Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

On 2/28/2023 at 1:57 PM, GooseHook said:

I temporarily re-tried an 8* TSR3 head in the same setup as my TSR2 (C1), and just could not get anything better out of it. The TSR2 looks just as good, sounds better, and is just so damn forgiving. The feel off the face reminds me a lot of the PING G20 driver that felt like a supercharged marshmallow. 

The TR Red feels like it adds forgiveness to the setup. Even though I've just been playing sim golf recently it's been 3 weeks now that I haven't seen a huge block miss. It's easy to time and yields a great dispersion patter. 

LOVE the supercharged marshmallow description!!! I hit aerojet today and while nice just felt amidst,  oft putting.....harder than the soft crispness of TSR2 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

Anyone tried a 1k black 85 tx in a tsr2 7 wood? Thoughts

No but I had a Ventus black 8x in one. Ultimately sold the 7w and I have the Ventus listed on eBay right now. This combo was a weapon — great ball speeds but without excessive spin — but I decided to go with a different bag setup, in part because I’m such a high ball hitter and I love my 4 iron. 

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

On 3/8/2023 at 4:29 PM, wayward_points said:

Well I don't think this should happen with a 2 month old TSR3 16.5⁰ fairway wood. Finally had this club dialed and then this happens haha 

20230308_175447.jpg

Damn, unlucky. Sadly, this stuff happens... hopefully Titleist takes care of you!

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

On 3/8/2023 at 7:29 PM, wayward_points said:

Well I don't think this should happen with a 2 month old TSR3 16.5⁰ fairway wood. Finally had this club dialed and then this happens haha 

20230308_175447.jpg

Had two TSi2 heads that cracked. I assumed they got rid of the active recoil channel since it may have made the head more prone to cracking but that doesn't look to be the case. If I were you I'd go to the store that you bought it, or any retailer for that matter, and see if they can give you a new head then and there while they wait for the replacement to come in. Might be a little tricky since it's a 16.5 and less likely in stock. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

On 9/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, ahg23 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the TSR3 woods whistle when you swing them? Got mine about a week ago and it sounds like a nerf football when I swing it...

The noise is coming from the way air hits the new weight track. When I put a piece of tape over the track the noise goes away. Club performs pretty well but can't get over the noise...

Are you still experiencing this? I just got a TSR3 driver yesterday and have the same thing happening. 

8 hours ago, sanjaygolf said:

Had two TSi2 heads that cracked. I assumed they got rid of the active recoil channel since it may have made the head more prone to cracking but that doesn't look to be the case. If I were you I'd go to the store that you bought it, or any retailer for that matter, and see if they can give you a new head then and there while they wait for the replacement to come in. Might be a little tricky since it's a 16.5 and less likely in stock. 

@wayward_points you should actually be able to contact Titleist directly, show them your pics and SN on the head and they should take care of you. Some years ago, the OG TM SIM head had an issue where the frame of the weight slide would crack. I reached out to TM and sent them the pic and SN, and next thing I know they mailed me a new SIM2 driver and asked to send them back the cracked head so they take it out of circulation. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

20230308_175447.jpg

happened to my TSI2 3 wood as well they will replace it free of charge. Also was hoping this wouldn’t happen with the new TSR line. They do have a one year warranty though

I reached out to them directly told them where I bought it from gave them the serial number then they give you a shipping label and ask you to ship the broken head to them. Once they receive it they will ship you out a new head

• Like 1

Contagious. My tsi 16.5 today. This will be the 5th replacement.  

Never takes more than about 2 weeks. You'll be fine   

t.JPG

Edited by scottaz
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

20230308_175447.jpg

They'll replace it. Had a TSI3 3wood that cracked within about 20 swings on the bottom. They had me bring it in to a retailer to mail it back no questions asked. Think if it's a recent model they will give a replacement pretty easily.

Epix Max LS 9* MMT 60S

TSI3 15* AV Raw Blue 75S

TSI2 18* AV Raw Blue 75S

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW PX LZ 6.0

RTX 3 GW-LW

M Craft II

Hearing about these cracked faces in the 16.5 heads has me a bit worried about the 16.5 I just got. Is this the only head people are seeing this in?

• Like 1

TSR3 9.0 / Ventus TR Black 6S

G430 Max 15 / PING Tour Black 2.0 75S

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

i230 6-P / Modus 115S

s159 50, 54, 58 / Modus 125 Wedge

LAB DF3

4 hours ago, Arlin964 said:

Hearing about these cracked faces in the 16.5 heads has me a bit worried about the 16.5 I just got. Is this the only head people are seeing this in?

Ya me too same situation have 16.5 TSR@ that I got last fall, have not hit it yet...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

4 hours ago, Arlin964 said:

I was thinking of upgrading from my TSi2 16.5* (cuz I'm a ho).   But I think I'm going to wait a bit given these posts...

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

On 2/28/2023 at 1:47 PM, mretrade said:

I have a TSR2 driver and TSR2 strong 3 wood both with ventus TR black. Now I am debating a 4 or 5 wood to try to gap perfectly for more of a higher launch into the green than the strong 3 wood. Thinking maybe I try ventus blue with a 5 wood lofted to 4 wood. Any one have experience with the strong 3 wood with ventus and would recommend the right shaft. I hope blue would get enough spin for me as I think red may be too far but not sure

I have the TSR2+ 13.0 and TSR2 16.5 with Ventus Red 7x. Great combo for me. I did not like the Ventus Blue in my previous Titleist FW woods. I prefer a stiff handle. 

The red gives me good launch but does not increase spin, and it just feels stable to me because I need that stiffness at the butt end.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, uglande said:

I have the TSR2+ 13.0 and TSR2 16.5 with Ventus Red 7x. Great combo for me. I did not like the Ventus Blue in my previous Titleist FW woods. I prefer a stiff handle. 

The red gives me good launch but does not increase spin, and it just feels stable to me because I need that stiffness at the butt end.

u compare the TR to the original Red?

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

10 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

u compare the TR to the original Red?

I have the TR red in my driver and it feels similar to the OG red, but maybe a little stiffer throughout. But really hard to tell, honestly, because I'm playing them in different clubs, tipped different amounts, etc. 

I have seen a number of side-by-side comparisons on YouTube of OG Red and TR Red and the results are almost always identical, so if there's any difference it's not really affecting outcomes. 

Edited by uglande
  • Like 1

Car was overdue on some recalls so I took her in today and while she was being worked on I uber'd over to the local PGASS to check out drivers. Went straight to the pre-owned section to browse a little bit (now that we are well into post-launch buyer's-remorse season) and spent some time in a bay trying to find a stick that could replace my G400 MAX (w/ HZRDS Blue shaft)...

Grabbed a bunch of stuff to try out. Had one of the nice guys there build me a demo G430 MAX, tried the Rogue ST MAX and LS, but only really picked up the TSr4 (9*) out of curiosity. I had never really considered playing less than a 460cc head, or playing a Titleist driver at all, but it was there and so was I... and WOW! I really fell in love with it. The pre-owned one I was swinging had the Mitsu 1K Black shaft in it and apart from looking great the strikes on the TSr4 sound so explosive. I didn't bug anyone for a wrench, I think the guys prefer booking a fitting if you're gonna mess around with the gear too much, but I would have loved to see it tuned a click up and maybe a click closed, but the speed and distance I was getting was so nice.

I nearly left with it, and might just go back to snag it tomorrow, but I'd almost prefer a legit session where I can toy around with it and maybe put it up against the 2 and 3 with the same shaft and everything. One thing I am looking for in a driver upgrade from the G400 MAX is a little lower spin and a little lighter head (that is to say, more speed). For what it's worth, my best strikes with the Rogue and G430 really didn't give me much that I don't already get with my gamer but the TSr4 really felt special in the hand and on contact. I just wanted to keep swinging it, and it begged me to get aggressive... I have a feeling I'll have one soon.

Edited by wwweston

anyone directly compare the TSR2 to the Paradym X? I am not a Triple Diamond or TSR3 guy ( I tried both), ultimately I need to hit the sweet spot more, but thats another story.

The Paradym X doesnt give great results off the toe side, i honestly thought it would sound better and be more forgiving for off center hits.

It is also very stretched out from front to back, a little too much for my eye. Any comparisons?

So far my shaft shaft has it narrowed down to AD-HD and AD-DI and hoping to try a Ventus red. thx

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

1 hour ago, wwweston said:

Car was overdue on some recalls so I took her in today and while she was being worked on I uber'd over to the local PGASS to check out drivers. Went straight to the pre-owned section to browse a little bit (now that we are well into post-launch buyer's-remorse season) and spent some time in a bay trying to find a stick that could replace my G400 MAX (w/ HZRDS Blue shaft)...

Grabbed a bunch of stuff to try out. Had one of the nice guys there build me a demo G430 MAX, tried the Rogue ST MAX and LS, but only really picked up the TSr4 (9*) out of curiosity. I had never really considered playing less than a 460cc head, or playing a Titleist driver at all, but it was there and so was I... and WOW! I really fell in love with it. The pre-owned one I was swinging had the Mitsu 1K Black shaft in it and apart from looking great the strikes on the TSr4 sound so explosive. I didn't bug anyone for a wrench, I think the guys prefer booking a fitting if you're gonna mess around with the gear too much, but I would have loved to see it tuned a click up and maybe a click closed, but the speed and distance I was getting was so nice.

I nearly left with it, and might just go back to snag it tomorrow, but I'd almost prefer a legit session where I can toy around with it and maybe put it up against the 2 and 3 with the same shaft and everything. One thing I am looking for in a driver upgrade from the G400 MAX is a little lower spin and a little lighter head (that is to say, more speed). For what it's worth, my best strikes with the Rogue and G430 really didn't give me much that I don't already get with my gamer but the TSr4 really felt special in the hand and on contact. I just wanted to keep swinging it, and it begged me to get aggressive... I have a feeling I'll have one soon.

Just go buy it!! Try it then keep it or list it on BST. What is the worst that could happen you are down maybe $50

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kingmax said:

Is there suppose to be a noticeable ridge line that runs from heel to toe right behind the tsr logo on the crown? If I run my finger over it it’s noticeable. You can kinda see it in the reflection.

0AE3A0D3-255C-4FA5-8EB2-8AEC69604064.jpeg

I can't tell from your pic but I had one in my 4 the ran along the top part of the face, where it meets the crown.  I ended up getting a crack and a replacement.  

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

18 hours ago, SagedCrusader said:

was finally able to order my tsr2 driver 10 degree, tensei blue 55g stiff, and 3w 15 degree, tensei blue 65g stiff. should be here in a couple days and I have to say I'm pretty excited

I've been waiting for my TSR2 9 degree with Ventus Blue stiff shaft and a 3w with near identical specs as yours (just a 75g weight).  Ordered end of last month.  Should be coming in at the end of this month.  

Guys that have hit both the TSr2 and TSi2 16.5* 4 wood.  Is it worth the upgrade or are they fairly similar?  

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

I’ve upgraded, they are pretty similar, however the tsr2 generally is deeper faced and a bit more forgiving and launchable on mediocre strikes. I did not like the 1k black shaft and put the av raw white in the new head. 
I’d say my good strikes are about the same, but average ones are better. It’s not a must upgrade but good enough to think about. It’s making me consider the hybrid update too even though I hit the tsi really well. 

• Like 1

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

Had 0211 PXG and most recently 0311 Gen 5. 

0211 was quite literally a can’t miss fairway finder but knew I was leaving distance on the table with the shorter shaft and tech (or lack thereof). Gen 5 0311 was just… fine. The 10.5 head/shaft combo got me the apex height I’d been seeking but ultimately was just too spinny and felt clunky off the face. This may sound asinine considering I’d like to say form should follow function but “feel” and looks at address are a huge deal to me. Knew I should try something from “the big 5”. 

I don’t enjoy looking down at TM drivers/Ping; the Paradym, while lauded in testing didn’t do much for me either. Narrowed it down to TSR & Aerojet, admittedly in a chase for ball speed. To my surprise, Aerojet just didn’t pop from a ball speed perspective and my big miss (heel cut) was just a high lifeless pop up consistently. 

Next up was TSR2 in HZRDUS black. My first strike was a clear (especially audibly) toe ball. It just took off and stayed right on the start line, with very little right to left gearing. The second was dead nuts, delivering the most satisfying “crunch” I’ve yet to feel in a driver. Hit about another 25 balls with great results in both dispersion and ball speed. Took one home in 10* with the HZRDUS black shaft. Suffice to say, I’m excited to get this out on the course.