2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)

10 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I agree.  The LAGP shafts are legit.  It's just that the company has done a really bad job of advertising and networking.  I recently got to test the new G-Series and it's given me some eye popping numbers that I haven't seen in awhile.  It's also a grand MSRP but I got quoted 750 but still that's a hard pill to swallow when I can get numbers almost as good with other OEM for less. 

I hit the G Series and DJ back to back. Loved the DJ and it worked great but once he handed me the G series I was blown away. Im traditionally a ventus black kind of player so I was shocked how well the G Series worked for me for having a smooth kick to it. It was so accurate and gave me probably the best overall fitting numbers with a driver ive ever seen for my game.....$1000 worth??? No, but it is a darn good shaft that I hope to find for a decent price sometime. Currently I have the DJ shaft and im very very happy with it

• Like 2

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

1 hour ago, DON SVO said:

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Both sides of this coin are after $$$ (PGA and LIV) and have created a 3 ring circus that has essentially turned a ton of viewers off. There are more than enough ancillary peons (like Shipnuck) hitching their buggy to this $#itshow train and trying to cash in. The situation as a whole is deplorable. 

My golf viewing time is on YT channels at this point 95+%. Guess who has a pretty decent YT channel? Bryson of all people. 

On topic again: I wonder if Taylormade can accommodate single length irons.

Bryson being a money grabbing turd is completely on topic in my eyes 

3 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

It always amazes me how influential professional golfers are on amateurs equipment. I have never played a single club because a professional player played it. Yeah, I see some amateurs with bags completely full of one brand of golf clubs, and I wonder if they have ever tried anything else.

i’m sure Justin Rose is just fine with winning Pebble Beach with clubs in his bag that probably no one else was playing.

And JR’s were built right before the tournament started! 

11 hours ago, Tbone107 said:

What did it feel like? What kind of numbers vs others?

It was really smooth with a hint of kick.  For a mid/mid shaft it's quite stable.  Ball speed was right up there with the 1K PW.  It doesn't demand an all out swing either for it to shine either which is big in my book.  1900-2400 rpm which is ideal for me.  Very possibly the unicorn I've been searching for.........

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

It always amazes me how influential professional golfers are on amateurs equipment. I have never played a single club because a professional player played it. Yeah, I see some amateurs with bags completely full of one brand of golf clubs, and I wonder if they have ever tried anything else.

i’m sure Justin Rose is just fine with winning Pebble Beach with clubs in his bag that probably no one else was playing.

If that amazes you, try this on. These days I’d bet social media influencers actually have more pull (or at least as much) on what clubs people play than what clubs pros play. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boggyman said:

Split, not currently under contract… So similar to the “break” Phil and Callaway are on???Haha. Clearly not all is well between them as this “break” is quite unusual. 
My much respected internet opinion is. Cobra would be fine (better off) w/o him. Outside of his socials he has barely any eyes on him these days and they can stop making the one length irons nobody buys. He’s the perfect ‘free agent’ IMO. 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Split, not currently under contract… So similar to the “break” Phil and Callaway are on???Haha. Clearly not all is well between them as this “break” is quite unusual. 
My much respected internet opinion is. Cobra would be fine (better off) w/o him. Outside of his socials he has barely any eyes on him these days and they can stop making the one length irons nobody buys. He’s the perfect ‘free agent’ IMO. 

You’d think they’d have come up with something by now! 

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 9:59 AM, J_Tizzle said:

Same, I miss watching DJ just make the game look efforless and Bryson slashing at it, but for the life of me I cannot watch a LIV tournament.  To watch 50 guys I have no interest in watching just to see DJ hit one shot, plus I hate the shotgun stuff.

Agree 100%!

Cameron Smith is probably the guy I miss watching the most, but definitely miss watching DJ too for sure.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Agree 100%!

Cameron Smith is probably the guy I miss watching the most, but definitely miss watching DJ too for sure.

Yeah there are a couple of the LIV guys that are, of course, very very good and pretty interesting and entertaining to watch.  DJ, Bryson, Reed (love or hate him) bring some buzz, and I always loved watching Louis swing a club and to a lesser extent Sergio, and Wolff I don't understand how he hits a ball like that, but thats about it to me.  Personally, not a Cam guy, but watching guys that are as hot as he was last year is pretty fun when they're coming down the final round and chasing (or being chased), but the shotgun just doesn't do it for me, when the guy charging is finishing on 12...

• Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

1 hour ago, J_Tizzle said:

Yeah there are a couple of the LIV guys that are, of course, very very good and pretty interesting and entertaining to watch.  DJ, Bryson, Reed (love or hate him) bring some buzz, and I always loved watching Louis swing a club and to a lesser extent Sergio, and Wolff I don't understand how he hits a ball like that, but thats about it to me.  Personally, not a Cam guy, but watching guys that are as hot as he was last year is pretty fun when they're coming down the final round and chasing (or being chased), but the shotgun just doesn't do it for me, when the guy charging is finishing on 12...

Yeah, love watching P. Reed too. Love him or hate him, the dude is incredible to watch…especially with a wedge in his hand!

I only tried watching one LIV event and was just confused the whole time. So bizarre.

• Like 4

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Cobra losing Bryson is a + imo.   Perhaps go back to Ricky as face of company. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

9 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

You may not think you have been influenced by endorsements but their impact on the marketplace is much bigger than “Rahm has this putter so I need this putter.” Tour presence and tour staff shape how we all feel about specific brands whether we acknowledge it or just let it seep into our subconscious. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

4 hours ago, TiScape said:

Phil is still a Callaway staffer. The break is just that they are not using him in marketing material… so he has all the benefits.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, mosesgolf said:

1 hour ago, Gregakin said:

Agreed. The staff likely went out for happy hour celebration and are glad they don't have to kiss his butt anymore.  Put all their energy into Ricky and Lexi. 

With all due respect, I know Ricky is a really nice guy and he used to be good, but can he really still be the face of any OEM?

I got into Golf in 2020 during the start of the pandemic, so for me I had to do Google searches and research to find out why so many people still talk about Ricky…

Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 3

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, mosesgolf said:

They probably could use getting one of the big up and comers over to their stable the most.  I love Rickie, but you figure one of the really young and likeable guys (who might be on the leaderboard more often) would be better for their brand.  But end of the day I worry that Cobra is slowly losing a step to all the big boys and we'll end up having about 5 major golf brands then a bunch of smaller brands.  Cobra (and probably Srixon, but their stuff is bigger overseas) seem like the two most likely to bite the bullet...

Just thinking about the free agents, if they could get maybe Cantlay, and I don't know his contract situation but Tom Kim would be an excellent addition.  Just guys like that.  Cobra gear is top notch and look just as good as about anything, just need to get it in front of people's eyes.

Edited by J_Tizzle
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

1 hour ago, J_Tizzle said:

They probably could use getting one of the big up and comers over to their stable the most.  I love Rickie, but you figure one of the really young and likeable guys (who might be on the leaderboard more often) would be better for their brand.  But end of the day I worry that Cobra is slowly losing a step to all the big boys and we'll end up having about 5 major golf brands then a bunch of smaller brands.  Cobra (and probably Srixon, but their stuff is bigger overseas) seem like the two most likely to bite the bullet...

Just thinking about the free agents, if they could get maybe Cantlay, and I don't know his contract situation but Tom Kim would be an excellent addition.  Just guys like that.  Cobra gear is top notch and look just as good as about anything, just need to get it in front of people's eyes.

They could really reach for the top shelf and sign me.. I don’t think cobra drivers suck. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

7 hours ago, TiScape said:

i always think its funny that people say "no one is buying the OL's".....i think it something like 20% of there sells, which doesnt seem like a lot, but what percent of the OL market is buying cobra's is the question.....and i would think it a lot......why make long drive shafts? shot, why even make ladies clubs right? no one is buying them when you look at percent of total sells?

4 hours ago, GriperRiper said:

i always think its funny that people say "no one is buying the OL's".....i think it something like 20% of there sells, which doesnt seem like a lot, but what percent of the OL market is buying cobra's is the question.....and i would think it a lot......why make long drive shafts? shot, why even make ladies clubs right? no one is buying them when you look at percent of total sells?

Great point. Should have said I don’t know anyone, nor have I ever seen anyone in all my years of playing many different courses that has them. I have never even heard anyone outside of a few on this site even mention them. 
As far as how many ppl are buying Cobra clubs? I have no data, but would bet it’s A LOT less than any of the following. Titleist, TM, Ping, Callaway and even Mizuno. 

Edited by TiScape

5 hours ago, BallerNate said:

I got into Golf in 2020 during the start of the pandemic, so for me I had to do Google searches and research to find out why so many people still talk about Rickie… 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/2xEaaxuSXR2Spq3v7N/200.gif

Charisma and boyish good looks. 

C30650E1-0BB4-4DE8-9E34-1A03BAD6A23F.gif

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

Cobra must be glad to part ways with Bryson as he hurt them more than anything. Oh so now he is using the new Stealth 2 plus driver, how is that working out, oh he missed the cut by 6 shots using it at the  PIF Saudi International in King Abdullah tournament. TaylorMade would be crazy to sign him. 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

8 hours ago, BallerNate said:

With all due respect, I know Ricky is a really nice guy and he used to be good, but can he really still be the face of any OEM?

He absolutely can, he just needs some more sundays. Not even wins, just top 10s so we see the orange. The margins are so razor thin on tour and he has had several years of struggles. His recent YT content probably got more eyes on him then the past 5 years combined.

Another thing that can help is he no longer is playing clubs that were modern in 1972 from a tech perspective, so put him in a few of the new Cobra line commercials. Far more relatable to viewers then one length clubs ever could be. 

10 hours ago, BallerNate said:

I got into Golf in 2020 during the start of the pandemic, so for me I had to do Google searches and research to find out why so many people still talk about Ricky…

/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/2xEaaxuSXR2Spq3v7N/200.gif

Doesn’t matter. He is very popular and that’s what matters in this age of celebrity 

6 hours ago, TiScape said:

2 hours ago, bvanlieu said:

He absolutely can, he just needs some more sundays. Not even wins, just top 10s so we see the orange. The margins are so razor thin on tour and he has had several years of struggles. His recent YT content probably got more eyes on him then the past 5 years combined.

Another thing that can help is he no longer is playing clubs that were modern in 1972 from a tech perspective, so put him in a few of the new Cobra line commercials. Far more relatable to viewers then one length clubs ever could be. 

44 minutes ago, Ex Blade User said:

Doesn’t matter. He is very popular and that’s what matters in this age of celebrity 

Well, for me personally I have a high level competitive sports background as a former College Basketball player (and coach).

So for me, and others who follow high level competitive sports, Winning and being competitive matters and is a huge part of marketing and endorsements.

I get that Ricky was a hot rising star in 2014 and is really likeable, but that puts him in the Sergio Garcia and Jason Day category for me of guys who used to be really good and have great personalities, but just don’t get it done anymore.

Not trying to argue, just giving my perspective and 2-cents.

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• GwrxMod changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)