Mitsubishi Kai'li White?

GolfWRX

9 hours ago, Rpete33 said:

Can anyone compare this shaft to an av raw prototype tx shaft?

Feel wise it’s so much better. I had a proto 75tx and it’s a great shaft but felt like I had to work to swing it. Overall I think the kai’li is just as low spin and stable but better and smoother feel

• Like 1

So from what I gather this is an easier swinging Ventus black? How would the 60tx compare to Ventus black 6x?

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

@Rpete33, no it is not.

Kai'li White is "whiteboard" shaft with a linear profile.  It doesn't look as stout as the newest Diamana whiteboard (PD) or some other equivalents (Ventus Black), but it still will have very little hinge.  

Rogue White (except in TX) is a "blueboard" profile with mid-shaft hinge.  Diamana TB/BF and Tensei CK Blue/Av Blue are the shafts that come to mind as examples of that profile.

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

9 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

So from what I gather this is an easier swinging Ventus black? How would the 60tx compare to Ventus black 6x?

On paper, that sounds about right.  Not as stout as the Ventus Black, but more stable than a Ventus Blue.   Can't comment about stiffness comparisons though - there is no universal measurement for S vs X vs TX across manufacturers.  My buddy's Adlila NV RIPx 65R feels more stable than the Diamana DF 6X in my garage...

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

20 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

It's not easier to load than the Ventus Black.  I had the VB 7x and have tested the Kai li 60TX.  Kai'li launches a touch lower and spin is similar.  Kai has a touch more feel than the VB IMO.  Both were very stable anti-left shafts for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

12 hours ago, Rpete33 said:

So is this shaft just a rogue white without the counter balance? 

Nope.  It has way better feel and more stable, IMO.  I also found it to spin a little less for me as well. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 3:00 PM, endy said:

Would be interested to hear this as well, also to Ventus TR 6X 

On 3/31/2022 at 11:29 AM, Rbsiedsc said:

I would echo @phizzy30 in that the kai’li has more feel than the VB, however both are pretty linear feeling with no real pronounced kick point.  I actually feel the kai’li is a little easier to load than the Ventus and can turn it over easier, which is a good thing for me…..launches lower and spin seems to be less as well.

Big fan thus far….

1 hour ago, TJacks1908 said:

Can anyone compare the Kai’li to the D+ Ltd in TX flex?

Feels very similar in IMO, but think the D+ is a little tighter feeling and closer to the Ventus black….especially in terms of launch and spin.  I actually love the Ventus black and D+ when I had one in my fairway woods.

Driver I miss right, fairways I miss left….so vb/D+ do better and actually launch higher for me so works even better. 

• Thanks 1

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

12 hours ago, TJacks1908 said:

Can anyone compare the Kai’li to the D+ Ltd in TX flex?

I bag the kai’li in my driver and 3 wood and Ltd in my 5. I love the Ltd and kai’li. Can’t go wrong with either. I sometimes get quick with my driver and the kai’li feels a little more rigid throughout. I could game the Ltd in the driver again with no problems. 

Just now, Morry said:

Wondering on the Kai'li 60-s in the driver vs a 1K 50 -s

anyone have a take on launch, spin, anti-left for these 2 against each other?

really appreciated

Launch and spin for both shafts will be similar.  In terms of stability/anti-left, I would give the slight edge to the Kai'li.  Where the two shafts differed for me was feel and dispersion.  The 1K had more feel to it, but was all over the place for me while the Kai'li was more accurate. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morry said:

Wondering on the Kai'li 60-s in the driver vs a 1K 50 -s

anyone have a take on launch, spin, anti-left for these 2 against each other?

really appreciated

D7810E36-2770-465D-93D4-00A0E7B0B08B.jpeg

E2D8054E-E2E2-40EC-9212-E9709D98FDF6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL or anyone in the know, Is the Kaili white made in Japan?

My playing partner the other day still had the assembly sticker on his Stealth and it stated that the Head was from Taiwan and the Shaft from Japan..it was a 60 Stiff, so I was surprised to see that a stock Mitsubishi shaft was made in Japan.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

The S and X offerings that are stock in the TM stealth’s are made in both China and in Japan.

Side note, I called MCA the other day to ask why you can’t get the 60 S and 60 X aftermarket and was told the initial production runs were sold to TM but plans are to have them available to public, just like the TX, through normal distribution channels later in the year. I asked for clarity if it’s the same shaft stock for what’s planned to be available aftermarket and was told emphatically “yes”. And when I asked about China and Japan, was told same mandrel and materials, just multiple production facilities to meet demand.

Edited by Seattlegolfnut
  • Like 1

So I just got fit for a Stealth+ 10.5* head with this shaft and I am trying to figure out why the fitter suggested this as opposed to the PX HZRDUS 6.0. The end of the (free) fitting was kind of rushed and I didn't get a chance to look at the numbers closely, but when I received the report afterwards it shows the PX had about 4mph more ball speed and approx. 5 extra carry yards. But the spin was a bit high (3600) whereas the Ka'Lil was lower(3100) . Both felt great but I am assuming the fitter put me with the Ka'Lil due to the lower spin?

On 4/30/2022 at 1:25 AM, Seattlegolfnut said:

The S and X offerings that are stock in the TM stealth’s are made in both China and in Japan.

Side note, I called MCA the other day to ask why you can’t get the 60 S and 60 X aftermarket and was told the initial production runs were sold to TM but plans are to have them available to public, just like the TX, through normal distribution channels later in the year. I asked for clarity if it’s the same shaft stock for what’s planned to be available aftermarket and was told emphatically “yes”. And when I asked about China and Japan, was told same mandrel and materials, just multiple production facilities to meet demand.

Fwiw they're extremely available on ebay, for low prices. MCA has maintained from the start that the OEM version and aftermarket version will be identical. I have no clue if that's true, but my strike pattern immediately got tighter when switching to it so I'm not sure it even matters if it's "inferior" as long as you get the results you want.

• 2 weeks later...

This shaft has been great for me. Feels explosive, yet tight at the same time. 

Current Setup:

LH

Krank Formula Fire LD 4 degree Paderson Kinetixx Velocity D30+

Cobra F9 tour 13.5 turned to 12.5 Aldila RIPX 85TX

3-P Ping i210 LA golf L-Series 6 Flex

50 Ping glide forged 4.0 Lagp L-Series 6 flex

56&60 Ping glide forged pro La golf L series 6 flex

PXG Battle Ready II Blackjack double bend

This is wrx......you should know the answer!  TX all the way and make sure you tip it extra!

But it seriousness, I have the TX and absolutely love the feel of it and has been great with my LTDX LS head.  Very smooth, but stable.....yea that whole line lol.  

When I swung the X, it felt a bit looser and launched higher for me.....that was with a stealth plus tho.  

• Like 1

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

19 minutes ago, cmy said:

How can you decide between the X or TX? Especially most of your clubs are X. Looking into this for the driver, currently gaming X in Ventus blue on the fairways/hybrid.

If you look at their specs, the difference between the X and TX flex in terms of torque value is significant.  I found the 60X to launch higher and spin more than the TX and less stable for me in terms of the lefts. 

On 5/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, cmy said:

How can you decide between the X or TX? Especially most of your clubs are X. Looking into this for the driver, currently gaming X in Ventus blue on the fairways/hybrid.

You gotta try them out! Only you know which is right for you.

I know I'm not in TX territory but waffled on S, S tipped 1", or X. So bought them all and kept the S tipped 1". Then bought a backup. You'll find a flood of Stealth pulls in S and X, and even aftermarket TX's with various adapters and lengths on the bay right now...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Gtyler14 @phizzy30 @jgreer1421

Anyone have anything new to add to this thread after a couple more months? I recently pivoted to a Tensei Pro White from the D+ LTD and that was a great move for me because I love the softer handle in the Pro White. I'm now looking at seeing if there's another improvement to be made from the original Pro White to either the 1K White or the Kai'li White. Any thoughts/suggestions if you're familiar with all these?

Edited by ktyler2

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

24 minutes ago, ktyler2 said:

Anyone have anything new to add to this thread after a couple more months? I recently pivoted to a Tensei Pro White from the D+ LTD and that was a great move for me because I love the softer handle in the Pro White. I'm now looking at seeing if there's another improvement to be made from the original Pro White to either the 1K White or the Kai'li White. Any thoughts/suggestions if you're familiar with all these?

Kai'li White and the 1K will be the same launch/spin window.  Where it really differs is feel.  Whereas the 1K feels soft in the handle thus more feel, the Kai'li White felt significantly stiffer in that area.  More like a Ventus Black feel to it.  Slight edge to the Kai'li White for stability BUT I got more ball speed with the 1K.  You have a tough choice to make........

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktyler2 said:

Echo exactly what @phizzy30 says. I personally haven’t tried the 1K white, so can’t give exact comparisons, but the kai’li is very similar to the Ventus black in terms of stability, but has more feel to it. I’ve found that you need to put some effort into the swing to make it go…..it’s perfect when it happens, but takes a little effort….it’s so smooth tho.  In comparison to a Ventus black 6TX…..it doesn’t feel overly stiff, but does perform that way to an extent.  Pretty anti left.

Personally the kai’li is likely on its way out for me and will find its way onto the bst in the coming weeks.  Have a 1k orange on the way to test for fun….then will likely end up in my trusty XC when all said and done….which ultimately is a little more similar to the 1K/PW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

11 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

Echo exactly what @phizzy30 says. I personally haven’t tried the 1K white, so can’t give exact comparisons, but the kai’li is very similar to the Ventus black in terms of stability, but has more feel to it. I’ve found that you need to put some effort into the swing to make it go…..it’s perfect when it happens, but takes a little effort….it’s so smooth tho.  In comparison to a Ventus black 6TX…..it doesn’t feel overly stiff, but does perform that way to an extent.  Pretty anti left.

Personally the kai’li is likely on its way out for me and will find its way onto the bst in the coming weeks.  Have a 1k orange on the way to test for fun….then will likely end up in my trusty XC when all said and done….which ultimately is a little more similar to the 1K/PW. 

I agree with a lot of @jgreer1421. The kai’li is out of my bag but not because it was bad. Shaft is amazing and super stable. I bag the Ventus black 6/8x/10tx in woods and driving iron. The ventus for me is a little stiffer feeling overall which is a personal preference for me and gave me a little more confidence to swing it without any don’t miss thoughts. The kai’li launches higher for me compared to the black which was some of the reason I switched. I can’t compare it to the 1k but I can to the D+ LTD. I liked the kai’li more in the driver for some reason but loved the LTD better in the woods. In the heavier weight the Ltd launched lower and felt stiffer in the handle where the kai’li felt a touch softer but launched high. It’s a really great shaft and it was something I didn’t think I’m move away from but the black was a better fit numbers wise and a better feel personally that I liked more.

Edited by Gtyler14
  • Thanks 1