2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Farmers Insurance Open 2023 (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)

MattyO1984

10 hours ago, grm24 said:

Well Rickie had a decent showing going after 63 holes, got near the lead, then he Rickied it on his back 9. +4 until a birdie on 18. Three 72's and a 67.  Is that playing well?

Yes that is playing well lol.

Most players were over par this week. Hard to fathom I know 

• Like 3

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

12 hours ago, CourseJester said:

Was 11 shots worse on Saturday compared with his Wednesday 64. 

Went 64, 68, 72, 75. 

Not going to get the job done with that scoring. 

He played the NC first and North is always 2-3 shots easier then the South.  Ryder's ball striking was atrocious yesterday.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Farmers Insurance Open 2023 (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)
10 hours ago, grm24 said:

Well Rickie had a decent showing going after 63 holes, got near the lead, then he Rickied it on his back 9. +4 until a birdie on 18. Three 72's and a 67.  Is that playing well?

Congrats to Max. 5 wins in the last 23 months. 3 career wins on big boy tour courses. 1 at Quail Hollow, 1 at Riviera and 1 at Torrey. Well done.  Hope it continues.

He's gonna do stuff like that it's expected. Rickie's already got 3 top 15 finishes in the current wraparound season, he had 3 total top 15 finishes the last 2 season. Definitely trending up right now.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, me05501 said:

Serious questions for the joggers haters…

What’s your opinion on Payne Stewart’s plus fours? HE WORE SOCKS

As a follow up, how did you feel about Tiger’s enormously oversized pleated pants? THAT WAS THE STYLE, JUST PLEATS, LOL

Finally, and crucially, when Jack won the Masters in 1986 wearing polyester Sans-A-Belts…good or bad for the game? THAT WAS THE STYLE BUT SOON ON ITS WAY OUT - SEE TONY SILLS, MICHAEL PODOLAK, PHIL BLACKMAR, TOMMY  NAKAJIMA, NICK PRICE, GREG NORMAN, TOM KITE, BEN CRENSHAW, KEN GREEN, HALE IRWIN - COULD GO ON AND ON.  BUT TO THE POINT OF JOGGERS, THOSE WATCHING IN COLOR WERE HORRIFIED BY BERNHARD LANGER SIGNALLING THE START OF THE WORST FASHION TREND IN GOLF ------ THE WHITE BELT!

SEE ABOVE (IN GREEN, OF COURSE, FOR DRAGGING THE MASTERS INTO IT).

Edited by Hawkeye77

Homa played better on Sunday, and I think he has a huge year, maybe that first major.   He won when Ryder’s mom put the hex on with that interview.  That’s almost grounds for banning mom from coming and definitely speaking to media

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

1 hour ago, Hawkeye77 said:

SEE ABOVE (IN GREEN, OF COURSE, FOR DRAGGING THE MASTERS INTO IT).

You’re just continuing to “yeah, but…” the issue. 

Jack wore some awful clothes. Tiger wore some awful clothes. They were either trying to move the needle on fashion or trying to keep with the times they were living in. 

There’s zero difference when Sam Ryder or JT or anyone else does the exact same thing. I guess we could go back to see what people were posting when Tiger was playing in tee shirts. I’m sure it was a bunch of aging traditionalists railing against it then as well. 

It just doesn’t matter what players wear. They’re playing a sport for our entertainment. Just as in other sports, guys are going to try new things and some of it will stick. It’s hilarious to me that people can’t ignore it. 

• Like 3

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

19 minutes ago, TrendingLower2 said:

Did anyone else notice that Homa stared off blankly in the distance when he was interviewed by Amanda Renner and Kira K. Dixon, instead of looking at the interviewer or camera? Not bashing him, I do like Homa; just an observation.

I think that’s how he looks. Just his thing. When the camera was on him on 13 on Friday, you can notice it too.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

33 minutes ago, me05501 said:

You’re just continuing to “yeah, but…” the issue. 

Jack wore some awful clothes. Tiger wore some awful clothes. They were either trying to move the needle on fashion or trying to keep with the times they were living in. 

There’s zero difference when Sam Ryder or JT or anyone else does the exact same thing. 

LOL, you are taking this way too seriously.  The whole point of wearing that stuff is getting attention and having people laugh and point at them, and other people saying "those are the coolest pants I've ever seen".

Your point was the pants worn by Jack in the '86 Masters (yep, most of the field wore the same stuff) and Tiger's pleated chinos (yep, most of the fields were wearing pleated pants, as was most of America when they slid into their khakis).  So, not "zero difference" and not "yeah, but" - you struck out.

The examples you gave weren't guys out trying to make a marketing "statement".

JT looks just as dopey as Ryder, IMO, but if you like 'em ---- great. Colin Montgomerie puts some on you'll be laughing your ___ off with the rest of the world.  Let's not start making them out to be brave pioneers, haha.  Just guys getting a little money for pushing a product which may or may not catch on.  

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, me05501 said:

You guys are using weak excuses for the bad fashion of the past that could easily be applied to what’s considered the bad fashion of today.

Tiger’s giant baggy pants were at least as awful as today’s joggers. He also tried to popularize golf shirts with no collar. Most clubs said “nah” to that so it didn’t catch on with the golfing public. 

The entire world has gotten more casual over the last generation. I’m in a suit-and tie-profession but I haven’t worn a tie in five years and absolutely no one cares. It’s a positive change. Fighting against it is tilting at windmills. 

5F0D1046-B591-492E-A020-CBF2F89A80BE.jpeg.0e803687a1ffc660d7c0486e838982ce.jpeg

If there was internet/WRX in the 70s, Brian woulda crashed the site!  Lol

6619977E-F015-40CA-B815-00BE01124FE7.jpeg

97F301C5-F573-4CBB-A1F7-FA667FFB725A.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gawbage_man said:

Jogggers look silly on everyone.  So do high top golf shoes.

Rickie can pull them off.

The key is to have the pants compliment the shirt but not just color wise. They have to be similar in style and texture. Shoes need to be right too. 

The problem with Ryder was, besides they were ill fitting, the joggers were pretty ratty. Then he had a shirt/sweater way too “dressy” for the joggers

Even nice joggers need a pretty casual shirt. So, best to wear some nice joggers, with as much structure as joggers can have, not too short, and then have a shirt that’s a bit “softer” and less structured but still looks sharp enough to wear in an event. And less dressy shoes too. 

I agree on the high tops but Rickie pulled that off too with the joggers once lol

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, you are taking this way too seriously.  The whole point of wearing that stuff is getting attention and having people laugh and point at them, and other people saying "those are the coolest pants I've ever seen".

Your point was the pants worn by Jack in the '86 Masters (yep, most of the field wore the same stuff) and Tiger's pleated chinos (yep, most of the fields were wearing pleated pants, as was most of America when they slid into their khakis).  So, not "zero difference" and not "yeah, but" - you struck out.

The examples you gave weren't guys out trying to make a marketing "statement".

JT looks just as dopey as Ryder, IMO, but if you like 'em ---- great. Colin Montgomerie puts some on you'll be laughing your ___ off with the rest of the world.  Let's not start making them out to be brave pioneers, haha.  Just guys getting a little money for pushing a product which may or may not catch on.  

If we are (you) making the “argument” “what they wore is what most of America was wearing at the time”. Then I will say I’ve seen a ton of men wearing joggers in and out of the gym for quite a few years now. So therefore it’s naturally made its way onto the course. But yeah, I don’t live in Iowa/middle America, so I’m only speaking on my area. It’s all in fun. Wear what tickles your fancy and make fun and laugh at the ones you think look ridiculous. It’s all good. We could be going back n forth about way worse things… 

30 minutes ago, Gawbage_man said:

Jogggers look silly on everyone.  So do high top golf shoes.

Takes me back to college days - we'd walk 18 holes on hot summer days and then go play tennis under the lights - my favorite golf outfit was a gray t shirt, casual (not stuffy white, fancy) tennis shorts and my high top Converse (socks rolled down and baggy sitting on top).  Stuff you could take off and wring out because it was 100% cotton.  I could wear that stuff my my late teens and early 20s, nobody wants to see me out in it now, haha.

15 minutes ago, TiScape said:

If we are (you) making the “argument” “what they wore is what most of America was wearing at the time”. Then I will say I’ve seen a ton of men wearing joggers in and out of the gym for quite a few years now. So therefore it’s naturally made its way onto the course. But yeah, I don’t live in Iowa/middle America, so I’m only speaking on my area. It’s all in fun. Wear what tickles your fancy and make fun and laugh at the ones you think look ridiculous. It’s all good. We could be going back n forth about way worse things… 

Totally agree on all in fun!

Sadly, the de riguer for young female wait staff almost everywhere these days in the summer are basically black skin tight yoga pants.  Not everyone should wear those, male or female, but pretty much all the young ladies do. I remember ordering at the course one day for lunch and a young lady that just shouldn't have been wearing them waited on us, and as she walked away my wife just said, "oh honey" in her quiet and very sympathetic way.  She would suggest our girls not wear them on general principle.  We were on a getaway to SoCal and after a long morning beach walk snapped a pic of my wife from behind in her . . . yoga pants . . . at a grocery store!  Predictably, it wasn't "haha, caught you" when I texted it, it was "Dad don't pick on Mom, she looks great!" And she did, but of course, not the point.  We can't win!

Edited by Hawkeye77