2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Best rangefinder out right now?

On 7/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, Minarets said:

Ok, just used the NX10 for the first time.  First, there is absolutely no reason to buy the NX9 saving yourself $10 over the NX10.

let me say the NX10 is the best range finder I have used now.  

i was skeptical the NX10 would be anymore than the same functionality as NX9 with better build and a skin.  Again, feels way better.  It’s not metal like The Bushnell XE ( that still feels the best built) but this one has some heft and feel like a solid piece of composite.  

second, While never having a problem with a magnet on the NX9, the NX10 is better.  It’s has great grip but not too much like I feel the Bushnell Bite-tech has.  That thing grips so much sometimes I start to pull away without having a good grip on it and it falls from the cart.  The NX10 has just the right amount.  Again though I will say I’ve never dropped the NX9.  The NX9 actually fits in my hand better but I don’t care.  

the NX10 has WAY better optics and is the fastest RF I have used to lock on target so far.  That is what surprised me the most. It was absolutely lightning fast. Way faster than the NX9 and I feel faster than my old V5 shift.  Maybe it’s because I had no expectations for that before owning this one but it is absolutely as fast as anything on the market I feel.  I’ll be honest the skins thing is not a huge selling point for me as it’s cool but I don’t see myself owning several of them.

But I am over the moon about this rangefinder. The lack of clutter through viewfinder, speed of target lock and slope and yardage presented, quality feel and perfect grip with magnet almost doesn’t have me missing the red display.  That would make it perfect for me.  But all that for $279.  I would go as far as saying best range finder not named  coolshot pro stabilized and XE. 

I ordered my NX10 before they even had them listed on the warranty page. I completely agree with everything you said. I used the trade in on my NX7 Pro plus the discount that was available when I ordered. I think for the money it is the best rangefinder available plus their customer service is second to none.

Finally heard back from PP. Took 4 days?! Seems I can't get an NX10 unless i I pay through the nose on Amazon. They said a new vendor is coming next month!? Who knows what that means?! 

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

28 minutes ago, Golf64 said:

Finally heard back from PP. Took 4 days?! Seems I can't get an NX10 unless i I pay through the nose on Amazon. They said a new vendor is coming next month!? Who knows what that means?! 

At the price Amazon is asking I'd just go for a Bushnell or Nikon honestly, I have an older NX7 and it's nice but not when price is top tier. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

My NX10 arrived today. The optics are fantastic, laser lock on target in a fraction of a second, style is nice. The only thing I don’t like, and it might be a deal breaker is the unit is slippery. 

The plastic is hard and slick. The only rubber section is on the magnet, which is on the left side so as a right handed player you barely touch it. I can definitely see dropping the thing. Besides that it’s near perfect. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, JJFWebster said:

I settled on the Nikon Coolshot Pro II. Stabilization is fantastic. It's extremely rare that I miss the flag, even from 250+ 

The Coolshot Pro II was my choice too. The stabilization really helps. Great unit IMO. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 10
Titleist 917F 16.5 
Titleist 917F 21 
Titleist 718 AP3 4-48 
Titleist Vokey SM7 52 
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 
Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

On 7/30/2022 at 3:55 PM, blkjazz said:

The Coolshot Pro II was my choice too. The stabilization really helps. Great unit IMO. 

I've been using Coolshot Pro II I've got from https://gritroutdoors.com/ for bow hunting, but recenly figured out might use it for golf too! Such a great rangefinder overall

Edited by MarkoBrook
  • Like 1

I picked up the Coolshot Pro II, and my range finder search is complete. 

The optics are the best I've seen. The display is crisp, almost HD-like, and the performance is snappy. I completely underrated the benefit of stabilization. I don't have shakey hands but generally use two hands with my Bushnell Pro XE. With the Bushnell, I'd often pick up stuff in the background due to minor movements. The data is industry-leading precise, but it may take me a few times to lock onto the target. The Coolshot doesn't move and once in the crosshairs doesn't move. 

The Coolshot is an impressive piece tech. I'm a fan. 

• Like 2

My take on lasers is with today's technology all units will give a similar reading within a yard or two.  The difference being the speed of the electronics used to give quicker response and speed to lock on. Like a top line computer vs the cheapest model. Both will compute a spreadsheet accurately - just one does it a bit quicker.  Also clarity of lens (which includes being waterproof and fogproof). Wide price spread between cheap plastic lenses and top quality coated glass. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:23 PM, Cactus Jack said:

My NX10 arrived today. The optics are fantastic, laser lock on target in a fraction of a second, style is nice. The only thing I don’t like, and it might be a deal breaker is the unit is slippery. 

The plastic is hard and slick. The only rubber section is on the magnet, which is on the left side so as a right handed player you barely touch it. I can definitely see dropping the thing. Besides that it’s near perfect. 

I’m sure there’s a rubber case available for it. Trying getting one of them. 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:27 PM, Howie said:

In a similar situation. My Leupold and Bushnell rangefinders both stink as they consistently fail to lock onto flags/flagsticks. Heck, my CaddyTek rangefinder from Costco is better than those from the “premium brands”.

Surely there is a rangefinder currently on the market that can reliably lock onto desired targets? 

I feel the pain.  I had a Precision Pro NX9 Spope and it wouldn't read targets a good 25-30% of the time. Only way to fix it was to take the battery out and put it back in to sort of reset it.   It was within 30 days so I returned for a refund. 

Then bought a Nikon 50i.  It wasn't as bad, but now less than a year later, I would say 7+ times a rd I shoot the pin and it wont give me a reading so I have to either let it shut off and turn it back on or wipe the lenses which also seems to get it working again.  

Now thinking about either the Stablization one or a Bushnell Tour V5 shift.  I had a v5 shift and a v2 slope prior to that and never had an issue with either.  Issue was me leaving them on the course or in the cart after a rd and nobody turned in either.  Sad part the V5 I had only used two rds...gift from my wife for Christmas too.  

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

On 7/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, Minarets said:

I still think XE and coolshot pro stabilized are the two best RF on the market.  That said, as a former bushnell guy, I no longer want to deal with their customer service.  I have no experience with Nikon CS but for me personally it’s not worth almost double for the stabilized feature.  I mean, I love it.  But for double I need it to do EVERYTHING, I want.  I need a magnet too. I mean you could buy the case magnet I guess.  

for $239 the NX10 is a steal.  It’s, imo, the best budget RF and I almost hesitate to call it that because it’s way better than Bluetees   And PP NX9 and other “budget” RF.  

maybe they end up with quality issues. Maybe mine is me up letting me down but for now I love my NX10. (Wish I bought it for $239!)

to me the NX10 is equal to the V5 shift, but cheaper.  It’s worth more than it costs.  It’s probably as far as features and quality worth $350 (to me). 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:05 PM, Minarets said:

On of the things I like about the NX10 that so many companies get wrong and I didn’t even realize the first two rounds as i was so used to it on all other magnet rangefinders.

THEY PUT THE MAGET ON THE CORRECT SIDE!! 

all others I have used have the magnet on the right side of the unit.  So you’re always having to spin it around.  I got used to that and kept trying to do that with NX10 and then it finally hit me.  Hot damn, for us righties it goes straight from the hand to the cart perfectly.  

also, can confirm about cleaning the NX10.  I was terrified about it being white and thought it would yellow or get nasty quick. It’s made of a composite (i think) and wipes off easily.   

Does the NX10 have a pan feature?  I had the NX9/Slope and it didn't really have a scan and pan feature.  

Ping 2023 Anser D

9 hours ago, erock9174 said:

Does the NX10 have a pan feature?  I had the NX9/Slope and it didn't really have a scan and pan feature.  

I’m not sure what that is.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

13 hours ago, Minarets said:

I’m not sure what that is.  

It’s Where you hold the button, pan around and it automatically adjusts the yardage for anything in view. So you can easily tell if you are hitting the flag or the trees behind etc. 

Like I know the Nikon’s will pan for about 7-8 seconds if you keep holding down the button and move the view around. 

Ping 2023 Anser D

On 8/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, erock9174 said:

I feel the pain.  I had a Precision Pro NX9 Spope and it wouldn't read targets a good 25-30% of the time. Only way to fix it was to take the battery out and put it back in to sort of reset it.   It was within 30 days so I returned for a refund. 

Then bought a Nikon 50i.  It wasn't as bad, but now less than a year later, I would say 7+ times a rd I shoot the pin and it wont give me a reading so I have to either let it shut off and turn it back on or wipe the lenses which also seems to get it working again.  

Now thinking about either the Stablization one or a Bushnell Tour V5 shift.  I had a v5 shift and a v2 slope prior to that and never had an issue with either.  Issue was me leaving them on the course or in the cart after a rd and nobody turned in either.  Sad part the V5 I had only used two rds...gift from my wife for Christmas too.  

I bought the Q-6 rangefinder from Cobalt. Thus far it's been fantastic.

• Like 3

I've got the Caddytek V2 from Costco that I bought on sale for $99 for my range bag. Works just fine.

For the course bag, I have the NX-9, which has been flawless. Owned it since 10/20.

Buddy of mine just bought the Z82, damn him. Made me look into an integrated laser/GPS unit.

Ended up buying the R1 from Precisionpro(from Amazon), should be here Friday.

Yankees Suck

I picked up a Precision Pro NX7 during Amazon Prime Days for about $150 bucks. My initial impression was it is very fast to find the flag with a vibration and 

it displayed the yardage at the top of the view finder and then the slope yardage at the bottom right .  After a few rounds I found this to be annoying because the display would

disappear pretty fast and I had to keep hitting the target again and again. The Black display wasn't helpful for me because I used a Leupold for about 6 years with a Red display that

was extremely legible and helps my old eyes. I ended up returning the Precision Pro and now I'm using a Bushnell Tour V5 that works fantastic.   

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I've got the Precision Pro NX9 and it's worked fine for me most of the summer.  Sometimes it misses the flag but I just click again and it picks it up.  I had to give up on my Bushnell V5 due to battery door issues - one fell off and the warranty replacement they sent doesn't maintain a consistent power connection.  I'm hopeful that the new model they've just announced updates the battery door design, because the screw in cap they use right now is terrible.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

On 7/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, Golf64 said:

The Nx10s are everywhere. Galaxy Has them in stores.  I just ordered one the other day from rockbottomgolf. With their coupon it was $229. Supposed to be out for delivery today. 

Ping 2023 Anser D

I use Garmin's Approach Z82 since it was introduced.  GPS and laser in-one, plus on/off slope function and attractive hole graphic in the finder.  Works great, but it wasn't inexpensive.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

1 hour ago, erock9174 said:

The Nx10s are everywhere. Galaxy Has them in stores.  I just ordered one the other day from rockbottomgolf. With their coupon it was $229. Supposed to be out for delivery today. 

Not every where. Can't get them in Canada. Last time I saw them on Amazon they were $500?!

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

11 minutes ago, Golf64 said:

Not every where. Can't get them in Canada. Last time I saw them on Amazon they were $500?!

Not sure what the conversion rate is but it’s showing the normal msrp on Amazon for me of $279 USD shipped. 

Ping 2023 Anser D