2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)

10 hours ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

Impossible to beat a 4/5 year old driver and impossible to provide what Bryson seemingly expects are two different things. Or maybe you can read between the lines some more and tell me what Bryson really meant.

Also, I attempted to address the club question and you immediately asked me why I was bringing up club limits? When that’s kind of the whole deal.

You did say there were club limits in place and that he was perfectly fine to see it another oem could do better inside those limits.  Yes.    So where’s the beef? 

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

You did say there were club limits in place and that he was perfectly fine to see it another oem could do better inside those limits.  Yes.    So where’s the beef? 

We already agree his comments shouldn't have been made in public. But I don't agree with the substance of what he is saying either. If he finds better results with another OEM so be it, but his comments about optimizing for high ball speed players just comes off as self-important and a way to pass off his poor play on equipment while apparently using this persona he's built to get people to buy it. I don't 🤷‍♂️.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

2 hours ago, Vlade15 said:

At 200mph?  Because my high toe ball with the tsr2 sure wasnt staying in the fairway - But I guess i'm not at 200mph.  Maybe the TSR2 gets more accurate the faster you swing anywhere on the face.

The Titleist rep has told me that the TSR2 is the most forgiving driver in their line, with the highest MOI.  He basically said that it's a driver that was made for the long bombers.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

2 hours ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

We already agree his comments shouldn't have been made in public. But I don't agree with the substance of what he is saying either. If he finds better results with another OEM so be it, but his comments about optimizing for high ball speed players just comes off as self-important and a way to pass off his poor play on equipment while apparently using this persona he's built to get people to buy it. I don't 🤷‍♂️.

Well I guess I appreciate the progress in conversation.  I knew it wasn’t a huge disagreement , it’s just difference in  how we both read between the lines.  

I just don’t see his gripe as blaming his poor play on cobra. In fact I don’t even follow or care about his play.  I look at him as now retired.  LIV isn’t on my radar - at all. It’s a circus act.  

im just a builder of things myself.  And I see criticism daily.  I always take it as it is.  A person who disagrees with my current practice.    Some are correct. Some are dead wrong.  And in my shop I’ll tell you you’re flat wrong if I think you are. But if you’re someone who’s questioning a method , because you have an idea or a goal out there that hasn’t been perfected  , then my mind stays open to learn.  Not because that person “ knows “ and will teach me , but because the want or the need for something is the impetus to learn.  I love when that type need pushes itself on me.  I see it as opportunity.  Not as a roadblock .  

in my opinion the cobra guys have a golden opportunity with Kyle and Bryson , to figure out what can be done for higher speeds . If the engineers pitched it correctly they should  be able to get approval for funds to explore.  Even if with a short leash . And who knows what discovery can be made ?  Instead I see them as taking it all as an aggravation that detracted from their 9-5 schedule.  Those type thinkers aren’t anyone im ever going to mesh with.   That’s doesn’t mean they’re bad guys. It just is impossible for me to understand their motivations. 

• Like 4

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

31 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Well I guess I appreciate the progress in conversation.  I knew it wasn’t a huge disagreement , it’s just difference in  how we both read between the lines.  

I just don’t see his gripe as blaming his poor play on cobra. In fact I don’t even follow or care about his play.  I look at him as now retired.  LIV isn’t on my radar - at all. It’s a circus act.  

im just a builder of things myself.  And I see criticism daily.  I always take it as it is.  A person who disagrees with my current practice.    Some are correct. Some are dead wrong.  And in my shop I’ll tell you you’re flat wrong if I think you are. But if you’re someone who’s questioning a method , because you have an idea or a goal out there that hasn’t been perfected  , then my mind stays open to learn.  Not because that person “ knows “ and will teach me , but because the want or the need for something is the impetus to learn.  I love when that type need pushes itself on me.  I see it as opportunity.  Not as a roadblock .  

in my opinion the cobra guys have a golden opportunity with Kyle and Bryson , to figure out what can be done for higher speeds . If the engineers pitched it correctly they should  be able to get approval for funds to explore.  Even if with a short leash . And who knows what discovery can be made ?  Instead I see them as taking it all as an aggravation that detracted from their 9-5 schedule.  Those type thinkers aren’t anyone im ever going to mesh with.   That’s doesn’t mean they’re bad guys. It just is impossible for me to understand their motivations. 

I’m bowing out of this thread but I’ll simply add that this presumes an incredible amount about the Cobra team, especially given what they have done for him in building prototypes in the past.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

I agree with everything you said. Except. I dont think they need both Kyle and Bryson. They just need Kyle. He is less of a headache and will actually help them learn because he doesnt think he knows everything. 

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

3 hours ago, Goldenhawk said:

The Titleist rep has told me that the TSR2 is the most forgiving driver in their line, with the highest MOI.  He basically said that it's a driver that was made for the long bombers.

I'm not 200 ball speed.   But I am also not slow either.  I guess an individuals results may vary, but I was not overly impressed with the forgiveness of a TRS2 - and certainly wouldn't think spin numbers would be even close to what somebody swinging it 200 would need.

But individual results vary, i suppose!

50 minutes ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

I’m bowing out of this thread but I’ll simply add that this presumes an incredible amount about the Cobra team, especially given what they have done for him in building prototypes in the past.

And I will try to as well.  

it is presumptuous.  No doubt. But it is based on their words and reaction.  And matches his words and reaction.  I just can’t come to any other conclusion based on what they said.  Their are no quotes from them that makes me think “ we’re plowing new ground here “.   The quote was “ we simply don’t have the manpower or time to deal with him “. I might be off a word or two but that’s the gist.  That doesn’t sound like out of the box thinkers.  

anyway.  You’re right.  It’s entirely guesswork on both our parts.  Appreciate you seeing what I was saying.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

5E35381D-F34A-440A-A7B8-B2DCD105181E.jpeg

If Cobra was making a decent driver we would see it in some free agents bags. All of the ones I’ve hit spin way too much and feel cheap 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

9 hours ago, kasting333 said:

If Cobra was making a decent driver we would see it in some free agents bags. All of the ones I’ve hit spin way too much and feel cheap 

That other site just ranked it number 2 overall and said it was the lowest spinning/deepest driver on the market.  Maybe they are wrong though. 😅

It wasn’t Cobra that said they didn’t have the time to deal with Bryson. I’m no Cobra fanboy and don’t play any of their clubs but some of the comments here about their R&D is ridiculous. By all accounts they went way above and beyond for Bryson. It wasn’t them that said they didn’t have the manpower to work with Dechambeau, it was one of the big 4 OEM’s executives:

“Cobra’s R&D team and tour staff invested more time and effort with DeChambeau than arguably any brand has for one of its ambassadors. As an executive at one of the ‘Big 4’ competitors said, “We don’t have the manpower to deal with him.”

• Like 3

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Tour Ad Di 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 

Titleist U500 3iron

TaylorMade P7MC 4-Pw Nippon 120 

50° Titleist Vokey SM8

54° Titleist Vokey SM8

60° Titleist Vokey SM8

TaylorMade Spider SR

TP5x /Pro V1

4 hours ago, Vlade15 said:

That other site just ranked it number 2 overall and said it was the lowest spinning/deepest driver on the market.  Maybe they are wrong though. 😅

Probably. That is a consumer focused test I wouldn’t put as much stock into as I would what free agents are playing. 

It’s so rare to see a cobra club in a free agents bag I can’t even think of one. 

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

7 minutes ago, kasting333 said:

Probably. That is a consumer focused test I wouldn’t put as much stock into as I would what free agents are playing. 

It’s so rare to see a cobra club in a free agents bag I can’t even think of one. 

I agree with putting a lot of stock in what the best in the world play when they can play ANYTHING they want to. I take any consumer focused “top drivers” type lists with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kasting333 said:

For what it's worth, Justin Rose just won a couple weeks ago with a set of Cobra irons in the bag.  He also had a Cobra 5w in the bag at times last year.  With that being said, it is pretty rare to see Cobra clubs in non-staffer's bags.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TiScape said:

I agree with putting a lot of stock in what the best in the world play when they can play ANYTHING they want to. I take any consumer focused “top drivers” type lists with a grain of salt. 

not to jump in a fight or anything, but im pretty sure any pro can play well with any equipment.....and golf is the only sport where people actually think equipment is the difference in playing good or not.....the fact that you put ANY stock into what PRO's are using just shows that you will buy what they tell you to buy, and the results are the same no matter what...unless of course you are a pro and can speak on why a pro may choose certain equipment over others?......point is they are the "best in the world" be they can hit the golf ball and play the game the best, not because they have the "best" equipment in the world.

Edited by GriperRiper

3 hours ago, GriperRiper said:

not to jump in a fight or anything, but im pretty sure any pro can play well with any equipment.....and golf is the only sport where people actually think equipment is the difference in playing good or not.....the fact that you put ANY stock into what PRO's are using just shows that you will buy what they tell you to buy, and the results are the same no matter what...unless of course you are a pro and can speak on why a pro may choose certain equipment over others?......point is they are the "best in the world" be they can hit the golf ball and play the game the best, not because they have the "best" equipment in the world.

Uh, I’d say they aren’t “telling me what to buy” if they aren’t being payed to play it. They are just playing what they feel gives them the best chance to win. And they aren’t the best bcs of what equipment they play. (Does anyone actually think that???) But they can 💯 most certainly optimize their world class skills/talent with the best equipment for their game/swing. Def not jumping into any fights here Mr. Riper.

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:00 AM, Goldenhawk said:

Was very surprised that Spieth picked up ball speed and distance when he switched from the TSR3 to the TSR2.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 2/13/2023 at 1:54 AM, TiScape said:

Uh for your information, it’s the CW app tour now! 🤣

“One Tree Hill LIV” , the retirement years 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

8 hours ago, shankz said:

The golf club is always going to be more accurate than the one swinging it. It’s like saying I want a handgun that can hit the bullseye at 100yards every time. The barrel sucks, they need to work on the rifling. 

Funny enough it actually exists. (For rifles anyway) Check out precision guided firearms (PGF)! Crazy stuff

21 hours ago, TiScape said:

Uh, I’d say they aren’t “telling me what to buy” if they aren’t being payed to play it. They are just playing what they feel gives them the best chance to win. And they aren’t the best bcs of what equipment they play. (Does anyone actually think that???) But they can 💯 most certainly optimize their world class skills/talent with the best equipment for their game/swing. Def not jumping into any fights here Mr. Riper.

I get that, my point is that the ball still has to be hit and eventually put into the hole.....it doesnt matter what ANY of us on here use to do it, because a crap shot with the best equipment or worst is still a crap shot.....also why do players at that level pick the equipment they pick?. does looks outweigh all other aspects? what about feel? maybe its a comfort with a certain brand? i dont know.....i dont think there is as big of a difference in these clubs as some like to believe, and i would also argue that anyone of them would be able to "dial in" any tour player to match whatever it is they are looking for......i think golf is such a weird sport in that every player at all levels thinks the equipment is going to make a positive change every year, yet they still score the same and they still have the same flaws in there game.

12 hours ago, GriperRiper said:

I get that, my point is that the ball still has to be hit and eventually put into the hole.....it doesnt matter what ANY of us on here use to do it, because a crap shot with the best equipment or worst is still a crap shot.....also why do players at that level pick the equipment they pick?. does looks outweigh all other aspects? what about feel? maybe its a comfort with a certain brand? i dont know.....i dont think there is as big of a difference in these clubs as some like to believe, and i would also argue that anyone of them would be able to "dial in" any tour player to match whatever it is they are looking for......i think golf is such a weird sport in that every player at all levels thinks the equipment is going to make a positive change every year, yet they still score the same and they still have the same flaws in there game.

If any OEM can dial in any club to match what a tour player is looking for, why is TM poster boy Rory playing a competitor’s wedges? (Vokey) You don’t think TM did everything within their power to keep him in their wedges??? So leads me to believe that the point you made just isn’t the case. Can also think of players that have switched an entire bag of clubs and ball after switching OEMs that were just never the same… So I’m just not convinced. 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 9:27 AM, Holy Moses said:

“If I can hit it down the middle of the fairway, that’s great, but with the driver right now, the driver sucks. It’s not a good face for me, and we’re still trying to figure out how to make it good on the mis-hits. I’m living on the razor’s edge, like I’ve told people for a long time.”

That was Bryson at The Open in 2021.

That was from months ago. I’m talking about recently.

On 2/16/2023 at 12:08 AM, TiScape said:

If any OEM can dial in any club to match what a tour player is looking for, why is TM poster boy Rory playing a competitor’s wedges? (Vokey) You don’t think TM did everything within their power to keep him in their wedges??? So leads me to believe that the point you made just isn’t the case. Can also think of players that have switched an entire bag of clubs and ball after switching OEMs that were just never the same… So I’m just not convinced. 

no it doesnt..... golfers are mental midgets, and will always default to comfort/belief of mind at that level..... players are constantly trying new things because they think its better (grass is greener) and when things start to go sideways they default back to there comfort place....was TM holding Rahm back or is callaway making stuff that is better for him then TM? or could Rahm do what he has done/is doing under TM?.....golf is such a mental game and if your more comfortable with knowing you have a TM or vokey or whatever in your hand then that is what you will do, but is it because the vokey is better then the TM? and thats where i would say no i dont think it is and i think thats where we disagree...i would also agrue to the whole cobra thing, is that most kids dont grow up playing with cobra clubs, and want to play what (insert top player at time) is playing, so they will default to the brand they are comfortable with/grew up playing and the machine is in full effect.

Edited by GriperRiper
  • Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)