2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

6 hours ago, Celeras said:

That is certainly the marketing point, but if he is consistently off the toe it might not work out that way. My average is 9mm toe, almost never off the heel. I'd have a hard time seeing TSR2 beating TSR3 with the weight in the T2 position.

This was why I went TSR3 over TSR2.  I have a consistent heel-side impact position.  When I put the weight at H1, the ballspeed was similar (if not better) than TSR2, and the spin was lower.  And I preferred the sound/feel of TSR3.   

TSR2 is a beast, don't get me wrong. I'd have no issues gaming it.  But if your impact position is pretty consistent in one particular spot, moving the weight to that spot can (slightly) adjust the sweet spot accordingly.  I think it brings TSR3 into the discussion for more mid-hcp golfers...

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

37 minutes ago, hagimihale said:

This was why I went TSR3 over TSR2.  I have a consistent heel-side impact position.  When I put the weight at H1, the ballspeed was similar (if not better) than TSR2, and the spin was lower.  And I preferred the sound/feel of TSR3.   

TSR2 is a beast, don't get me wrong. I'd have no issues gaming it.  But if your impact position is pretty consistent in one particular spot, moving the weight to that spot can (slightly) adjust the sweet spot accordingly.  I think it brings TSR3 into the discussion for more mid-hcp golfers...

Same here. I was told by the Titleist fitter that the 3 was improved for toe/heel diagonally across the face. I can tell you that my  strike pattern lives slightly off center on the mid/high toe. We moved the weight 1 click over and its perfect. I do not lose this driver left unless its a hard pull. The 2 gave me a bit too much draw bias and that has to be factored into a fit. Thats the beauty of a Titleist fitter. I'm sure you can get a good one at many locations but the Titleist guys know their product so well. We settled on the 3 because of my misses and the 3s ability to correct those and keep me in the fairway more often. If you're just all over the face and do not have a miss pattern then I can see the 2 being the winner. Same if you miss right a lot as I think the 3 may be a bit less prone to the left side.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tannerdc said:

Sorry if my ? was answered previously...

If I want to cut down 1/2", do I need to add the typical +6g (15g weight) to the head or follow Titleist SureFit recommendation of simply adding +2g (11g weight)?  

I don't have a SW scale.

No one can tell you 100% the correct amount to add. It will vary by shaft balance point, exactly shaft cut down to the 1/8", grip weight and butt cap length, etc. That is the general rule but do 'rough' SW calculation method if you dont have a scale as its usually accurate. See here: http://www.leaderboard.com/SWINGWT.HTM

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

22 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Same here. I was told by the Titleist fitter that the 3 was improved for toe/heel diagonally across the face. I can tell you that my  strike pattern lives slightly off center on the mid/high toe. We moved the weight 1 click over and its perfect. I do not lose this driver left unless its a hard pull. The 2 gave me a bit too much draw bias and that has to be factored into a fit. Thats the beauty of a Titleist fitter. I'm sure you can get a good one at many locations but the Titleist guys know their product so well. We settled on the 3 because of my misses and the 3s ability to correct those and keep me in the fairway more often. If you're just all over the face and do not have a miss pattern then I can see the 2 being the winner. Same if you miss right a lot as I think the 3 may be a bit less prone to the left side.

I might not hit it straight all the time but I do smack the center maybe slight toe. I kept the weight right alone in the middle and it performed better than the TSR2. Same for the 16.5 wood it really depends on how you swing 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, getitdaily said:

@radiman

Tsr2+ vs rogue st ls (15).

Tsr2+ has a ventus black 7x tipped 1

Rogue has ventus black 7S tipped 2

Averages

Tsr2+ 150.3 mph, 10.2 launch, 2811 spin

Rogue st ls 148.5 mph, 10.6 launch, 3053 spin

Tsr2+ had fastest ballspeed at 153.0. 

I'm going to swap the shafts and test again. I bet I can get launch even higher without compromising spin. 

Tsr2+ won the dispersion battle. 4 shots more than 20 yards left and 4 shots more than 20 yards right. Rogue had 3 shots more than 20 yards left and 7 shots more than 20 yards right. 

I have the rogue st ls ventus red 9x I may be looking for a tsr 15* head to test against it.

3 hours ago, littletimbo182 said:

Just picked up a mint tsr3 9 degree with a graphite design ad iz 6x on 2nd swing for $475!

Hell of a deal

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Taylormade SIM2 Fairway 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Taylormade P790 UDI w/ AD 95X 

Taylormade P790 (4-PW) w/ KBS C Taper 120

Titleist SM8 50*

Vokey SM9 54* and 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Taylormade TP5X

2 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

2 hours ago, hagimihale said:

I might just go for TSr3 then. I find that I'm generally consistent where I'm hitting the ball and in my fitting with the TSr3, I had pretty good results with a nice cut (miss was further right). The hard part for me is that he never had me test the TSr2, which I don't get. Maybe my fitter just wasn't great. The focus was lowering my launch window, but why not have me try the 2 vs the 3 to see if ball speed + forgiveness is better with similar launch? Either way, gaming the 3 may just make me focus more on hitting near the center *ha*..and I do like the compact shape better. Thanks for the replies though, good insight.

2 minutes ago, kudo808 said:

Sure you can. You'll want to use the high density stuff tho. You won't get much in there...maybe try tungsten putty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

For what you'll get in there, not sure why you wouldn't just slap lead tape on the sole...

And mess with the aesthetics of one of the best looking driver lineups ever?  No thanks haha. I knew I would need some extra weight so I got my hotmelted.  It feels soooooo good.  

• Haha 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

6 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Lol. There's not a club in my bag that doesn't have lead tape slapped on it.

Ha, normally I wouldn't mind it.  But, had the option to have it added internally when I bought it so went that route. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

3 hours ago, pepperonipies said:

Anyone order their driver shorter than 45" with or without "standard" selected for weight options? It says to select "standard" so they can do it for you, but curious if you choose a weight option like +6 at 44.5 or 44.75 if they add hotmelt or make it even heavier for swing weight purposes.

I ordered a TSr2 at 44.75". They put a +2 weight in it.

Edited by muniman

26 minutes ago, muniman said:

I ordered a TSr2 at 44.75". They put a +2 weight in it.

Interesting. That's .75" shorter than stock which would be around 4.5 SW lower, so would expect them to at least add +6g weight in it. I know feel is subjective, but in terms of SW that seems low unless I'm mistaken.

1 hour ago, pepperonipies said:

Interesting. That's .75" shorter than stock which would be around 4.5 SW lower, so would expect them to at least add +6g weight in it. I know feel is subjective, but in terms of SW that seems low unless I'm mistaken.

The head weights vary. If they pulled a heavier head, less adjustment is needed. 

if you watch Tour builds they have the exact specs written on the heads. Weight and loft and lie are never exactly as advertised and they can cherry pick the right head for a build. 

TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue 7x

TSR3 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 8x

PXG Gen 4 21* Tour AD GP 9x 

ZX MKII Utility 20* Ventus Blue HB 10x 

ZX7 MKII 5-W Project X 6.5

SM9 50/54/58 TI S400

SC Phantom X 5.5 

12 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

The 2 gave me a bit too much draw bias and that has to be factored into a fit.

This was the other reason I went with the TSR3.  I need to be able to fade the ball off the tee on the courses around here. I can turn it over, but the default shot shape is a cut given my heel-side impact position.  TSR2 was still turning over when I hit it. 

Edited by hagimihale

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

I had a TSR3 for a few rounds and decided to switch to the TSR2.  The difference in forgiveness for me was very noticeable.  2 is so much fun and it looks and sounds incredible.

Edited by DNice26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

3 hours ago, DNice26 said:

I had a TSR3 for a few rounds and decided to switch to the TSR2.  The difference in forgiveness for me was very noticeable.  2 is so much fun and it looks and sounds incredible.

FUN is a great word choice....... also confidence inspiring........ tough to picture a place where TSR2 doesn't fit!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

FUN is a great word choice....... also confidence inspiring........ tough to picture a place where TSR2 doesn't fit!!

Yeah, I chose that word carefully.   The TSR3 is fantastic.....but if you stray it just isn't as supportive at the TSR2.  

I demoed them both head to head out doors with the same shaft and while they were both neck and neck on buttoned shots, as I got more fatigued and strayed off center, the TSR2 really started to shine and show its value.    So I switched to the 2 and won't turn back.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

On 12/14/2022 at 3:26 PM, pepperonipies said:

Anyone order their driver shorter than 45" with or without "standard" selected for weight options? It says to select "standard" so they can do it for you, but curious if you choose a weight option like +6 at 44.5 or 44.75 if they add hotmelt or make it even heavier for swing weight purposes.

I ordered 44.5" and selected +6. The build sheet with the package said the swing weight was measured at D4.5.

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

The more I read here the more I’m inclined to just get a TSR2 head, hot melt it, and have a battle between the two heads. First impression of the TSR3 was really nice compared to my Stealth Plus but next season I’m not going to be playing much. A friendly driver head sounds appealing. 

I’d love to see the comparison between a TSR3/TR Red versus a TSR2/TR Black combo.

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

3 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

The more I read here the more I’m inclined to just get a TSR2 head, hot melt it, and have a battle between the two heads. First impression of the TSR3 was really nice compared to my Stealth Plus but next season I’m not going to be playing much. A friendly driver head sounds appealing. 

I’d love to see the comparison between a TSR3/TR Red versus a TSR2/TR Black combo.

Yeah I'd be curious to see how much ball speed is gained from the TSr3 vs TSr2 if hitting around the sweet spot. If minimal or not enough to give you a significant advantage, prob best to use a 2 for us mortals that will hit outside of the center at times.

• Like 1