Ping poor after sales service

Randagios

5 hours ago, Randagios said:

No. I bought them in a large golf store and the store manager contacted the rep.   

That's your problem, Fill out the the repair form and send the club back to Ping. Problem solved.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

6 hours ago, Randagios said:

No. I bought them in a large golf store and the store manager contacted the rep.   

Please tell us the exact clubs in question.

First problem is that the store contacted the rep.  They shouldn't be dealing with the rep for these kinds of things.  They need to be contacting Ping directly for warranty claims and product repairs.  The rep is there is sell them product and make sure they know what the product is and does.  Unless there is a problem that needs to be resolved, that is when the rep gets contacted.  That being said, it sounds like the rep isn't helping the situation.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

6 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Please tell us the exact clubs in question.

First problem is that the store contacted the rep.  They shouldn't be dealing with the rep for these kinds of things.  They need to be contacting Ping directly for warranty claims and product repairs.  The rep is there is sell them product and make sure they know what the product is and does.  Unless there is a problem that needs to be resolved, that is when the rep gets contacted.  That being said, it sounds like the rep isn't helping the situation.

G425 FW and HY. The products delivered were perfect and did not have any damage and they had the exact specs I ordered. After tried them, I realized I wanted a heavier swing weight and I asked an adjustment and was happy to pay any cost.

Anyhow, I have just followed Nixhex524's suggestion and bought a few weights, which will be delivered shortly. 

18 minutes ago, Randagios said:

G425 FW and HY. The products delivered were perfect and did not have any damage and they had the exact specs I ordered. After tried them, I realized I wanted a heavier swing weight and I asked an adjustment and was happy to pay any cost.

Anyhow, I have just followed Nixhex524's suggestion and bought a few weights, which will be delivered shortly. 

So -I'll give you a run down or ELI5

1. Everything is fine with order

2. You notice SW is off and want different weights for adjusting [though ordered correctly]

3. Your sales person- literally THIS PERSON - drops the ball and asks the rep for a replacement.....  order wasn't wrong in the 1st place - just after purchase

4. Rep to sales person- can this guy not find a different weight? You realize PING is backlogged on everything presently RIGHT? This is a simple solution/ fix and see ZERO need for the club to be sent in for a new weight....no telling how long it will take for a simple weight replacement.

5. Ping will not send parts....no questions asked....if you want swingweight adjustments the club has to be sent in for warranty purposes. 

6. Why couldn't the sales just order extra weights?  I mean he has an internal rep number as well.....this is the fishy part

Edited by animalgolfs

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

17 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

So -I'll give you a run down or ELI5

1. Everything is fine with order

2. You notice SW is off and want different weights for adjusting [though ordered correctly]

3. Your sales person- literally THIS PERSON - drops the ball and asks the rep for a replacement.....  order wasn't wrong in the 1st place - just after purchase

4. Rep to sales person- can this guy not find a different weight? You realize PING is backlogged on everything presently RIGHT? This is a simple solution/ fix and see ZERO need for the club to be sent in for a new weight....no telling how long it will take for a simple weight replacement.

5. Ping will not send parts....no questions asked....if you want swingweight adjustments the club has to be sent in for warranty purposes. 

6. Why couldn't the sales just order extra weights?  I mean he has an internal rep number as well.....this is the fishy part

It is right.

The sales person asked the rep to buy a couple of extra weights and the rep told the sales person that they cannot sell weights and this is against their internal policy. Sales person asked the rep to to send the clubs back to be adjusted and the rep said "we don't deal with that kind of stuff".

Anyhow, I sort it out buying the weights on-line as suggested here, but very disappointed by what Ping rep said and the lack of after sales customer service.

Edited by Randagios
  • Like 1

Golfwrx.com sells OEM ping weights for heads. I personally own 3 or 4 different weights and just change them out with shaft changes and always am able to get desired swingweight. With that being said. Does suck to hear Ping not being as responsive anymore. I remember sending full sets back and have them change grounds lofts etc no problem and was very happy. 

I gave up on Ping when they change their color code chart and axed my Purple fitting code.

When I asked them why, they said it was to make it easier for their club technicians.

Seriously, I could bend an iron to 1.5° on a Mitchell easy and I've never done it before.  They're suppose to be skilled professionals and now they're only good enough to make a full degree change???  Or is that just lazy???

Both TM and Cally which use to have stellar CS have been on the slide.  The pandemic has been hard on everyone, but corporate minds work alike; it's a no brainer to cut out CS, save a penny and blame Covid-19.

16 minutes ago, farmer said:

This sounds like a rep/retailer problem, not a Ping problem.  Will any OEM sell little individual parts?  PXG with the little screws?

This is a service Ping has always offered (also lie and loft adjustment for irons, wedges and putters). 

I have recently experienced similar issue with Callaway and they were perfect. 

On 9/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, Randagios said:

Ping refused to sell the weights. I managed it with lead tape, as you suggest, but it is six grams to add and it is lots of tape. Anyhow, it you need to have a lighter swing weight, the problem will still remain. 

Do you know where I could buy the weight? Thanks.

So you’re upset that Ping wouldn’t just sell you the weights?  They’ve never done that. They request that you send them in and have them do the work.  Don’t mislead people as to what really happened.

16 minutes ago, ELL92399 said:

So you’re upset that Ping wouldn’t just sell you the weights?  They’ve never done that. They request that you send them in and have them do the work.  Don’t mislead people as to what really happened.

Ping rep did not allow me to send the clubs back to them and have the swing weight adjusted at my own cost. 

Anyhow in a post above by Negncic it is stated:

"I just had the opposite experience with Ping. I purchased a G425 hybrid from the BST here. When I received the hybrid, the head felt a little heavy to me so I called Ping for the specs. I spoke with the rep and I told him that the head felt heavy to me.  He offered and sent me 2 lighter weights for the hybrid with no charge."

To me, it seems that their service is erratic and not consistent - as it used to be -  and their employees are not properly trained or someone is just lazy,  if you claim "...Ping wouldn't just sell you weights? They've never done that." and here Negncic has just posted he had the exact opposite experience. 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, Randagios said:

Thanks for your advice.

The issue is the lack of care for a client and not offering anymore a proper after sales service. Or worse an employee with no knowledge of their custom service policy. 

It seems more like lack of knowledge from your local rep.  From all my experiences with Ping, they go above and beyond.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  You can buy the weights through golfworks for a few bucks (less than $15 for sure).  Ping will require you to pay return shipping back to them  (you send it yourself after receiving a repair authorization).  They will charge a nominal fee to do the work and for the returned shipping.  All in all, their costs for repair aren't that bad.  The shipping can be a killer, though. 

Edited by Anser3

On 9/12/2021 at 12:16 PM, mootrail said:

I gave up on Ping when they change their color code chart and axed my Purple fitting code.

When I asked them why, they said it was to make it easier for their club technicians.

Seriously, I could bend an iron to 1.5° on a Mitchell easy and I've never done it before.  They're suppose to be skilled professionals and now they're only good enough to make a full degree change???  Or is that just lazy???

Both TM and Cally which use to have stellar CS have been on the slide.  The pandemic has been hard on everyone, but corporate minds work alike; it's a no brainer to cut out CS, save a penny and blame Covid-19.

You can still order your clubs 1.5 degrees flat.

27 minutes ago, Randagios said:

Ping rep did not allow me to send the clubs back to them and have the swing weight adjusted at my own cost. 

Anyhow in a post above by Negncic it is stated:

"I just had the opposite experience with Ping. I purchased a G425 hybrid from the BST here. When I received the hybrid, the head felt a little heavy to me so I called Ping for the specs. I spoke with the rep and I told him that the head felt heavy to me.  He offered and sent me 2 lighter weights for the hybrid with no charge."

To me, it seems that their service is erratic and not consistent - as it used to be -  and their employees are not properly trained or someone is just lazy,  if you claim "...Ping wouldn't just sell you weights? They've never done that." and here Negncic has just posted he had the exact opposite experience. 

They don't sell the weights direct to consumer.  Sometimes, they will just send stuff out  if you ask.  Sometimes they won't.  Ping has sent me decals, lanyards, and poker chip ball markers just because I asked if they have that stuff available.  I did not pay for it.  They just sent it. They made a mistake on my club repair once and sent me two hats (in 2012).  I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

• Like 1

The sales rep does not deal with that stuff because it’s not his job.  Ping has a separate department for that.  But he could have told you that or at least your dealer should have known that.

https://ping.com/en-us/club-repair

• Like 1

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

I would probably refrain from badmouthing Ping , sounds like a case of misinterpretation to me. Ping has on more than one occasion sent me what I needed without charging, with one direct phone call. They don't sale the components , but they'll send them to you if you call them up and ask in a halfway cordial manner. No need for a middle man and if they're wrapped up , they'll hold your place in line and call you back when they're able. Doesn't get much easier than that. Try it next time. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mootrail said:

Ir's been years, so maybe they backtracked.

When the new chart came in, they would only bend the previous gen clubs to purple, but none of the new ones released with the chart.

They no longer have the color code and the length tied together.  They are now separate entities so you can order any lie angle you want.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

On 9/13/2021 at 6:04 PM, golffeen007 said:

I would probably refrain from badmouthing Ping , sounds like a case of misinterpretation to me. Ping has on more than one occasion sent me what I needed without charging, with one direct phone call. They don't sale the components , but they'll send them to you if you call them up and ask in a halfway cordial manner. No need for a middle man and if they're wrapped up , they'll hold your place in line and call you back when they're able. Doesn't get much easier than that. Try it next time. 

Couldn't agree more. I had the little piece that helps the legs extend/retract break on my Hoofer Lite after about 6 months of using it. I called Ping, spoke to someone who was extremely nice, and had a replacement part at my door within a week. The guy even personally emailed me a detailed PDF with instructions on how to replace the piece. The best part was that all of it (including the part and shipping) was completely free of charge..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Abh159 said:

Couldn't agree more. I had the little piece that helps the legs extend/retract break on my Hoofer Lite after about 6 months of using it. I called Ping, spoke to someone who was extremely nice, and had a replacement part at my door within a week. The guy even personally emailed me a detailed PDF with instructions on how to replace the piece. The best part was that all of it (including the part and shipping) was completely free of charge..

They’ve done this exact thing for me recently. A pin fell out and they sent multiple just in case it happened again. They’ve always been top notch in my dealings , but I haven't gone through a middle man.

• Like 2

It's pretty sad that a company gets Bad Mouthed on the Forum and after the whole store is extracted from the OP it tells a different story.....  The Title of your post is out of line and untrue and should be deleted.  I have had two instances where Ping sent me head weights for drivers when the swing weight was off.  

Maybe before getting all spun up and bashing a MFG pick up a phone and call their CS dept. 

Edited by Tzoid
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I've dealt with PING since 1986, roughly 90-100 contacts, and never had this type of CS experience. Like everyone else in the 21st century/Covid era they are having difficulty finding the right kind of personnel to fill their needs. As previously mentioned, call them back and whoever answers the phone just tell them you want to speak to Alexis. She will get it handled properly.

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.