2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red

TRC723

On 6/21/2022 at 5:38 AM, elwhippy said:

Still waiting to see a driver in play at my club. A couple of 3 woods, irons and hybrids but no sign of the big dog. Convinced it is a one season marketing ploy. 

I’m not fancy enough to have “a club” (😢) but play at a lot of different regular golf courses within about an hour of my house. I have seen a few, but definitely still see more SIM2s. 

The stealth was the big hype of 2021/2022 and I’ve seen one on the course since it’s launch. Everyone I’ve seen with a driver from the last 12 months is playing Ping or Callaway. I’ve seen a few stealth hybrids and fairways, but just the one driver.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

9 hours ago, philly2kuk said:

The stealth was the big hype of 2021/2022 and I’ve seen one on the course since it’s launch. Everyone I’ve seen with a driver from the last 12 months is playing Ping or Callaway. I’ve seen a few stealth hybrids and fairways, but just the one driver.

I belong to a golf club where a lot of players are affluent, (I'm not affluent), and frankly I haven't seen a lot of new 2022 drivers of any brand.  Guys still carrying SIM2, Epic Speeds, TSi3, and PING G425 LST.  I've seen maybe 2  Stealths, no Rogues, and zero 2022 Cobra.

Maybe guys are just locked into their gamer.

Maybe the Stealth $$ is a "jump the shark" moment like the i59 irons.  Guys realize they are fine in a 18 month old TItleist.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 10:40 AM, underwater said:

I'm a Stealth Plus player but I gave the Triple Diamond a run on Friday on my home track and even in the D-setting (which uprights the lie angle - nothing more) I couldn't turn that thing over to save my life.  In fact it was WORK to hit it straight without a 12 yard cut.  Much of my home course moves right to left off the tee box.

..So what ends up happening, I found, is that you start changing your move to not push or cut this driver (I have a dramatic inside-out move).  That change starts trickling into your bag and influencing your other clubs.  Yuck.  At the turn I put my relatively neutral Stealth Plus back in and it was much less stressful.     (/topicDetour)

Different clubs working differently for different people isn’t anything we haven’t known about for years.

I was up on Long Island this Spring and played with a friend who’s an excellent golfer. He’d been playing the G400 driver since it’s release, and hitting it very well.

He had just gotten back from playing in a Pro Am in a LPGA event in California. He won a free driver and fitting at Callaway HQ. They fit him in a RogueST with a “real” Velacore Red shaft. They even gave him a custom weighted head.

He was incredibly frustrated with it during the two rounds we played. We told him he had to get used to it? His reply was “I don’t understand why I would have to “get used to” a club that was basically designed just to fit my swing and my swing only.”

• Like 4

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

On 6/25/2022 at 8:50 PM, underwater said:

WOW!  Thanks for posting.    That's incredible.  I don't have that level of pop at about 106mph so I'm safe from harm lol.

This is to the extreme from the one that I saw! Whoa ! Mostly the ones that I saw had a crack, one was a insert separation, or delamination on the bottom of the face there it can come in contact with turf and then moisture.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya Chrome 6TF5 

3 Wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 w/ PX Evenflow Blue 6.5

Hybrid: Fourteen Prototype 2 iron Bent to 20* w/ UST Mamiya Proto 125 X

Irons: Fourteen FH1000 4-PW 1*Strong/1*Up w/ KBS $Taper S+ +1/2

GW: Fourteen RM12 - 50/10   w/ KBS $Taper S+ +1/2

SW:  Fourteen RM12 – 54.5/10.5   w/ KBS 610 130 +1/2

LW:  Fourteen RM12 - 59/9   w/ KBS 610 130 +1/2

Putter: Odyssey 1W Milled / EVNROLL ER2 @ 34”,4* & 71* w/ Ionmic Mid Size

Ball: Taking Applications For Open Position !!! 

4 hours ago, john myrbch said:

Different clubs working differently for different people isn’t anything we haven’t known about for years.

I was up on Long Island this Spring and played with a friend who’s an excellent golfer. He’d been playing the G400 driver since it’s release, and hitting it very well.

He had just gotten back from playing in a Pro Am in a LPGA event in California. He won a free driver and fitting at Callaway HQ. They fit him in a RogueST with a “real” Velacore Red shaft. They even gave him a custom weighted head.

He was incredibly frustrated with it during the two rounds we played. We told him he had to get used to it? His reply was “I don’t understand why I would have to “get used to” a club that was basically designed just to fit my swing and my swing only.”

Totally concur.  I think it was Faldo who said "I can swing a new club 3 times and decide if it's right for me.  I don't' need to adapt to the club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joeburger said:

I've heard so many bad things about the TM stealth i can't tell if its the response to the amount  of hype put into it. Makes me want to avoid it

Nowadays, you really do not stand to gain much at all from new drivers because they have pushed the envelope so much already. 

However, if the one thing you do gain is confidence, then it is probably worth it to switch. 

Every brand right now sells on hype, not just TM, and they also use influencers to push that hype. So also not surprised there. Next year itll be the next whatever club that will give you another 20 yards and hit it straighter than ever, and then the same thing in 2024, and rinse and repeat.

The only one I've seen so far is in the bag of the assistant that has a full TMag contract. But I'm gathering that durability is hit and miss. I follow Drew Cooper on IG and he hits a Stealth+, so if he doesn't break it, I don't think most should be all that worried.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I live in AZ and play everywhere. My main group is all Cally(Mavrik TD, Epic LS, Rogue TD). Played an AM event and I didn't see a single Callaway driver newer than the Epic Flash. I was all in on Callaway since the Epic Flash SZ for reference. Both days played with guys who also had Stealth. One G425 a boat load of G410, OG Sim and Sim 2. Sure some may be hidden under generic covers but TM is typically king for better players followed by Ping. Titleist a distant 3rd and PXG more than  Cally/cobra/etc. Every region is different but I don't take stock in what the average Joe is picking up from PGASS but more what the 'players' are using. YMMV depending on what your pro or fitter uses/pushes to membership. 

To me on looks and performance TM finally has a driver like the OG M1 in performance and adoption.

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

On 6/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, joeburger said:

I've heard so many bad things about the TM stealth i can't tell if its the response to the amount  of hype put into it. Makes me want to avoid it

Go demo it and you be the judge instead of listening to whiny gossip. 

• Like 4

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, jds101086 said:

I live in AZ and play everywhere. My main group is all Cally(Mavrik TD, Epic LS, Rogue TD). Played an AM event and I didn't see a single Callaway driver newer than the Epic Flash. I was all in on Callaway since the Epic Flash SZ for reference. Both days played with guys who also had Stealth. One G425 a boat load of G410, OG Sim and Sim 2. Sure some may be hidden under generic covers but TM is typically king for better players followed by Ping. Titleist a distant 3rd and PXG more than  Cally/cobra/etc. Every region is different but I don't take stock in what the average Joe is picking up from PGASS but more what the 'players' are using. YMMV depending on what your pro or fitter uses/pushes to membership. 

To me on looks and performance TM finally has a driver like the OG M1 in performance and adoption.

I play with a bunch of different skill level golfers ranging from 25 caps down to +4 caps.  Five of them have the Stealth, the weekend hacker group I play with on Saturdays both game older Ping drivers, three guys have Mavrik and Epic Speed in their bags.  My brother and cousins all play SIM or M4 drivers.  Mom and dad have XXIO drivers.  +4 cap buddy has a ZX7/ZX5 in his bag but he's sponsored by Srixon.  Two gal pals who my sister went to high school with that I play with from time to time who are both + cap are sponsored by Callaway and just got the Rogue ST in their bags after having Mavrik drivers.  I play with the head and assistant teaching pro at my cc whenever they're off the clock on the weekdays and they play Rogue ST Triple Diamond and Stealth Plus respectively. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Just go look at how many equipment free agents on tour are playing the Stealth+ (it’s a lot). I would not put stock into what random people at a club play (or the perception of what they play by a few posters). 

• Like 2

TM Stealth+ 9* VENTUS TR BLUE 
TM Stealth 2+ 16.5* VENTUS BLACK 
SRIXON ZK MK II UTILITY 3 IRON NIPPON GOST 

SRIXON ZX MK II UTILITY 4 IRON DG TI 120

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

CLEVELAND RTX 6 ZIPCORE TOUR RACK 52*

ARTISAN CUSTUM 56* 60* DG TI 
TOUR RAT PROTO

8* Stealth + here and it’s the longest , straightest driver I’ve ever had. I’m a high speed, high spin guy, so it’s def a fit for me. My gold standard is OG Sim, and Stealth + is just an easier to hit version of that

I can see how people wouldn’t like Stealth if you weren’t in the appropriate model, loft , and shaft. Mine took some tweaking but I know my own stuff fairly well. The + model is not intended for your standard 25 handicap that swings it 90mph

No issues with durability here. Yes if you hit it off the top of the driver or the toe, or it falls off your cart - it might get damaged 😂

Quite honestly , I can’t understand how people damage so many clubs thru regular play

Edited by MagicMan79
  • Like 3

TSR4 8*, Accra RPG 362 M5 & Ventus Red 7x

Sim Rocket 14*, Accra TZ6 75 M5

790 2i UDI (2021), Accra TZ5 105 M5

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW, Modus 120 TX

Callaway JAWS 50, 54, 60,  x100 DG

1/1 Lajosi DD-201 WB, Stability Tour blackout 

No one should be stressing about durability with any modern driver, including Stealth. They are tested very rigorously and for the tiny % who do have an issue, the major manufacturers have excellent warranty policies. 

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

On 6/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, joeburger said:

Almost with anything in life, when there's just as much negativity as there is positive, you know you got something going good.  

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

11 minutes ago, MountainKing said:

Almost with anything in life, when there's just as much negativity as there is positive, you know you got something going good.  

Like mentioned above.  People are expecting too much.  There's only so much a manufacturer can do.  People need to realise its the Indian not the arrow 

1 minute ago, dave_3 said:

Like mentioned above.  People are expecting too much.  There's only so much a manufacturer can do.  People need to realise its the Indian not the arrow 

100%!  I love my Stealth, but the jump from my Sim 2 isn't game changing.  Bit more forgiveness in that the ball holds it's speed/spin better on a mishit, but otherwise I saw no measurable gains from it.  If it wasn't for that forgiveness factor the Sim 2 would still be in my bag, but given my dislike for practice I'm looking for any advantage I can get in that area.  It certainly didn't solve my snaphook issue when that creeps in, but no club will!

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I have seen many Stealth Drivers at the 1757 Driving Range.  Not the many Stealth Plus Drivers (I might have been the only one who played one.)  Not that many Rogue STs and maybe one beginner with a Cobra LTDx.  Many people still playing the TSi and G425 Drivers.  SIM, SIM2, Mavrik and Epic Drivers are plenty.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

1 hour ago, blblco02 said:

Drivers are too good and too forgiving at this point in my opinion. Anyone playing tournament golf should not be allowed to use these things. It’s almost cheating. Amateur golf, sure why not. 

No such thing as too good.  A driver too good would be one that would gives you max ball speed and optimal spin numbers no matter where you hit on the face, haha. 

Edited by phizzy30

On 7/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, MountainKing said:

100%!  I love my Stealth, but the jump from my Sim 2 isn't game changing.  Bit more forgiveness in that the ball holds it's speed/spin better on a mishit, but otherwise I saw no measurable gains from it.  If it wasn't for that forgiveness factor the Sim 2 would still be in my bag, but given my dislike for practice I'm looking for any advantage I can get in that area.  

... I as playing the Sim2 and did a couple of demo days with Callaway and a Stealth fitting. First Cally fitting the rep just trashed the Stealth after I told him I needed to demo one before any decisions on new drivers. The Rogue LS was a hair better for distance compared to my Sim2 while dispersion was similar but he didn't have the same shaft for a direct comparison and I was hitting the AD-IZ in the Cally and I love that shaft. The difference was minimal yet he insisted I should buy one with the discount given that day, but trashing a competitor just completely turns me off. 

... Then did a demo day with the Stealth and told him I had a Rogue LS fitting and he replied "Good driver. Let's see if we can get better numbers with the Stealth" After 1/2 hour we pretty much decided there wasn't a good reason to "Change" as he didn't like the term "Upgrade" from the Sim2 unless I felt it was something I wanted to do. He also used my shaft in the Stealth to get a good head to head comparison as well as putting the best fitting shaft in the Stealth in my Sim2. The Stealth was about 1-2 yds longer and a little tighter dispersion but my worst shots that were thrown out were not as bad with the Stealth compared to my Sim2, so right there with you on forgiveness. It was a great experience and I started putting in some very low bids for Stealth Heads only on Ebay and not expecting to ever win one but of course one day I get a notice "You Won The Auction" So I have been playing the Stealth and find it a little more accurate and a little longer on average so no regrets. Fwiw I also picked up the Limited Black LTDx but have not hit it enough to make any real comparisons but it certainly has potential. Hard to find a bad driver these days. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

On 6/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, joeburger said:

If you heard it from people on the internet, then I'd take it with a grain of salt.  My Stealth+ is going strong and I'm not getting rid of it any time soon.

• Like 1

• easyyy changed the title to Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red
  • GwrxMod changed the title to Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red
  • easyyy featured this topic
  • aaron unfeatured this topic