2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

Got fit by the TM rep yesterday outdoors at my club on the range. Stealth+ 8*. Went through a few shaft options. Loved the look and feel of the head. Ended up finding a shaft that works really, really well for me and it turns out is quite inexpensive - NV 65X. No idea just loved the shaft. Anyways numbers were good we tweaked loft and weight a little in the toe and then after everything was done asked if I could pop my Sim2 8* head back on for a head to head in the same setting (minus sliding weight of course). Anyways ball speed popped up, spin dropped a bit, and flight was visually a bit more appealing. Not a big difference but picked up another 4-5 yards with my own head. Loved the Stealth+ and would happily play it but the Sim2 was a no brainer. Was sitting just around 174 ball speed with Sim2 and 2100 spin compared to the Stealth+ at 171 and 2300 spin. YMMV.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Got fit by the TM rep yesterday outdoors at my club on the range. Stealth+ 8*. Went through a few shaft options. Loved the look and feel of the head. Ended up finding a shaft that works really, really well for me and it turns out is quite inexpensive - NV 65X. No idea just loved the shaft. Anyways numbers were good we tweaked loft and weight a little in the toe and then after everything was done asked if I could pop my Sim2 8* head back on for a head to head in the same setting (minus sliding weight of course). Anyways ball speed popped up, spin dropped a bit, and flight was visually a bit more appealing. Not a big difference but picked up another 4-5 yards with my own head. Loved the Stealth+ and would happily play it but the Sim2 was a no brainer. Was sitting just around 174 ball speed with Sim2 and 2100 spin compared to the Stealth+ at 171 and 2300 spin. YMMV.

Yeah, this was pretty well documented in this thread...if you didn't need moveable weight tech then sim2 is just as good. 

9 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

NV65.  Wow.

Didn't expect to read that this morning.  Awesome.  🙂

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

19 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

NV65.  Wow.

Didn't expect to read that this morning.  Awesome.  🙂

🤷‍♂️ not being picky these days. Just using what works. I've got an Accra TZ5 M5 in there right now and the numbers were better with the NV and felt more comfortable just hitting a nice push draw without worrying about the block. 

• Like 1

Caught one a hair low on the face tonight but ripped it on an uphill dogleg par 5 and had 122 left… shortest I’ve ever had on that hole.  This thing is fast.  Just curious if it will continue to get faster as the carbon face breaks in.  Back in standard.  Spin seems to be decent now with the swing speed ticking up a bit as we get into the season.

First little speed session on the range this year and hit new PBs for swing speed-134 and ball speed-194.  Need to drop the loft but forgot the wrench at home but I think I can get close to my 200mph ball target I had for this year sooner than I thought.  Took a few swipes with the Ping 425LST but best I could hit was 188 at similar swing speeds and good strikes.  Fastest ball was one of the straightest too…CBD87EFA-51C3-4A15-A250-8D0219451EE6.jpeg.ec930a029dbaa89b852d7efbd7a64cd0.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kwettig said:

First little speed session on the range this year and hit new PBs for swing speed-134 and ball speed-194.  Need to drop the loft but forgot the wrench at home but I think I can get close to my 200mph ball target I had for this year sooner than I thought.  Took a few swipes with the Ping 425LST but best I could hit was 188 at similar swing speeds and good strikes.  Fastest ball was one of the straightest too…CBD87EFA-51C3-4A15-A250-8D0219451EE6.jpeg.ec930a029dbaa89b852d7efbd7a64cd0.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSINnj2Q7rU

Edited by getitdaily
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

These numbers are sweet…and ur effeciency was “only” 1.46!   
  Those are wrx #’s.  I shouldnt even be allowed on this forum. 

1 hour ago, 3PuttLefty said:

These numbers are sweet…and ur effeciency was “only” 1.46!   
  Those are wrx #’s.  I shouldnt even be allowed on this forum. 

As wild as these swings are 1.46 is a pretty darn good strike for me and foresight measures club speed differently than trackman and makes it harder to get 1.50. I’m tall with long arms and this speed is probably easier for me than some but I’m most proud of gaining from my all out speed a couple years ago.  It’s all relative and I encourage everyone to try to ramp up their top end as it makes the baseline rise as well.  As with any training don’t overdo it but some amount of swings trying to go as fast as you can without judging where the ball goes will go a long way to hitting your personal bests and raising the floor of your swing speed.  I’ve found I actually hit the ball as straight at higher speed than trying to steer it.  I imagine if I start going too much faster that will be harder.  The stealth is an absolute bomber club.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BCC1898 said:

Ok,  @TaylorMade Golf  after 8 months and countless tests, Stealth Plus won over everything else...purchased today!  Long journey!

I'm sure they care! Got mine without testin'.....................It's def TMag, even at 10°5. What shaft did you pick?

Edit: feels curt, I did not mean it like that, though it came so.....

Edited by Nihonsei75

I may have missed it.  

But when will the title of this thread be changed to:

Anyone Have Any Idea What TM Driver Plans are for 2023?

I mean we kinda need to know..right @TaylorMade Golf

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 5/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, kwettig said:

As wild as these swings are 1.46 is a pretty darn good strike for me and foresight measures club speed differently than trackman and makes it harder to get 1.50. I’m tall with long arms and this speed is probably easier for me than some but I’m most proud of gaining from my all out speed a couple years ago.  It’s all relative and I encourage everyone to try to ramp up their top end as it makes the baseline rise as well.  As with any training don’t overdo it but some amount of swings trying to go as fast as you can without judging where the ball goes will go a long way to hitting your personal bests and raising the floor of your swing speed.  I’ve found I actually hit the ball as straight at higher speed than trying to steer it.  I imagine if I start going too much faster that will be harder.  The stealth is an absolute bomber club.

How did I miss this one? Must've not had a phone for a few days...wow.....Right on 'bout the steering and also I didn't know my swing had a bottom outside of contact or round'about points. Glad I got a new phone and became again one with this new comment alerts!

P.S. : I started at the bottom  both Earthly and this thread, so check me out up top when I get there! Who put this damn Delta 8 into the CBDs (free with purchase of some Clear Tequilas)(in the square bottle)?

13 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I may have missed it.  

But when will the title of this thread be changed to:

Anyone Have Any Idea What TM Driver Plans are for 2023?

I mean we kinda need to know..right @TaylorMade Golf

Not until leaked photos or a Jan 1st release if we're LUCKY. I'm getting prepped for '22.2! I got the shafts ready for the next drop. Do that in the meantime Carolina, whether N or S. shafts age better than heads!

Edit: No Bird Boston-61 / GS- 66

Edited by Nihonsei75
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, kwettig said:

You guys suck, It seems I can't get enough pushups to keep up. I did Letter at 103 though so it might just be the wrestling genes adapted to making weight during the peak growth spurt years!? I got short game though! (from missing all those GIRs)

Edit: Ain't No Body keepin up with that mess with any percent of all the pushups on this Earth. Damn You man! Your a mighty fine photoshopper!

Edited by Nihonsei75
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 8:49 PM, kwettig said:

Thank you for posting this coming from a legit high ss guy.  You don't know how many people try to refute the idiosyncrisies of speed training and how detail oriented it is.  I tell the naysayers that they're not doing it right and usually I'm correct.  I have my clients who are athletes cycle their training.  Muscle fatigue and overtraining/CNS overload is a real thing, folks.  Btw, love your numbers. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

5 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Thank you for posting this coming from a legit high ss guy.  You don't know how many people try to refute the idiosyncrisies of speed training and how detail oriented it is.  I tell the naysayers that they're not doing it right and usually I'm correct.  I have my clients who are athletes cycle their training.  Muscle fatigue and overtraining/CNS overload is a real thing, folks.  Btw, love your numbers. 

I’ve been basically coming at this from a technique and intent perspective.  And I think many many people have at least 5-10mph of fairly easy gains available that way.  I think I’m pushing the limits in that regard and will have to increase my physical capacity to swing much faster.  Time to do some gym work I suppose. 😬 

• Like 1

Just now, kwettig said:

I’ve been basically coming at this from a technique and intent perspective.  And I think many many people have at least 5-10mph of fairly easy gains available that way.  I think I’m pushing the limits in that regard and will have to increase my physical capacity to swing much faster.  Time to do some gym work I suppose. 😬 

If your not doing any work in the gym at this time and those are your numbers I'm impressed.  You could easily add another 5-10 mph ss. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, LongStaff said:

Well the face on my stealth plus failed yesterday. I was warming up on the range for a tournament and the face separated and flew off. Luckily it happened at the course I work at and I was able to use a demo head for the tournament. I’ll find out tomorrow how long a replacement head will take. Bummer 

25922571-6E00-4D07-BD96-2471CBC40EAE.jpeg

Interested to see replacement time.  Looks like it separated between layers.  On the bright side it’s only the 2nd or 3rd failure I’ve seen but if it breaks it’s rendered completely useless whereas when I cracked the last couple pings I’ve had they are still somewhat usable.  Still have the 425lst as a backup because I’m not giving up the ball speed I get with the stealth but handy to have if the stealth breaks.

Still loving my Stealth + after 3 months or so and luckily the face is still intact, but I noticed that the carbon face is starting to show rub marks from hitting balls. With drivers with a steel face you typically see nicks on the face but with the Stealth, they look more like rub marks of the golf ball (you can see the outline of the dimples). Thought they would wash off but nope. It’s only visible in certain lighting but curious if anyone else noticed this too. 

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

On 6/6/2022 at 12:32 PM, kwettig said:

Interested to see replacement time.  Looks like it separated between layers.  On the bright side it’s only the 2nd or 3rd failure I’ve seen but if it breaks it’s rendered completely useless whereas when I cracked the last couple pings I’ve had they are still somewhat usable.  Still have the 425lst as a backup because I’m not giving up the ball speed I get with the stealth but handy to have if the stealth breaks.

The original estimate was by July 18th. Today they updated it to august 5th. I will not buy another club directly from them again. This is not how you treat a customer that bought a faulty product. 

5 hours ago, LongStaff said:

The original estimate was by July 18th. Today they updated it to august 5th. I will not buy another club directly from them again. This is not how you treat a customer that bought a faulty product. 

Ouch.  Would make more sense if they didn’t show every RH head in stock on the website.  I had two pings crack on me the 400 and 410 and they both took about 3-4 weeks through my local club.