Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

16 minutes ago, doctorgriffo said:

Been lucky enough to play it a handful of times, along with all the other courses on the peninsula. Amazing place for golf, but insanely expensive (I only get to live here for work).

That's so awesome, super jealous!!  I was lucky enough to grow up 15 minutes from Bethpage Black and at that time it wasnt well known so it was easy to get on and not expensive at all.  I live in Florida now but will definitely be heading up for the 2025 Ryder, thats going to be insane!!

12 minutes ago, Brimster said:

Wondering if y'all will check my work.

With all of the news around BLP/GC3 and Mevo+ Pro, I created this table to summarize features...

How'd I do?  

Nice work. The Mevo+ with pro package will be unbelievable value for range use if the fusion tracking improves accuracy (and it's already pretty good outside). Almost the accuracy and almost the same data points as the high end LMs for a fraction of the price.

You could add another row called "Accurate indoors". GC3 would be "Yes".

Mevo+ would be something like: "highly variable, depending on ball flight distance,  distance to radar unit, slope and levelness of floor, mat and path back to radar, ball speed, spin rate, environmental noise, objects in the radar's "cone" of sight ( especially metallic objects) and lighting level for Fusion tracking".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Nice work. The Mevo+ with pro package will be unbelievable value for range use if the fusion tracking improves accuracy (and it's already pretty good outside). Almost the accuracy and almost the same data points as the high end LMs for a fraction of the price.

Mevo+ would be something like: "highly variable, depending on ball flight distance,  distance to radar unit, slope and levelness of floor, mat and path back to radar, ball speed, spin rate, environmental noise, objects in the radar's "cone" of sight ( especially metallic objects) and lighting level for Fusion tracking".

That's what's making me scratch my head...indoors vs. outdoors.  I currently have an R10 which is my first launch monitor.  So I have all of a few weeks of experience.  But my use case - at least today - is 100% outdoor use for game improvement.  I have no plans for sim or indoor play.  IF - and it is a BIIIIIIG if - Mevo+ Pro IS as accurate as BLP Gold/GC3 OUTDOORS is seems like a no-brainer.  SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive and more data parameters.  Other than the accuracy question...am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Brimster said:

That's what's making me scratch my head...indoors vs. outdoors.  I currently have an R10 which is my first launch monitor.  So I have all of a few weeks of experience.  But my use case - at least today - is 100% outdoor use for game improvement.  I have no plans for sim or indoor play.  IF - and it is a BIIIIIIG if - Mevo+ Pro IS as accurate as BLP Gold/GC3 OUTDOORS is seems like a no-brainer.  SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive and more data parameters.  Other than the accuracy question...am I missing something?

For outdoors only Mevo+ Pro is pretty much a no brainer. The strength of any camera based system is indoor use.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Luke.Sutton said:

I used the DIY enclosure article from Gungho Golf and pretty much followed all the steps. I will be covering that gym flooring with “money putt” turf from Grass Tex I ordered from Gungho. And using a couple putting cups from Birdie Ball. They make a 1” cup that will work great for this. 

https://gunghogolf.com/articles/diy-impact-screen-enclosure

Here is a link to the Gym flooring… it was about $1/ft

https://www.amazon.com/BalanceFrom-Puzzle-Exercise-Interlocking-Tiles/dp/B07BXTJDTP/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=2O2RPZDXMW06L&dchild=1&keywords=balancefrom+1+extra+thick+puzzle+exercise+mat&qid=1607868402&sprefix=balancefrom+1",aps,188&sr=8-5&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=gunghogolf-20&linkId=1e2d7a0cb101756c7fd621e39f436c76&language=en_US

I've read that article.  None of the links have elbow fittings or the straight connector fittings. Where did you find those pieces?

2 hours ago, OrangeGravy said:

I've read that article.  None of the links have elbow fittings or the straight connector fittings. Where did you find those pieces?

I ordered all the recommended pieces from a1 tarps.  Shipped in like 3 days from LA to Wisconsin.  Still waiting on foresight though.  Been 22 days since they charged my card.

9 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

I think this is a fair assessment. Given optimal space a radar unit could approach GCQ / GC3 levels of accuracy indoors. You just don't know until you set it up. If you have a proper indoor simulation space than I think the extra cost for the GC3 is worth it. If you are squeezing some indoor hitting space into your garage for irons only practice during the winter months (cough) . . . much harder to justify.

So been following this thread for all 69 pages - sorry if I missed it but the interface between GC3/LP and iPad currently is not working ? Something that will be sorted with a firmware update soon I hope…

my intended use for what looks like the Launch Pro for the initial 3 k instead of the 7 k (wife would flip!),  is to use at the range, on course late in the day when holes are open, and in the driveway into a net. Unfortunately, an indoor sim setup is not feasible in the near future. 
I Understand that there is the screen on the unit, but having the data on the iPad would obviously be ideal. 
foe me it’s about accurate carry yardage (gapping) spin, apex, and descent angle. 
Also, does the software on the app allow for saving sessions to be reviewed later? 

TM 2017 M2 - Oban Kyoshi tour limited 04 60
King Cobra F7 3 wood Hzrdus Red 6.5 65
King Cobra F7 2 hybrid GD 95 X
Honma TW737VS 5 -PW Modus 120X SS1
Sm6 50 F - Miura 56 K - Miura 59 C - KBS 610 125 S+
TP5

6 minutes ago, Heymoose said:

So been following this thread for all 69 pages - sorry if I missed it but the interface between GC3/LP and iPad currently is not working ? Something that will be sorted with a firmware update soon I hope…

my intended use for what looks like the Launch Pro for the initial 3 k instead of the 7 k (wife would flip!),  is to use at the range, on course late in the day when holes are open, and in the driveway into a net. Unfortunately, an indoor sim setup is not feasible in the near future. 
I Understand that there is the screen on the unit, but having the data on the iPad would obviously be ideal. 
foe me it’s about accurate carry yardage (gapping) spin, apex, and descent angle. 
Also, does the software on the app allow for saving sessions to be reviewed later? 

I understood someone ITT got the ipad app working by some wizadry involving going via a PC the first time, and possibly changing wifi settings. What the ipad app is called or looks like for the 3K basic package is not clear to me, I don't think it's a range.

9 hours ago, OrangeGravy said:

I got the fittings from Carl’s place. They sell them without the full kit. I wanted to use the screen material from @GungHoGolf with the tarp clips instead of the grommets from Carl’s. Highly recommend Ron at Gung-ho. He’s been very helpful. 

Edited by Luke.Sutton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Brimster said:

With all of the news around BLP/GC3 and Mevo+ Pro, I created this table to summarize features...

image.png.85206e7fd8246cc805f414c823aedd2d.png

How'd I do?  

Looks pretty good.  I'd be buying a Mevo + Pro for sure if I had an outdoor setup or had the room for indoor.  Since I don't I have to go camera based.  To bad I can't justify a Quad

Just now, mikewohlwend said:

Looks pretty good.  I'd be buying a Mevo + Pro for sure if I had an outdoor setup or had the room for indoor.  Since I don't I have to go camera based.  To bad I can't justify a Quad

Agreed. Same position. Does the Mevo+ Pro measure the full flight of the ball or will it only measure the first 40 feet? I think that's extremely relevant for outdoor use. The longer it measures the more accurate it is

3 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Agreed. Same position. Does the Mevo+ Pro measure the full flight of the ball or will it only measure the first 40 feet? I think that's extremely relevant for outdoor use. The longer it measures the more accurate it is

I believe Flightscope let slip early in the roll out that the Mevo + measures 80 yards of flight.

5 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Answered above me.

Edited by mikewohlwend

9 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

I believe Flightscope let slip early in the roll out that the Mevo + measures 80 yards of flight.

Tracking flight duration appears to be the biggest remaining differentiator between the X3 and Mevo+ Pro.  There are others, but it seems tough to justify the 5X price difference between X3 and Mevo+ Pro, right?

12 hours ago, Brimster said:

image.png.85206e7fd8246cc805f414c823aedd2d.png

How'd I do?  

Wait now.  Mevo+ Pro?  This is the first I have seen mentioned on it.  Is this essentially just the Mevo+ with the other metrics unlocked that users suspected would be?

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

12 minutes ago, radiman said:

Wait now.  Mevo+ Pro?  This is the first I have seen mentioned on it.  Is this essentially just the Mevo+ with the other metrics unlocked that users suspected would be?

Big haps the last 48 hours. Pro package available in January will be $1k one time fee. Fusion tracking automatically included.

3 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Big haps the last 48 hours. Pro package available in January will be $1k one time fee. Fusion tracking automatically included.

So it is just an add on to the existing Mevo+?  A fee to unlock the data essentially.  

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X