2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)

2 hours ago, J_Tizzle said:

Oh thats interesting to know as well.  I have known lots of people to get fit by my local guy who was a GD top 100 fitter and ONE of them got put into a LA shaft.  With that said he drives it the best I've ever seen him drive it now, but still.

I can tell you first hand that LA Golf product is as good as anything out there and there's no reason not to give it a look in a fit. I'll say that the shafts ARE different as far as feel goes so like any other shaft, they're not for everybody. But the 2 guys that have a stake in the company not even playing the product is beyond bizarre.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

5 hours ago, martymcfly said:

As far as i know DJ is also out of the DJ shaft and back in the ol´trusty speeder, at least has been switching back and forth. As part owners id imagine they could cook up just about anything theyd want.

Maybe thats just it though.  No knock on LA Golf but, they just aren't playing the shafts which is a little weird and interesting.  Maybe they just can't produce a shaft either of them like.

I've never hit an LA Golf shaft so, I can't speak to their performance.

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

On 2/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, Vespar said:

Lets face it between Ricky, Bryson and Lexi ...how long does Cobra  go to garner a 2 maybe 3% marketshare world wide. If they took those 3 out of the equation they would still be the same or slightly less. It only took Nike 15 years to realize spending 100 of millions of dollars on high-end endorsements, advertising and manufacturing of clubs, balls is a losing proposition. There are too many manufactuers fighting over marketshare spots of 5 thru 10 in manufacturing

BTW I expect Lexi to sell out when her contract is up and join the lemmings in Nike apparel, then have her game go further south

IMO

I think Nike’s retreat from the golf business says less about the margins in the golf business and more about the margins in the athletic shoes and clothing business. 

When your core business involves making things for fifty cents and selling them for fifty bucks the golf business looks like some kind of hobby. 

Edited by me05501
  • Like 4

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

46 minutes ago, J_Tizzle said:

Same, I miss watching DJ just make the game look efforless and Bryson slashing at it, but for the life of me I cannot watch a LIV tournament.  To watch 50 guys I have no interest in watching just to see DJ hit one shot, plus I hate the shotgun stuff.

That's where I'm at with it.  I miss watching DJ as well, but I have no interest in watching anyone else, and I'm not a fan at all about a shotgun start for a professional tournament.  

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

11 hours ago, BallerNate said:

No, definitely not holding my breath.

And I don’t blame the guys who left for accepting multi-generational money that will dramatically change the inheritance they leave to their children and grandchildren.

I just miss watching them play on Tour and can’t stomach watching LIV.

I've got other deeper posts about it but... Just do what I did: realize a month or so after cutting cable (AT&T U-verse but same diff.) and the ESPN+ app being total garbage that you don't give a $#IT about watching live golf, except for the majors. FWIW I've watched more LIV than PGA in the last year simply because I can watch it off the LIV site or YT off of my phone. The whole PGA vs. LIV fiasco, the political gaslighting, and the outrageous $$$-making mudslinging + gossip (here's to you, Alan Shipnuck, you money-grabbing turd) attached to that circus were the nail in the coffin for me and many many others. 

I would imagine that Bryson will be equipment agnostic by the end of the year, at least in terms of his clubs.

Edited by DON SVO
  • Like 3

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

23 minutes ago, DON SVO said:

I've got other deeper posts about it but... Just do what I did: realize a month or so after cutting cable (AT&T U-verse but same diff.) and the ESPN+ app being total garbage that you don't give a $#IT about watching live golf, except for the majors. FWIW I've watched more LIV than PGA in the last year simply because I can watch it off the LIV site or YT off of my phone. The whole PGA vs. LIV fiasco, the political gaslighting, and the outrageous $$$-making mudslinging + gossip (here's to you, Alan Shipnuck, you money-grabbing turd) attached to that circus were the nail in the coffin for me and many many others. 

I would imagine that Bryson will be equipment agnostic by the end of the year, at least in terms of his clubs.

Lol money grabbing turd kind of ironic using that phrase, no?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

Are you holding your breath? 
If they do fold the LIV players will surely miss all the cash. However the PGA players should be kissing Phil’s ring for putting a rocket ship to the tails of their prospects of making somewhere near LIV money. He changed the game for their pocketbooks and all he’s gotten is disgust from some of those hypocrites. Somewhere in all this bullchit people forgot that it’s a business and Phil did the ‘workers’ a great favor by going out on that limb. 

But but but Saudis bad

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

Are you holding your breath? 
If they do fold the LIV players will surely miss all the cash. However the PGA players should be kissing Phil’s ring for putting a rocket ship to the tails of their prospects of making somewhere near LIV money. He changed the game for their pocketbooks and all he’s gotten is disgust from some of those hypocrites. Somewhere in all this bullchit people forgot that it’s a business and Phil did the ‘workers’ a great favor by going out on that limb. 

I'm sure LIV put some pep in the step of the PGA but this is also the first year of a massive new media deal. Phil is getting a lot more credit than he really deserves. That slush fund he keeps talking about as though it keeps money out of the players pockets? That's what floated them during Covid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bdck said:

The news I'm waiting for - Bryson bags a set of edel sms irons

My guess is the non-driving iron irons will be Artisans since he's bagging the wedges, but he'll keep those Cobra driving irons just due to the tech probably in them.

But thats just my gut feeling, but of course he's had Edels in the past, so they could easily use their new iron heads (the hollow body ones) and get Bryson the numbers he's looking for out of the longer irons.  

• Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

21 hours ago, me05501 said:

I think Nike’s retreat from the golf business says less about the margins in the golf business and more about the margins in the athletic shoes and clothing business. 

When your core business involves making things for fifty cents and selling them for fifty bucks the golf business looks like some kind of hobby. 

I dont know the numbers of Nike golfs profits/losses, but I read that they pulled out of the hockey market because "they were only making 4 dollars for every dollar they spent." My guess is the golf hard goods had a similar scenario. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 7:03 PM, The Mad Bomber said:

I can tell you first hand that LA Golf product is as good as anything out there and there's no reason not to give it a look in a fit. I'll say that the shafts ARE different as far as feel goes so like any other shaft, they're not for everybody. But the 2 guys that have a stake in the company not even playing the product is beyond bizarre.

I agree.  The LAGP shafts are legit.  It's just that the company has done a really bad job of advertising and networking.  I recently got to test the new G-Series and it's given me some eye popping numbers that I haven't seen in awhile.  It's also a grand MSRP but I got quoted 750 but still that's a hard pill to swallow when I can get numbers almost as good with other OEM for less. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I agree.  The LAGP shafts are legit.  It's just that the company has done a really bad job of advertising and networking.  I recently got to test the new G-Series and it's given me some eye popping numbers that I haven't seen in awhile.  It's also a grand MSRP but I got quoted 750 but still that's a hard pill to swallow when I can get numbers almost as good with other OEM for less. 

What did it feel like? What kind of numbers vs others?

Current Setup:

LH

Krank Formula Fire LD 4 degree Paderson Kinetixx Velocity D30+

Cobra F9 tour 13.5 turned to 12.5 Aldila RIPX 85TX

3-P Ping i210 LA golf L-Series 6 Flex

50 Ping glide forged 4.0 Lagp L-Series 6 flex

56&60 Ping glide forged pro La golf L series 6 flex

PXG Battle Ready II Blackjack double bend

1 hour ago, Valtiel said:

The problem with that argument is that it isn't possible, practical, or even equivalent. If you decide to "take a stand against China" then you're not playing golf at all and likely throwing away 75%+ of the stuff you own. By this logic anyone saying bad stuff about LIV/SA is a hypocrite because they also use oil/gas. It's a false dichotomy because LIV isn't a necessary product serving a purpose, so talking trash about it isn't some moral stance that requires you to then bring up EVERY other moral issue in the world that deserves attention. 

Not really. Im not saying throw away everything you own made in china. Damage has already been done there. But You can decide to not purchase something going forward though. It is possible to get most of your stuff from stuff not made in china but probably not ALL OF IT…or even just play really old stuff. You  can decide to break the cycle of supporting these companies by buying equipment every year from them.  You can also pressure them by speaking up on forums, social media, emails. Just imagine if the unthinkable happens, they attack Taiwan, we defend. The whole golf industry along with alot of others would just crash… why did we allow this to happen? 

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Ex Blade User said:

Lol money grabbing turd kind of ironic using that phrase, no?

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Both sides of this coin are after $$$ (PGA and LIV) and have created a 3 ring circus that has essentially turned a ton of viewers off. There are more than enough ancillary peons (like Shipnuck) hitching their buggy to this $#itshow train and trying to cash in. The situation as a whole is deplorable. 

My golf viewing time is on YT channels at this point 95+%. Guess who has a pretty decent YT channel? Bryson of all people. 

On topic again: I wonder if Taylormade can accommodate single length irons.

• Like 3

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

On 2/2/2023 at 1:33 PM, KimmerBH said:

Never been a fan of Bryson but I do miss seeing him play every week along with some others that went to LIV. He was definitely entertaining to watch, I'll give him that. 

I watched some LIV rounds, the best thing they have going for them is you know who you are tuning in to see every week.

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

5 minutes ago, DON SVO said:

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Both sides of this coin are after $$$ (PGA and LIV) and have created a 3 ring circus that has essentially turned a ton of viewers off. There are more than enough ancillary peons (like Shipnuck) hitching their buggy to this $#itshow train and trying to cash in. The situation as a whole is deplorable. 

My golf viewing time is on YT channels at this point 95+%. Guess who has a pretty decent YT channel? Bryson of all people. 

On topic again: I wonder if Taylormade can accommodate single length irons.

haha seriously. 

Back on topic: If Bryson dumps Cobra (or vice versa), I can see him going back to EDEL for some one length irons.

It always amazes me how influential professional golfers are on amateurs equipment. I have never played a single club because a professional player played it. Yeah, I see some amateurs with bags completely full of one brand of golf clubs, and I wonder if they have ever tried anything else.

i’m sure Justin Rose is just fine with winning Pebble Beach with clubs in his bag that probably no one else was playing.

• Like 3

• GwrxMod changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)