2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

37 minutes ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

How's everybody feeling about their TSRs after looking at the new stuff?

I expect pretty darn good. It's the cleanest viz for sure. TSR2 is both hot and forgiving.  expect TSR3 is super low cap only, and even then, just about nobody could justify 3 over 2 for 18 holes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smalldivot said:

2F1D0407-6F78-4386-B092-DABAEE6D440D.jpeg 
TSR2 with stock weight 9g I think - if that’s any help

Huh?  I’ve weighed several of these heads and they are all 194.5-195 with the stock weight. 

• Like 1

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

28 minutes ago, Strategery said:

I expect pretty darn good. It's the cleanest viz for sure. TSR2 is both hot and forgiving.  expect TSR3 is super low cap only, and even then, just about nobody could justify 3 over 2 for 18 holes.

Had the 2 on monitor today and even my slow a** Michigan winter swing was producing fast ball speeds. Forgiving too. I'd take it against anything on the market for sure. 

• Like 4

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

33 minutes ago, Strategery said:

I hit the 3 better in testing so ended up going with that one. Hopefully won't regret it once it warms up and I'm able to get out on the course! The 2 seems to be rockin' it for a lot of people though!

1 hour ago, badandbogey said:

Got to hit all the new heads, TSR was the winner. And the fact it looks the best is an added bonus. 

Looks alone I’m loving the TSR2 but I’ve always been a sucker for TM drivers so I’ll prob get one (but unless if it’s similar to the stealth 1 I’ll stick with the TSR2). 

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

3 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

How's everybody feeling about their TSRs after looking at the new stuff? Was interested to see what was coming out with all the hype, but nothing's blown me away. Haven't hit any, and don't think I'll need to. Anyone else feeling the same?

I'm an admitted shaft 'ho.   But once I'm dialed in on a head, I'm good for a while.  TSR3 has been fantastic. I was in places this past Sunday I've rarely seen before.  Have a lot of confidence on the tee at the moment.  No way I'm messing with what's working...

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

16 hours ago, cuts33 said:

I mean for any driver head from any brand they certainly have a target weight in mind but they are all going to be different. Look at any head off a tour truck and they have the exact weighting labeled so they can cherry pick a particular head for a particular build. 

Totally get that but I'd expect to find the base retail head without any removable weights added would be to a decent tolerance and then the removable weights used to hit target swingweight with stock shafts. So for instance as someone currently experimenting with Autoflex, I'm particularly interested in the heads that have the lightest base weight and the most adjustable weights added to get to the standard 197-205g rough range most driver heads come in at as that gives the greatest scope to build something a little long, still keep it light and without sounding like the old Nike SQ on impact, which seems to happen with a number of drivers if you go from having say a 10g backweight to a 3 like I tried on an Epic Flash SZ 🙃

17 hours ago, Camsmithsmullet said:

This is not a UW it’s just a hybrid. New hybrids are right around the corner. TSR1 TSR2 TSR3. There just a bit bigger then you might be use to. 

Thanks, it does look large, especially for the 3 series. Hoping this is more in line with the Cobra Baffler. 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

On 1/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, Camsmithsmullet said:

This is not a UW it’s just a hybrid. New hybrids are right around the corner. TSR1 TSR2 TSR3. There just a bit bigger then you might be use to. 

Please tell us more about the hybrids.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

1 hour ago, sparky1_2007 said:

So I got a TSR3 around the end of 2023 - how is it stacking up against the new 2023 drivers? I've been trying to find some reviews to see how it stacks up to things like the Stealth 2, Paradym, Aerojet and Stealth 2, but haven't found anything.

Think head to head will start happening in a week or two as this past week was mostly initial impressions. But having looked at the numbers between people's numbers between the new ones and the TSR they're pretty comparable. For most people it'll likely be a matter of personal preference. If you're liking the TSR you'll be just fine.

3 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Take it how you want but I find it interesting Ian at TXG, who has hit everything, is sticking with his TSR3 he said 

I have a TRs3 and I find it more forgiving that any of the OG Stealth offerings. The new 2 may catch up some but mine is not going anywhere. To me the more interesting comparison will be the TSr2 vs the 430 LST. Haven't liked anything from Callaway since, well ever, so that's not even a consideration here. I just think Titleist is going to be hard to beat for any decent fitted player.

11 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Think head to head will start happening in a week or two as this past week was mostly initial impressions. But having looked at the numbers between people's numbers between the new ones and the TSR they're pretty comparable. For most people it'll likely be a matter of personal preference. If you're liking the TSR you'll be just fine.

Got fitted for a Stealth 2 Plus.  Seems to be the only threat to my TSR2.  Ironically, the same shaft is the best fit for both.  Paradym is overrated and the color looks ugly as hell outdoors.  G430 is decent, much better than the G425.  I believe the LST version is the only one with carbon in it.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

Going to get fairway wood fitting  this afternoon. I was fitted into my TSR2 driver w/ GD UB shaft last month. Been loving it! Still finds the fairway even on miss hits. Rooting TSR fairway woods to beat everything else out there. Unfortunately, our local fitters don’t have any FW GD shafts in the Titleist fitting carts. 

Question for everyone; has anyone had any experience with GD shafts in FW woods? I’m intrigued with the IZ or UB (trying to get similar feels with my driver and of course good results). 

Edited by HarborMike

2 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Going to get fairway wood fitting  this afternoon. I was fitted into my TSR2 driver w/ GD UB shaft last month. Been loving it! Still finds the fairway even on miss hits. Rooting TSR fairway woods to beat everything else out there. Unfortunately, our local fitters don’t have any FW GD shafts in the Titleist fitting carts. 

Question for everyone; has anyone had any experience with GD shafts in FW woods? I’m intrigued with the IZ or UB (trying to get similar feels with my driver and of course good results). 

I have an AD DI in my TSR2 5 wood and love it. Didn’t get along with the UB. Fit into AD DI and AD TP in my TSI3 driver. 

2 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Waiting on my TSR2+ 3w with a DI shaft and will report back.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:58 AM, awtryau89 said:

I have a TRs3 and I find it more forgiving that any of the OG Stealth offerings. The new 2 may catch up some but mine is not going anywhere. To me the more interesting comparison will be the TSr2 vs the 430 LST. Haven't liked anything from Callaway since, well ever, so that's not even a consideration here. I just think Titleist is going to be hard to beat for any decent fitted player.

I demoed both TSR2 and the G430 LST on a couple of occasions.  Best strikes were no doubt longer with the Titleist with the 1K shaft.  Great feel and ball flight.  Super driver. 

The G430 LST with Kai'li however was more forgiving and more importantly, much straighter.  This has also translated to the course.  My miss is normally high toe, and I have been amazed at the resulting shots after a less than stellar swing.

So this season my #1 priority is a straight tee ball, and minimizing my misses.  The G430 has delivered that.  Agree with @Strategeryabove.  Ian & Matt at TXG are all about ball speed and length, which is understandable as chicks dig the long ball.  TSR2 is definitely long, but not as straight, for me.

• Like 1

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

On 1/15/2023 at 5:30 AM, BostonWRX said:

Take it how you want but I find it interesting Ian at TXG, who has hit everything, is sticking with his TSR3 he said 

He won’t. He likes the TM stuff to

Much 

• Like 1

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

5 hours ago, beluga99 said:

I demoed both TSR2 and the G430 LST on a couple of occasions.  Best strikes were no doubt longer with the Titleist with the 1K shaft.  Great feel and ball flight.  Super driver. 

The G430 LST with Kai'li however was more forgiving and more importantly, much straighter.  This has also translated to the course.  My miss is normally high toe, and I have been amazed at the resulting shots after a less than stellar swing.

So this season my #1 priority is a straight tee ball, and minimizing my misses.  The G430 has delivered that.  Agree with @Strategeryabove.  Ian & Matt at TXG are all about ball speed and length, which is understandable as chicks dig the long ball.  TSR2 is definitely long, but not as straight, for me.

I had a different experience with TSR2 vs. Paradym (but definitely want to try the G430 to compare). Played each driver today on the course head to head and the TSR2 won hands down. TSR2 was really straight and forgiving for me and I was finding the middle of the sweet spot more often than the Paradym. Didn’t have too many miss hits, but when I did, wasn’t punished. Would just be a slight push or pull but still in play. Everything else was pretty much in the middle of the fairway. Full disclosure though; really wasn’t a fair fight. I was using a GD Tour AD XC shaft in my TSR2 at 8 degrees vs. the demo Paradym in Tensei AV blue stock shaft at 9 degrees, so hard to knock the Paradym on performance. The XC shaft and TSR2 combo was just so stable for me. The Paradym was a bit erratic at times but still performed well. Both drivers have a pretty soft explosive feel in different ways. If I had to differentiate, Paradym was a bit muted and TSR a bit of a crunch maybe louder, but expected since TSR is titanium vs. carbon in Paradym. Thinking with a different shaft I can see it neck and neck with TSR2. 

Would be curious to put up TSR2 vs. Paradym and G430 in similar specs, but overall super happy with TSR2. Also kinda happy Paradym didn’t work out for me. My guess, Paradym drivers will be flooding the course into a lot of peoples bags. Didn’t want to be just like everyone else 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarborMike said:

I had a different experience with TSR2 vs. Paradym (but definitely want to try the G430 to compare). Played each driver today on the course head to head and the TSR2 won hands down. TSR2 was really straight and forgiving for me and I was finding the middle of the sweet spot more often than the Paradym. Didn’t have too many miss hits, but when I did, wasn’t punished. Would just be a slight push or pull but still in play. Everything else was pretty much in the middle of the fairway. Full disclosure though; really wasn’t a fair fight. I was using a GD Tour AD XC shaft in my TSR2 at 8 degrees vs. the demo Paradym in Tensei AV blue stock shaft at 9 degrees, so hard to knock the Paradym on performance. The XC shaft and TSR2 combo was just so stable for me. The Paradym was a bit erratic at times but still performed well. Both drivers have a pretty soft explosive feel in different ways. If I had to differentiate, Paradym was a bit muted and TSR a bit of a crunch maybe louder, but expected since TSR is titanium vs. carbon in Paradym. Thinking with a different shaft I can see it neck and neck with TSR2. 

Would be curious to put up TSR2 vs. Paradym and G430 in similar specs, but overall super happy with TSR2. Also kinda happy Paradym didn’t work out for me. My guess, Paradym drivers will be flooding the course into a lot of peoples bags. Didn’t want to be just like everyone else 😉

Great feedback! It helps that the TSR is infinitely better looking too!

• Like 1

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

4 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Great feedback! It helps that the TSR is infinitely better looking too!

Yeah, didn’t want to get into looks too much since looks is very subjective. But here’s my really subjective opinion in terms of looks:

Initially when looking at pics online and reading a lot of opinions in the Callaway thread, was expecting to get blown away when seeing the driver, woods, and fairway woods in person. When I saw in person, thought it was good looking but not blown away as others had hyped. Definitely a completely different look than TSR or most of anything out there. As I had it in my bag and as the round went further along with the Paradym, the beauty started to fade a bit more for me. There’s definitely a lot going on at address with the grey frame, blue glossy head, and carbon weave (not to mention with a contrast in shaft color if you don’t use a shaft that flows seamlessly). By no means I’m saying it’s an ugly driver (it’s not), but TSR just looks so much more sleeker, seamless with the XC shaft, and dare I say a meaner look. Paradym can have its distracting moments especially in the bright sun. Ball just also contrasts and frames nicely with the TSR (rotated between my gamer ProV1x and a yellow Chromesoft, both looked really nice framed against the all black head). I also like the fact they’re not so much writing all over the bottom when it sits in the bag compared to the Paradym. Imagining if I paired these with all the same fairway woods and hybrids what it would look like. Paradym when just look way too busy with all the multi color schemes and letters/words (Paradym Forged Carbon) everywhere. Titleist really nailed it out of the park in this area with the TSR logo tucked under a bit in the head by the hosel with red ‘2’ or model number. In the end, asked myself if a fitter told me I had to part with TSR and use Paradym or vice versa. I would’ve been sad if I parted with TSR in the looks department and kicking myself all season especially when I get randomly paired up with someone using TSRs.

Attached what each driver looks like (when dirty…realistic look) when sitting in the bag. Also was demoing the TSR2   3-wood which is sitting in the bag. Unfortunately didn’t have my T100s gamers with me yesterday to give the Titleist on Titleist looks. 

B1F965F3-8FE6-4F6F-84D1-D3C03E902D33.jpeg

Edited by HarborMike
  • Like 3