2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Ping i210 new version?

On 11/18/2020 at 12:39 PM, BCC1898 said:

My Golf Shop told me today that the 210 replacement won’t be until British Open time! 

Hope that’s not true!

He’s correct 

8 hours ago, RodrigoNicely said:

G series will be January. You’re not gonna see i210 replacement until next summer 

This is correct also. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I ordered 210’s on October 13. No word yet on scheduled delivery.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

Because they don't release new clubs on your schedule? They are a privately held company, no shareholders to appease. iBlades have been out 4+ years. They don't release new clubs until they have something that is better than what is currently on the market. 

PING knows they are not losing market share because when they do release something, everyone will flock to the stores.

Your point is fair on the schedule. But let’s not inflate Ping’s standing in the market place. Their share of the market and annual revenue numbers are remedial at best when compared to TaylorMade, Callaway, and Titleist (Acushnet). Because they are private it’s tough to find their Net, and I imagine they are proportionally the same as their competitors, but to frame it as if people flock to them and that they couldn’t benefit from taking up some of their competitors market is just not true. Honestly, they probably understand they won’t be able to effectively do that without dumping an obscene amount of money into the marketing machine, which is something they just don’t do. As a result the easiest thing is to just not play the same game as the others and the result is these wonky release schedules. 

I don’t think one way is better than the other, but the reason Ping does this isn’t because they know people are flocking to the stores for them. Every brand has loyalists, whether we are talking golf or technology. That will never change. Ping likely knows it’s a losing battle to go on the same release schedule as these other guys, and the easiest thing to do is create separation in timing. Allow their product to have the spotlight with the least amount of infusion into marketing and advertising. One could argue they are most efficient golf brand in the game from a both a business, R&D, and product standpoint. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Also, I am holding off on irons because I love the i210s and would buy them but the thought of a new version coming out after I pull the trigger is too much pain to risk. I’ll likely have a 425 LST and the newest iteration of the 210s this time next year... so please don’t mistake my previous comment as Ping bashing. I love ping!

PXG One & Done | Armlock

4 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

Because they don't release new clubs on your schedule? They are a privately held company, no shareholders to appease. iBlades have been out 4+ years. They don't release new clubs until they have something that is better than what is currently on the market. 

PING knows they are not losing market share because when they do release something, everyone will flock to the stores.

Flock to the stores??? I can’t remember the last time I saw iBlades in the wild...but as you said, they are 4 years old now. 🙄 Ping’s market share? 

The notion of “they don’t release until they improve in the design” is as lame from Ping as it is when parroted by PXG. 

Ping has had the longest lead times of any OEM through COViD, they haven’t released a players iron in ages, they’ve chased down PLD purchasers with lawyers, etc. Everyone can have an opinion...it’s just that yours is wrong in this case! 😇

1 hour ago, BCC1898 said:

Flock to the stores??? I can’t remember the last time I saw iBlades in the wild...but as you said, they are 4 years old now. 🙄 Ping’s market share? 

The notion of “they don’t release until they improve in the design” is as lame from Ping as it is when parroted by PXG. 

Ping has had the longest lead times of any OEM through COViD, they haven’t released a players iron in ages, they’ve chased down PLD purchasers with lawyers, etc. Everyone can have an opinion...it’s just that yours is wrong in this case! 😇

All the club degenerates on this site will run out and buy PING's newest release as soon as it hits the shelves. It's laughable when someone says "PING lost my money on this one" or "I guess I will just have to go buy the TSi/SIM 2 or whatever driver comes out first" knowing full well they will get the PING anyways.

Scrolling through the tournament pics every week on here and there are a lot of PING clubs in play by players not under contract by any OEM. I see a lot of G410 woods and a lot of i210/BP/iBlades. What's wrong with an OEM "protecting" a consumers purchase instead of releasing 3 new models every year?

PING is a small family owned/run company. Maybe they paid their employees to stay home with their families in order to be safe? I don't know the whole story, do you? Their lead times are a bit excessive but that is because they are out of stock. Is that because of poor planning or a successful product? Where do the heads come from? China. Where did the pandemic originate? China. Is PING's factory over there even open? And are shipments required to quarantine longer than normal?

Didn't they just release the Blueprint? How much more of a players iron do you want? I just ordered a set of iBlade irons on the 17th. I was told they would ship out between November 30th - December 4th, they shipped out on the 23rd (4 business days). The shipping time will take longer than the build time. 

The iBlade is a great club and once PING decides they are no longer taking new orders on them then that is it. Now I have a set to mess around with and PING will fill in the set or replace a lost iron etc.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 5:59 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

He’s correct 

This is correct also. 

What does this mean for i500 replacement?

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

19 hours ago, Quasimoto said:

I ordered 210’s on October 13. No word yet on scheduled delivery.

You should contact PING and revisit your order. Most likely it is one or two heads holding up the order. Let's say you want 4-PW and they are out of stock on 4 iron heads, that will delay your order indefinitely. Instead order 5-PW and then fill in the 4 iron later. That's just an example. I know when I was looking at a lefty set, they were out of 4 & U heads.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

What does this mean for i500 replacement?

Nothing definite.  But I’ve been led to believe a I210/IBlade  replacement is coming in the summer and possibly something new in the I500 type at the same time or within a month or two afterward

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Day 1 with my Blueprints after a 4 week build wait and then 6 days shipping. I am happy, I am shocked how easy the irons are to hit even when I am in a middle of a swing and putting slump!

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

20 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

All the club degenerates on this site will run out and buy PING's newest release as soon as it hits the shelves. It's laughable when someone says "PING lost my money on this one" or "I guess I will just have to go buy the TSi/SIM 2 or whatever driver comes out first" knowing full well they will get the PING anyways.

Scrolling through the tournament pics every week on here and there are a lot of PING clubs in play by players not under contract by any OEM. I see a lot of G410 woods and a lot of i210/BP/iBlades. What's wrong with an OEM "protecting" a consumers purchase instead of releasing 3 new models every year?

PING is a small family owned/run company. Maybe they paid their employees to stay home with their families in order to be safe? I don't know the whole story, do you? Their lead times are a bit excessive but that is because they are out of stock. Is that because of poor planning or a successful product? Where do the heads come from? China. Where did the pandemic originate? China. Is PING's factory over there even open? And are shipments required to quarantine longer than normal?

Didn't they just release the Blueprint? How much more of a players iron do you want? I just ordered a set of iBlade irons on the 17th. I was told they would ship out between November 30th - December 4th, they shipped out on the 23rd (4 business days). The shipping time will take longer than the build time. 

The iBlade is a great club and once PING decides they are no longer taking new orders on them then that is it. Now I have a set to mess around with and PING will fill in the set or replace a lost iron etc.

Blueprint is heading into year 3. 

Probably a bad year to describe their release schedule as wonky, every thing in the world is wonky in 2020. They probably have supply issues beyond their control like many, many other businesses are experiencing. Try buying building supplies.

Edit: its surprising golf companies as a whole haven't increased prices 2-3 times like other industries have

Edited by Bad9
  • Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

On 11/24/2020 at 6:48 AM, BCC1898 said:

Ping is really CRAPPING the bed lately. Release schedule is garbage. 

Keyboard warrior, completely oblivious to 2020, criticizing a successful goods manufacturer that's been going strong for 60+ years. Hahahaha

On 9/20/2020 at 1:45 PM, BCC1898 said:

Keyboard warriors criticizing a 3 time Major Champ. Hahahahaha!

Edited by duffer987
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I appreciate the defense of Ping and certainly 2020 has thrown everyone on the face of the Earth multiple curveballs. But hundreds of thousands if not millions of businesses have and are adapting. I can’t give a company the size of Ping a get out of jail free card on EVERYTHING “just because, ya know, 2020.” 

Surely there were some road bumps to address early on, but we aren’t seeing nearly the audibles out of these other brands. And let’s be completely honest here. Golf industry is coming out of this pandemic looking like roses and sunshine compared to some of these other markets and industries. So sure I’ll give you the lead times on shipment, as it looks like that is starting to improve. But these release schedules being called “wonky” are fair game for critics. After all they are the CONSUMER, and while we certainly represent a small portion of consumers people aren’t wrong to say now into early Q2 is when a lot of golf shopping will be done. But I will also happily concede this is just another example zigging while everyone else zags. It’s got them this far, so who are we to judge I suppose. 

PXG One & Done | Armlock

1 hour ago, Homerun2Birdie said:

But I will also happily concede this is just another example zigging while everyone else zags. It’s got them this far, so who are we to judge I suppose. 

I do think that's part of it. Ping is family owned and that allows them to take a longer view than CEOs that have to answer to shareholders or private equity firms.

But there's also another answer out there, thats a bit more straightforward. Ping typically releases clubs in two intervals each year, first in late winter and then in late summer. When covid hit they just decided to move back all their releases one interval, so what was gonna happen in summer 2020 will now happen winter 2021, etc. It might really be that simple -- they like those intervals and wanted to stick with them (for whatever reasons, tradition, strategy, who knows) and they preferred to delay a whole interval rather than just delay for a month or two. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, doublehans said:

I do think that's part of it. Ping is family owned and that allows them to take a longer view than CEOs that have to answer to shareholders or private equity firms.

But there's also another answer out there, thats a bit more straightforward. Ping typically releases clubs in two intervals each year, first in late winter and then in late summer. When covid hit they just decided to move back all their releases one interval, so what was gonna happen in summer 2020 will now happen winter 2021, etc. It might really be that simple -- they like those intervals and wanted to stick with them (for whatever reasons, tradition, strategy, who knows) and they preferred to delay a whole interval rather than just delay for a month or two. 

You are probably correct. I’ll have to see if I can wait patiently for the next i210 release, or to see if my eyes get the better of me with another release. Selfishly I wish they’d release them ASAP haha. 

PXG One & Done | Armlock

On 11/24/2020 at 1:24 PM, BCC1898 said:

For the record no PING lawyers chased me down as respects the one PLD purchase that they thwarted and the other two that were successful.

1 hour ago, Kball10 said:

Will do

I placed an order for my fourth set of i210s on 9/17 and I am still waiting on them (4-W; Project X Rifle 6.0).  Expected ship date was 10/29/2020.  PING’s current delay issues are both supply chain and workforce.  At the onset of the pandemic, their AZ factory was shut down entirely.  Shortly thereafter, they brought in a limited skeleton crew to handle club work (for clubs shipped to them for such), but not build new orders.  Then more personnel returned and they got back to building new orders.  Not certain where they are at right now, but I doubt operating at full capacity.  The preceding is fact, not speculation.

21 hours ago, duffer987 said:

Keyboard warrior, completely oblivious to 2020, criticizing a successful goods manufacturer that's been going strong for 60+ years. Hahahaha

I can’t imagine being as bored or lame as you. 

But in respects to the almighty COViD...every other OEM has seemed to handle it without months-long lead times or a complete pause on releases. But maybe their “60 years of business” exempts them from getting left in the dust competitively. 

Edited by BCC1898
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, BCC1898 said:

I can’t imagine being as bored or lame as you. 

But in respects to the almighty COViD...every other OEM has seemed to handle it without months-long lead times or a complete pause on releases. But maybe their “60 years of business” exempts them from getting left in the dust competitively. 

Everyone is having delays.  Callaway waiting on shipment of cb heads currently. Taylormade and Titleist had huge delays as well. In speaking with reps it’s just hit or miss when it comes from components from overseas