2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)

1 hour ago, NoCalHack said:

If I’m an OEM I wouldn’t sponsor Bryson for free. 

The amount of money you would burn just making prototypes for him that you could never sell to anyone else is not worth the exposure you’d get on the CW. 

I would pay for him NOT to use my clubs.

• Haha 4

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

13 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Just have to say. I’d estimate that 80%+ of the response here are “anti-Bryson” but dang, 11 pages and going strong! No denying he still moves the proverbial needle. 

Like a fine wine, the story keeps getting better over time 😄

• Haha 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, NoCalHack said:

If I’m an OEM I wouldn’t sponsor Bryson for free. 

The amount of money you would burn just making prototypes for him that you could never sell to anyone else is not worth the exposure you’d get on the CW. 

But the one length irons account for 20% of Cobra’s sales…. 😂 

I hope he comes back and plays well like the Bryson of old. Right now, he plays close matches with YouTube influencers. 

No matter what you think of Bryson, it sucks for golf. This is a former US Am and Open Champion. Maybe his terrible play will help LIV fold and motivate Bryson to play better and qualify for the PGA Tour. 

• Like 3

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

30 minutes ago, PowderedToastMan said:

I hope he comes back and plays well like the Bryson of old. Right now, he plays close matches with YouTube influencers. 

No matter what you think of Bryson, it sucks for golf. This is a former US Am and Open Champion. Maybe his terrible play will help LIV fold and motivate Bryson to play better and qualify for the PGA Tour. 

Me and my buddy were talking about this yesterday. It appears Bryson is just fine being a wealthy "novelty" golfer. That Jordan/Kobe instinct isn't in a lot of players/athletes these days. They want  wealth, travel, date Instagram models, play some golf but not concerned with winning and stay somewhat in the news cycle etc... Doesn't sound all that bad but a far cry from some of our favorite past athletes.

Edited by Mp14forlife
  • Like 1

I am not a Bryson apologizer.  He’s beyond entitled.  But.  Cobras  comments about “ unicorns” are weak sauce.   If he’s finding better results with Taylormade.  You can’t claim it’s impossible. Even if it’s just a feel perception thing.  Cobra driver to me always swing “ big” and slow.  Same for ping.  You just can’t get them through the hit the same as callaway or TM.  Tm swinging smallest most times.  Exceptions being either  Gen m2 or the first Gen m1.  Those were big to me.  

cobra couldn’t do it.  That’s bottom line.  And I get it.  As much as I love their fairway woods and hybrids. I find their drivers to be my least favorite 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

26 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I am not a Bryson apologizer.  He’s beyond entitled.  But.  Cobras  comments about “ unicorns” are weak sauce.   If he’s finding better results with Taylormade.  You can’t claim it’s impossible. Even if it’s just a feel perception thing.  Cobra driver to me always swing “ big” and slow.  Same for ping.  You just can’t get them through the hit the same as callaway or TM.  Tm swinging smallest most times.  Exceptions being either  Gen m2 or the first Gen m1.  Those were big to me.  

cobra couldn’t do it.  That’s bottom line.  And I get it.  As much as I love their fairway woods and hybrids. I find their drivers to be my least favorite 

What driver existing today and put you in the fairway no matter where you strike it on the face at 200mph?  I will anxiously wait for your response.  Everything Cobra said was pretty spot on.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Vlade15 said:

What driver existing today and put you in the fairway no matter where you strike it on the face at 200mph?  I will anxiously wait for your response.  Everything Cobra said was pretty spot on.

So.   You want me to slay your straw man?  Woosh.  I use the wind of Zoltan  to blow him down ….. done.  

in all seriousness.  Where did I say any of that ? I simply said that either real or perceived , he’s finding a difference with TM. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be hitting one.  Yes or no ?  

• Like 2

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

31 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

So.   You want me to slay your straw man?  Woosh.  I use the wind of Zoltan  to blow him down ….. done.  

in all seriousness.  Where did I say any of that ? I simply said that either real or perceived , he’s finding a difference with TM. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be hitting one.  Yes or no ?  

You said cobras comments on a unicorn are "weak sauce".  How so?  The unicorn he wants is something he can hit all over the face and still be in the fairway - which is not possible.  What was wrong with what the said?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vlade15 said:

You said cobras comments on a unicorn are "weak sauce".  How so?  The unicorn he wants is something he can hit all over the face and still be in the fairway - which is not possible.  What was wrong with what the said?

Not possible yet, but that's where composite face tech shows real promise.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vlade15 said:

Good-better- best is your answer.   

Cobra might be good. Something else might be better. Or he may even get to a best ( i don’t think he has ) .  But the better or best still won’t be the unicorn.  But better and best will always beat good.  

And all of that is in the eyes of the beholder.  Which in this case is Bryson.  Only he can judge what the unicorn smells like.  There is no wrong answer.   Except apparently better or best isn’t any of the cobra heads he’s hit.  

im not trying to be ugly here.   But this is a simple debate.  Both sides of the cobra driver debate here have pitched hissy fits and walked away.  Why ?   Easy.  Because they couldn’t click Brysons trigger. And Bryson because he grew frustrated with not being satisfied.  Does that make cobra trash. Oh no.  But it does mean they failed IF he gets his trigger clicked somewhere else.  Time will tell.  The numbers won’t lie.  Right ?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, Mp14forlife said:

Me and my buddy were talking about this yesterday. It appears Bryson is just fine being a wealthy "novelty" golfer. That Jordan/Kobe instinct isn't in a lot of players/athletes these days. They want  wealth, travel, date Instagram models, play some golf but not concerned with winning and stay somewhat in the news cycle etc... Doesn't sound all that bad but a far cry from some of our favorite past athletes.

He seems to have it only for Long Drive at this point. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, he can do what he wants but his whole distance crusade has more than run it's course at this point if he wants to play high level tournament golf. 

3 hours ago, zeke66 said:

Overall interesting things to follow. Bryson connected Berkshire to Cobra. He seems to like cobra a lot. Wouldn’t be surprised if bryson doesn’t link with callaway as they have for a long time made popular king drive heads. 

I'm just glad Berkshire quit the arm lock, putting stroke looks so much better in his recent stuff. But Bryson connecting with an OEM with a LD connection would make sense. 

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Bryson’s comments (while on staff with Cobra)

“Technology is not up to par with the way golfers can perform at high speeds,” he said. “Anything over 185 mph – good luck trying to control it right now. 

“We’re still on a pursuit to who can make a driver that can work it at 200 anywhere and everywhere on the face and still goes in the fairway. When that day comes, that’s going to be eye-opening for a lot of individuals because they will be optimizing ball speeds at 195, which can fly 360 yards. And that’s going to change the game forever. But we’re not there yet.”

Cobra’s response.

“It was such an asinine statement, especially for a guy who is perceived to be all-knowing when it comes to science and physics, that he said he needs a driver that can be hit anywhere and everywhere across the face and find the fairway,” Schomin said. “With increased speed, demands increase precision. It’s just like a race car. You’ve got to be a better driver when you’re running at 200 miles per hour than you do at 75 (mph) going down I-95. He doesn’t believe that. He thinks there is a magic bullet out there. He’s looking for a unicorn.”

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I am not a Bryson apologizer.  He’s beyond entitled.  But.  Cobras  comments about “ unicorns” are weak sauce.   If he’s finding better results with Taylormade.  You can’t claim it’s impossible. Even if it’s just a feel perception thing.  Cobra driver to me always swing “ big” and slow.  Same for ping.  You "I" just can’t get them through the hit the same as callaway or TM.  Tm swinging smallest most times.  Exceptions being either  Gen m2 or the first Gen m1.  Those were big to me.  

Fixed it for you

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Good-better- best is your answer.   

Cobra might be good. Something else might be better. Or he may even get to a best ( i don’t think he has ) .  But the better or best still won’t be the unicorn.  But better and best will always beat good.  

And all of that is in the eyes of the beholder.  Which in this case is Bryson.  Only he can judge what the unicorn smells like.  There is no wrong answer.   Except apparently better or best isn’t any of the cobra heads he’s hit.  

im not trying to be ugly here.   But this is a simple debate.  Both sides of the cobra driver debate here have pitched hissy fits and walked away.  Why ?   Easy.  Because they couldn’t click Brysons trigger. And Bryson because he grew frustrated with not being satisfied.  Does that make cobra trash. Oh no.  But it does mean they failed IF he gets his trigger clicked somewhere else.  Time will tell.  The numbers won’t lie.  Right ?  

His trigger is a driver that he can hit ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE on the face at 200mph ball speeds and still find fairway. If any OEM "clicks his trigger" they'll be the only driver everyone would buy. He's falling on his own sword and trying to find the killer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

No. Pros go through searches with clubs, usually when they're playing their worst. When a switch happens, it typically means nothing about the previous club or the new one. Justin Rose was #1 in the world and swapped OEMs to Honma, won his first tourney with them in the bag and then fell off the planet. It means nothing about TaylorMade or Honma. It means everything about Justin Rose. 

To give TaylorMade a "W" because Bryson was seen hitting it is premature. We should never look to Pros to determine the performance of a product. They are the top 1% of the top 1% and are also some of the most finicky and impossible people to please. Often times they find it impossible to point blame at themselves for their woes, so they change equipment, change coaches, change caddies and OEMs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, coloradogolf72 said:

No. Pros go through searches with clubs, usually when they're playing their worst. When a switch happens, it typically means nothing about the previous club or the new one. Justin Rose was #1 in the world and swapped OEMs to Honma, won his first tourney with them in the bag and then fell off the planet. It means nothing about TaylorMade or Honma. It means everything about Justin Rose. 

To give TaylorMade a "W" because Bryson was seen hitting it is premature. We should never look to Pros to determine the performance of a product. They are the top 1% of the top 1% and are also some of the most finicky and impossible people to please. Often times they find it impossible to point blame at themselves for their woes, so they change equipment, change coaches, change caddies and OEMs. 

Not to mention he missed the cut at that tournament.

1 hour ago, gators78 said:

Bryson’s comments (while on staff with Cobra)

“Technology is not up to par with the way golfers can perform at high speeds,” he said. “Anything over 185 mph – good luck trying to control it right now. 

“We’re still on a pursuit to who can make a driver that can work it at 200 anywhere and everywhere on the face and still goes in the fairway. When that day comes, that’s going to be eye-opening for a lot of individuals because they will be optimizing ball speeds at 195, which can fly 360 yards. And that’s going to change the game forever. But we’re not there yet.”

Cobra’s response.

“It was such an asinine statement, especially for a guy who is perceived to be all-knowing when it comes to science and physics, that he said he needs a driver that can be hit anywhere and everywhere across the face and find the fairway,” Schomin said. “With increased speed, demands increase precision. It’s just like a race car. You’ve got to be a better driver when you’re running at 200 miles per hour than you do at 75 (mph) going down I-95. He doesn’t believe that. He thinks there is a magic bullet out there. He’s looking for a unicorn.”

Exactly what I said. Two hissy  fits 

Im sure both of those public statements were after months of behind the scenes attempts.  

Edited by bladehunter

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, coloradogolf72 said:

Fixed it for you

Ok. I figured there was one of the cobra guys in here.  I kid I kid. 

im not giving Taylormade any Ws.  I literally said IF.  And that I didn’t think he had found “ best “.      You guys jump off bridges too quickly and refuse t hear what I’m saying.  

im one of the most traditional guys here.  I’d outlaw graphite shafts and big drivers yesterday if you give me the power. But I play them for the advantage.  You can’t call me a bryson fan if I’d want to throttle him that much.  It makes no sense.  

but you also cannot expect me to automatically take cobras side as if Bryson just can’t see or feel what he’s saying.  

to break this down. He’s likely talking  about a 1.5 inch square on the face. He’s not talking about amateur misses.  And he’s likely seeing spin jump dramatically for that tiny miss. At his speed I’d bet he gets 1500 rpm variations inside a small area.  Suppose he just hit something that brings that to a 400 rpm variance ???????? That’s huge.  Really huge.  Probably 50 yards huge at his speed.  The question of whether he can use that speed on tour is irrelevant in his mind.  And I see what he’s saying.  He wants to see top performance whether he can keep it on the race track or not.   It’s not a dig on cobra really.  It’s just facts.

I’m in the car world. And it’s no different than when we see a car gain 3-4 tenths 60 foot times just by changing tire compounds.  Some cars and some tracks like different things.   They simply can’t find him a driver that he loves.  It’s that simple. I highly doubt he’s hating on them on purpose.  I’m sure he wants to love a cobra driver.  But he hasn’t.  For a guy with speed. Finding a driver you like is a unicorn.  But we’ve all had a few , and that’s why you hate to settle .  You chase that perfection again.  I don’t know why you guys are having a cow over it.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 3

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 hours ago, Vlade15 said:

The TSR2 comes pretty close.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

6 hours ago, bladehunter said:

To each his own. Personally my feels are just the opposite of yours. Bryson’s are any ones guess. BUT they are absolutely right about precision. There will never be a driver that performs as accurately at 260 yards as it does at 360 yards. It is just plain physics as Bryson dang well knows. Every golfer knows there are good days and bad days. Bad days at 360 yards are really bad days. 
I remember reading an article a few years ago. Using an iron Byron to test accuracy, they found that a repeating mechanical swing deviated by several yards right to left. I don’t remember exactly but maybe 3 yards from centerline. That increased exponentially as distance increased to the point of hitting a fairway maybe 25 yards at 325 was difficult even for the machine. 

That TM driver was good enough to MC just like the others. If he settles on it I’d be curious how often he fails one.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

• GwrxMod changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)