2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

Anyone try building a TSR3 longer (45.75” for me)? If so, are you able to remove the backweight entirely to get the SW down? I’m coming out at D8 with the shaft I play (VA Drago 65x) and curious if anyone has experience trying that and how it impacted performance for you? 

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy

Interesting thing happened today.

My TSR3 is at 45" because I cut half an inch from the shaft butt and added the +2g weight in the head (as Titleist suggest). 

Swing weight coming in at D3 or D3.5 if I remember.

I'm hitting it extremely well since few weeks, 80% fairways found on average, and I'm swinging out of my shoes (103/104 swing speed - 270/275 yards), straight as an arrow, with lots of beautiful "balistic missile" trajectories (start low, then goes up in the sky thanks to the backspin, and then dies on the fairway).

Best drives of my life right now.

But yesterday I put the +4g weight in the head (Swing weight should come at D4/D4.5 but didn't measure this time) and today : I drove the longest balls of my life (285 yards on the PRGR) with lots of 106/107 swing speed (didn't even knew I could swing that fast). 

BUT ... I hit them COMPLETELY ALL OVER THE PLACE. It was embarrassing. I almost got kicked out of the range, because of how long and all over the place they were. 

The head was just completely uncontrolable. Too heavy. I was hooking the S out of it. Lots of chunks too (like if the head was so heavy my arms couldnt synchronize well). 

Also I couldn't get my "balistic missile" trajectories. Even though I was going longer, the trajectories were round, because it was always some kind of draw. Couldn't put a good "straight" backspin on it.

I believe my angle of attack changed also, because it was high draws/hooks.

I couldn't swing fast and smooth, it was fast and hard. The weight made me swing that way I believe.

So It's really weird how much power I gained, but how much control I lost. It's unplayable now. Going back to the +2G. 

Crazy how 2g can make a difference. 

Edited by AverageFrenchGolfer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AverageFrenchGolfer said:

Interesting thing happened today.

My TSR3 is at 45" because I cut half an inch from the shaft butt and added the +2g weight in the head (as Titleist suggest). 

Swing weight coming in at D3 or D3.5 if I remember.

I'm hitting it extremely well since few weeks, 80% fairways found on average, and I'm swinging out of my shoes (103/104 swing speed - 270/275 yards), straight as an arrow, with lots of beautiful "balistic missile" trajectories (start low, then goes up in the sky thanks to the backspin, and then dies on the fairway).

Best drives of my life right now.

But yesterday I put the +4g weight in the head (Swing weight should come at D4/D4.5 but didn't measure this time) and today : I drove the longest balls of my life (285 yards on the PRGR) with lots of 106/107 swing speed (didn't even knew I could swing that fast). 

BUT ... I hit them COMPLETELY ALL OVER THE PLACE. It was embarrassing. I almost got kicked out of the range, because of how long and all over the place they were. 

The head was just completely uncontrolable. Too heavy. I was hooking the S out of it. Lots of chunks too (like if the head was so heavy my arms couldnt synchronize well). 

Also I couldn't get my "balistic missile" trajectories. Even though I was going longer, the trajectories were round, because it was always some kind of draw. Couldn't put a good "straight" backspin on it.

I believe my angle of attack changed also, because it was high draws/hooks.

I couldn't swing fast and smooth, it was fast and hard. The weight made me swing that way I believe.

So It's really weird how much power I gained, but how much control I lost. It's unplayable now. Going back to the +2G. 

Crazy how 2g can make a difference. 

Put me down as skeptical that these wild variations were attributable to 2g of head weight. I've never had that experience, and I have played with scores of weight combinations. Most people can't even feel a 2g head weight difference. I think this is mostly just the nature of the game, and that our bodies bring a different golfing machine to the course/range every time we go. 

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

Everybody has an ideal swing weight. Too light is a problem. Too heavy is a problem. As the saying goes “ that’s the straw that broke the camel’s back.” In this case it sounds like 2G of extra head weight made the club less controllable. 

I know for myself that if my driver head weight creeps over 203G at a playing length of 45”,  I have the club fall behind me more in the down swing which leads to block straight right or toe hooks. Take out 2G, my delivery dynamics and strike improve dramatically. Currently, 200G is giving me my best numbers with driver. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

5 hours ago, uglande said:

Put me down as skeptical that these wild variations were attributable to 2g of head weight. I've never had that experience, and I have played with scores of weight combinations. Most people can't even feel a 2g head weight difference. I think this is mostly just the nature of the game, and that our bodies bring a different golfing machine to the course/range every time we go. 

This is also what I was thinking when I got home, it might just be my swing (but I was on the course yesterday and played well with excellent drives)

But still, I have never had such a bad drive session since a long time. Completely out of sync.

And personaly I can feel the 2g difference during the swing. Just taking the weight in my hand, I was shocked at how heavy that felt compare to the 10g weight I had prior. It felt like 10g more.  And feels even more heavier compare to the original 8g obviously. The difference is striking in the hand. So just imagine how it feels at the end of a club swinging at 105mph.

And I got tired way faster also (and when I do a "driving session" I hit 100 balls. So I'm used to that kind of effort)

Keep in mind this is not 14g of lead tape, that would be evenly distribute on the club. 

This is a really small piece of metal, smaller than a nail, that weight a ton compare to its size. 

Again It might just be my swing. 

I will put all 3 weights to the test next week (8, 10 and 12g), at the range, with my PRGR. 

So that would be approximately D2, D3 and D4 swing weights. 

I already know there gonna be differences (especially in terms of feel and trajectories, not THAT much in terms of data)

I've seen videos with pros switching swing weights and doing comparaisons. 

Differences were minor. 

But ... they were pros... with swings working like a swiss watch. 

On the other hand, with mid handicappers (like me), who have a new swing every week, the different swing weights might do more.

4 hours ago, AceUpMySleeve said:

Finally got out to course and use the TSR2+ fairway and like everyone says it’s a rocket launcher. PLUS STRAIGHT. It was surprisingly easy to hit off the fairway. This club will be in my bag for awhile 

Yeah it really seems like it wants to go straight. I'm loving mine so far.

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

I’ve been struggling a little with the move to TSR2 driver from TSI3, blamed the 1k black shaft, so went back to the AV raw white, but still inconsistent. Picked up the Kai-Li white and seem to have a winner, back to being able to play a high straight/slight fade, not worried about swinging hard the whole time. Seems like a good combo. 

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:00 PM, AverageFrenchGolfer said:

I've seen videos with pros switching swing weights and doing comparaisons. 

Differences were minor. 

But ... they were pros... with swings working like a swiss watch. 

On the other hand, with mid handicappers (like me), who have a new swing every week, the different swing weights might do more.

While I don’t doubt that you had a terrible bad range day with the driver with only 2g heavier, unless you switched to the lighter weight in real time and started hitting it miraculously better, I would be willing to bet that you’re statement here is the culprit. 

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

18 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

Hey guys have any of you ordered the raw blue tensei xlink tx flexes in the fairways and how are they working out? 

I ordered the AV Raw Blue in TX but not the X Link.

will be here next week and can provide Trackman comparisons against the new Stealth2.0 with OG Ventus Red.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarborMike said:

Rocking the driver, 3W, 5W, and going into a 4h/22 degree then to a 5 iron. Finally checked my ego a bit last year and kicked out the 4-iron and replaced with hybrid. Far more consistent with the hybrid. Almost did a 7 wood, but loved the looks and performance of the TSR2 hybrid line and didn’t want to have 3 fairway woods in the bag. Everything is perfect gapping (about 10-15 yds with each club).

B6587D67-1234-46F7-85E3-08C4AFA8D8C2.jpeg

That’s a great set-up. Just curious, did you need to bend the 5 iron at all to make it work? It’s a T100S, right, so I think standard loft is 25 degrees?

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1 hour ago, HarborMike said:

Rocking the driver, 3W, 5W, and going into a 4h/22 degree then to a 5 iron. Finally checked my ego a bit last year and kicked out the 4-iron and replaced with hybrid. Far more consistent with the hybrid. Almost did a 7 wood, but loved the looks and performance of the TSR2 hybrid line and didn’t want to have 3 fairway woods in the bag. Everything is perfect gapping (about 10-15 yds with each club).

That’s one good looking set. Have a titleist fitting Wednesday can’t wait

5 minutes ago, eric61 said:

That’s a great set-up. Just curious, did you need to bend the 5 iron at all to make it work? It’s a T100S, right, so I think standard loft is 25 degrees?

No I didn’t have to bend (assuming you ment weaker). I’ve been in these irons since they were released in 2021. Did a bunch of testing sessions on trackman recently as well and found no reason to bend the 5-iron. Maybe because I tend to swing closer to 90-100% on hybrid and woods and around 80% with irons. Irons especially T100s/T100 or players irons in general will spin a lot more as well which keeps the distance in check. But if you ment stronger, didn’t need to do that either. Everyone is different, but for me personally I don’t really like bending my clubs since I don’t want to mess with the bounce too much. Of course there’s rare exceptions when it makes sense, but think Titleist did a really good job with designing the T100s and the lofts.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HarborMike said:

No I didn’t have to bend (assuming you ment weaker). I’ve been in these irons since they were released in 2021. Did a bunch of testing sessions on trackman recently as well and found no reason to bend the 5-iron. Maybe because I tend to swing closer to 90-100% on hybrid and woods and around 80% with irons. Irons especially T100s/T100 or players irons in general will spin a lot more as well which keeps the distance in check. But if you ment stronger, didn’t need to do that either. Everyone is different, but for me personally I don’t really like bending my clubs since I don’t want to mess with the bounce too much. Of course there’s rare exceptions when it makes sense, but think Titleist did a really good job with designing the T100s and the lofts.

I agree with you on the hesitancy to bend and mess with the bounce.

I was actually thinking stronger, but that’s awesome that it works without any changes! The way I was thinking about it, I was curious if the 22* to 25* gap from 4H to 5I might be bigger, because of shaft length, club design, spin, etc., than the 25* to 28* gap from 5I to 6I. 

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

5 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Awesome setup. Would love to hear more about the gapping you are seeing and the setups you have for the D,3w ,5w and hybrid. Cheers 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, golflefty said:

TSR4 ordered on 9/11 arrived at the house yesterday. She certainly passes the looks test.... hoping to dodge the rain and get to the range later today with it! Loved the sound/feel and performance of the TSi4, didn't love the shape. TSi3 looked much better at address to my eye, and performed just as well, so went with the 3 based on looks and that added forgiveness on the bad days. Hoping with the weight back in TSR4 and the much improved look at address, it'll be the best of both worlds..

How is the tsr4 going?

I temporarily re-tried an 8* TSR3 head in the same setup as my TSR2 (C1), and just could not get anything better out of it. The TSR2 looks just as good, sounds better, and is just so damn forgiving. The feel off the face reminds me a lot of the PING G20 driver that felt like a supercharged marshmallow. 

The TR Red feels like it adds forgiveness to the setup. Even though I've just been playing sim golf recently it's been 3 weeks now that I haven't seen a huge block miss. It's easy to time and yields a great dispersion patter. 

• Thanks 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I have a TSR2 driver and TSR2 strong 3 wood both with ventus TR black. Now I am debating a 4 or 5 wood to try to gap perfectly for more of a higher launch into the green than the strong 3 wood. Thinking maybe I try ventus blue with a 5 wood lofted to 4 wood. Any one have experience with the strong 3 wood with ventus and would recommend the right shaft. I hope blue would get enough spin for me as I think red may be too far but not sure

On 2/25/2023 at 11:12 AM, HarborMike said:

Yup, I've got almost the exact same bag. Got the TSR2 hybrid at 22* and dropped the 4 iron. There's about a 20 yard-ish gap in carry from my 5 iron to the 4h (195ish to 215ish), but its way easier take something off of a hybrid than a 4 iron. It's an approach club for me into par 5s and the odd long par 3 and legitimately think it'll save me somewhere around 3 strokes a week at my club.

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

Anyone else seeing lower launch in the TSR2 15 vs TSi2 15? I was able to even loft down my old TSi2 to 14.25 because I was getting good height. The face cracked on the TSi2 (2nd one) and I got the TSR2 in return but I'm having trouble getting good height without really trying. 

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link