Tigerrrrrrrrr!!!!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

bscinstnct

5 hours ago, Yorkshiregolf81 said:

Just don't see anyone in the game that can shape the ball and control the trajectory in the same way that Tiger does, especially under Major pressure - which is paramount at the Open. Springy turf for easy walking, and a hot week would be perfect for him.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Tiger doesn't shape it like Tiger right now. Rory does; it's his inability to dial back wedges that kills him, because he's a monster from the tee and with full iron shots. Scheffler has equaled Tiger's peak numbers for the full swing, and now that he's putting...

Β 

Tiger will be facing some of the stiffest competition possible. The only thing he might have on his side is that he's likely hungrier for another than some of the others, but that on its own isn't going to turn him into the Tiger of old. He's not playing competitive golf anything like Tiger of old did. The leaders came back to him in 2019, which is nothing like the way Tiger of old won.Β 

Β 

Almost everything is against him right now, and you'd be a loon to take him vs the field at any Major other than as a side bet or for nostalgia's sake because he's still your favorite golfer. For reference, he was my first pick in 2019, and I certainly had hope, but statically I was dreaming. Post accident & additional fusion it's a total pipe dream hoping for that one magical week, though admittedly if anyone can grind & grit it out he can.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

Β 

Tiger doesn't shape it like Tiger right now. Rory does; it's his inability to dial back wedges that kills him, because he's a monster from the tee and with full iron shots. Scheffler has equaled Tiger's peak numbers for the full swing, and now that he's putting...

Β 

Tiger will be facing some of the stiffest competition possible. The only thing he might have on his side is that he's likely hungrier for another than some of the others, but that on its own isn't going to turn him into the Tiger of old. He's not playing competitive golf anything like Tiger of old did. The leaders came back to him in 2019, which is nothing like the way Tiger of old won.Β 

Β 

Almost everything is against him right now, and you'd be a loon to take him vs the field at any Major other than as a side bet or for nostalgia's sake because he's still your favorite golfer. For reference, he was my first pick in 2019, and I certainly had hope, but statically I was dreaming. Post accident & additional fusion it's a total pipe dream hoping for that one magical week, though admittedly if anyone can grind & grit it out he can.Β 

Ha, lets agree to disagree, because I've watched Rory and Tiger a lot, and I've never seen Rory hit low stinger iron shots for position and then holdoff/cut mid irons with perfect distance control like Tiger. I've also never seen Rory shape it both ways off the tee with absolute reliability - he is struggling with a double cross pull/hook at the moment that rears its head when he does anything but full bore, teeth gritting lashes. Rory looks unbalanced and ungainly with his irons and never fully looks comfortable - he is undoubtedly blessed as one of the greatest proponents of the power game, but he is not and has never been fully comfortable at shaping iron shots and controlling distance. His wedge play is sometimes terrible - like you say; and it was only at the players in the first round when he started to use a sawn off follow through a la Fleetwood that he started getting some real control.Β 

Β 

I don't think Tiger will win again, but I hope he does. And for that to happen, I think he needs to play at a course where distance is levelled by the conditions = hot, dry and springy where an absolute will to win, control over distance and the ability to lag putts like a god is needed - The Open in a hot summer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I agree that TW got a fraction of his former gameΒ 

Β 

But Rory would openly admit that he never had the ability to work the ball like prime TW

Β 

I even recall him saying in an interview he was watching TW and was like

Β 

”I don’t have that shot”

Β 

We talkin bout Tiger now!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I agree when Rory is on, he can abuse a golf course. But nowhere near the finesse working the ball as prime TW

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At this point, and I would guess TW doesn’t want to hear it, people will continue to tune in to any tournament the Big Cat signs up for, despite understanding his body won’t let him contend.Β 
Β 

Even the Masters Tournament is ten times bigger because of TW showing up to play. Talk about moving the needle….

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dcfas said:

At this point, and I would guess TW doesn’t want to hear it, people will continue to tune in to any tournament the Big Cat signs up for, despite understanding his body won’t let him contend.Β 
Β 

Even the Masters Tournament is ten times bigger because of TW showing up to play. Talk about moving the needle….

Β 

To be honest, except for his most die hard fans, I am not sure that dog hunts anymore. I think most fans now understand the odds of him finishing a tournament let alone contending are not good and who really wants to see that?

Edited by Dpavs

34 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

Β 

To be honest, except for his most die hard fans, I am not sure that dog hunts anymore. I think most fans now understand the odds of him finishing a tournament let alone contending are not good and who really wants to see that?

I get that. But do you really think most fans won’t be watching?Β 

5 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Β 

I agree that TW got a fraction of his former gameΒ 

Β 

But Rory would openly admit that he never had the ability to work the ball like prime TW

Β 

I even recall him saying in an interview he was watching TW and was like

Β 

”I don’t have that shot”

Β 

We talkin bout Tiger now!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I agree when Rory is on, he can abuse a golf course. But nowhere near the finesse working the ball as prime TW

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

e33c4740-4a78-422a-8421-2e88913607e9_text.gif.02f23565852388281858193e8bb9c859.gif

Β 

I will agree, Rory doesn't have all the Tiger shots at his disposal. That said, he does have clutch long/driving irons in his wheel house and puts himself out of position in slightly different ways than prime Tiger, and unfortunately for Tiger, he's not the Tiger playing any longer. Rory also does things with the driver that no one else has touched previously. If he'd get chubby again, we know from Congressional how insane he can be with irons over four days. Everyone has their strengths, all comes down to who manages theirs best.

Β 

On Tiger, this one will probably forever be my favorite. Next day someone or another tried to replicate it after ending up in there and went straight into the tree, hah. Really wish he hadn't had that crash. Can only imagine what he could have continued to do if it weren't for that.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

Β 

e33c4740-4a78-422a-8421-2e88913607e9_text.gif.02f23565852388281858193e8bb9c859.gif

Β 

I will agree, Rory doesn't have all the Tiger shots at his disposal. That said, he does have clutch long/driving irons in his wheel house and puts himself out of position in slightly different ways than prime Tiger, and unfortunately for Tiger, he's not the Tiger playing any longer. Rory also does things with the driver that no one else has touched previously. If he'd get chubby again, we know from Congressional how insane he can be with irons over four days. Everyone has their strengths, all comes down to who manages theirs best.

Β 

On Tiger, this one will probably forever be my favorite. Next day someone or another tried to replicate it after ending up in there and went straight into the tree, hah. Really wish he hadn't had that crash. Can only imagine what he could have continued to do if it weren't for that.Β 

Β 

Β 

This guy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β - literally clueless. Prime Tiger is non comparable to any golfer, because of his mentality. Rory is the most talented of his era but struggles mentally (The Masters being the example) fact is golfers have struggles and hot streaks in all departments. Rory has a bad day with a wedge and people go mad. It’s stupid. Elite golf is 99% mental despite what this guy climbs on his high horse about. Scheffler also proving this, some of the putts he has missed would have rattled most golfers. Tiger would have won majors before this car crash. It’s seen him off - he literally can’t walk 72 holes which is sad and why he can’t play more events. There was no reason not to play an event between flu and masters if he could, it’s been warm with flat courses. If he wants to beat 18, he should use a buggy, it’s the only way but he’s clearly very proud.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dcfas said:

I get that. But do you really think most fans won’t be watching?Β 

Β 

IMO they may sell more tickets as there are fans who will want to be able to say, "I was there when Tiger hung up his PGA tour spurs" because that day is coming and that exact day may not be up to him the way he is going about things but, I don't think he is really that much of a TV draw anymore.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

Β 

IMO they may sell more tickets as there are fans who will want to be able to say, "I was there when Tiger hung up his PGA tour spurs" because that day is coming and that exact day may not be up to him the way he is going about things but, I don't think he is really that much of a TV draw anymore.

Β 

Until he makes a β€œpop in” and plays in a champions tour event, cruise in a cart with boo weekley

Β 

Get bigger ratings than the pga tour 🀣

Β 

Β 

IMG_1745.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Β 

Until he makes a β€œpop in” and plays in a champions tour event, cruise in a cart with boo weekley

Β 

Get bigger ratings than the pga tour 🀣

Β 

Β 

IMG_1745.jpeg

Β 

I agree, he may fair better once he decides riding in a cart is where he should be now πŸ™‚

• Like 1

Have people not learned anything from the past golf greats? Tiger and Phil will retire at the age of sixty-five and wave from the bridge at St. Andrews. Tiger and Phil will then move on to hitting the opening shot to start the Masters. Phil has to be close to sixty right now but he's still getting paid to shoot 80.🀣

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/26/2024 at 11:48 AM, Titleist99 said:

Have people not learned anything from the past golf greats? Tiger and Phil will retire at the age of sixty-five and wave from the bridge at St. Andrews. Tiger and Phil will then move on to hitting the opening shot to start the Masters. Phil has to be close to sixty right now but he's still getting paid to shoot 80.🀣

Β 

Tiger’s a ceremonial golfer at this point but Phil can still contend in major. He’s got a win and a runner up in a major since turning 50.Β 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting….

Β 

SportsDesk reporting on rumors that Fred Ridley, Chairman of Augusta National and the Masters Committee, will announce that an exemption is to be made granting Tiger Woods use of a golf cart for the upcoming Masters event on April 10.Β 
Β 

https://apnews.com/article/1e50d33d673048e1ae4446d4455c9793

Β 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Interesting….

Β 

SportsDesk reporting on rumors that Fred Ridley, Chairman of Augusta National and the Masters Committee, will announce that an exemption is to be made granting Tiger Woods use of a golf cart for the upcoming Masters event on April 10.Β 
Β 

https://apnews.com/article/1e50d33d673048e1ae4446d4455c9793

Β 

Β 

Even more interesting...

Β 

GKE9DiQXwAEgEc6.jpeg.6b5c99c9d7a1ccc8fabebb58ee5fe9bb.jpeg

Β 

Β 

🀣

• Haha 4

Contents of bag subject to change...frequentlyΒ 

On 3/25/2024 at 4:12 PM, Dpavs said:

Β 

Who doesn’t want to see a good crash? He attracts all sorts but he’s still transcendent as well. Β Still has legions of fans.Β