 6 hybrids (2H to 6H Ping G410), and the shafts, the SST puring, and build.  I did not purchase it through them and found what I was fitted into elsewhere for a vastly cheaper price.

When I went back to redo my wedge, fairway, and driver I was upfront and told the fitter (same fitter as before) that I just wanted my specs and to know what was best.  This fitting was horrible.  I never did my fairway or wedges and just did my driver.  I only tried 1 head (Epic flash) and 1 shaft.  He seemed disinterested in helping me find the best fit.  He wasn't engaged at all like the 1st time.  I chalk this up to me being honest and telling him I wasn't going to buy anything from him that day.  That is the only conclusion I could make based off of my previous experience where he was fully engaged and wanting to help me find the best for my swing.  I basically walked out of there being told my Mini driver with a nunchuk shaft (yes the 100g Nunchuk shaft) was the best fit for me.  Something I find hard to believe.

My 2nd experience was most recently.  Again I told the fitter I wanted to know what the best fit for me was.  I hit some balls with my driver and he immediately had me try the new B21 driver from Callaway and a few shafts.  We ended up going with my current driver (Mavrik 9*) and a different shaft.  The spin numbers and distance weren't the best, but the dispersion was better then the B21.  Distance only off by a few yards.  He also suggested since the new lines were coming out to stick with my current clubs (fairways and hybrids) and see if a different shaft would help and then if I wanted could do another fitting once all the new lines came out later this year/next year.  Which looking back was probably what I needed.  He was nice and engaged and saved me money by not pushing a new driver, fairway, and hybrid and to stick with what I have, but a different shaft.  Again price was outrageous and I managed to find my shafts and have my clubs built for a fraction of what they would of charged.

Overall my experience with them is mixed.  It seems that CC is hit or miss.  Some people have good experiences and some have horrible.  It all just depends on what one you go to and from there is a roll of the dice if it will be good or not.  I defiantly wouldn't recommend purchasing from them as the charge an arm and a leg.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize they have to make money, but it seems you are going to pay the absolute highest price for whatever you get. I dont think you even get any kind of credit for the stock shaft(s) that would have come with your club(s).  If you bought elsewhere at least you could subsidize your purchase by selling it/them on eBay.

Personally, I prefer to get fitted in a hitting bay (with a Trackman) where I can see the actual ball flight and still get shot data.

Thanks all, for sharing your experiences. 

I did the iron fitting recently. This is my 3rd fitting at cc. The fitter I requested was not the one that did my fitting which was frustrating. Not the end of the world though because I basically intended the session to be a demo day trying as many different iron set ups as possible. I had a list of heads and shafts that I sent in on my pre fit questionnaire. It was obvious that those requests were not looked at prior to me waking in. Again not end of the world. Once we got going the fitter said well I got my work cut out for me trying to improve your numbers.  I look back and there is another guy there with my fitter discussing what to do. Not sure if there was a training session going on or what. I asked to hit the MMT 105 and they look at me and say we don’t have it. We have the 90. I said what about 125 and they said that’s a hybrid shaft. I’m to the point where I’m thinking cmon guys don’t you know your own craft. I did find a set up worth buying. Because I found significant ball speed increases

the thing I find the most problematic is how they spec the club with swing weight. The iron that performed the best came in at a d9. Left me thinking how would you build these to a d9 without adding the adapter because there is not enough material in components to do it. 

On 9/23/2020 at 6:40 PM, Joe919 said:

New here but not to golf.  Love the game.

Found this timely thread as I was looking for others opinions on their Club Champion experience. Wish I would of researched Club Champion more fully before I wasted my time and $1400 on new steel shafted G410 irons. I didn't have to buy them sure, but thought I'd splurge a little after playing mostly off the shelf clubs forever.  I went to local CC, the fitter was friendly enough, but he set me up with a set that cost far more than they should of. And the launch screen set up vs hitting balls outside leaves something to be desired. Unless you the buyer are in tune with that you may not get the results you're expecting. I presume it works for many though.

After waiting 6 weeks to get the clubs the clubs didn't work. They felt terrible. Less distance, poor trajectory. Inconsistent from club to club. I suspect the build was sub par. My feeling is these so called "master club builders" they have in Chicago may be rookies, trainees, or who knows. I also would of thought there would be some sheet maybe initialed or signed off by the builder indicating the specs called out by the fitter were met. 

My local Club Champion store was non responsive for the most part once they realized I wasn't happy. I'd never use them again. I sold them at a loss because the clubs were worthless to me.

In summary, I could of fit myself better and should of went stock or with one of the other shaft options offered by Ping. Could of saved enough money to buy a top of the line Driver or something else.

Lesson learned, moving on. Playing my old Callaway irons better than ever too. Except for this morning.

Good luck to all.

Great first post Joe and welcome to WRX! 🍻

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

No irons should be D9 unless they are built 3” over standard length. Too funny!

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Caution: Club Champion is located here on earth rather than in heaven, so you may encounter less-than-perfect humans in their system. 

A fellow golfer at my club had an excellent iron fitting experience at Club Champion. From the fitting, he went with a set of Bridgestone irons. After the irons arrived, the fitter gave them a loft-and-lie check to make sure everything was in spec. He then told my friend to test them out for a few rounds to see if they worked OK.

By chance, he encountered strange distance gapping in the middle of the set.   The 6i-7i was a 10-yard gap, while 7i-8i was a 14-yard gap. (Other irons landed about 12 yards apart.) And, the clubs were all in spec. 

So the fitter bent the 7i one degree weak, and it solved the problem. Just something about the 7i head that made it fly differently. But, the fitter knew how to fix it.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

On 9/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, CMoore2J said:

Did this get resolved? Very curious to see how the story ended. Hopefully well.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58