Ping PLD Custom Program

dlow206

I got my pouch as well from Ping. Pretty classy touch for sure. 

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

2 hours ago, dmwilson09 said:

Just curious, when did you order your putter?

I believe I ordered mine in May. 

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

57 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

This is going to be a semi-long winded post, but anyone thinking about the PLD program I highly suggest reading.

I was fitted for a PLD putter via Zoom about a week ago. I went into this process, not wanting an Anser putter mainly because I have a couple already and visually speaking I have started to enjoy putters with a little more thickness to them. My stroke sits just outside of Straight and just into Slight arc and is very consistent so my fitter suggested a configuration with less toe hang than your standard plumbers neck. That's cool. As we discussed options, AnserD and Anser2D were dismissed for the fact they are ~365 grams and my preference which I hold strong to is I prefer my putters to be 345-350 grams. What I was ultimately left with that I visually was OK with was Anser or Anser X. I liked how the Anser X is larger and thicker than the Anser, but having the double bend shaft go straight into the head looked "off" to me. Long story short here, I didn't feel as if spending this type of money on a putter was worth it because it felt as if I was settling to try something I didn't really like visually. 

I sent an email to the Ping PLD assistant who sent me my welcome package and I explained my issue and candidly offered my feedback that having the ability to adjust weight down not just up is likely important to the consumer and I was not going to move forward with purchasing a PLD putter because I felt like I was settling for something that I truly did not want. The gentleman was super nice and told me he would pass along my feedback to a manager. My expectation here was actually nothing. I figured Ping will continue to do things the way Ping sees fit and I would search for another putter (which was looking like it would be Artisan). 

Next day, I get an email from the Director of Ping WRX in the evening that basically says let's chat. I provided him with my phone number and I think 30 minutes later he calls me.  This is where I suggest you continue reading...

I tell him what a fantastic job my fitter did throughout the entire process and I explained to him I was struggling to find a style putter I liked due to my 350 gram weight preference. He point blank says to me, "If you could have a putter made for you based on your fitting, what do you want?" I responded with an "Anser 2D with less toe hang than a std. plumbers neck, Hovland grooves, and raw finish at 350 grams and LEFTY". He proceeds to tell me he will work with his design engineers to find a way. That this program is meant to give consumers Tour level treatment and that they want to deliver on a truly custom putter that meets the needs of each order. The next day he explored a multi material option as well as consulted John Solheim Sr. and had another option to reduce weight without sacrificing MOI, looks, etc. There lead machinist is on vacation until next week so I won't have anything finalized to proceed, but I am blown away with how much Ping cared about my order. I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of what they have going on day to day. This week though, I felt like I was on staff with them. Whether we find a true solution so i can place my order is to be determined, but the fact that someone that high up in the company took the time to hear my feedback, try their best to meet my needs, and communicate with me and not leave me hanging speaks volume to what Ping is offering right now. 

WOW, that is awesome and exactly the customer service experiences I love hearing coming out about this program thus far.

We all have heard of the great things Ping and their WRX division has done for a lot of consumers in the general public for decades and this extension to their PLD Custom program will be a huge game changer for the flat stick enthusiast market. Cannot wait till next month when I fly out to experience this for myself.

2 hours ago, UnderPar18 said:

This is going to be a semi-long winded post, but anyone thinking about the PLD program I highly suggest reading.

I was fitted for a PLD putter via Zoom about a week ago. I went into this process, not wanting an Anser putter mainly because I have a couple already and visually speaking I have started to enjoy putters with a little more thickness to them. My stroke sits just outside of Straight and just into Slight arc and is very consistent so my fitter suggested a configuration with less toe hang than your standard plumbers neck. That's cool. As we discussed options, AnserD and Anser2D were dismissed for the fact they are ~365 grams and my preference which I hold strong to is I prefer my putters to be 345-350 grams. What I was ultimately left with that I visually was OK with was Anser or Anser X. I liked how the Anser X is larger and thicker than the Anser, but having the double bend shaft go straight into the head looked "off" to me. Long story short here, I didn't feel as if spending this type of money on a putter was worth it because it felt as if I was settling to try something I didn't really like visually. 

I sent an email to the Ping PLD assistant who sent me my welcome package and I explained my issue and candidly offered my feedback that having the ability to adjust weight down not just up is likely important to the consumer and I was not going to move forward with purchasing a PLD putter because I felt like I was settling for something that I truly did not want. The gentleman was super nice and told me he would pass along my feedback to a manager. My expectation here was actually nothing. I figured Ping will continue to do things the way Ping sees fit and I would search for another putter (which was looking like it would be Artisan). 

Next day, I get an email from the Director of Ping WRX in the evening that basically says let's chat. I provided him with my phone number and I think 30 minutes later he calls me.  This is where I suggest you continue reading...

I tell him what a fantastic job my fitter did throughout the entire process and I explained to him I was struggling to find a style putter I liked due to my 350 gram weight preference. He point blank says to me, "If you could have a putter made for you based on your fitting, what do you want?" I responded with an "Anser 2D with less toe hang than a std. plumbers neck, Hovland grooves, and raw finish at 350 grams and LEFTY". He proceeds to tell me he will work with his design engineers to find a way. That this program is meant to give consumers Tour level treatment and that they want to deliver on a truly custom putter that meets the needs of each order. The next day he explored a multi material option as well as consulted John Solheim Sr. and had another option to reduce weight without sacrificing MOI, looks, etc. There lead machinist is on vacation until next week so I won't have anything finalized to proceed, but I am blown away with how much Ping cared about my order. I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of what they have going on day to day. This week though, I felt like I was on staff with them. Whether we find a true solution so i can place my order is to be determined, but the fact that someone that high up in the company took the time to hear my feedback, try their best to meet my needs, and communicate with me and not leave me hanging speaks volume to what Ping is offering right now. 

Damnit Ping out here trying to get my money with this story. 

• Haha 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

2 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Damnit Ping out here trying to get my money with this story. 

Do it already!!  

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

4 hours ago, UnderPar18 said:

Excellent thanks for sharing - I cannot wait to see your putter. I'm going to take the plunge and do an in person at some point. The experience is just too good and Ping is too good to not do it. 

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

9 minutes ago, hwwong said:

Do it already!!  

I'm waiting for them to expand to Canada then I could probably do it at Ping HQ here. 

Also need a new mattress and breaks for my truck. A bit more important. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I'm waiting for them to expand to Canada then I could probably do it at Ping HQ here. 

Also need a new mattress and breaks for my truck. A bit more important. 

Ahh yea in person may be worth the wait. 

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

14 minutes ago, hwwong said:

Ahh yea in person may be worth the wait. 

I also may do a winter AZ trip so could plan it for then. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I also may do a winter AZ trip so could plan it for then. 

I'd vote for the winter trip -- golf in AZ during our "winter" here is perfect weather. You'd get to see the HQ, the gold putter vault, the proving grounds, and of course the full tour-level PING experience. DM me for some course recommendations if you end up coming down too. 

• PING G430 Max 10K 9* Tour 2.0 black 65X 
  • PING G430 Max 3w Tensei Raw Orange 75X
  • PING G410 19* Tour chrome 85X
  • NEW LEVEL 480-TC 4-PW X100 TI
  • NEW LEVEL SPN-SS 50*/54* X100 TI
  • NEW LEVEL SPN-VS 60* X100 TI
  • PING PLD Anser (Carbon Patina) PLD Graphite shaft
  • Bridgestone BX

Just now, FireRockAndy said:

I'd vote for the winter trip -- golf in AZ during our "winter" here is perfect weather. You'd get to see the HQ, the gold putter vault, the proving grounds, and of course the full tour-level PING experience. DM me for some course recommendations if you end up coming down too. 

That's exactly what I'm planning to do cause Canadian winters are not fun. 

When time comes I'll DM you, I have a friend that goes down there but I'll take all the recommendations I can. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Ordered on September 21st and just received tracking today.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* - Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5* - Tour AD TSG Silver 65X

Ping G430 Max 21* - Tour AD TSG Silver 75X

Ping G425 Max 23.5* - Attas T2 8X

Taylormade 790Ti 6 - Dart V 105X

Srixon ZX7 6-9 - X100

Titleist SM9 46F & 50F - X100

Titleist SM9 55S & 60T - X7 "Spinners"

L.A.B. Link.1 - TPT - XL Tour 2.0 

Srixon Z-Star 💎

On 10/24/2022 at 8:28 PM, YoungJedi said:

My baby is back with a few upgrades. 

LAGP and an ostrich leg grip. Didn’t think I could make it better but HOLY COW. The elder wand!

643F6464-EE43-4892-8951-35A462646F70.jpeg

3F3D7673-24B6-425B-A852-2C960D3172F4.jpeg

3BB7DF83-E2D6-4905-A863-D22681980A9E.jpeg

ED58E801-CD79-4157-9E2F-293FAB4DD034.jpeg

E7031259-EEA2-4B53-93B5-B70DF0A10C4C.jpeg

B11142BD-67BA-4197-B715-A02F474ADE39.jpeg

Absolutely not a mallet guy but that’s the prettiest putter in this thread.  Love it 

• Like 3

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Stunning @mojomover that finish is perfect and I agree, one of the best "mallets" I've seen.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson