Club Champion Perfect Fit Guarantee

CMoore2J

I had a iron fitting at CC about 3 weeks ago now. I told the fitter ahead of time what irons I was playing and how I was wanting to move into graphite shafts as I get older and have various injuries/ailments that bother me as the days go on. We started out with my irons to get a baseline. Then from there he proceeded to try some various graphite shafts in that head and also other heads/shaft combos. (I told him not to tell me what I was hitting and let’s see what was best). At the end of the day, my irons Pxg 0211 were the winners with Steelfiber i110s.  My particular fitter was very very good and really tried to help me in anyway he could. Didn’t try to push me one way or the other which I really appreciated. But like others have said, the prices they want for things are super high. I can get this done for a couple hundred dollars cheaper easily.  My only complaints about my fitting: they didn’t have the Srixon 585’s to demo (had already sent the demos back, I also have a set so wanted to see what was better My Pxg’s or Srixon’s), and they didn’t carry Recoil 110 shafts which I also wanted to compare against the Steelfibers. 
I may go back again when looking for something else, but most likely will get work done elsewhere. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

9 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

I had a iron fitting at CC about 3 weeks ago now. I told the fitter ahead of time what irons I was playing and how I was wanting to move into graphite shafts as I get older and have various injuries/ailments that bother me as the days go on. We started out with my irons to get a baseline. Then from there he proceeded to try some various graphite shafts in that head and also other heads/shaft combos. (I told him not to tell me what I was hitting and let’s see what was best). At the end of the day, my irons Pxg 0211 were the winners with Steelfiber i110s.  My particular fitter was very very good and really tried to help me in anyway he could. Didn’t try to push me one way or the other which I really appreciated. But like others have said, the prices they want for things are super high. I can get this done for a couple hundred dollars cheaper easily.  My only complaints about my fitting: they didn’t have the Srixon 585’s to demo (had already sent the demos back, I also have a set so wanted to see what was better My Pxg’s or Srixon’s), and they didn’t carry Recoil 110 shafts which I also wanted to compare against the Steelfibers. 
I may go back again when looking for something else, but most likely will get work done elsewhere. 

SF i110s are very stiff. I play the i95s son hopefully you won’t have any issues. To give you an idea my driver swing speed is 101mph. 

1 minute ago, gsrjc said:

SF i110s are very stiff. I play the i95s son hopefully you won’t have any issues. To give you an idea my driver swing speed is 101mph. 

I hit the SF i110’s well in my fitting. Picked up about 4-5 mph ball speed. But launch was slightly lower then my current shafts (TT Elevate TourX). 
my driver SS is 105-108.  The one thing my fitter said was the club was too light (I said the same several times in fitting), and he recommended that the clubs be SW of D3 so I could feel the club head. 
42 yrs old (43 in Feb) with 2 Acl on left knee, a bad back and some left elbow pain is what’s making me look towards graphite. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Just now, eddiebigeddie said:

I hit the SF i110’s well in my fitting. Picked up about 4-5 mph ball speed. But launch was slightly lower then my current shafts (TT Elevate TourX). 
my driver SS is 105-108.  The one thing my fitter said was the club was too light (I said the same several times in fitting), and he recommended that the clubs be SW of D3 so I could feel the club head. 
42 yrs old (43 in Feb) with 2 Acl on left knee, a bad back and some left elbow pain is what’s making me look towards graphite. 

I see. Yeah the elevate tour generally makes folks hit a high ball. I switched to SF a few years again from nippon 1150gh stiff steel.  Similar age and didn’t want the reverb anymore and also wanted to make sure my elbows and wrists didn’t hurt. My SW is similar and gets heavier as I go to my short irons. Playing 4-6 MP20 HMB and 7-PW MP18 MMC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myherobobhope said:

Did this get resolved? Very curious to see how the story ended. Hopefully well.

I did go back for my Perfect Fit Guarantee .. guy was great about it. Ultimately - No changes were made.. I was swinging the club well and my numbers with what I was fit with actually improved since my first fit and dispersion was tighter. Basically we  chalked it up to on the course nerves, which might sound like a cop out but really ... it’s pretty valid. I get in my head pretty easily. 

I committed to regular lessons since the perfect fit guarantee.. things are going much better on the course and scores are starting to drop again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eddiebigeddie said:

SF 110's are solid shafts.  Maybe not for everyone (is anything?), but I think they get a bum rap.  I am like 90mph driver SS, and have no issue with the SF i110 R flex straight in.  At least at my fitting, I hit the SF 110 better than the Recoil 110.  Good luck with them--I am sure you'll love them.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

A fitting, regardless of location is only as good as the fitter. Club Champion in my area has one amazing fitter, one ...not so much. The individual is more important than the fitting company. 

• Like 1

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

1 hour ago, ephmen said:

A fitting, regardless of location is only as good as the fitter. Club Champion in my area has one amazing fitter, one ...not so much. The individual is more important than the fitting company. 

excellent point.

I went to get fitted last week in Atlanta and was ok with the result. 

Been playing D3~D4 swing weight and all of sudden my fitter wants me to play D0~D1.

Not sure why.

• Haha 1

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

On 9/21/2020 at 6:25 PM, Myherobobhope said:

Let us know how this resolves... be good to see that they stand by there fittings.

sounds like your initial experience was less than ideal. 

I know a local fitter who was interviewing for the club champion here in Louisville... he said their sales targets were aggressive, so I have some concerns about their business model, but don’t have any actual experience. 

hopefully, they make things right! 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, jwb10 said:

CC is silly. You can get as good a fitting locally and not pay 3 times retail. they have a great marketing campaign, but who wants to up-pay for original components that, when sold on line cost 1/3 what you pay. If you play at all u can fit with 3 swings, using Trackman and the range, your feel and a good pro. Get lessons, practice and buy a good set of OEMs fitted to your swing.....PT was right !!! golf swinging GIF

On 9/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, cn34 said:

Did a fitting at CC. Spent the $150, felt uncomfortable the whole time, fitter landed on a set very quickly (like after 3-4 shots) and kept coming back to that as his recommendation. Felt very much like a sales job. Left without buying. 

Ended up doing a fitting at PGA SS at their Studio Experience here in Atlanta. Complete opposite, first it was $50 cheaper. Environment felt far more relaxed. They gave me more time than what was scheduled. The other fitter wrapped his session up early and assisted with the fitting (getting other clubs ready, offered suggestions without pushing, etc). Spent a lot of time talking through the options but never felt any pressure to buy. 

Full disclosure, I'm probably going to exchange what I bought, but that is primarily due to hitting them outside. Don't like the turf interaction and sound. But as far as the process, night and day better than CC

According to the above member, 3-4 swings is all anyone needs to get fit properly. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

7 hours ago, liveagua said:

According to the above member, 3-4 swings is all anyone needs to get fit properly. 

According to Barney Adams, after 3-4 swings you naturally adjust to a club!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

No offence OP but I would take the results of 2.5 months of playing time with the clubs over two sessions with the CC guy. You felt at the time he misfit you, your results over the course of 2.5 months has been terrible and I doubt it was on course nerves(that lasted 2.5 months? never heard of that to be honest). Seems like a case of choosing numbers on a computer over actual on course results.

Edited by Bad9
  • Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

So I am not a fan of CC. Seems the consensus is their fittings are probably no better than other options and are inconsistent based on fitter. This seems to be the case of any chain or franchised business. Their prices I think is a given are outrageous. HOWEVER, they are not forcing you to buy. Some fitters may be more pushy as salesmen but it is your choice. I see absolutely no value in paying close to $2000 for irons when you could have the manufacturer build the club to your specs for almost half that. Same with driver.  Not spending $7-800 on a driver I could have custom built for hundreds less. If YOU want to put that and feel like it is worth it then that is an individual decision.  I see no value in that and it is not a money issue for me. I would gladly pay more for value. I would only go to CC with the intention of getting numbers and purchasing elsewhere. However, I would never do an iron fitting there and relying on hitting off a matt. 

Good luck and hopefully they will stand by the fitting and get you into something better suited for you. 

18 hours ago, liveagua said:

You've misread my comment. My point was that the fitter (not me) had determined after 3-4 shots what club I needed. I did not feel comfortable with that assessment.

As for the clubs I ended up buying, my dislike has come after a dozen or so rounds and 6 range sessions. Pretty sure I've got a good feel for them. 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:19 AM, MysteryV said:

which of course they tried to sell me for $800 - no joke)

I'd like to see what shaft was on this invoice as that's a 200% markup on the MSRP (which is already a markup.) If that's the case, what they do is criminal. 

917D3 8.5* Atmos Blue 6X
917F2 15* Motore Speeder 7.2 X
915Hd 20.5* Rogue Black 85 S
716 AP2 4-PW Project X LZ 5.5 tipped .5"
Vokey SM6 50.12* F, TVD 54* K 58* K
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 KBS Tour Custom Black/Blue 34"

On 10/25/2020 at 4:32 PM, ChipNRun said:

Caution: Club Champion is located here on earth rather than in heaven, so you may encounter less-than-perfect humans in their system. 

A fellow golfer at my club had an excellent iron fitting experience at Club Champion. From the fitting, he went with a set of Bridgestone irons. After the irons arrived, the fitter gave them a loft-and-lie check to make sure everything was in spec. He then told my friend to test them out for a few rounds to see if they worked OK.

By chance, he encountered strange distance gapping in the middle of the set.   The 6i-7i was a 10-yard gap, while 7i-8i was a 14-yard gap. (Other irons landed about 12 yards apart.) And, the clubs were all in spec. 

So the fitter bent the 7i one degree weak, and it solved the problem. Just something about the 7i head that made it fly differently. But, the fitter knew how to fix it.

HE'S A WITCH

917D3 8.5* Atmos Blue 6X
917F2 15* Motore Speeder 7.2 X
915Hd 20.5* Rogue Black 85 S
716 AP2 4-PW Project X LZ 5.5 tipped .5"
Vokey SM6 50.12* F, TVD 54* K 58* K
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 KBS Tour Custom Black/Blue 34"

10 hours ago, Jwowzer said:

I'd like to see what shaft was on this invoice as that's a 200% markup on the MSRP (which is already a markup.) If that's the case, what they do is criminal. 

It was an LAGP Olyss.  You were right with the second bit - what they do is criminal.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

4 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

Reading this thread makes me realize people have money to burn! 

I don’t disagree, but I think more than anything it demonstrates that there is a good market for fittings and they aren’t dependent on cost.

club champion has a solid reputation for what they do, I won’t comment on whether or not it remains true, but I will say I imagine it’s hard to stay true to good fitting while driving expansion quickly.

hopefully, oems will see there is money to be made in good custom fittings and find a way to make sure their retail partners are doing it well... 

honestly, looking at the top golf acquisition by callaway, you could see a potential for fitting opportunities on ranges that they own... some obvious hurdles there, but they have the facilities now... could be an interesting next step for top golf.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Wow that is crazy and unfortunate. Did he offer or you ask for any other heads. I figure he would get you something in the Ping family to test such as the 210's. I am also curious to see what Club Champion says. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

I agree there is a ton of money to be made in the golf industry. Reminds me of all the money made by GNC and the like for selling whey powders and vitamins to out of shape customers. And they continue to by these products for years and years while never improving their health or their physique. Ill shut up and go away now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

Reading this thread makes me realize people have money to burn! 

Same can be said about GI irons from all companies. NO SUCH THING. But as a consumer, the OP is depending on CC to give him several options because it not only falls on numbers but the look and feel of the clubs in the players hands. I can care less how the club performs if the top line is super thick and there is a big bulge on the back side of the irons. Has to be a total package when getting fit into clubs in my opinion. 

I remember starting out playing the game and I fell in love with playing Blades. As harsh as it was to learn the game, it also provided me the drive to be able and hit the center of that face. Even with Sensicore shafts, I knew when I was hitting off center shots. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

On 10/29/2020 at 12:39 AM, Jwowzer said:

There isn't a 200% markup on shafts, there is a $35 install fee, because the shafts won't install themselves. 

1 hour ago, liveagua said:

There isn't a 200% markup on shafts, there is a $35 install fee, because the shafts won't install themselves. 

I think people just like to rag on CC and similar companies for no real reason.  I recently wanted to do some re-jiggering of my fairway shafts.  Essentially, I needed to order a new Accra shaft, have that cut for a 5 wood shaft, and have a LH Callaway tip installed for a GBB Epic fairway.  Then, have my current 5 wood shaft (which was really 7 wood length) swapped into the new Callaway adapter that fits Epic Flash fairways but not the GBB Epic fairways (b/c the Epic 7 wood is a glued shaft for whatever reason, while the Epic Flash 7 wood is not). 

Catch my drift...?  Yeah, try explaining all of that to an ebay seller.  I went on ebay, and sure, I could have picked up the Accra FW shaft for like $150.  I know I paid in the $200s with CC, say $225 or something like that.  But I was able to talk about all of this face to face with the CC guys, have it all done there, and only pay that one fee for the new Accra shaft anyway.  I supplied all of the adapters (from unused shafts), so I knew I was getting OEM.  Not to mention the iron set that they pulled the grips, cut down for me, reinstalled the grips, and bent the lie angle, all at no charge.  All of this done in a day or two.

Sometimes, we choose with open eyes to pay a premium for premium or personal or unusual services.  YMMV. 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

On 10/29/2020 at 12:18 PM, llewol007 said:

Same can be said about GI irons from all companies. NO SUCH THING. But as a consumer, the OP is depending on CC to give him several options because it not only falls on numbers but the look and feel of the clubs in the players hands. I can care less how the club performs if the top line is super thick and there is a big bulge on the back side of the irons. Has to be a total package when getting fit into clubs in my opinion. 

I remember starting out playing the game and I fell in love with playing Blades. As harsh as it was to learn the game, it also provided me the drive to be able and hit the center of that face. Even with Sensicore shafts, I knew when I was hitting off center shots. 

Wait, there is no such thing as "game improvement" irons? Do tell...

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

My iron fitting went well and I’m striking the ball as good as ever. I’m happy w that. BUT , the driver shaft they sold me I took to the course and could not hit it to save my life ! After one round I removed the vilyn shaft and went back to my old one. So I’m stuck w a $300.00 shaft that’s useless to me. It’s been in my closet for two years !